Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual (Edmund)
Wand
Curly 9 1/2 Inch Sturdy Elm Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Follows The Real Story
Though it wasn't a very long walk to the Hospital Wing, by the time they got there, Analei had felt her nerves slip a bit. She was all courageous and ready to go a few moments before, but now that they were there, what would she say? How could she convince the nurse that they should know how the Professor was? Analei was sure that telling them about the rumors wouldn't help, even if they were there to figure out what really happened. She paused by the door and looked at Arvel, unsure what next to do.

Unlike Analei, Arvel hadn't ever been feeling very confident in the first place. The only reason he'd been brave enough to agree to visit the hospital wing and ask about Professor Pendleton was because Analei had been so enthusiastic about it, and now that her courage was slipping, so was his. He stared at the closed door, as if waiting for it to open by itself. What if they were turned away? Worse still, what if they weren't turned away, and the news was bad? "Um," said Arvel, realising Analei wasn't moving either. "Maybe we should just go."

As Arvel spoke, Analei turned to look at him. At his words, Analei's heart sank slightly, wondering if maybe he was right. She wasn't brave enough to do this; she was no Gryffindor! But she didn't want to let her new friend down. And she didn't want to let Professor Pendleton down, especially if she could help in some way. No, she had to be brave. Brave for her friends (and Professor?)! Analei shook her head at Arvel, taking a deep breath. "No, uh, we've come all this way! Might as well. Right?" She asked, but not waiting for an answer before she gently knocked on the door and opened it slightly, peeking inside. "Um, Professor Pendleton?"

Arvel's eyes widened in alarm, and he reached out slightly, almost as if to try to stop her. "No, really-" he started to say, but Analei had already opened the door. Ugh! He couldn't abandon her now - it would be too rude. Whether he liked it or not, they were in this together. Still, he hung back a bit behind her, hoping that maybe nobody would see him, and he would be spared the humiliation of being told to leave.

Clara had been attempting to get into the Hospital Wing to see Professor Pendleton all day. She'd been thwarted at every turn. Not this time. The nurse, who's name she had conveniently forgotten, had removed himself to do something and so Clara had snuck in, hiding in the shadows like she was prone to doing. Professor Pendleton was asleep and so he didn't notice her, but that was okay. She just didn't think he should be alone. She was happy he was getting the rest he clearly needed. A noise at the door alerted her and she thought it might have been the nurse or one of the Professors, but she peaked around the curtains and saw that it was a student who had stuck her head around the door. "Are you wanting to see Professor Pendleton?" She asked, seeing that the students seemed to be a little concerned. "He's asleep right now."

Zennon had been hanging around the Hospital Wing for a few hours now, but hadn't plucked up the courage to actually go in. When he was Analei and some other boy however, he immediately ran up to them, hugging Analei and nodding his head at the Hufflepuff boy he'd seen in classes. "Do you think we could sneak in? Have you seen Professor Pendleton, I feel so bad about what I said, I was so nervous, I thought he was dead! Merlin, do you think he heard any of it, Analei you weren't there, I was horrible." He said as he looked around the door with the pair. He was faced with an older girl, another Hufflepuff who looked like she'd been there a while. "Uhm... Analei?"

Arvel's attempt at stopping Analei was far too late, as she peered around the door. A hug from Zennon surprised Analei slightly, she didn't expect to see him, but she smiled when she did. Analei loved spending time with him. She tilted her head and looked at him, confused, when he mentioned he was horrible. "What did you do?" Analei asked.
As another voice spoke to them, Analei jumped slightly before seeing an older girl from her House peeking out from behind the curtain. She was surprised that there was someone already there, and that it was a student as well, but as Zennon put the choice on Analei, she took a deep breath, remembering to be brave. She pushed the door fully open, before smiling at Arvel who was hanging behind her. "Yes. Is he okay?" Analei asked, stepping forward with a false confidence, walking slowly towards the girl and Pendleton.

While Monty was asleep, Lucius Verdelet felt his stomach growl as he wondered into his office to get a big bag of salty chips. Not at all good for his health but his health, he did not care about. It was others. He opened the bag and popped a few in his mouth and exited his office, just to see several kids sneaking into the Wing, assuming that they were here to check on their Potions professor. As enduring as that was, the kids were clearly informed that their Head of Houses would know of his condition. Lucius approached them, swallowing his chips, "You guys better have limbs broken or a spell gone wrong to be in here."

