Umm... What?!

Jerrod Green

OOC First Name
Taneaka
Wand
14.5" walnut with essence of vampire blood
Jerrod was settling into the new house with Riley. He still hadn't managed to find a job with a stable income which was a priority of his. He didn't want to live out his mother's pocket for too much longer. However, on the good side of life he was now a death eater. He'd been accepting a few days ago but hadn't found the words to tell Riley. He was going to do that tonight though. Nothing was going to make him hold a secret from her. He never wanted that kind of relationship.
Jerrod walked through the front door of his home with a shopping bag in one arm. He dumped the bag on the kitchen side then went to his girlfriend in the living room. He put his hands on the back of the sofa as he leant down and kissed her. "Hello my beautiful." Words would never explain how much he valued her.

Riley was enjoying the day off. It had been a relaxing day, without any worries. Riley hadn't spoken to her mother for awhile, so had spent most of the morning writing a letter to Ava, catching her up to date with life. After three years, Riley had definitely forgiven her parents for their divorce, but she still wasn't so fond of the man who separated them. Sure, she was happy that her mom was happy, but her dad was still single and had moved into a shell and no one was allowed in.
The rest of the afternoon was uneventful, as Riley read through a Muggle book. Hearing Jerrod come through the door, she smiled, putting the bookmark in place and closing her book in time to receive a welcomed kiss from her partner. The blonde cupped her hands around his face and kissed him for a moment longer before smiling at him and releasing his face. "Why hello there!" She grinned cheekily. "How was your day, my prince?" She teasingly asked.

Jerrod beamed from ear to ear. He loved being called prince. Probably because he was too stuck up for his own good but he would never admit to that. "It's been great." Jerrod had spent the day with his younger sisters and his mum. They were growing up fast. It was almost time for them to start at Hogwarts. Jerrod just hoped they had a better time there than he'd had. "Bella and Rosie want to see you. I said they'd be able to see you if they behaved themselves and did what mum said. Obviously they went crazy and started acting really good." He laughed and sat next to Riley. "Mum can't wait for them to go to Hogwarts. They're louder than me and Lily were at their age." Jerrod paused at the thought of his twin sister then smiled and carried on. "How about you?? What have you done today??"

Riley saw Jerrod's grin and knew it was because she called him a prince. She loved his confidence, but usually laughed at his smugness. The blonde's smile lingered as Jerrod said his day was great. She loved it when her partner came home in a good mood, it always made for a fun night of laughter. "Oh what cuties!" Riley exclaimed. "I'd love to see them again, would never say no to them." Riley laughed. She loved hanging out with kids and couldn't wait to have her own and raise her own children too.
Riley placed her hand on Jerrod's thigh as he sat next to her. In the quick silent moment that there was, Riley knew he was thinking of Lily, who she had not seen for awhile; not that she was complaining about that; it would be tense for sure.
"My day has been marvellous, spent most of it working on some songs, I might get you to listen to a couple later on once I've sorted them. We're wanting a couple of new songs before we start performing again, I can't wait though, I've missed performing!" Riley replied joyfully.

Jerrod smirked "Well maybe you'll have to behave good as well. Otherwise you won't be allowed to see them." He loved teasing Riley. Her reaction to it was what made it fun for him. He would never do it otherwise.
"That sounds great." Riley's music was so amazing. He had great fun just sitting and listening to her. Gave him something to do at least and it took his mind off other things. It was time where he could focus on nothing but her and how much he loved her. "I'd love to hear it. When do I get to pin you down and hear the magic??" He stuck his tongue out at her then pecked her on the lips.
Jerrod leant back with his arm on Riley's shoulders and exhaled quietly. This was his time to tell her. He just didn't know how. He knew how much she had wanted to be an auror and he didn't know how she would take his news. "Riley...I have something I need to tell you..." He paused as he thought about the next words to come out of his mouth. Then he realised, there was only one way of saying it. "I've been accepted as a Scitorari." He held his breath and waited for her reaction.

Riley faked a shocked face when Jerrod told her she needed to behave. Folding her arms across her chest and pouting, Riley replied, "I always behave. You're the...mis-behaving one. Butt-hole." She added jokingly. Her pout was quickly transformed into a smile when Jerrod expressed his excitement to hear her song. "Why are you pinning me down?" Riley laughed. "I'm sure it's my turn to pin you down." Riley winked.
The bleach-blonde noticed a sigh coming from Jerrod. Her eyebrows furrowed and she realized that something heavy was on Jerrod's mind. Her brown eyes remained on her partner's eyes, until he spoke the words she had been dreading for awhile. The quickly flicked forward, and then down, taking a deep breath. She knew this was coming. She was unsure why she was shocked by it. She knew this is what the had planned. Nodding her head, Riley slowly looked back at Jerrod. The blonde put a small smile on her face, before leaning in closer to him. Softly, she spoke, "As long as you are happy, I'm happy." She moved her hand to his face, gently cupping it, and pulling him closer in for a kiss.

