OOC First Name
Tamara
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Sturdy Rosewood Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Nic had no one to take to the ball nor did she have many friends. She was just a bit of a loner and when Heta Omega announced a mystery pairing event Nic knew this could be an opportunity to meet someone new. Nic was just curious for what the leaders would do with her. A tiny confident goblin with weirdly shaped ears and a length that barely reached a table. Not that it mattered, Nic was an untamed beast inside. She couldn't care less about her length or her pointy ears. Nic was wearing a black dress that accentuated her figure. She wasn't the thinnest, but she didn't care and was all about loving yourself. She didn't exactly know the boy with whom she was paired with, she knew he wasn't in her year. She could only hope he wasn't way too old that it would go to something really weird. She was sure that people knew she was the goblin girl and decided to wait in the entrance hall for this guy to come to her.

At first Isaiah had thought thay maybe he could just go to the yule ball with some of his friends, as a group. When he had noticed a couple of them sign up for the blind dates thing from their club however, he figured it would be fun to do so as well. After all, it would present him with a great opportunity to possibly make another friend. And he could never have enough friends. He hadn't known who the girl he was paired with was and had decided to ask his cousin for help. She was older, probably knew more people than he did and was more likely to actually look the girl up if she didn't know than he was himself. Her only conditition for helping him had been that she got to choose his outfit though, ending with him having to wear a jacket when at first he wasn't planning on doing so. She had given him a pretty solid description of who he was looking for though, apparently knowing the girl in question, which gave him a good idea of who he needed to head up to when he entered the hall. "Sup!" Zay greeted the girl as he walked up to her. "You've gotta be Nicola, right? Man you really are short." He blurted out as he reached her, realizing he probably shouldn't have said that. "Sorry.. didn't mean it like that." He tried to save himself as he shot the girl a sheepish grin. He wasn't going to get very far in making friends if he started off with possibly insulting them. Especially not someone who was older than he was. "Cool dress." He nodded, genuinly meaning it.

Soon she found herself in the company of Isaiah the one that she was paired with. ''Hello'' Nic said to the boy, while nodding when he said her name. ''Yeah perks of being part goblin'' Nic grinned she was sure her sister would be offended if someone called her short. Nic couldn't care less, not like she was going to grow big and tall in a year or something. ''Thanks'' Nic grinned when he complimented her assemble. ''Shall we go to the ball or do you want to go for some quick introductions?'' She wouldn't mind answering a bunch of questions, but she also wanted to enjoy the ball.

Isaiah was glad he had managed to find the right girl, even if he felt like it would've been more of an achievement if he had actually managed to walk up to the wrong person. His cousin's description had been pretty detailed after all, and there were certain aspects that made Nicola a bit more easy to spot. "Part goblin? That's wicked how does that work? Do you have like pointy ears and all that?" Zay asked curiously, now turning his head to casually try and see if her ears might be sticking out from under her hair. He didn't think he had ever meant someone who was part-goblin before, but it sounded totally cool. "I'm Isaiah, but Zay's fine." He introduced himself, even if he was sure she would've remembered his name from the matches list. At least he hoped she did. "Uh, we could go get drinks or something? I don't know, I'll be cool with whatever you want really." He shot her a smile, paired with a little shrug. In all honesty he didn't care what they'd do. It was his first ball and he had zero idea how this thing would go but he was sure they'd have fun nonetheless.

Nicola knew that there weren't a lot of part goblins at Hogwarts. She knew there was one other family at the school and the triplets that included her. ''Well, my dad has goblin genes so we inherited it'' Nicola didn't want to make it overly complicated. ''And the answer is yes.'' She grabbed a big part of hair and held it up so the boy could see her ears. ''Hello Zay'' Nic said ''I am Nicola, but call me Nic'' With their length difference most dances were pretty hard to do. Not that she was an avid dancer and thus the drinks and snacks sounded really good. ''Lets get some punch'' Nic said to the boy. ''How are you enjoying Hogwarts so far?'' She said while walking.

Isaiah curiously listened as she explained how being part-gobling worked. He had to admit he thought it would've taken her a bit longer to explain but she apparently only needed a single sentence to do so. His eyes grew wide when she moved her hair though, showing off her pointy ears. "Dude, no way!" He excitedly exclaimed, now totally jealous of the fact that she had pointy ears. Why didn't he get to have pointy ears? "Cool, sure." Zay nodded when she chose the first option he had given, getting drinks. He'd also definitely get some snacks since they'd be at the table anyways. "Man, I am loving it." He told her as they made their way towards the table with all the snacks and drinks. He struggled to contain his steps for a second in an attempt not to get the difference in length suddenly have him walking two meters in front of her. "What about you? You've been here longer right? You must have made like tons of friends already! Do you?"

Nic never realized people liked pointy ears, she never had put much thought into them and for her they were just there. They both walked over to the decked out table with food, drinks and other delicious items. Nic noticed the boy was matching his strides against hers so he wouldn't walk away from her. Something that was really nice and a thing he didn't have to do. ''I love Hogwarts'' Nicola grinned ''Nah, I am kind of a loner or people think I am weird.'' Nic didn't have that many friends she had like two at the moment. ''I love exploring the castle and seeing were secret passages lead to.'' She said to the boy. ''What do you love the most?''

As soon as they reached the table Isaiah couldn't help but to almost stuff an entire cauldron cake into his mouth. He nodded when Nicola said she loved hogwarts, picking up another cake and holding it out to her in case she wanted one as well. He had always been taught to share, be good company and so he felt determined to make sure they had fun tonight, already seeing the possibility of gaining a new friend. "Why?" Zay almost asked himself more than he asked Nic, not quite getting how she didn't have many friends. She seemed cool to him so far anyways. He nodded when she told him what she liked about the castle, making a mental note to get her to show him one of the passages some day since he was pretty sure none of his cousins did a lot of exploring around the castle. Maybe if she showed him then he could show Piper. "Everything asides from the studying." Isaiah joked at her question. "Nah, I just like hanging around, making as many friends as I can. Oh, and quidditch! Watching the matches is totally cool, I even have two cousins who are on a team." He tried to casually slip in that last part, although it was something he had to mention at least once to everyone he met in the hopes that they thought it was as cool as he did it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back