Wand
Polished 9 1/2 Inch Swishy Dogwood Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
VERONICA WILLOWS
9IfxZYr.png

[Veronica Ivy Willows]

11 December 2031
Auckland, New Zealand

[Short | Inspired | Has Big Plans]

Spending her time pulling things apart and working out how to put them back together again.</FONT></COLOR>
Likes checking grammar; eating ice-cream; being a face-painted, screaming spectator at sports matches.​
Dislikes sleeping in strange places, and being underestimated due to her shortness.​
[Strengths] Her motivation for her studies and projects.
[Weaknesses] Her tendency to do too much for people who don't return the favour.
[Hopes] That one day she'll create something important for the world.
[Fears] That the nightmares will never stop; being outside in the middle of a strong wind.
Due to its length, Veronica often ties or clips her hair out of her face - unless she's too engaged with a project to notice it [Hair]
Highly expressive, her brown eyes reveal the depth of her emotion and feelings, even if her words do not [Eyes]
Veronica is quite short for her age, and has her head permanently tilted upwards when talking to those around her [Build]
Her own clothes often tend to be mismatched, as Veronica only pays attention to trying to keep her school robes neat and tidy [Style]
[THE CLOCKWORK GIRL]
And she's bent over a workbench, messy hair, greasy hands, the sound of violins in her ears.
When by herself, Veronica often becomes completely caught up in whatever project she is currently working on, whether this is putting some kind of machine back together, drawing up a new kind of invention, or trying to memorise entire Shakespeare scripts at a time. However, her attention and focus is easily shifted, and she'll happily talk to just about anyone, explaining all her ideas and thoughts and asking their opinions at a highly rapid pace. Her brain often thinks faster than she can speak, so her descriptions can be rambling, disjointed or just plain confusing.

Veronica is happiest when discussing ideas and plans with like-minded people, yet enjoys the company of most people. Although slow to offer more in-depth personal information about herself, she loves to find out what things other people are passionate about and enjoys helping them out with things. She is often embarrassed by praise and thanks, yet is saddened when people don't seem to care about the effort she went to in order to make something special or helpful for them.

However, Veronica meets most of her life with a can-do attitude, and has the ability to stay motivated and keep pushing through her workload even under the stress and pressures of time and other kinds of conflict. Depending on the project, she will either pour all her energy into every little detail, or sail through it in order to move on to the next thing that has caught her attention. Mechanically-minded, she can often be found making little things and can sometimes be so wrapped up in what she is doing that she will forget, or refuse, to do anything else until she has finished.​
aX9xBKF.png
wCoriS2.png
8ibjIdQ.png
ckD2H4d.png
Qk0miaf.png
XPCBB7Y.png
M0aq7wh.jpg
C14LGn4.png
ENFP | The Campaigner
doesn't hesitate to step out of their comfort zone when they want to experience new things · goes to great lengths to be selfless, caring and supportive · excited about findings of projects, will share them with anyone who'll listen · adaptable and spontaneous · it's not uncommon for them to lose a bit of sleep asking themselves why someone did what they did, what it might mean, and what to do about it · loathe being micromanaged and restrained · need to feel like they're pushing boundaries and exploring ideas constantly​
<i>
</i>
OBLIVIOUS · · [·] · · | · · · · · PERCEPTIVE
SHAMEFUL · · · [·] · | · · · · · SHAMELESS
DULL · · · · · | · · · · [·] CREATIVE
COLD · · · · · | [·] · · · · AFFECTIONATE
LAZY · · · · · | · · [·] · · DISCIPLINED
PASSIVE · · [·] · · | · · · · · AGGRESSIVE
ILLITERATE · · · · · | · · · [·] · INTELLECTUAL
INTROVERT · · · · [·] | · · · · · EXTROVERT
DROP-OUT · · · · · | · · [·] · · VALEDICTORIAN
CHASTE · · [·] · · | · · · · · FLIRT
WEAK-MINDED · · · · [·] | · · · · · STRONG-MINDED
CONSISTENT · · · · · | · · [·] · · ERRATIC
MODEST [·] · · · · | · · · · · ARROGANT
GROUNDED · · · · · | [·] · · · · DISPERSE
SINNER · · · · · | · · · [·] · SAINT
ISOLATED · · · · · | · · [·] · · FRIENDLY
STONE-FACED · · · · · | [·] · · · · JOKER
DISLOYAL · · · · · | · · · · [·] DEPENDABLE
UNLIKEABLE · · · · · | · · · [·] · LIKEABLE
UNKEMPT · · · · [·] | · · · · · METICULOUS
[WILLOWS & MCBRIDE]
If you can't hear any noise, they're not home.

