OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Ebony Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Griffin Feather
Upon returning to school, Daintree had decided that he would continue his striving to be popular, so he’d gotten his dad to buy some same coloured shirts and a new rugby ball and he’d put up posters around the school advertising a back to school rugby game. It was where he found himself currently. He had used a few brooms from the broom closet to indicate the goals of the ‘pitch’ which he had made up. He had orange and purple shirts, so that people wouldn’t think this was some house rivalry, people could just turn up and they would have a good time. He was wearing an orange shirt and some shorts, it wasn’t really warm enough for shorts, but he knew that once everyone got started they would warm up and he would appreciate the shorts. Daintree hoped people would come along, he wanted mostly third years from his year, but really he’d be happy with anyone coming along. If they could get a good game out of it, that would be good fun.

join a team and once we have a few we can get started:
Orange team
Daintree
Sully
noel
amy

purple team
Eric
kasim
sophie
wendall

Last edited by a moderator:
Eric hadn't really been interested in anything the school had to offer over the last few years. The duelling tournament was the best thing they had, but it kind of sucked. He was still angry about last year, though it had abated slightly now that he had gotten back at Sydney so much. So when Eric saw advertisements for a back to school rugby team, he was actually pretty curious. He'd been on a rugby team before Hogwarts, though he'd had to quit because of fighting. He missed the game, and decided that he could check it out. When he approached the place, though, he noticed who was hosting it. He was also the only one there so far, and Eric scowled. He headed closer, his arms crossed. "Can I join or are you afraid of some real competition Daintree?" He asked the Slytherin, picking up a purple shirt without waiting for an answer. "You better let me play, or look like a coward." He added, really hoping he could bait him into not turning Eric away immediately. He didn't like the Slytherin and knew it was mutual, but he wanted to play.

Sully had been feeling pretty good being back at school. Not that he'd admit it much, but he really did miss his family while he was away, but that feeling usually abated after a week or so back with them. Added on the fact that he couldn't even really talk about magic, let alone do any while he was home, Sully had been itching to get back to school. Seeing a flyer for a rugby game had been just the thing to enthuse Sully even more, and he'd happily made his way down to the lawn, grinning and greeting Daintree with an affectionate shoulder bump. Eric was also there, amazing already up in arms about something. Sully really had to wonder how the dude wasn't tired from being mad all the time. "I reckon we could take him pretty easy, aye," Sully said happily, grabbing an orange shirt to match Daintree. Eric was probably a beast on the field but Sully wasn't sure he trusted him not to turn on his own team if someone got him riled up. And Sully tended to rile people up.

Daintree couldn’t help the slightly surprised cross his features when the first person to turn up with Eric. He hadn’t interacted much with the boy recently, but he knew the boy tended to default to anger and Daintree knew he wasn’t that good a person to be friendly with. Making the wrong sorts of friends was as bad as having no friends. But he knew that an argument on day one would hardly bode well for anyone, and it wasn’t like he’d be on his team. He shook his head at him, "I won’t stop you playing, Eric. Just don't go nuts if you don't win or if someone hits you, it's just a game,” Daintree replied with an almost bored tone at the boy, he might dislike the boy, but Rugby was a contact sport and if he was shown to include everyone if Eric kicked things off, he wouldn’t look anything other than good. He was relieved though when Sully turned up. Someone Daintree liked a whole lot more. He grinned at the other boy, when he grabbed a shirt to match Daintree’s and seemed to indicate that they could take eric. He gave a little nod, ”Yeah, I’m sure we’ll all going to have a lot of fun,” All they needed was a couple more people to join and they’d be good to get started.

Noel was so ready for this. He liked the games and he liked Dainstree a lot and saw him as one of his friends. So ofcourse he would come to what he had put together himself. He walked to the Great Lawn to meet up. And he figured Eric would be there and indeed he was. Noel sighted shortly he and Eric were still not best friends, you could say enemies sometimes as well. Noel smiled to Dainstree and Sully as he saw them and heard them talking. '' Ready to be defeated Eric? I'm with you guys.'' Noel said grinning and went standing with Sully and Dainstree his friends. Noel was just in time to be overhearing them. It seemed that their team was orange. And Eric was still alone. He wondered if people would even want to join him. It would be easy if he was just by himself. But no way that Noel was gonna go in the team with Eric.
'' Cool idea Dainstree. I love games.'' Noel was also ready for this year since Gabriel his cousin had left there was an open spot as chaser in the Quidditch Team. Noel hoped to fill in that position. Or a different one. But he wanted to play badly. Noel took an orange shirt and waited for more to join.

