Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
fluid
Wand
11 1/2 Inch Knotted Oak Wand with Raven Feather Core, Swishy
Hezekiah Mowry was not looking forward to another year at Hogwarts New Zealand. However, this was how he got the bills paid. It was also nice to do what he liked, brewing potions. He only really dealt with the older students, which he liked. The younger ones he didn't have to worry about at much, which was beneficial to him. The man sat on a bench on the fifth floor close to the Transfiguration room. He was reading a book about some advanced potions that he wanted to try. He was always up for a challenge. His scarred face was relaxed, and he sat comfortably with one leg crossed over the other. Hezekiah felt like he had made a great decision coming to Hogwarts New Zealand. Although he did not love it all the time, he enjoyed doing what he did. However, it was a little lonely. There were not very many people that knew of his condition, so he no one really knew why he struggled so much to do regular things. He was constantly counting the dates, so he was always focused on his condition. Hezekiah softly closed his book and stood up, almost knocking someone over who was walking. He may not be a people person, but he was not a jerk. "Oh. I apologize. I should watch myself." he stated dryly.

Transfiguration had always been the one branch of magic Alistair often struggled with, no doubt in part due to his struggles dealing with transformations of his own. Despite these difficulties, he still wanted to do well in his spellcasting across the board, particularly as the newest leader of the Student Defence Association. While Transfiguration wasn't well known for its duelling capabilities, he'd seen it used offensively quite well, and if he wanted to ensure he was victorious in this years tournament he needed to pull out all the stops.

What was supposed to be a short trip to the Transfiguration classroom to ask about additional lessons was cut short when someone abruptly stood up and almost knocked him off his feet. "Do you mind-" Alistair began, prepared to flash his prefect badge at whichever student had almost caused him an injury. He quickly rescinded his comment once he realised the person who'd bumped him wasn't a teenager, but a grown man. "Professor Mowry." Was all he managed to say at first, lost for words now that he'd realised who it was. It was always awkward to be confronted by someone who knew about him and his condition, information any potions professor would have been privy to. As much as he wanted less people to be informed, it couldn't be helped.

After a moment, he found his voice. "It's, er, it's alright. I should've paid more attention. Usually I'm more aware of..." He stopped to think of how to phrase it, and instead swept out his arm in a gesture to indicate just about the entirety of the castle. "Everyone else. You know." 'Stair had gone so long worrying about who could be around every corner, so aware of the space around him that when anyone stepped too close it raised the hairs on the back of his neck, but that was all in the past. He'd grown out of that in favour of trying to be more confident and comfortable, and care less about what other people thought of him. It wasn't always easy, but he hadn't had any issues until now.

Hezekiah raised a brow at the boy's reaction to his accident. However, he quickly got over it. "Mr. Lancaster." he said as a way of greeting the child. He knew that Alistair was a werewolf as well, which was a sad fate for someone to deal with on top of school. There was a bit of an awkward silence between the two until the boy spoke up again. Everyone else. Yes. Everyone who was not a werewolf was lucky. They got to live normal lives without being cursed every full moon. "Everyone like us I am presuming?" he asked. He had a feeling that Alistair did not know that Hezekiah also shared the same condition as him, so he understood what it was like. "Please let me know if you have any issues while on the potion. Professor Pendleton normally brews it, but there are times when I have to do it in his place." he offered the the boy. Hezekiah took pity on Alistair because he was dealing with this situation at such a young age. However, Hezekiah was pretty young when he was bestowed his condition as well.

Mowry's response sent a cold shiver down Alistair's spine, and he fixed him a frozen look, his brain processing the information at a snails pace. He didn't want to believe it, to have come across a second werewolf, not including himself, in the school alone. If he included Ellington, Lucas and Briar, Hogwarts really did feel like it attracted lycanthropes over the years. They - he - could be anyone, anywhere. It made sense for the man to be just like him, the signs he had subconsciously tried to remain ignorant to. The scars across the professors face screamed dark magic, a wound unable to be completely healed no matter how maybe potions you used. Alistair knew that well enough by now, given his own attempts at concealing his bite marks. He was one of the lucky ones. He didn't want to think of what his life would be like with a more prominent disfigurement.

"Like us." Alistair corrected himself, his face a few shades paler than it had been moments ago, this time in no way related to any impending full moon as was usually the case. "Is that why...?" He began, circling his index finger around his own face to imitate Mowry's scars. He couldn't bring himself to finish the question, and felt like he didn't need to to get the point across. There was no doubt the potions professor was used to this line of questioning, or gawking for that matter. "When did it happen for you? How do you deal with it?" The few other lycanthropes he knew all seemed to have their own ways of coping. Annoyingly, some of them tried to emphasise the condition as a positive thing. It was anything but. Alistair was living with it after all of these years, but he far from accepted it.​

Sorry this took so long D:

Hezekiah could never forget how he became a werewolf. He had been young like Alistair Lancaster. However, he had not been in school when it happened. From what he remembered he had recently graduated and was looking for something rare in a forest, and he was attacked. It was as simple as that. The rest did not matter in this moment because it had happened so long ago. Hezekiah himself had come to terms with the fact that he was werewolf, but that did not mean he necessarily liked being one. The only person who actually had liked being one was Briar, who often checked in on him because there were times before that he did not take his wolfsbane, which he knew was a danger to himself and others, mostly others.

Hezekiah grimaced a little bit when Alistair asked about his scars, but Hezekiah nodded and proceeded to sit back on the bench while crossing one leg over the other.
"Mostly." he told the boy across from him. He did not like the topic of his scars, so Hezekiah left it at that. "I had just graduated from Durmstrang. As for me dealing with it, I just got over myself. I was tired of wallowing in self-pity, so I applied here, and here I am." he told Alistair honestly. Hezekiah was just being honest about his situation. However, his situation was not the same as Alistair's. "I think our situations are a bit different, so I cannot really give you the cure all for your situation because there is none." he continued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back