<COLOR color="#000">Veronica grew up with one foot in both the muggle and wizarding worlds, the eldest daughter of Derek and Kathleen Willows, with two younger twin brothers named Evan and Ethan. Due to their overwhelming similarity at such a young age, Veronica calls them both 'E.' The house is usually noisy and messy, with paper piled on every surface and objects littered everywhere. No one is too concerned about this, as long as most of the grease stays in the garage... or at least away from the paper.

Derek is a muggle from a family of generally quite sensible and hard-working administration and office workers, who look upon Derek's decision to fix cars for a living with fond bemusement. Although they were initially unsure of his decision to marry Kathleen, a loud Scotswoman who works in 'research' (although what kind of research they just can't quite say for sure), they have since become almost as enamoured with the woman and their subsequent children as Derek is. None of them, of course, know that Kathleen and the children are witches and wizards, and while keeping the secret can be a little stressful in times of the twins hijinks, it doesn't tend to cause too much disruption. Veronica has only met her wizarding family in Scotland twice, but loves the fact that they all just as messy and loud as her mother is.

A lot of Veronica's hobbies and interests are a direct result of what she finds her parents doing. From a young age she spent much of her time in her father's work garage, 'helping' him fix the cars, or with other little odd jobs. Her thirst for knowledge and interest in study is all from her mother, however, and she will often read any book she can find in the house no matter what it is about. As such, she deeply admires both of her parents and is often inspired and motivated in her work by the thought of their interest in what she is doing. As her brothers are five years younger, and have each other to bother, Veronica doesn't spend a lot of her time with them, due to the twins' tendency to break anything they come into contact with, and the fact that Veronica herself is keen on spouting out an endless stream of information that Evan and Ethan can't be bothered sitting around listening to.​
<i>
</i>
<FONT font="Georgia">Credits: Jung type and description from here. Trait sliders adapted from here.

IN ACTION

[CURRENTLY]
I'm glad I'm able to participate in my classes fully once again.
</FONT></COLOR>
Veronica is halfway through her third year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and thankful that things with her health seem to be going much more smoothly this semester. She threw herself into her studies as usual, working hard to make sure she put her best effort into her classes - particularly in Ancient Runes, where she surprised her professor and classmates by building and charming a small boxed stage and mechanical figures as part of her research project. Veronica ended up embarrassed by how much she had gone above and beyond what had been expected of her, but was pleased that the professor seemed to receive the presentation favourably. Socially, she kept mostly to herself as usual, but always made time for her friends whenever they needed it.​
<COLOR color="#000">
uFwqrcc.gif

2045 | Y30
<FONT font="Georgia"></SIZE>
[THIRD YEAR OF SCHOOL]
<i>
</i>
I have a lot of work to do to make up for my failings last year.
<i></i>

[IMPORTANT THREADS]<SIZE size="50">

[BEST FRIENDS]
[ul][li][Tomas Wode] Here We Are Again[/li][/ul]
[FRIENDS]
[ul][li][Stella Wright] Defying Gravity</LI><LI>[li][Sara Benivieni] Branching Out[/li][/ul]
[ACQUAINTANCES]
[ul][li][Athena Rey-Martinez] New Year, Same Goals[/li][/ul]
[MISCELLANEOUS]