Kas had mostly shown up to watch the rugby game to see some of his peers muck around in the mud for a bit and go back inside, content in being nice and mud-free. Upon arriving and seeing Eric however, Kas suspected things were going to go a lot differently. Kas dithered a few metres away from the other boys on the grass, considering his options. If he went inside now, he wouldn't have to deal with whatever hostility was brewing on the lawn and could stay blissfully unaware. But he'd also have to leave Eric out there 3 on 1, which sucked no matter which way he looked at it. Sighing dramatically, Kas made his way over, picking up a shirt in a frankly offensive shade of purple between his fingers and rolling his eyes at Eric. "If someone tackles me, I'm going to jinx their zits off," He said sourly under his breath, mostly for Eric's benefit.

Sophie was excited to start another year at Hogwarts. She was getting used to all of the magic and was doing fairly well in all of her classes. She wanted to keep this up and so knew she would need to keep her head down if she wanted to do that. As the girl made her way around the school on the first couple of days she noticed a reoccurring sign advertising a friendly game of rugby that anyone could join. This intrigued the girl who hadn't played rugby since before Hogwarts. She used to love the game and missed it very much, and she wasn't too bad at it either. She made her way to the Great Lawn where it was held, finding that she was the only girl to have showed up so far. She shrugged at this, figuring it was more of a boy's sport anyway. "Hey." she said to the younger Slytherin in charge. "We're playing rugby, right? Can I take a purple shirt?" Before he could reply, Sophie took the shirt, putting it over the shirt she was already wearing.

Amy had been walking the school grounds, her nose stuck in a book, when she heard some familiar voices. She looked up and saw a group of people forming, and saw Sully and Daintree standing with them."Hey guys!" she said, heading down to the group."What're you doing?" She saw the different coloured shirts and the ball and grinned."Ooo, rugby! Can I join?" She enjoyed playing non-magical sports almost as much as magical ones. She picked up an orange shirt, and pulled it on over her head.

Wendall was a bit nervous as he left the castle and headed out to the lawn, sticking close to his best friend as they followed the directions of the poster they’d seen around school. The Hufflepuff has been in two minds about whether to join the rugby game. On one hand he knew he was never going to enjoy Quidditch, and he wanted to find another sport that he could have fun with. However it was debatable that rugby was the sport for him. He was hoping that they’d go gently, and he’d be able to dodge out of the way of anything dangerous that threatened to hurt him. Either that or he’d be spending even more time in the hospital wing. “We’ll be on the same team right?” He was asking. With Lysander on his team for once maybe it wouldn’t be so bad. They could look out for each other and pass to him! The small little boy was dressed in his shirt, jeans and long coat, and was instantly regretting in choices. Maybe he should have worn a full set of padding from the sheds instead. Seeing the other students added a layer of doubts to the second year, but he kept his head held high, and knew he had to be careful. He picked up two purple shirts, handing one to the Gryffindor before pulling one of the unsightly things over his head. “We’ll be okay,” he was reassuring Sanders, although deep down he didn’t know if he would come away in one piece.

Lysander was already pretty involved with clubs and sports, but one more wasn't going to hurt. It seemed like a once off kind of thing anyway, and he was happy to play a game with Wendall for a change since he wasn't much of a Qudditch player. Or a flyer. The boy followed his friend out to the lawn, noting that most of the others were slightly older, except for Kasim. He was already sort of familiar with Daintree, and then there was Eric. They hadn't spoken, but he was in his house, and he'd heard enough about him to know he wasn't the friendliest of people. Sander had been about to veer off and join the opposite team when Wendall handed him a purple shirt. "Yeah, of course we'll be on the same team." He smiled. Someone was going to have to protect Wendall from both himself and anyone else who he might accidentally tick off. He patted his friend on the back to give him his own reassurance. "We're definitely going to win. We'll be unstoppable!" He said, more to his friend than any of the others on purple team. "Do we get cool team names or are we just orange and purple?" The boy asked, turning to Daintree since he seemed to be the one in charge of it all.​

Eric scowled as Sully joined Daintree's team, trying his best to ignore his mocking comment. "I won't." He snapped at Daintree when he suggested Eric might snap and 'go nuts'. He was annoyed at the suggestion. His annoyance only grew when Noel joined the group, also joining the other team. Eric sneered. "Oh, weren't you all about fairness Noel? Three against one seem fair to you?" Eric hated hypocrites, and he didn't like how this was going so far. But Kas saved the day by joining him, and Eric gave him a slight smile. "Like you'd let yourself get tackled." He muttered, knowing by now that Kas was pretty good at slipping out of situations he didn't want to be in. Eric scoffed when a girl joined their team, but at least they were no longer so outnumbered. He rolled his eyes when two small kids also joined, but held his tongue. it was better than being alone on the team, and he knew he had to take what he could get. "We're going to win this. I used to play Rugby" He said, mostly aiming it at Kas, the only member of his team he actually liked.

