Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 11 1/2 Inch Unyielding Holly Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
While Tomas enjoyed coming back to the school he also hated it. Exams would soon be upon them again which meant that he would need to spend his spare time in the library studying for the exams. For him to do well, however, Tomas also needed to do well in classes. And to do well, he needed to get to class on time. Running through the corridor towards Defence Against the Dark Arts the boy zigzagged to avoid the students walking in front of him. One student Tomas could not avoid and he bumped right into someone. Falling to the ground, the boy immediately apologised to the person without looking up yet. ''I am so, so sorry.'' He said.

next one will be a lot better, I promise

Phoebe was kind of glad to return to Hogwarts. While she enjoyed spending time with her family, she was starting to feel like being in one house with all of them too long sometimes crowded her. She preferred the open feel of Hogwarts, it gave her more room to do her experiments and learn what she wanted to. It also had the library, a place Phoebe couldn't help loving. The girl was on her way to Defence Against the Dark Arts, wondering what they would learn there today, when someone bumped into her. "Ouch." She hissed, stepping back with a frown. Her frown deepened when she saw who it was, though then it quickly morphed into a smirk as she crossed her arms. "Wow, Tomas. You know I don't have a high opinion of you, but I thought you were at least smart enough to watch where you're going. Are you this clumsy in the air too? I haven't seen your matches." Her tone was dismissive, indicating that she had no desire to see anything he had anything to do with. The girl watched him, not offering him a hand to help him up. She didn't like how Veronica still spent time with this guy, not when she could be spending time with Phoebe instead and do actually interesting things.

Tomas didn't have to look up to know who he had just bumped into and let out a sigh as he stood back up again, listening to what she was saying while doing so. Of all the people he could have bumped into in the corridor, the boy had to bump into perhaps the meanest person at Hogwarts. ''You know what? I take that apology back.'' He told Phoebe. She had a way of getting under his skin and he knew that he would say something he'd most likely regret saying later but nothing he ever said or did was good enough for the girl, so why should he care about what was going to happen later? It was not like they were ever going to friends. ''Wait - you do watch Quidditch then? Huh, I didn't think you would know what having fun was.'' He added. How anyone could have a normal conversation with this girl would forever remain a mystery to him. He certainly did not know why in the world Veronica was still friends with her as she was the most boring person ever, and he definitely wasn't exaggerating.

Phoebe laughed and rolled her eyes. "Oh, you take your apology back? I'm positively crushed." She mocked, smirking. "I have more important things to do than listen to you explain how clumsy you are, you know. I have a Defence lesson to get to, and unlike you I actually care about learning stuff." She had decided early on that Tomas was not very smart, especially not smart enough for Veronica. "And I only watch Quidditch when I feel like it. If you think that's the only way to have fun, I weep for your lack of creativity." She told him as she started to walk again. She knew Tomas was probably heading to the same class she was, so she didn't expect their conversation to end there. "You really should try to create your own fun, rather than relying on some stupid sport."

Tomas figured she would do this, roll her eyes and mock him because that was what she usually did. ''That's funny because I haven't even started talking about how clumsy I really am.'' He replied, grinning. ''But perhaps I should because you keep reminding me of the fact that I am indeed really clumsy.'' He added, hoping that the comment would annoy her. He didn't know why she was acting as if he was the stupidest person in the room every time the two of them were together - she'd done so ever since that day on the train. Besides, his grades weren't all that bad, they had actually improved over the years. ''I knew that you were a really boring person! What is it that you do for fun again? Spending all day in the library reading some boring arse book about the history of trolls? Oh, no, wait... it's hospitalizing our friend, I almost forgot.'' the Gryffindor said as he followed her to the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom.

Phoebe rolled her eyes dismissively at Tomas' comeback. It almost didn't warrant a response, but she couldn't really help herself. "If you developed any more interesting personality traits, I might talk to you about those." She said with a flick of her hair. His comment about her mad her her laugh derisively. He really had no idea who she was at all! But the comment about Veronica stung, and she turned to him as they walked. "You have no idea what you're talking about. I don't sit around and read all day. I have a lot of cool and interesting plans you don't know anything about. You wouldn't be able to understand them anyway." She said haughtily. "I've been in the forest multiple times! I doubt you can say the same. Also, Veronica and I both got in the hospital wing and it wasn't just my fault. And she's fine. When you're learning and experiencing new things, sometimes risks are involved. Not that you would understand that." She gave him a glare from the corner of her eye. "As you apparently think Quidditch is the most exciting thing you can do at this school." She didn't even hate Quidditch, but the things she thought of were definitely more fun than that. She had a lot of plans to do, but she needed to finetune a lot of them to avoid getting caught breaking rules. Her mother wouldn't be happy if she did that now.

