Kris
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Wand
12 Inch Whippy Holly Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Open after Kadi posts with Felix

Sawyer sometimes wondered if he was one of the few kids who actually didn't mind watching his younger siblings that much. Not that he thought Felix needed that much supervision while Dad took Theia and Thistle to run some other errands, but lately he'd been a lot more appreciative of any extra time he got with any of his siblings since starting school.

"Hey watch my bag, I'll be right back," Sawyer said, dropping his bag on the bench next to Felix. "And don't touch my stuff," he added as an afterthought, spinning around and leveling an accusatory finger at Felix. He had his leftover birthday chocolate in there still, he'd been carrying it around with him ever since it started mysteriously disappearing whenever he wasn't paying close enough attention. Sawyer had several suspicions who the culprit was, thus the warning, but he hoped the new security system he'd installed on the box would help. Namely the big, red label he'd stuck to it that simply said: "INVISIBILITY CHOCOLATES DO NOT EAT". It wouldn't keep the likes of someone like Theia out, but he high suspected she wasn't the one pilfering them, so that left three other people in their household he reckoned it would at least give pause to. Content that his warning was received, Sawyer spun back around, hurrying over to the concrete block of toilets.

Felix was excited to be at the park and always looked forward to any time they spent away from the house for once. He bounced over to the bench where Sawyer was and sat down. He was also looking forward to spending time with his brother while dad and their sisters were off doing whatever. They rarely ever got to spend any time together, just the two of them. Felix leaned back to look at the clouds as his brother started to say something. "Ugh why would I want to touch any of your stinky stuff." he whined and rolled his eyes at his brother's warning before he headed to the bathroom. If he hadn't said anything Felix probably would have left it alone, but Sawyer's comments made him curious. Maybe he was hiding something good in there? He figured he had a few minutes to spare before he was back so he had to act fast. He found the chocolates almost immediately and grinned. He read the warning on the box and rolled his eyes. "Yeah right." he said skeptically to himself and quickly opened the box and shoved a couple pieces in his mouth before rushing to put it all back.

Last edited:
Sawyer had barely set foot out of the toilets, still wiping his slightly wet hands on his pant legs when he spotted Felix scrambling to shove something back in his bag. His eyes narrowed. At least he had been right about who the chocolate thief was, but now he was obligated by sibling law to exact revenge.

Keeping his gait casual, Sawyer made a point to stroll slowly back to the bench he'd left Felix on, glancing down to pick up his bag before pointedly scanning the park, eyes skipping past Felix. "Felix?" he called, making a show of swiveling his head to look around, still intently avoiding letting his eyes land on his little brother. "Felix, I told you to watch my stuff, where'd you go," he called out to the air, trying to keep his face as neutral as possible if he was going to make Felix actually believe he couldn't see him.

Felix had draped his arms across the back of the bench in an attempt to act natural when he spotted Sawyer heading towards him. He looked away when his brother picked up his backpack, pretending he had no interest what so ever. But when his brother called his name, he turned quickly and gave him a confused look. “What are you talking about?” he asked, annoyed. Felix was used to not being the center of attention but this was ridiculous. With a heavy sigh he got up and walked towards his brother. “I’m right here!” he said said and waved his hand in front of Sawyer's face.

Sawyer had years of practice of keeping a straight face, so it wasn't an issue to contain his slowly building amusement as Felix started reacting to stage one of his vengeance plan. "What? Where?" he said, making a show of jumping when Felix spoke, letting his eyes stare right past Felix's hand into the empty space near Felix's head. "Wait, you didn't eat my chocolates, did you?" he said in a low voice, doing his best to copy the stern, concerned expression Theia used when they got into things at home they shouldn't.

Felix hated when people tried to pull things like this on him. It always made him frustrated and he wasn't about to fall for it this time. "Ugh don't be stupid." he whined dramatically and Sawyer continued to pretend he couldn't see him. "No." he lied, but tried to sound convincing when his brother brought up the chocolates. "I didn't eat any of your dumb chocolates! I don't know why you even brought them, they're all going to melt in your backpack." he argued. Felix remembered the note on the box and a part of him started to panic, but he shook it off quickly. This was all a joke. It had to be a joke.

Sawyer was completely unfazed by Felix calling him stupid. He hadn't survived 10 years in the Carnahan household to be bothered by someone thinking he was acting dumb. Or by giving up on a prank before it had paid off. He continued looking around and squinting, like he still wasn't sure where Felix's voice was coming from, though he could feel his lips twitch in annoyance when Felix denied eating his chocolate. "I didn't want to leave them at home in case Thistle ate them and we lost her. Do you know how hard she'd be to find if she went invisible?" Sawyer asked indignantly, waving a hand in front of him blindly and smacking Felix in the shoulder. "Oh Merlin's beard, there you are," he said, groping at Felix's arm, keeping his eyes unfocused and still staring blindly past Felix's head.

Felix rolled is eyes at Sawyer's lame excuse about losing Thistle, but she was pretty small and really good at hiding. He was about to say as much when his brother smacked his arm and grabbed him. "Agh!" he let out a strangled yelp in surprised. "Cut it out Sawyer! It's not funny." he whined as he wiggled out of his brother's grasp. "You're freaking me out!" he yelled before pouting at his brother, trying to get him to drop the joke. He was sure the chocolates were just that, a joke. But...what if they weren't. It wouldn't be the first time dad had gotten them something like that. Felix took a deep breath and tried to be calm and looked around the park for someone else who might be able to see him but it was eerily empty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back