Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Liusaidh Fergusson
Wand
Curved 10 Inch Unyielding Silver lime Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Kalif Styx the Second was sitting at the library table, luckily a couple of the chairs emptied, with Roxas and Riku Mckenna going off on their own. Of course, since Roxas was in the same house as his twin, he did ask him to keep an eye on Amarantha. She wasn't taking the whole sorting into different houses thing well. His eyes went to Sawyer Hayes and Rai Mckenna, while he shuffled the deck of magical cards. They looked like any sort of muggle playing cards, but spoke when they were laid down, face up. Similar to wizard's chess, but since that game only had two spots for players, this was what the group came up with. Kalif started to deal the cards, and held them in his hand after he was done. Kalif sighed as he said coolly, "Think anything other than classes will happen to this school during our time here?" Kalif heard about kids dying here, people breaking in, all sorts of trouble, but would that happen while he was here? Nothing would happen to him, since he was constantly followed. It was Hades Styx the Third this time, but Merlin only knew who could find him, since he was excellent at hiding and observing.

Rai sat back in his chair, balancing against the table and the floor very carefully. He had excellent balance, always had, but he was always careful because injuring himself was not going to be helpful to him at all. He looked over at Sawyer and then at Kalif. Since they'd met on the train, he rather liked the boy, and he knew the name too. His sister was dating a Styx, if he remembered correctly, he'd heard her fighting with his mother about it. "Who knows... it's not like anyone in this school is going to do anything, they're all a bunch of weak pushovers with too much time on their hands." He said, rolling his eyes and looked down at the bunch of cards. "What are we playing anyway?" He liked hanging around with Kalif Styx, even if the name was the same as his head of house, it was a bit amusing. "Sawyer, how's Dad anyway, didn't see him before I left."

Sawyer rather preferred to be spending time with these two individuals rather than wandering about on his own. Being alone would have been preferable but since he had been sorted to Ravenclaw where one of his more annoying relatives resided, he had taken to avoiding them. The Raven twins had taken to calling him Uncle Sawyer and making it a game to annoy the hell out of him whenever they could and no amount of threats deterred them and it was giving him a headache. “Maybe some idiot would fall off the Cliffs,” he said levelly while looking as the cards were being dealt. He had no clue what they would be playing and he frankly didn’t care since as long as it would help pass the time. It was incredibly boring to be in school. He really should have been homeschooled instead. “Busy. He was working when I went to see him before I left.

Kalif gave a curt nod at Rai's explanation. It seemed simple enough. Kalif answered the question over what game they were playing. "Black Jack," Kalif answered, knowing that his cards equalled 18, it would be hard not to go over 21. If they did, well, the cards would sing, so to speak. Although, imagining some idiot falling off the cliffs would be amusing indeed. "Better if someone pushed said idiot. Or cast a trip spell. Make it an 'accident'," the Slytherin shrugged his shoulders, as he waited to see what the others would do, before he would fold. The two before him talked about their dad, which was similar to how his dad was. Always at work. Caspian figured it was because the twins took after their dead mother, but who knows.

Cards weren't really his thing, he didn't usually have the patience for it, but he had the patience for gossip and learning things about others, which was really what this was mostly about. He had never been much good at card games, it was more Roxas' thing than his and really, who even liked card games, but this all had a purpose, he wasn't even sure if Kalif cared about the game and more about being seen together, which was what Rai's main attention was focused on. "A decently good game, are we going to play properly? we could put bets down." He said, dropping his chair to sit properly. "Ha! The cliffs are supposed to be out of bounds, but my sister says everyone goes there at some point, maybe that should be our next outing."

Sawyer didn’t really care what game they would be playing or if they’d be putting bets in. It should be entertaining either way and a much better way to pass the time. “I’m all for bets happening,” he said with a shrug as he looked at his cards. Seven. Well, he definitely could go for another card. And he asked Kalif for such while most his attention is on their conversation regarding the cliffs. “It’s not like the staff ever do anything about it. Besides students go to the Forest and aren’t even caught every time even if it’s being monitored. I can imagine the cliffs being a lot easier to get to,” he said with a shrug.