The Stands: Ravenclaw vs. Hufflepuff (Game #2) | This Always Happens

IN THE PAST
dcf49k3.png

2031-43
</FONT></COLOR>
[CHILDHOOD]
How can you not be excited by all the knowledge the world has to offer?
Veronica Ivy Willows was born at 11:21am on Thursday, the 11th of December. Overdue by a week, Kathleen was thoroughly fed up with being pregnant and just wanted her child to be out of her body already - she certainly wasn't sleeping through the night with the equivalent of a beach ball attached to her front anyway, so she figured she may as well get to the endless nights of crying and feeding already. She and Derek had decided to keep it a surprise as to whether they were having a girl or a boy, and once Kathleen finally went into labour she practically marched her husband out the door and off to the nearest hospital. Although the last few months had been spent debating which of their preferred names would end up being their final choice, they agreed that Veronica fit the small and seemingly contemplative baby girl best.

Before she was old enough to get around on her own Veronica spent a lot of her time looking at her surroundings, and always fixated on the new and the exciting with bright shining eyes. Items that she took a particular liking to never failed to find their way into her cot, and once she began to walk there wasn't any low-reaching item that was safe from her grasp. She enjoyed being in the company of her parents, and quite soon began to find her way out into her father's workshed where he taught her his love of gears and machines - and she adopted it whole-heartedly.

The more she grew, the more she immersed herself in both the academic minset of her mother and the practicality of her father, spending almost every waking minute of her life in the pursuit of knowledge, eager to understand the world around her and how she could perhaps shape it to become a better place. Her idealism and enthusiasm was either extremely catching or extremely annoying, depending on the individual, and so she tended to have more casual than close friends at her muggle school, leaving her slightly uncertain of herself in social situations. Another reoccurring problem that made itself apparent was that of a nightmare, which began early on in Veronica's childhood. Only ever the one, it made sleeping in new places hard for the young girl and she soon got used to spending time reading or working quietly in her room on various projects on the nights she was awoken.​
[ACQUAINTANCES]
[ul][li][Tomas Wode] Finding Something Today (2043)[/li][/ul]
4MFV7wH.gif

2043-44 | Y28
</I></SIZE>
[FIRST YEAR OF SCHOOL]
<i>
</i>
There are so many wonderful things to learn here.
Veronica eagerly anticipated her approaching time at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and upon her arrival always seemed to enjoy every minute of every day. The nights, however, were a different story, as her slow adjustment to sleeping in a strange place brought about more frequent nightmares than she had become used to in recent years. Veronica spent several nights at the school awake, unable to return to slumber after waking from a nightmare. She distracted herself during these hours both with her studies (which certainly contributed to her high grades throughout the year), and with after-hours visits to the Owlery to meet with her friend Tomas Wode - a rule-breaking act that always made her anxiety levels soar. Though the number of friends she made were small, Veronica cherishes them highly - particularly Phoebe Holland, whose matching intelligence and curiousity were apparent to Veronica from the moment they met.

[IMPORTANT THREADS]

[BEST FRIENDS]
[ul][li][Phoebe Holland] Three's a Crowd | Great Thinkers | Becoming the Usual Thing[/li][/ul]
[FRIENDS]
[ul][li][Tomas Wode] Three's a Crowd | Perchance | Becoming the Usual Thing[/li][/ul]
[ACQUAINTANCES]
[ul][li][Elizabeth Chatwin] Great Thinkers | Why Are There So Many Rooms?</LI>[li][Leila Walden] Why Are There So Many Rooms?[li][Caelen Maxwell] It's Not Surprising That This Happened[li][Sophie Wilson] Great Thinkers[/li][/ul]
[MISCELLANEOUS]

I Could Have Been More Prepared | Take Suggestion as a Cat Laps Milk | Ravenclaw House Meeting | The Stands: Ravenclaw vs. Gryffindor (Game 5)
ClRmWU9.gif