Jerrod saw Riley's sadness in his face and he felt upset that he had caused this for her. He didn't want to make her sad. Then she smiled and Jerrod's eyes widened a bit. He heard what she said and smiled then felt a huge amount of joy when she leaned in and kissed him. When they separated he looked into her eyes and gave her a comforting smile. "Are you sure you're okay with this?? I don't want to do anything that you don't like." He put his hand on her's which was still on his face. "Just tell me the entire truth about how you feel about it even if it's something that will hurt my feelings. I want to make sure you're happy." Being a scitorari may have been his dream but it was more important that the love of his life was happy.

Riley's heart broke a little when Jerrod asked if she was okay with it. She didn't understand why he was being so kind about his dream, when they had once broken up over it. Perhaps leaving school and living on their own really matured each of them. She thought about Jerrod's question. How could she be sure she was ok with it? Right now, with Jerrod not doing anything bad, with him just being himself with her, she was sure. But what happened down the line if he did something really bad? Riley thought back to the conversation they had when they got back together. As long as she didn't know what was happening it would be ok right? The blonde knew that this ignorance was selfish, and while she couldn't imagine being without Jerrod, Riley also couldn't imagine being with him when she was the cause of his unhappiness. She looked at her love in the eyes. "Jerrod, I told you once that I didn't want to know about it. That still stands. If you can promise me, that you will be safe, and you will not speak a word of it to me, or to any of our, uh, future children, then I am sure we can both be happy." Riley replied seriously.

Jerrod wasn't sure about her last request. He had grown up wanting to be exactly like his dad. If Jer one day had a son that wanted to be just like him then he wouldn't want to lie about whatvhe was. Then again, Riley was probably going against everything she believed in by saying yes to him and putting his happiness over her own. The least he coud do was give up one thing for her. And, after all, this was the agreement the two of them had come to when they got back together. If there was one thing Jerrod never did it was go against his word. That's why he knew Riley would trust the next words out his mouth. "I promise. I will always be safe, you will never hear about it and our kids will never know." He added the list just to prove to her that he was listening. He knew women always thought guys didn't listen. Jerrod smiled at Riey with joy overpowering him. He leant in to her and kissed her making sure she would see how thankful he was to have her. Especially at times like this.

Upon hearing Jerrod's agreement, Riley smiled. She was beyond happy to be with Jerrod, and wanted to put the conversation behind them. The blonde wondered what their children would be like, if they would want to know about the dark in the world, or if they would stay ignorant, like Riley chose to be. And the fact that he was listening to what she was complaining about made it better too.
Riley giggled into the kiss that Jerrod gave her. Cupping one hand around Jerrod's face, she moved the other one to behind his head, and pulled him down with her on the couch. Riley moved her kisses along Jerrod's jaw line, towards his ear, before whispering, "I love you Jerrod."

Jerrod moved down to the sofa with Riley so that he was led on top of her. He heard her words in his ears and felt his heart skip a beat. Those words still surprised him. He knew how lucky he was and he couldn't believe it. "I love you to." Jer's lips brushed the side of Riley's ear as he spoke back. He slid his hand down her side and up her shirt so he had his hand on her waist. His heart was racing as he started to kiss her deeper, more passionately.

As Jerrod kissed her more passionately, Riley felt herself let go of any walls she had up. Keeping herself until marriage was something she always thought she would do, but at that moment and in their passion, Riley couldn't think of anything other than being with Jerrod. The blonde didn't stop kissing her partner as they moved up to the bedroom and she closed the door behind them.

Three Months Later

Nothing more than gentle kissing had been done since that wonderful night. Riley mostly blamed herself. She was feeling much more tired than usual, and she had blamed it on her work. Her band had started getting good gigs, and she was earning a handsome some of money, but even her band-mates had noticed her mood changing. After having missed her monthly for the third time, Riley knew something had to be up. The blonde was unsure as to how she felt about it. She was a bit scared to tell Jerrod, they were both still so young. She wasn't even married yet! But she had taken the test, and it was a bitter-sweet moment to see the pink mark show. Riley felt like she was going to be sick, and waiting on the couch for Jerrod to come home was nerve-wracking. The blonde wondered what her mother would think when she found out that her only daughter was pregnant. Sighing, Riley twiddled her thumbs, trying to get her brain to stop thinking as she waited for Jerrod.

Jerrod smiled as he walked through the front door of their house. He saw Riley sat on the sofa and walked over to her. There had been something different about her recently but he didn't know why. She had been moodier, short-tempered. He had tried his best to keep her happy but there was only so much he could do. She had been doing a lot of gigs so he guessed she was just tired and over worked.

