Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Vine Wand with Chimera Scale Fragment Core
Lyra Potter was in her tent at the Quidditch pitch. They had game tomorrow, but they had arrived earlier in the day to practice on the other team’s pitch. They were staying in tents which Lyra had improved by getting a better tent since James left the team. The blonde had plans to go out to a pub with Lanithro, so she had hurried in from practice to shower and out on something a tad bit nicer. Lanithro appreciated it when she looked more out together. The blonde was standing in front of her mirror putting on her makeup. She had already dressed in a simple green dress that matched her eyes. She knew Lanithro would be here soon to walk with her to the bar.

Falon hadn't played her best game during practice, and she knew why. Her mind was elsewhere, and she knew she wasn't going to be able to focus on the proper game the next day if she didn't clear her mind out. The beater had eventually talked to Felix about what had happened, meaning to scold him about the noise, but when he started crying, all she could think about was yelling at Lyra. The two of them were tentative friends, never really getting close again, purely because of Felix. She was so angry with the girl for breaking his heart again, she hadn't blocked any bludgers from zooming towards Lyra, and knew that it would be the same the following day unless she dealt with it. She had missed Lyra after the showers, so she quickly made her way to Lyra's tent, not wanting to miss her again. Poking her head in, Falon raised an eyebrow at how made up Lyra was, and felt herself getting angry. "Off for a big night then?" She asked icily.

Lyra turned as she heard a voice behind her. She shouldn't have been surprised that Falon didn't knock, but really, who did she know that did? She had been avoiding the other girl for several days, not wanting to answer the questions that she knew Falon had. Based on the other girl's tone, she already had answers. "Not really. I'm just going to the pub with Lanithro. You can join us as long as you don't keep looking at me like I'm gum on the bottom of your shoe." she said, looking Falon in the eyes. She wasn't going to run from her problems. She had made her bed, now she had to lie in it.

Falon scoffed when Lyra replied with what she was doing - and with who. The girl was unbelievable. Falon shook her head. "You move fast don't you." This was not helping her temper, or her want to move past it so she could play properly. But Felix was her twin, she couldn't just ignore Lyra shredding his heart to pieces. She took a deep breath, and knew she just had to come out with it instead of throwing shade at her. "So that's it then? You just going to leave Felix again? No regard to how you've made him feel again? Honestly Lyra, I was so close to actually hitting a bludger at you today - what the hell is wrong with you?" Their friendship had started treading thin lines during their time at Hogwarts, but it was definitely toeing breaking point.

Lyra rolled her eyes at Falon. “Don’t be so dramatic, Falon.” she said with a chill in her voice. Her teammates were probably aware that she was a little more than friends with Lanithro but there was no concrete proof. “Trust me. It’s better for him not to be with me. Everyone I loves ends up dying.” she said, turning back to the mirror to put on some lipstick. “Besides, I didn’t leave him this time. He left me. I told him I loved him and I’d be back after the game. He didn’t wait for me.” Lyra said, her voice getting tight at the end and betraying her true emotions about the subject. The blonde was well aware of how much pain she caused them all. She was toxic and Felix should just stay away from her. She didn’t need Falon to tell her that.

Falon glared at Lyra as she called her dramatic. Right, because breaking someone's heart wasn't worth "drama". And then Lyra had the nerve to say something dramatic as well! "That's the biggest cop-out I've ever heard. Your brother hasn't died - Lanithro, me - or are these just all people you don't love?" Falon asked crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow. "He went! You weren't there! You left some - bulls**t note and the letter and you didn't even say a proper goodbye to him! Or explain anything!" Falon sighed. "You can't expect me to not come at you for this. He's my brother."

Lyra didn't want to listen to Falon. She hadn't ever lost anyone close to her. "Both of my parents are dead. I think that's evidence enough." she said, bitterly. The blonde did note that Falon included herself in people that Lyra loved, so she must not be as angry as Lyra originally thought. Lyra turned around to face the other girl as her face flushed. "I did show up, Falon! Remember how I got hit in the head with the blunger? Coach made me go see a healer after the game and by the time I got to the room, Felix and the letter were gone." Lyra shouted back at her, feeling her own temper rising. She didn't care what Felix had told her because it wasn't the whole story. "Did he tell you about the letter? I don't know what my mother put in it, but it belongs to him. I thought he should have it. You won't make me feel bad about finally doing the right thing and honoring her wishes." she said, her face defiant.

Falon didn't say anything when Lyra mentioned her parents. She couldn't imagine what it was like to have that happen, and it definitely gave Lyra an excuse to be horrible to people, but not to Felix.
Lyra continued and said she did show up. Falon shook her head, not believing her. She'd left a "sorry" note. Falon scoffed and threw her hands in the air. "Honoring her wishes? Did you honestly think that's what she wanted? For you to both be miserable? Because that's not what it said." She took a breath, glaring at Lyra, unsure if she'd ever be able to forgive her for this. "You're pushing Felix away because you're scared of hurting him - well, you've pretty much just killed him yourself." Falon snapped before turning on her heel to leave, so she didn't punch Lyra. She was going to hand in her resignation from the team after tomorrow's game. She couldn't be around the girl anymore.

Lyra put her hands on her hips as she looked at Falon talking about her mother. "How do you know what she wanted? You didn't know her. How do you know what it said?" she said, feeling very defensive. It was her mother's private words to Felix, but Falon had seen them?? Suddenly, Falon's words hit her as soundly as if had been her fist to Lyra's face. Shock and unimaginable pain flashed across Lyra's face. Her mouth tightened as she fought the urge to cry. She didn't want to give Falon that satisfaction. Lyra had never disliked someone as much as she did Falon in that moment. "I didn't ask him to come looking for me at that bar. I wish he never had. I can't say no to him. If I ever see either one of you again, it will be too soon." she screamed at Falon's retreating figure. She couldn't keep the tears in any longer, and they poured down her face. She wrapped her arms around her body as she sank to the floor.

The game would be the next day, and Lanithro was more than ready to guard some goals. He was getting better. Well, better than he was when he first started on the team. After he got ready in his casual clothes, and went over to where Lyra would be. Only, he noticed that Falon was walking away. Weird. Lanithro shook his head before he realized that she came from Lyra's tent. He rushed over to see Lyra on the ground, sobbing. He slid onto the ground and wrapped his arms around her. Considering the whole incident with Falon and Felix. "Shh, Lyra. I'm here." Lanithro hated those two with a passion, considering everything Lyra went through.

Lyra wasn’t sure how much time had passed, but the next thing she knew, familiar arms were wrapped tightly around her, holding her together. It was nothing new for Lanithro. He was always her shelter from her storms and challenges just like he celebrated her successes. He never judged her. The blonde could hear him whispering comforting words as he let her cry. She put her head on his shoulder and just let him hold her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back