OOC First Name
Jamie
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Wand
Curly 15 Inch Flexible Chestnut Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Crystal had been excited in a way for the Yule Ball. It would be her very first and she would have an date, although she wasn't sure how to think of the date she had. She rather went with someone else, so perhaps she didn't had to sign up. But otherwise she wouldn't have dared to asked someone. And it was just company after all. The blonde was nervous to meet with Max. The boy and her had met before the forbidden forest and he seemed to be wanting to be expelled badly and Crystal had no idea why. But she didn't dared to go against him. And she didn't want to let people down so she would just go. She hoped the boy would not think bad of her for the pairing. Crystal walked to the Great Hall and looked inside shy. She saw a lot of people and she got an bit of shaky hands. What would people think of how she looked? She had put on a dress but it seemed boring in comparing to others. Her mother had helped picking it out and it wasn't one from Evelyn's brand but something more fitting to what Crystal liked, she thought she liked at least. As she stood nervously in front of the entrance she waited for Max to show up.

Ever since Max had found out who his blind 'date' would be, he had seriously considered just not showing up. He'd met Crystal at the beginning of the year, when he'd tried to escape Hogwarts through the Forbidden Forest, but that unfortunately hadn't worked out. But he remembered how she'd been quite clingy and annoying, but in an innocent and gullible way, which didn't make it much better. Up until this morning, he'd still been tossing up not going, but in the end decided he would go, if only for the delicious food that would no doubt be there. Finishing buttoning up his suit, he checked his hair one more time before heading over to the Great Hall. If he was going to go, he may as well look the best out of anyone there. He was wearing a black, grey and white suit, which his father had personally picked out for him before coming to Hogwarts, and Max had to admit he knew he looked good in it, and that it suited him perfectly.

As he arrived at the Great Hall, his eyes glanced around the room, taking the sight in. It looked like it had taken a lot of effort, and it looked fine, for the most part, aside from the 'snow', which just looked completely fake. Having grown up around snow, he knew what it properly looked like, and this was definitely not it. Finally he saw Crystal, and sighing a bit, he walked over to her. "Hi." he began, unsure of what to say next. He knew he should be polite, seeing as his father had spent years raising him to be so, but then again, it was Crystal of all people. So he settled on an in between. "Your dress looks... nice." he added, thinking that that compliment was good enough, and knowing Crystal, she'd be gullible enough to think he genuinely meant it. "Where are the snack tables?" he asked absentmindedly, already searching for them. After all they'd been one of the main reasons he'd even decided to come, so he wasn't going to let the opportunity of having some nice food pass him up that easily.

The blonde peaked into the Great Hall with big eyes. As Crystal than suddenly heard an voice close and she looked around quickly spotting Max. In an suit so different than to what she had seen in the forest. She almost didn't dared to look at him, to see the look of how dissapointed he was to be matched with her perhaps. Crystal wasn't very confident he would be jumping about it. '' Hello..'' She than said shy back to greet him. The boy than gave an compliment and finally she dared to look him into the eyes with her own blue eyes and gave an shy smile. '' Thank you.'' Crystal than said in return. And before she could say something back, he asked where the snack tables were. Crystal looked around her trying to search them since Max wanted something to drink or snack it seemed. '' There.. I can get you something if you like?'' She than asked him as she looked back to him.

As Crystal offered to bring him something back from the snacks table, Max turned, already shaking his head. "No, I'll go get it myself, I'm perfectly capable." he said snidely, before backtracking a bit and realising that if he were to get through this night with the girl, he should probably be at least a slight bit more civil. "But you can come too, if you'd like." he added, hoping that would somewhat make up for what he'd said before. Turning around to head over there, he glanced at Crystal to make sure she was following. The lessons his father had told him since he was young about being polite with company or guests were unwillingly creeping back to him, and he sighed, knowing that the years of proper etiquette wouldn't just disappear overnight, as much as he wanted them to.

Not wanting the walk to be in silence though, he turned back to Crystal, deciding he should make some sort of conversation with her. It wasn't her fault she'd gotten paired with him after all. "So, what made you sign up for the blind dates event?" he asked, although he had to force himself to ask in a reasonable tone of voice, and not make it sound too sarcastic and rude.