When more people came Noel was glad. That they could actually have a fair game perhaps. And when some hufflepuff boy joined Eric he was a bit glad that he did. So that he didn't had to. Not that he understood why the boy wanted to be with Eric though. But the way that boy spoke was just the right match for Eric. And Noel looked at Sully and Dainstree for a moment and sighted. If he tried to jinx him Noel would not back down to do something back. But he tried to keep his head cool, it was a game. And he was here for the fun. But Eric had to be his annoying self ofcourse. Noel looked at him grinning. '' Oh shut up. More people will come. And I hope for you they want to be in the team with you. Otherwise it's an easy win for us. '' Noel than said calm. And indeed there were more people. Than a blonde girl joined and she also went with the purple team. Now they were even. He smiled at her shortly. And hoped that Eric would act normal to her. Otherwise he was the knight to save her. But that sounded a bit creepy and too much like Liam, he didn't want to be like Liam. Than Amy joined them and he was glad, he had spoken to the girl before. '' Hey Amy. Sure! Nice!'' He than said but was sure that the others would think it was cool too. Nobody said it was only for boys. Now they only needed one more player for them team they were even again. Since two younger people joined in the same team. Noel than turned to Dainstree and Sully. '' So one more player? I'm ready for this.'' He than said with a smile.

Sully grinned when Noël and Amy joined their team, excited with how things were shaping up. It was still impressive how Eric seemed to be able to make everyone so on edge just by being there, though it was more annoying. At the very least it didn't stop some of the younger students joining his side, which was probably for the best. "It's all good, most of their team is younger so it's cool if they have one more," Sully said with a shrug, stretching his arms back behind his head and grinning at Eric's confidence. "I used to play too, aye, it'll be good," He said. He'd seen how some magic kids had been with sports in his previous years and it never failed to baffle Sully how they couldn't know simple things like the rules to sports. But he supposed if he had the choice between regular sports and flying around on a broom he probably wouldn't know how to play footy or whatever either.

Connor had spent most of his first year at Hogwarts hiding, and he fully planned to do the same for the second year. It got a little boring spending most of his time inside though, so Connor had slipped outside, hoping to spend some time by the lake. He was distracted though, by the sight of his brother in a big group of people. Oh no. Was Eric really going to fight all these people?! Kas was there too though, and some other people Connor recognised. He made his way over curiously, close enough to hear they were talking about rugby. Connor had never missed anything as badly as he had missed rugby since coming to Hogwarts. He shuffled over to Eric eagerly, excitement about the game overriding his usual shyness. "Can I play?" Connor asked earnestly, looking up at his brother with bright eyes.

Eric scowled at Noel, rolling his eyes at his words and at how overly nice he was to the new people joining. He wasn't too pleased that his team was just younger kids and a girl, but he knew he could win easily. "Whatever, Sully. I bet you sucked." He taunted the boy. He didn't seem to Eric like he could take anything seriously long enough to win a match of anything. He was surprised when Connor headed over to him, and he grinned at his little brother. "Of course you can." He said, putting a protective arm around him. "My brother is on my team." He announced. Then he looked at the others on his team, looking at each of them in turn except for Kas. "One of you is going to have to switch teams." He said. There was no way he would play against Connor.
( @Lysander Summers @Wendall Layton @Sophie Elliston any of you feel like changing? Feel free to argue if not :r )

Kas wasn't sure he had the patience for all this masculine rugby posturing, but it was kinda fun to watch Eric and the other older Gryffindor's take jabs at each other. "If someone comes at me I'm not gonna have much say in the matter," Kas hissed back, nudging Eric with his shoulder, mostly in an attempt to make Eric stop looking like he might try to murder the opposing time with just his eyes and maybe downgrade to just maiming them. As other students began to show up and join them team, Kas had the distinct realization he could have happily continued on his way without Eric really needing his back up now. Though once Connor showed up Kas wondered if maybe it was for the bet he was here. He would have never guessed Connor to be a rugby fan, but he could easily guess Eric's reaction if someone messed with Connor. Or tried to stop him from joining their team even. "I think by sheer seniority, Eric's our team captain," He added with a shrug at the rest of the purple team, wondering if one of them would easily accept it and switch teams without arguing.

Sophie watched with pursed lips as there was some banter amongst the younger students. She was never one to step in, and so just let it unfold in front of her. However, when the younger Gryffindor turned to her and the other people with the purple shirts, Sophie found herself opening her mouth first. "Yeah, sure! I'll swap." she replied, immediately taking off the purple shirt and retrieving an orange one. She loved doing nice things for people if she thought it was going to help them out, and after all it was only a small game anyway and it didn't really matter what team they were on.