2044-45 | Y29
</SIZE>
[SECOND YEAR OF SCHOOL]
<i>
</i>
<I>I'm so looking forward to all the new things I'll learn.
Although Veronica threw herself into her studies during her second year with as much enthusiasm as she had done during the previous year, she also found herself in a predicament with her best friend Phoebe Holland just before the Christmas holidays - they were found attempting to brew a potion by themselves before they had even taken the second year course. Veronica was ashamed of her actions, feeling as though she had let her professors and other authority figures down, as well as guilt over the fact that she (in her mind) caused the potion failure in the first place. Although she wanted to use the second half of the year to get back into the school's good graces, an unfortunate combination of consequential anxiety and stress heightened her nightmares. The severe lack of sleep, in addition to contracting a relatively nasty virus, caused Veronica to become quite sick over the remainder of the semester, meaning she was unable to complete her studies to anywhere near a satisfactory degree. It was an end to her terrible year that made her absolutely miserable.​
[IMPORTANT THREADS]

[BEST FRIENDS]
[ul][li][Phoebe Holland] Enter in Anticipation | The Water's Coming in Fast | Dragged to Shore[/li][/ul]
[ACQUAINTANCES]
[ul][li][Sara Benivieni] You've Got to Start Somewhere[li][Stella Wright] If We Believed in That Sort of Thing[li][Athena Rey-Martinez] Taking Advantage[li][Liam Waldgrave] Aiming Skyward[li][Rose Holland] Enter in Anticipation<LI>[li][Diana Holland] Enter in Anticipation[/li][/ul]
[MISCELLANEOUS]

The Stands: Ravenclaw vs. Gryffindor (Game 1)
<COLOR color="#000"><FONT font="Georgia">First Year<SIZE size="50">

U0baxMH.png

Thank you Daphne!
Second Year<SIZE size="50">

xUwqX4A.png

Thank you Daphne!

CURRICULUM VITAE
</COLOR></FONT>
[DOGWOOD & FWOOPER FEATHER CORE]
Polished, 9 1/2 Inches, Swishy.
Upon receiving her letter from Hogwarts, Veronica began thinking in earnest upon which wand would be most appropriate for her - and more importantly, would be appropriate for use in her future projects. It was important to her that her eventual wand work in tandem with the magic she wanted from it, and she waited on her visit to Ollivander's with ever-present anxiety. Despite knowing that 'the wand chooses the wizard' (or witch, as the case happened to be), Veronica was unable to completely trust the saying seeing as she had never gone through the process of buying a wand before. Her time at the store was fraught with concern and apologies to the clerk each time a wand didn't manage to work for her, but quickly enough she was matched with the one for her - signalled by the loud pealing of bells emitting from the end of the wand.​
<i>
</i>
[WOOD] DOGWOOD</COLOR></FONT>
Dogwood wands are mischievous, and like the same in those who wield them. They refuse to perform non-verbal magic (and are often quite loud), and look for fun and excitement. However, in the right hands a wand with this wood should not be underestimated.
As soon as he had received her wand, Veronica wanted to know all about the elements that made it up - both interested to know what they might say about her, and to discover what magic it may help or hinder her with in future. Reading up about dogwood wands surprised her, and she initially felt that the wood may have been more suited to one of her younger brothers - however, the spectacularly loud bang her latest invention idea resulted in soon provided some modicum of reasoning to cling to. Veronica was pleased to think that her wand might be just as interested in creating new and exciting ways to help the world as she was.​

[tr][td][CORE] FWOOPER FEATHER
Fwooper feathers make wands that are great for use in Charms and Care of Magical Creatures classes. The wand caster should be warned that they will likely have trouble casting the silencing spell though. If rumors about this wand core are to be believed, it is said to slowly drive the wand wielder mad.
Another curious aspect of the the wand was its inclination towards noise rather than silence - something that Veronica considered a strange match for her personality. She soon stopped reading up on her wand characteristics altogether once she reached mention of the rumour, however, and has since decided that she will be happy with her wand for what it is - a tool that will help build her machines.​