Crystal wanted to make Max feel comfertable but all she actually wanted was to feel comfertable herself. But Crystal never put herself on the first place easily. She just hoped that people liked her and was afraid they didn't. So she wanted to do anything to make herself likeable. As Max answered back she knew she had said something stupid directly. Ofcourse he could get it himself.. '' I.. know.. I just wanted..'' The white blonde than tried saying as she looked back to the ground. But than he said she could come too, and she sighted out of relief. So she nodded and walked along with Max, trying to avoid looking at people as she walked by. Than in the walk Max spoke to her and she was glad he did, because she felt anything she would say was not the right thing at least for herself. '' Oh.. I wanted to try. My sister is also in Heta Omega and signed up also. I didn't want to go alone. '' Crystal than explained. And was wondering what made Max do the same. '' What about you?'' she than asked back in return. As they arrived at the snack table.

Max had only asked the question about why Crystal had signed up to the blind date event so that they wouldn’t have to walk in silence, but hearing her response made him stop and turn to face her again. “You have a sister??” he couldn’t help but exclaim in surprise. It was no surprise that she did, since most people here would likely have siblings if they were magic, but even so the revelation was unexpected. “What year is she?” He asked, wondering if maybe Crystal had a twin he didn’t know about? He also wondered what house she was in, but didn’t want to seem like he cared too much. Which he didn’t anyway, so he didn’t bother asking.

He then heard Crystal ask what had made him sign up, but he honestly wasn’t sure, so just slightly evaded the question. “Uh, I saw the list and saw a lot of other boys signing up, so I guess I just did too.” He almost added in that he had been expecting to go with someone he hadn’t met before, but decided to hold that thought back. The more time he spent with Crystal, the more he realised that she wasn’t too bad, just a bit oblivious at times. Seeing they’d arrived at the snack table, he glanced around, seeing that there was a lot more food than he’d expected. “What do you think is the best here?” He asked while eating a chocolate log, trying to maintain the conversation with Crystal. As much as he didn’t want to, he felt like the years of drilling politeness into him by his father wouldn’t leave, as much as he wanted it to.

The blonde watched as Max looked her and and seemed suprise she had an sister. Talking about Chrissy she hadn't spot her yet. '' Uh yes I do..'' She than replied back. Was it so strange to have an sister? Crystal wondered, but perhaps Max was only child. She knew nothing of the boy other than that he wanted to be expelled for some reason. '' She's an fourth year.. Gryffindor.'' She than explained. Just like Evelyn and Athena had been and not her. The blonde than figured it was the nicest thing to ask the same question back. That way conversation wasn't so hard. '' Do you have siblings?'' She than asked to Max. Wondering if they were running around here also.

As they stood at the drinks and food table she listened to him explaining why he had signed up for the blind dates. It seemed like he had some kind of same reason as she did, at least she hoped she thought of that the right way. She just nodded at his reply. As he looked at the snacks she noticed a lot of different ones. Hard to choose what to pick. Max asked the question. Crystal didn't thought bad of Max he seemed kind of nice to her now. She had no idea why, but she was pleased with it. Perhaps he didn't thought she was stupid after all. She hoped at least. '' I like cauldron cakes. Last time I saw an chocolate frog it landed on my head, after someone opened it.'' She than explained with an grin, she thought it was kind of funny. It happend in the park with Zachariah and Eugene. As she looked at the crowd she suddenly spotted her sister, she had to look good because she looked so different in a dress. But saw her dancing with another girl. '' There's my sister.'' She than said with an smile and pointed at the dancing crowd to an brunette girl.

Max glanced around the hall in curiosity, wondering whether he could spot Crystal's sister. If she looked anything like her, it shouldn't be too hard, because her basically platinum blonde hair would stand out fairly easily. But he didn't see anyone straight away, so instead turned back to Crystal, who then asked whether he had any siblings. He made a face, but answered anyway. "Yeah, I have a younger sister and a brother, and my sister is coming here next year." Truth be told he wasn't sure what he felt about his sister coming here next year, but at least he was sure that based on her personality, she definitely wouldn't be sorted into Slytherin like him, so that made it slightly better. Not wanting to talk about his siblings any more though, he turned back to the snack table, hoping Crystal would get the hint and not ask about them.

Max couldn't help but crack a small smile as Crystal told him that she preferred cauldron cakes because the last time someone had had a chocolate frog, it had jumped onto her head. It was such a Crystal thing to do, and Max found himself warming up to the girl as each minute passed, although there were definitely still points where he found her a bit gullible and annoying. He was caught a bit off guard as Crystal pointed out her sister, and it took him a while to spot her because she looked so different to what he'd been expecting. "Oh ok." was all he said in response, because it wasn't like he could show her his own siblings. Not that he'd want to anyway. "Um, do you want to go dance?" he asked after a brief pause. He wasn't particularly thrilled about the prospect, but Crystal was being so nice this evening it was making him feel a bit bad that he wasn't trying as hard, which was definitely unusual for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back