Kalif mused over the thought of bets. He had a couple of galleons on him. Several actually. "We can. I'll start us off." Kalif placed a couple of galleons in the middle of the table. He assumed that they were all from family of wealth anyway. This wouldn't put a hole in their pocket. Kalif dealt another card out to Sawyer when asked, though Kalif was holding himself at 18. Talking about the cliffs did bring some attention to that. "My grandfather once told my sister and I the story of our Hufflepuff relative, his brother, setting some mudblood on fire at the Forbidden Forest. If the cliffs are easier to get to, you'd think a shove off the cliffs would have been better." Kalif smirked lightly. "As far as the next outing, I'm game."

oops, forgot about this. Soz

Rai shrugged, reaching into his pockets for a couple of galleons as he deposited them on the table. He looked down at his cards, he had 11, which meant he could do with some more cards. He didn't know this game as Blackjack though, only as twenty one, but he assumed it was all the same. "I'll take another," he said, trying to figure out what the others might have had. He raised his eyebrow at Kalif as he mentioned an incident with fire. "You know what, I vaguely remember hearing about that from my Aunt once. Mind you, it was years ago and I was like... really young or whatever. She's dead now, my Aunt." He vaguely had some memory of a cousin, also in Hufflepuff who'd been friends with the burn victim. How delicious. He wished he could have seen that. Not that he would do something so stupid himself. "Maybe your relative liked the idea of a messy death?" Though, the cliffs probably would have been messy too.​

Sawyer watched as his companions placed galleons on the table and he wordlessly took out some galleons as well, placing it on the table. Looking at the third card that he got - a face card - he already knew that he'd be losing some money on this round. Seventeen was decent but he doubted that would be enough to win. "Did the mudblood die?" he asked, more interested in the conversation. It would have been interesting to find out how the mudblood felt as the flames surrounded him. Flame licking the skin in short and small bursts such as passing a hand through a candle flame was severely different from a burn victim. It would have been interesting to observe should it happen. Likely unpleasant but also most probably interesting. "Shoving off the cliffs is easier and quicker, depending on circumstances. Relative probably preferred a long, drawn out process of death," he said putting out his thoughts on the topic.

Kalif nodded as Rai spoke, commented on the story that Kalif just told. He handed Rai another card, still holding on to his cards, which added to 18. He did not want to risk going over right now. "I suppose he did. But no, the mudblood did not die. I heard he suffered pretty heavily with burns and mentally." Kalif spoke softly. He looked at the galleons on the table, wondering who would win that pile. It didn't matter one way or another. "Even if he had succeeded, it was a little stupid to do while in school. He was expelled and lost his wand. Honestly, I don't think it is worth it to have your wand snapped before you learn anything good."

Am using a card randomiser now. cbf

Ah, 4. That brought him up to 15, he could go for another. "Another one?" He looked between Kalif and Sawyer who were probably both better at this game, though it really was more of a game of chance than anything else. "I don't like that term, mud blood, everything is useful if given half the chance," he said, thinking back to what his dad had always said. There were a lot of things Rai didn't know about his dad, like what he did all day in that locked room of his, he'd been in there once with Roxas, but he hadn't had much of a chance to really look around. Roxas had though, but the jerk wouldn't tell him what he'd seen. Dirty blood as seen by most pureblood, it was such an archaic term. Rai certainly had no leanings one way or another, he hated everyone equally, blood meant little to him. But, he supposed, he could say that as one from a pureblood family. He enjoyed all the privileges that came with that. "Money is where it's really at," he said, dumping another couple of galleons on the table. "Can't imagine what that would have been like though, I mean, wow, flame charms, forbidden forest, surely there'd been an easier way to go. Bet your Grandfather was p!ssed." It still amused Rai to no end that Kalif had his own Grandfather as his head of house. He would have died should any of his adult relatives teach him. He just did not want to have to deal with that.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back