[/td][/tr][tr][td][STYLE] POLISHED
Veronica's wand is straight, and altogether rather plain-looking with no extra carvings or embellishments. However, like all of her tools, Veronica takes great pride in treating her wand with the respect it deserves, and always makes sure she takes good care of it, cleaning and storing it away safely when it's not in use.​
<i>
</i>[/td][/tr][tr][td][LENGTH] 9 1/2 INCHES
Veronica's wand lies on the shorter side, a fact that is not surprising considering her own short stature. The length provides her with greater control over her wand movements, an aspect that may help contribute to the success of her spell-work. Ultimately however, she just enjoys the ease with which the wand fits in her hand, not having to worry about its unweildyness when she needs to be concentrating on other things.​
<i>
</i>[/td][/tr][tr][td][FLEXIBILITY] SWISHY
The particular piece of dogwood that Veronica's wand was crafted from is curious in that it is seemingly of a more rigid flexibility at first glance, and yet upon closer examination is not really quite so at all, a feature that made the wand easy to shape. Veronica is similarly easily swayed, despite her concerns continuing to voice her true opinion on the matter.​
<i>
</i>[/td][/tr]

tDONMlm.png

</FONT>
[HOGWARTS NEW ZEALAND]
But I don't understand why people don't like school?
Veronica is highly excited and enthusiastic about going off to wizarding school, and can't wait to learn more about anything and everything. However, she is also worried about several things that will result from this change in her schooling, namely the fact that she'll be missing out on learning cool muggle subjects like maths and science, and the fact that she hates sleeping in strange places due to a recurring nightmare she has. She tries not to think about this latter worry too much though as, apart from foregoing attendance at Hogwarts altogether, there's not much she can do about it.

Veronica was sorted into Ravenclaw, a process that was very quick to her utmost relief. Although she would have been happy with any house she may have ended up in, she knew that the house of the eagles was more likely to be the one for her being as that was the house her mother was placed in, and is pleased that she will be surrounded by people who share her enthusiasm for knowledge and discovery.