Jerrod gently kissed Riley's lips and sat next to her. "Hello beautiful. How's your day been??" If she had any reason to be upset then he'd probably cook her tea or something. Make her favourite meal. Cheer her up. He didn't like seeing her this low. Especially seeing as she was always the happier, friendlier one of the two of them. It didn't seem right to him that she should suddenly be like this with no reason.

Jer put his hand on her's and waited for her answer as he looked into her eyes trying to see if he could work out what the problem was.

If Riley had thought she couldn't feel any sicker, she was wrong. As soon as Jerrod walked through the door, a new burst of butterflies set themselves loose in her stomach, and felt like they were going to explode. The blonde smiled a small smile when Jerrod kissed her, and took a deep breath when he asked how her day had been. How was she supposed to tell her boyfriend this news? She knew they wanted kids, but this soon? Her career hadn't fully taken off the ground yet. They weren't even married. Why did she let herself get into this mess? What if Jerrod freaked out? She hoped she wasn't about to drive him away. Riley mentally shook the thoughts away and answered Jerrod before she looked like a loony. "Okay. Yeah it was fine. Your day?" Riley asked not looking at Jerrod. But before the former Slytherin could get a word out, Riley looked at him. "I'm pregnant." She blurted out.

Jerrod had been about to tell her about his visit home. It was becoming a daily thing now as Riley was always at gigs at night and needed a lie in in the morning. It was better to leave her to rest and go and see his family for a bit.

His words were stopped before he could even start to say any of them as Riley spoke words he hadn't expected to hear for a few years. He felt like all his words had just bunched up and lodged in his throat restricting any noise from coming out of his mouth. Jerrod swollowed to clear his throat and looked at Riley. He noticed that she wasn't looking at him so he put his hand on her cheek and turned her face so she was looking at him. He kissed her lips and smiled into her eyes. "That's amazing." He didn't know what else to say. Obviously he was surprised by the news but he was overjoyed. He was going to be a dad. It was obvious when it had been conceived as they hadn't done much since that wonderful night. "Do you know whether it's a girl or a boy yet?? Or is it too early to know??" He may have grown up with lots of siblings but being one of the youngest meant he knew practically nothing about pregnancies.

Riley looked at Jerrod as he kissed her. Her heart filled up with joy when he stated it was amazing. Of course Riley was still nervous, but she didn't feel nearly as stressed as before. In fact, after the two small words, she was already beginning to feel excited. The young girl grabbed Jerrod's hands, and sat up straighter, holding his hands on her lap. "No, I don't know. It's too early, and I wouldn't have gone to find out without you." Riley said, looking in his eyes. "I want a boy first. I mean, I know I'll be happy with a girl, but I loved growing up with an older brother. What do you want first? Are you sure you're okay with this? I don't think there's anything we can do if you aren't okay with it, but I just can't believe we're having a baby!" Riley rambled, unable to stop herself. "I'm only three months pregnant from what I know. We can go see someone and find out all the stuff we need to, I mean, it's only six months until it comes, we've got so much to do!" The blonde said, bouncy up and down excited. It was incredible to think she had another human being inside of her. She was so scared that she was going to mess it up. Riley wanted to make sure they did everything right.

Jerrod couldn't help but feel happy when she said she wouldn't find out about the baby without him. It made him feel like he was an important factor in her life. He already knew that of course but it was nice having the proof every now and then. It was a good boost on his self esteem which was something he needed seeing as he couldn't find a job.
Jer nodded at what she said agreeing with every word. "Same. I've always looked up to Derv and so have most of my siblings." He couldn't imagine being the same way about an older sister. "Obviously I want a girl at some point but a boy would be great first." He knew he was starting to ramble a bit but he was so excited about it that he couldn't help himself. "Of course I'm okay with it. I mean, it's earlier than I would have wanted and it means that I need to try and get a job as soon as possible so we can pay for it but my parents were barely out of school when they had Derv and look at how successful they were. Both had well paying jobs and great relationships with all of us." He squeezed her hand in reassurance. "If you're not happy and want to wait a while before having a baby then I'm happy to wait with you and we'll try and find out what we can do but I am overjoyed about it and can't wait to hold our baby in my arms." He put emphasis on the word "our" showing that they were both in it together and he was never going to abandon her and his child.

Riley's smile grew bigger and bigger as Jerrod started to ramble also. She started to giggle and her eyes filled with joyful tears. She couldn't believe she was about to start a family with Jerrod, it was the most incredible feeling she had ever had. Riley knew her mother was probably going to flip that she was pregnant and not married, but she couldn't care less at that moment. She just wanted to enjoy this special time that she had with her partner. Riley shook her head vigorously when Jerrod asked if she wanted to wait. There was no way she'd give up her baby for anything. Riley moved to cuddle with Jerrod, incredibly happy, knowing they would spend the rest of their beautiful evening rambling about their excitement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back