Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
undefined
Wand
Bloodwood 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
It was valentines day and the valentines feast was on. Selene really didnt feel like going for starters she had not had fun at the yule ball and secondly she had no one to go with. she had recieved a grand total on no roses. she had picked one off the bush when sheh ad been visiting the garden instead of the party she made her way to the owlery a note in her hands.
the young Ravenclaw didn't ave many friends. but there was one person she had met over the holidays who she liked and thought of as a friend even though she had onky just met him. she took one of the schoool owls, one that looked suited for long distances.
she attached the note to the owl followed by the yellow rose and watched the bird fly off into the distance.
note said:
To Thackery
at school every velentines day we send out roses to friends and loved ones to say thank you. yellow for friendship pink for crushes and red for love. i know we have only just met, and that it will be partially wilted when you get there but i hope it finds you. well.
Thank you for showing me around salem it was really interesting.
i hope we stay in touch
Selene.

The weather outside was improving in Massachusettes by this time around in February. The sun was coming out more often, yet, there were still piles and piles of snow leftover from the winter days. If Mr. Groundhog cast his shadow in the brilliant white snow, that will prolong the cool weather. If he didn't, spring was arriving early. It's too bad Thackery had missed the day and wasn't sure if winter was staying or not. It didn't matter to him, though, if he was being honest with himself he quite like the snow and cool weather. While others may complain about the winter weather, Thackery loves stepping on fresh, crisp snow and sliding down hills in Salem. When he wasn't working at the shop or looking after his mama, Thackery would spend the whole day in the snow if he could. Which is why he was making the best of these last winter days out in the snow and walking around the school grounds in his brown boots. Thackery was taking in the fresh air, his breath funneling from his nose while he thought about Selene. Another thing about snow is that it oddly reminded him of Selene, Maya's niece. Since they spent the day out in the snow touring Salem, that made proper sense. He just was so bummed that day didn't last long and she had to go home. While he was in deep thoughts of the Ravenclaw, an owl flew over him and dropped something in front of him. Thackery narrowed his gaze and fetched the thing before it disappeared in the snow. It was a yellow rose and a note from Selene. He read it and it brought a smile to his face. Thackery tucks the note away. Thackery went to fetch something in the school's garden before he went to reply to Selene's letter.

Letter said:
Greetings Selene,
Thanks for your letter and rose, that was mighty kind of you.
We have something like that in our school, but they also have chocolates you can give to someone special. I would've sent you some, but knew it wouldn't be wise as the owl may chow down on it by the time it gets there. I did give him a few dead rats for the trouble. He was satisfied. So, instead of chocolates, how about a winter warmth amaryllis. I think it's just as pretty and lovely as the rose. Also, winter is my favorite time of year, I hope you like it.
Hope to see you again someday.
Yours truly,
Thackery.

It had been a couple of weeks since Selene had sent a rose to Thackery. those couple of weeks had been good for her. she had managed to reconnect with some of her good friends. and she was actually feeling a little like she had slept well. so when an owl dropped a letter of in front of her at breakfast one day she was surprised especially when she realized the letter wasn't alone but was accompanied by a flower. not a rose but something she didn't recognise. She read the note and smiled. she carried it with her throughout the day knowing she would have to reply to Thackery but not sure what to say.
that night she struggled to sleep. she took a seat in the common room. her favorite one near enough to the fire to stay warm but near enough to the window to watch the sky.
as the night dragged on her homework complete she took out a piece of parchment and after a few minutes holding the pen suspended above it. she started to write once she had begun the words came easily. at least until she had to sign off

letter said:
Dear Thackery.
thank you for the letter and the flower. I haven't seen winter warmth amaryllis before but they are truly beautiful, I will have to find a charm somewhere to extend its life. my favorite flowers would have to be honeysuckle and jasmine as they always smell nice especially at night.
if you love winter you should come and visit next holiday. we are well into autumn now. at the moment the sun is rising on a beautiful autumn morning. there is a mist rising from the lake making the Ravenclaw tower look like it is isolated on a cloud. as for my favorite time of the year, I don't know. winter is nice especially staying cozy inside but the nights are so long.
I hope to see you soon
Selene

Users who are viewing this thread

Back