Favoured Academic Discipline:
[ul][li] Veronica loves discovering how things work, and what practical applications they can be used for. Therefore she is more prone to enjoying classes that involve a lot of theory about practical things, such as Potions, Transfiguration and Charms - whether or not her explorations into the theory are actually the set work.</LI><LI>[li]Her personal interests also lend towards a love of History of Magic and Astronomy, although this can change on the day depending on whether she already knows the subject matter or not.[/li][/ul]Magical Skills:
[ul][li] Although Veronica could perhaps be skilled at anything she took the time to truly focus on, she often only uses her magic to supplement projects or ideas she's working on. This makes her more of a jack of all trades as needs require, and subsequently, of course, master of none.[/li][/ul]​
[FIRST YEAR]
Astronomy · O · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6
Having been obsessed with space and the stars for years of her childhood, Veronica was looking forward to her Astronomy lessons with extreme excitement. Although she ended up slightly disappointed at only learning the basics her year level required - material her many books had already far surpassed - Veronica enjoyed being able to write essays for the professor that were derived from her own thoughts on magical astronomy. The stargazing lesson was particularly special for her as well, due to never having owned her own telescope.​
<i>
</i>
Charms · O · 1 · 2 (A) (:cool: · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6
Spurred on by her usual thirst for knowledge about anything and everything, Veronica was particularly interested in learning specific spells during her Charms lessons - anything that would be able to help her further develop and build machines she invariably continued thinking of ideas for. Her intended future use for each charm always lay on the side of practicality and usefulness, and she poured over the assigned reading and books further afield to learn everything she possibly could about the extent to which each spell could help her.​
<i>
</i>
Defence Against the Dark Arts · O · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6
Veronica quickly found that, unlike what she had previously believed, not every subject in the world was one she wanted to learn more about. Her dislike for Defence stemmed from not only the dark setting of the classroom and the scary face of the professor within it, but mainly from the discomfort she felt hearing anything about the existence of the Dark Arts. With the material causing her to be less enthusiastic about attending lessons, Veronica pushed herself through the subject - only doing just enough (in her eyes) to hopefully satisfy the professor that she was taking her academic study seriously.​
<i>
</i>
Flying · A · 2 (A) (:cool: · 3 (A) (:cool:
Although Veronica always enjoyed listening to Quidditch games on the wizarding wireless, she had never been to one and thus had never really experienced the act of flight for herself. During the first couple of lessons her enthusiasm had rivalled just about anyone's in the class - until it came time for her to truly enter the higher air space that flying required. It was not the height of her position that unsettled Veronica, but the wind that rushed through her ears and battered her face as she flew, and she spent the rest of the lessons in utter misery as she forced herself to complete the tasks her professor expected of them.​
<i>
</i>
Herbology · E · 1 · 2 · 6
As with most of her classes, Veronica was excited to learn anything the subject of Herbology wanted to teach her, and applied herself with the usual enthusiasm to the theoretical side of the class. It was the practical side that she found herself struggling with, however, as her mechanically-minded brain and hands were never quite able to care for plants in the same way that other students seemed able to do without thinking. Instead she always worried over every single little detail, irrationally afraid of killing the plants placed under her care.​
<i>
</i>
History of Magic · O · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6
Having spent much of her life thus far glued to history books, it was unsurprising that the subject quickly became one of Veronica's favourites. With the balance between familiar and unfamiliar material much more equal, she often found herself heading straight for the library after a lesson had finished, eager to begin writing her essays or just discover the answers to a myriad of questions that had arisen during the professor's lecture.​
<i>
</i>
Potions · O · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6
Veronica studied for and paid attention to her Potions classes quite happily, readily accepting the fact that they weren't to be brewing any proper potions just yet. Instead she devoted her time to learning as much about the selected ingredients as possible, as well as others that hadn't been mentioned so specifically. She particularly enjoyed the lesson where she got to create her own concoction, although the slight admonishment she received from her professor due to its tone of serious invention caused her to feel suitably chastised for doing the assignment 'wrong.'​
<i>
</i>
Transfiguration · O · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6
The class that arguably most interested Veronica due to the depth of its theoretical background, she devoted much of her time to reading about the subject and practicing its imaginative components, rather than expending any time or energy on the specific practical spells they had learnt in class (beyond studying for her exams, of course). Veronica already grasped the use of these spells as examples of the work required to complete the full transfiguration process, rather than as any particular spell she might need specific use of someday, and adjusted her focus on the subject appropriately.​
<i>
</i>
RjVFFgu.png
H36WaMQ.png
K5B5QdS.png
fo2IRwc.png
E8ovvkO.jpg
SmuZ0Vk.png
hB4BaHw.png
YgPl8kw.png