@Eric Holland

Daintree watched as more and more people arrived, he was quite pleased with the turn out. He rolled his eyes a little as Eric boasted about having once played, but it seemed that Sully had played too, "I played before Hogwarts," he said as well. Dain hadn't really played in school, he'd done it as part of the sports that the school did but it wasn't like he had ever specifically taken up rugby. He did like it and had been pretty good at it. The boy thought it was a little silly that someone was asking to not be tackled, "This is a contact sport," he told him. Once it seemed that they had an even amount of players, and a girl a little older had switched from Eric's team to his own, Dain decided they would just get started, "Right, let's get started. I'm Captain of the orange team, Eric is captain of the purple team," Dain said motioning to himself and then Eric. "We'll be scoring down that end, and the purple team down that end. This is rugby, it is a contact sport, try to not injure others too badly, but you may still get tackled to the ground. Since I organised, I'll be starting with the ball. Let's get started," Daintree moved to grab the ball and then to the centre of the pitch he had created with the other objects and jumpers. As soon as it seemed like everyone was in position Dain counted down and then immediately threw the ball to Sully.
OOCOut of Character:
This may be a little tricky to actually run, but let's give it a good shot. Characters can get injured but lets avoid anything serious.

Eric grinned when Kas called him team captain, even though the girl on their team was older. He nodded in appreciation, and then was glad when the girl offered to swap teams. "Awesome." He said with a nod at her. Then the game began, and Eric grinned again when Daintree called him the captain too. He wasn't surprised that the boy decided their team would start with the ball, and noticed he threw the ball at Sully. Eric ran to his roommate, ready to tackle him to get his hands on the ball.

Noel grinned at Sully. Sometimes size of stuff didn't mattered indeed. And he was fine with it, he wanted to win but he more wanted things to be fun. But winning from Eric would be nice. The younger brother of Eric joined and Noel really could not believe that he was family. He was so different. But than again he and Liam were as well. He rolled his eyes on Eric and his comments but decided to just focus on the others now. He smiled as Sophie joined them she seemed nice. '' Welcome Sophie. In the winning team. Good choice.'' He than said with a grin. He listened at Dainstree who was their captain. And Noel was fine with that. When Dainstree started and threw the ball to Sully he stood close beside them and showed he was free and could have the ball in case needed. He saw Eric coming and was ready to help Sully when things came to close.

"Guess we'll find out," Sully said when Eric said he sucked. He didn't want to let it bother him too much, but Sully was definitely going to show Eric a thing or two. There was some team shuffling cause Eric wanted to play with his brother, and Sully made sure to give the new girl on this team a highfive. "Congrats, on joining the winning team," He said with a grin before Daintree got the game started. @Sophie Elliston

Sully swung his arms as Daintree explained the rules, happily taking the pass when Daintree passed the ball back to him. He'd barely made it a few steps before Eric was coming at him and Sully grunted when Eric made contact, just managing to get the ball out and over to Amy. He could see Noel out of the corner of his eye too and hoped he'd back her up so she could make up some distance, since Sully was currently in the dirt. @Amy Jewel

Amy had been watching everything unfold with the teams and everything, a little confused about what was going on. Still, her team seemed like a strong one, so she hoped they could win. She smiled at the girl who had changed teams and welcomed her with the others.

Daintree passed to Sully, and the boy on the other team tackled him, but he managed to pass the ball to her. She caught it and ran, watching out for other players. Noel was behind her, so she passed it to him to give him a go at running. She stayed close behind him though, just incase he needed to pass back. @Noel Waldgrave

Noel was glad to see that their team still got the ball. But as he had been expecting Eric was going to Sully so he gave the ball to Amy. Noel saw Sully going to the ground, but he seemed not that hurt. Noel runned after Amy so he could help her and than the ball came to him and he caught it. He tried not to be distracted and just runned hard and tried to avoid people from the other team. He than looked around to who he could pass and noticed Sophie coming. So he passed the ball to her. @Sophie Elliston

Kas tried to stand further back, near the try line, and groaned as the Orange team made progress. He was half trying to keep an eye on Connor while Eric mucked about tackling guys, but he fervently hoped someone else on his team would do something about the Gryffindor making his way down the field towards to him. Kas was not about to go toe to toe with anyone if he could avoid it, shuffling his feet distastefully on the grass.

Eric felt some victory when he managed to knock Sully to the ground, but unfortunately he didn't get his hands on the ball, which was a shame. He ran to Amy, but she passed to Noel, who passed it to the other girl. If they thought Eric was afraid to tackle a girl, they had it wrong. He ran at her, a frown on his face sa he approached.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back