Arvel had thought he and Analei were alone, so he was surprised, but not annoyed, when Zennon and an older Hufflepuff appeared out of nowhere. Embarrassed, Arvel skirted Zennon's gaze; though he couldn't say why, he didn't feel entirely comfortable in the Slytherin's presence. He didn't really feel comfortable in anyone's presence, but the discomfort was exaggerated in this case. He had no trouble believing the boy had said something horrible, at any rate.

The girl already inside the wing didn't tell the first years to leave, which seemed to indicate they were allowed to go in. Arvel swallowed nervously as they crept toward the curtain hiding Professor Pendleton from view. This wasn't right, either. He wanted to know how his professor was - he didn't want to see him, especially not asleep, and vulnerable. The Hufflepuff was trying to figure out how he could make a diversion when, mercifully, a nurse appeared. Even the embarrassment at being caught was better than having to see Professor Pendleton unconscious again. It was difficult enough to cope with the first time. Arvel went rigid with fear. "Um... Analei... wasn't feeling well," he said, lamely.

A new voice made Analei stop in her tracks and she winced, turning slowly to see the nurse standing there. The Hufflepuff girl had know idea what to do, but thankfully, Arvel spoke up. Analei nodded her head enthusiastically, agreeing that was indeed, why they were there. "Yes - that is - yes, I fell down, and I - hurt my arm." She said, before suddenly moving her left arm up to her tummy, and placing the right one underneath it, as if to support it.

Zennon blinked at Analei and her companion as they made up one of the worst lies he'd ever head in his life. He rolled his eyes. Looked like he was going to have to jump in here. "Look, I don't even know why these two are here." He said, sneering. "I didn't even push them that hard. They fell down the stairs on their own." He hoped that making it sound like he was a bully, at least Analei would be able to get into he room. Clearly they had no idea what they were doing on their own. Someone had to see what was going on.

Clara could not believe what she was hearing. Had these three done nothing? She shook her head at them. This was just embarrassing and what on Earth was that Slytherin doing? No-one had asked him why he'd pushed anyone down the stairs, like Lucius was going to believe that clear lie. He was almost as good of a liar as she was. Clara pushed herself in front of the younger students. They were under her protection now. "It was my fault." She said, looking over at Monty. "I wanted to see Professor Pendleton and they followed me trying to convince me to leave. Punish me if you want, but I won't be leaving until I know he's alright."

Lucius continued to munch on his bag of chips as they spoke, before smirking a little bit. Lucius used to be a trouble maker, so he knew how to see through that act easily. He sighed, "Your Potions professor will be fine. He needs his rest and I cannot allow students to come in and disturb him. Give him time to recover, and start thinking of what is best for him, opposed to what is best for you. Besides, your Heads of Houses are available for all questions as well." His eyes turned to the Slytherin before chuckling, "Except yours, so I would speak to Professor Pratt with the other Puffs here."

Arvel nearly slapped his forehead with his hand. He'd said Analei felt sick, not that she'd hurt her arm! The story was quickly changing, and after input from Zennon, Arvel rubbed his shoulder, pretending it was sore where he had also apparently fallen down the stairs. It was all a waste of time, though, because the older Hufflepuff stood in to cover for them. Her story was probably closest to the truth, anyway. Arvel breathed a sigh of relief as the nurse told them they couldn't see Professor Pendleton. He definitely wouldn't have let on to his friends - they'd have thought him a coward, for sure - but he really didn't want to see his professor like that. "OK," he said, trying to sound disappointed. "Thanks. We'll just go, then. Bye."

Analei turned at looked at Zennon, completely confused with what he was saying. When did he push them down the stairs? She noticed Arvel rubbing his shoulder and it clicked into her head that he was probably trying to go along with her story, but she didn't think anyone would buy him being a bully. The older Puff also jumped in with her account of the story, blaming herself which Analei felt bad about. It wasn't her fault. The Nurse replied, and Analei hung her head, feeling immediately bad. She had been trying to be brave, but he was right, they were only thinking of themselves. Trying to sneak in to see him was a bad idea, and she was beginning to feel glad that they were caught. Seeing him wouldn't have helped any of them. "Sorry." Analei added on to the end of Arvel's comment before turning, feeling defeated and walking out of the Wing, before turning to the group. "I'm sorry guys, that was all my fault, it was a terrible idea."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back