</FONT>
[SECOND YEAR]
<i>
</i>
Astronomy · P
Although Veronica continued to try and study for her Astronomy classes during the period she was in the hospital wing, she found that she was falling behind in classes fast. With so much new and specific information she was expected to retain, Veronica found that her previous knowledge of the subject wasn't enough to help her keep up when she couldn't actually attend classes to listen to the lectures for herself and take notes accordingly - an unfortunate circumstance that never recovered as the semester went on.​
<i>
</i>
Charms · O · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6
Veronica's experience with second year Charms was much the same as her first, and she studied and practiced each spell in succession in preparation for her exam, as well as incorporating some of the more relevant charms into her latest projects. The professor's insistence on travelling outside the classroom to practice the majority of the new spells was something she found a little strange, as it made the lessons feel less like part of the school structure she remained enthralled by, but thankfully it never became an aspect that hindered her progress in any way.​
<i>
</i>
Defence Against the Dark Arts · O · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6
<FONT font="Georgia">Although she remained uncomfortable during her Defence lessons, Veronica was at least glad that the year's subject material focused on the minor harms a person could do to someone else - although she never could understand why her professor had deemed it important to teach her classmates such tricks they could play on others. She continued to do all work as bade, even attempting the practical spells in the relevant lesson despite her misgivings of casting a jinx on someone else - particularly her best friend.​
<i>
</i>
Herbology · P · 1
<FONT font="Georgia">Although Veronica had wanted to do her best in this class, she was slightly relieved at the idea that there wouldn't be a chance for everything to go wrong and find herself killing the Mandrake she was supposed to be raising. Her extended period of sickness meant that she was unable to attend the majority of classes where she would have participated in the required activities of taking care of the plant, and as such was unable to pass the class.​
<i>
</i>
History of Magic · O · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6
Veronica was glad to once again find herself immersed in lectures about magical history - particularly ones about subjects she had yet to discover, or cover more in depth on her own. As she had done the year before, Veronica quickly finished the required textbook and soon set about reading further afield on each topic they covered in class through the use of the library - often becoming sidetracked as she researched information for each of the set essays.​
<i>
</i>
Potions · P · 1
The class was one of the more difficult Veronica faced in her second semester at the beginning, mainly because she was too ashamed to look Professor Pendleton in the eye after she and Phoebe Holland's earlier potions incident. Due to time spent in the hospital wing Veronica wasn't able to attend any classes in order to demonstrate an actual brewing of the required potions, and this severely impacted her final grade in the class... much to her disappointment.​
[tr][td]
Transfiguration · P
Although Veronica continued to try and practice her Transfiguration spells and study for her homework and essays from her hospital bed, she frequently found herself tired and unable to concentrate - as well as just plain being told to rest by nurses and friends, where her wand and study materials would be removed from reach. She continued to try and read her textbook throughout the semester, but without being able to take down her usual plethora of notes Veronica found she wasn't able to remember the information as easily as writing and re-writing her notes allowed her to do in the past.​
<i>
</i>
[/td][/tr]
tITzdAb.png
Nvb4OBc.png
G0jDHsx.png
i7QCIaR.png
T1YJS2Q.png
stPXAxf.png
b6rjhlf.png
m8TzwYd.png

[THIRD YEAR]
Ancient Runes · O · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6
<FONT font="Georgia"><COLOR color="#000">Veronica was very excited to take this subject as one of her new electives, predominantly because she was sure she would one day be able to apply the runes she had learnt to her machines in order to enhance them in different ways. Although she initially found it odd to attend these classes without her best friend Phoebe Holland by her side, Veronica wound up enjoying the lessons greatly and spent an outrageous amount of time and effort on her presentation project at the end of the course.​
<i>
</i>
Potions · O · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6
Although worried about the fact that she hadn't tried brewing a potion since the disastrous attempt during her second year, Veronica's over-cautiousness in each of her practical lessons only helped her. Reading up on each potion ahead of class, and devoting time within each lesson to making sure each of the instructions were followed precisely, Veronica managed to make her way through the semester with no mishaps, gaining back quite a bit of confidence about the subject in the process.​
<i>
</i>
Transfiguration · O · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6
Remaining transfixed by the theoretical side of Transfiguration, Veronica happily threw herself into the lecture and study side of things, only practicing the spells they had learnt long enough to be able to perform each of them satisfactorily come exam time. She felt particularly inspired by the lectures on inner magical forces, and though it was initially conflicting, enjoyed learning about the regulations surrounding Animagi in greater depth, pleased that the class had forced her to confront something she hadn't been quite so informed about.​
<i>
</i>
<FONT font="Georgia"><COLOR color="#000">Credits: Wand descriptions from here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back