He snorted when she said that he wouldn't be able to understand her 'cool and interesting plans'. He had heard of her ideas from Veronica and didn't think they sounded that cool or interesting at all, but then again, he wouldn't be able to understand them anyway so didn't think it would be worthy of a comment. ''I've been chased by bludgers, somehow I think that trumps being in the forest on the what-is-more-exciting scale.'' Tomas knew that his comment earlier about Phoebe hospitalizing their mutual friend wouldn't sit well with the Ravenclaw and was somewhat happy that it had gotten a reaction out of her, however, her replied angered him. ''You knew the risks when you convinced Veronica to brew that stupid potion with you. So yes, excuse me if I blame you for injuring her. And you weren't ''experimenting'' back then, you were being impatient.'' Although it had happened a couple of years ago, he still held it against the girl for hurting their friend. How could she have been reckless? He didn't think that Quidditch was the most exciting thing they could do at school (that would be sneaking out of the common room at midnight for sure, which he had done plenty of times) but since he did not grow up with the sport, thought that it was definitely high up on the list of exciting things they could do here. ''Well, tell me what the most exciting thing a person can do at this school is then if it isn't Quidditch. I'm happy to hear what you think is the most exciting thing.'' He said.

Phoebe tried her best to walk a little faster than Tomas, as that would prove she was better than him at that too, but it wasn't easy when he seemed to have longer legs. She rolled her eyes. "Bludgers are predictable. They're magical objects that are enchanted and regulated by teachers. I don't think that's very exciting." She said dryly. "But if it gives you a sense of importance, I'm happy for you." She frowned when he continued to talk about what happened two years ago with Veronica. Why was he so hung up over it? "Veronica can think for herself. She wanted to help, and she did. She's not stupid or naive, and she can make her down decisions." She snapped at him. "What business is it of yours, anyway? Just because you're her friend, doesn't mean you have to be her bodyguard too. And if you're going to be upset about bad things that happened to her years ago forever, you're always going to be in a bad mood." She said dismissively. "It happened. She's fine now. Move on." They were approaching the classroom, and it looked like they might still be on time. Phoebe glared at Tomas from the corner of her eye. "There's plenty of exciting and interesting things you can do at the school that isn't Quidditch. Like exploring what's inside the lake with a bubble-head charm, or finding rare ingredients on the grounds. Or experimenting with spells to find their limits and see if you can adapt them to other uses than the ones they were designed for." She said quickly. To her annoyance, she could feel herself trying to impress him despite her intentions not to care about his opinion. "Like, if you shrink an object, does it become less heavy too? Or does it just appear smaller but with the same amount of matter in it and thus the same amount of weight? Or is it lighter because it is smaller? That's the sort of thing I'm interested in finding out." She had more she wanted to say, but she knew it wasn't all smart to say out loud. She would love to experiment more with potions ingredients and see if she could make her own potion, or her own spell. But saying that out loud to someone she didn't trust would be unwise. Not to mention saying these things within earshot of Professor Styx, which they were approaching.

He rolled his eyes when she told him that bludgers were predictable. Sure the professors had all control over them, though that did not make a surprise bludger feel any less painful. For the briefest moment, the Gryffindor was afraid that Phoebe would find out about his crush on their mutual friend so decided that he would no longer talk about what happened two years ago, as he did not want to risk the girl telling Veronica about his newfound feelings for her. Instead, Tomas listened to her as she told him about all the exciting and interesting things one could do at the school apart from his favourite sport. He actually did think that some of these things were quite interesting and would love for to explore the inside of the lake, though would not admit to Phoebe that he agreed with her. Perhaps he could keep the two Ravenclaw company the next time they were going to experiment - just to see if it was indeed interesting, of course. ''I'll stick with Quidditch, for now, if you don't mind,'' he told the girl and did not say a word after that until they reached the classroom, wondering what kind of creatures would be swimming deep down inside the lake. He turned his head to her again when they reached the classroom at last. ''Well, are you ready to learn something interesting today?'' Tomas asked sarcastically and then walked into the classroom after Phoebe.

Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back