Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Curved 8 Inch Rigid Pear Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Emilia had been surprised by how much the advice she had received in the last issue of Hogwarts Monthly had resonated with her. She had felt a little pathetic, sending something to Agony Aunt, but it had received a really nice response that she had cut out of the paper. Now that she was having a rather sad day, she had taken the piece of folded paper out of her bag and read it again while she ate lunch. Perhaps it was silly, but it was helping her more than she had expected.

Analei was enjoying the break and sat at the Hufflepuff table, reading over her notes that she had taken during the year. she took a bite of her sandwich, looking around, spotting Emilia near her. "studying too?" she asked.

Emilia looked up in surprise as someone spoke to her, but smiled automatically when she saw it was Analei. Her question made her blush, as it as kind of silly to carry around some generic advice that was given by a strenger. She shook her head. "Just... reading something." She said vaguely, half covering the paper with her hand.

Analei cocked her head when Emilia replied in a somewhat apprehensive way. "Everything okay?" She asked her friend, instantly feeling guilty. She knew Emilia had broken up with Derek, and Analei definitely wasn't there for her as much as she should have been.

Emilia nodded, then sighed. There was no point hiding it from Analei. Emilia knew her well enough now to know she wouldn't laugh at her. "I'm fine. Just... I sent in a message to agony aunt in the paper, and she replied. It was nice, so I saved it." She said, blushing a little again. "Do you ever read those?"

Sydney was already in a bad mood as she tried to make her way to the Slytherin table. Didn't people know they shouldn't keep their bags in the walkways. She paused her walking though when she overheard someone mention Agony Aunt, taking the moment to pretend to tie her shoe so she could listen a little closer.

Analei smiled at Emilia. "i haven't read it recently, but i did send one in once." Analei admitted. "im glad it was a nice answer! am i allowed to know what you asked?"

It made Emilia feel more at ease when Analei said she had once sent something in too. She hesitated for a moment, then handed the scrap of paper over. "It's actually about Derek." She said softly. "Who do you think writes the advice? I bet it's a seventh year."

Sydney had to hide her grin into her elbow as the two girls continued talking, deciding to pause to redo her other lace while she was down here. It sucked she had to keep her identity as agony aunt a secret, but at least she got to enjoy the smug satisfaction of these girls coming to her for advice. It was nice to be appreciated for once.

"it must be. I sent mine a few years ago though...i wonder if they pick a new seventh year every year." Analei paused, thinking about emilia and derek. "im glad it was a nice reply."

Emilia nodded. "Maybe... it at least feels like someone older than us." She said quietly. She sighed softly. "It was, but that doesn't mean the advice is easy to follow..." She sighed again. "How are things with you and your boyfriend?" She asked Analei then, smiling a little to encourage her.

Sydney's smile grew wider when she heard the girl say it had to be someone older. She wanted to stand up and take credit so badly, see their faces when they found out she was just 13 and already so insightful. But, it was a writer's burden to go unappreciated, and Sydney finished the knot on her shoes extra slowly, letting herself enjoy the last bit of praise before it seemed like the conversation was going to move onto boring things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back