Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Minnie)
Wand
Vine Wand 12 3/4" Dragon Heartstring Core
It had seemed ages since Eric had talked to Kas, though that was probably partially because of the recent holidays. Eric didn't have many friends, at all, but if he counted anyone as a friend besides Nova, it was Kas. He almost forgot the boy was in the year below him. He was alright, and not childish at all. It was hard to believe he was the same age as Connor. Eric had been sharing a bag of sweets with the Hufflepuff, and grabbed it back from him to take a handful for himself. "So... did you do anything cool this break?" He asked him, glancing at him sideways. "I haven't really, spending time with my brother gets boring after a while."

Kas took his time picking through the bag of lollies Eric had brought, making an effort to avoid any orange flavoured ones. He was definitely not above bribery, but he didn't need much excuse to hang out with Eric if he asked, even if it meant ending up somewhere 'technically' out of bounds. Kas snorted at Eric's question about the holidays, shaking his head and flopping down on his back when Eric took the bag back. "Nah, after the crap Lysander and I tried to pull at the end of last year my mum was watching me like a hawk," He said, stretching his arms out above his head and trying to not worry too much about getting grass in his hair. "Just me, a bunch of pet snakes, and the vague sense of disapproval that lurks around our house," Kas lamented. "At least Connor's pretty interesting to mess with," He said, staring up at the sky above them and blinking a few times to watch the imprint of the clouds on his eyelids. "I swear Freya and I nearly broke him with the beetles thing over Valentine's," Kas said, rolling his eyes even if he quietly found the whole thing pretty funny. Though it had definitely taken him far longer than he wanted to talk Connor down.

Eric stuffed some sweets into his mouth as he listened to Kas. He snorted as he mentioned the stuff he'd gotten up to with Lysander. "Who tries to break out a plant anyway." He muttered, rolling his eyes. He knew Lysander vaguely, and didn't have a high opinion of the boy. He reminded Eric of Noel, always wanting to be a hero. "How many pet snakes do you.. have?" Eric asked him, curious as he glanced at the other boy. He shrugged as Kas said Connor was fun to mess with. It was true sometimes, but most of the time he felt bad quickly, Connor always cried. Eric was digging around in the bag for more of the best flavor, strawberry, when he froze at Kas' next words. He frowned, tense. "What beetles thing?" He asked, his voice quiet.

"Look, any being that can throw parties is sentient enough to deserve freedom," Kas said flippantly, groping blindly for the bag of lollies, annoyed when he realized Eric had it again. "My parents have like seven," He said, frowning at the thought. "They have a.. Thing. About snakes," He said, shrugging but deciding to leave it at that. Kas wasn't exactly wanting to keep the whole parselmouth thing a big secret or anything, but he didn't need to go around advertising it if he didn't need to.

Kas wasn't looking at Eric when he asked about the beetles with Connor, but Kas instinctually recognized the tone of voice. It was the same tight, quiet way his mother would speak in right before he said something incriminating. Tilting his neck to look at Eric, Kas blinked, wondering if Eric maybe had a thing about beetles. "Freya sent him a note on Valentine's to mess with him. Something about putting lizards or beetles his bed. It was pretty funny," He said, twirling a hand in the air flippantly. "He got over it though. Eventually,"

Eric snorted at Kas' words. "They're plants." He repeated, though he could only imagine how Connor would have reacted to the mandrakes being cut up. Though the mandrakes themselves probably also terrified his brother. He hadn't asked how his brother had found Herbology last semester, and he wouldn't. But he could still wonder. "A thing." He repeated, frowning. "That's weird. My mum won't even let us have a dog." He complained.

But Eric was tense on the subject of his brother, and he grit his teeth. "Freya? Girl in your year?" He asked, voice rising. "That's funny to her? And you?" He asked, grabbing his wrist so he'd look at him. "Eventually?" He added in a dangerous voice. "Why the f**** are you bullying my brother with some girl?" He snapped at him. "I could show you something you'll get over eventually." He said dangerously. He could easily imagine how upset Connor would get over something so stupid, though the subject of insects in someone's bed was now also more of a sore subject with Eric himself.

Kas rolled his eyes, smiling when Eric went on about the mandrakes. And the snakes. It was a stupid plan, but Kas stood by it. If only because it made for a funny story. "It's very weird," Kas said earnestly, trying to shove away the mental image of snakes watching him around the house.

Kas sat up a bit more when he heard the way Eric said Freya's name, suddenly feeling like he had inadvertently thrown her under the proverbial bus. "Look, she's-" Kas started, faltering when Eric grabbed his wrist. "Dude," He said slowly, trying to pointedly tug his wrist out of Eric's grip. He was hurt and angry that Eric apparently thought he and Freya would mess with Connor just to be mean, and though he would never say it, a little scared that Eric might actually hurt him. "First of all, Connor's not some fragile little baby who'll break if someone laughs at him. He's your brother, give him some damn credit," He said, his voice clipped. "Second of all, it was a joke and he's our friend. I'm not bullying him any more than I'm bullying you right now by calling you an assh*le," He said angrily, staring Eric down even though the little voice in the back of his head told him to shut up because he was too pretty to have a black eye.

Eric glared at Kas, shaking his head. He could tell the boy was hurt, but well... Connor had probably been more hurt. He scoffed when Kas said Connor wasn't a fragile little baby. "No one likes being laughed at, Kas." He snapped. "And you just said you nearly broke him. Don't take it back now because I'm pissed." He shot at him. He scowled and shoved Kas' shoulder as he called him a name. "You can't bully me because I can knock you out if I have to. Connor is a different story." He said dangerously, leaning closer. "Be nice to him, or at least not actively a d*ck just because he's gullible. As difficult as that might be for you." He snapped at him angrily.

Kas had always known Eric was volatile. It was half of why he was so interesting to be around. Kas had always just assumed his clear loyalty to Eric protected him from any rash outbursts. Something he'd clearly miscalculated. "He was fine," Kas hissed as Eric, feeling more angry than hurt now as Eric continued accusing him of things. "It's a figure of speech, Eric-" Kas started, cut off as Eric shoved at him, letting himself drop back down to his elbows more out of incredulity than any real force, though Kas had not doubt Eric could follow through on his threats. "He's my friend, just like I thought you were. I guess maybe my judgement's not as good as I thought if that's what you think of me," He said stiffly, moving to get to his feet. "You and your brother are perfectly safe from me. I think I've had my full of Hollands, thanks," Kas said coldly, the hurt and anger forming into something small and crystalline in his chest.

Eric growled at Kas. "You don't know that he was fine. You don't even care!" He yelled back at him. "You just do what you want." He said, glaring at him. It was something about Kas he had always liked, but not when it was turned against his brother. He snorted as Kas said Connor was his friend, shaking his head. "He doesn't need a friend like you." He spat at him. "And neither do I." He added, getting to his feet as well. "Yeah, go and run away once things get though, Kas." He said mockingly. "Might break a nail if I push you again." He added with a roll of his eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back