Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual (James)
Wand
Knotted 10 Inch Sturdy Aspen Wand with Boomslang venom Core
After the summer that Geo had had, she'd been nervous to return to the school and come face to face with a number of people. She didn't know where she stood, and she didn't know whether she could make things better. Over the years, the fourth year had gone through multiple developments with regards to her ability, but it was only now that she was finally giving in to who she truly was. After meeting Solomon she'd been quite adamant that it was best to appear to others as herself, however his recent words were ringing in her mind and the more she thought about it, the more she found the truth in the phrase. Sometimes she did just want to be someone else. There weren't many people like her, it was true, she had an ability that was rare and hard to find even among the wizarding world, but up until now she'd only considered using it for the times she really needed to, as though making the most of it to benefit herself would somehow make her an unworthy candidate.

While the Hufflepuff didn't believe in using anything to compete with others in an unfair advantage, she was finding herself in need of solace, but with the number of classes starting up again it wasn't as though she could just tuck herself away for weeks on end. Approaching the Great Hall for some lunch, the usually cheerful pink haired girl was barely recognisable, her features distorted and shoulder length brunette waves hung on her shoulders as she entered the room wearing a mask, a face that wouldn't be noticed nor remembered, allowing her to drift about the castle without interruption. She took a seat at the Ravenclaw table, it wasn't as though it mattered, and helped herself to some food that the elves had laid out for them, doing her best to keep up her appearance and to fly under the radar so she could eat in peace.

Kira had been eating her breakfast in silence, reading her copy of Cirque Du Freak by Darren Shan, when an unfamiliar face sat next to her. She let the girl eat in peace for a while, getting lost in the world of half-vampires and snake boys, before she finally looked up and asked the girl a simple question. "Excuse me?" She began, her voice soft, "Could you please pass the salt?"

Geo glanced up as another student asked her for a condiment that she would have considered strange to have over breakfast. Nevertheless the Hufflepuff moved it across to the girl, peering slightly at what she was reading as she did so. "That looks dangerous," she commented quietly. Some may have thought that it would imply Geo didn't like that, but in fact it was the opposite. She liked to hear about people who took risks, and it was those who would always play it safe that would annoy her most. More than anything though she was just looking for a distraction and figured it couldn't hurt to talk to the girl.

Kira smiled and took the salt from the girl. "Thank you." She sprinkled her food before setting it aside. The girl commented on her book then, and Kira gave her a bright smile. "Oh yes, it's a very exciting book. The series is full of peril and daring, though the hero is a bit reluctant I think he does quite well." Kira set the book down, a finger holding her place.

"Kira Wolf," she introduced herself with a warm smile.

It had been a long time since Geo had read anything remotely for the purpose of fun, although perhaps it was time to glance through something more interesting than a newspaper or textbook. Geo smiled at Kira although instantly realised she was out of depth a little when she knew she'd had to introduce herself. She would be found out if she was to give her real name, although wasn't that part of being a Metamorphmagus? To be able to be somebody else when she had to. She hadn't planned to speak to anyone, and if she hesitated too long it would be obvious something was amiss. She didn't even have a middle name to fall back on. "Violet," she said briefly, dropping her eyes for a moment unsure of where that had come from. Not wanting the girl to press into too many details about her fake persona, Geo tried to keep up the hoodwink, nodding instead to the girls book again. Sometimes she wondered if she'd made a good Ravenclaw. "Do you read a lot? Fiction I mean," it may have been a ruse but recommendations wouldn't have gone amiss.

Kira could sense the girls hesitancy, but Kira was never one to pry. If Violet felt like she had something to keep to herself, than far be it from Kira to decide she couldn't. "It's nice to meet you, Violet." She responded with a warm smile. Violet asked her then if she read much fiction and Kira giggled a little. "Oh, I have my own little library at home with books I like to read. Lord of the Rings, the Hunger Games, Green Angel, Song of the Sparrow, there are plenty of them that I find relaxing. I still do a lot of reading for school, though," She confided in the girl, sensing that she wouldn't want to talk much about herself. "There are so many fascinating things to learn, and if I can eventually use any of it to help my sister's life be a bit easier, then I can count all my time in the library as well spent."

She smiled at Violet. "If you want, you could borrow one of my books. It's always nice to lose yourself in some far-away land."

Geo listened as Kira spoke about her library, listing a few books she thought the Orphanage used to have available, although most of the books owned by that school were well worn and rarely replaced. It would have been a lucky find if she could get one of one that hadn't had the cover torn off by one of the resident Kneazles. "You have a sister?" She asked, wondering if she was already at the school or not. With no siblings of her own she liked to hear about other families stories too, although she was still grateful for the bonds since had with those of her friends. Her smile faltered only for a second as she recalled that James wouldn't be around the school this year, as though there needed to be more difficult situations between herself and the Cades at the moment. "I would like that. Thanks," she said, although immediately regretting her decision. If she were to befriend Kira then she was going to need to remember her current appearance, keep it up at all times, and that was going to get difficult. Trying not to panic about getting ahead of herself and her abilities, she pushed on, clinging at any other topic she could come up with. "Are you a first year? Have you made any other friends in our house?" she asked, glancing up and down the Ravenclaw table, careful not to slip up.

Kira nodded. "An older sister, yes. She's 22, she's taking care of me." Kira couldn't help but smile a bit, proud of her older sister. She took a bite of her food, handing her copy of Cirque du Freak over to the girl. "I have the rest of the series, if you're interested after this." She told her. "I'm a second year, but I spend most my time in the library. I do have a few friends though." Kira took another bite of her food.

"Have you read a lot of fiction?" She asked then, taking a sip of her water. She hadn't seen Violet around before, but it never hurt to make a new friend.

It was good that Kira had someone like a sister to take care of her. Sometimes, some of the older children at the orphanage would take care of the younger ones and since they could have been from just a few days old to aged eleven, there was certainly some relationships similar to that of siblings available to them. Geo took hold of the book, giving it a quick flick through. "Thanks," she smiled, willing to give it a go even if it wasn't what she would usually be found reading. Feeling a little bad about getting the age of the girl wrong, she was grateful that she didn't seem to focus on it too much. "Not really. I mean I suppose I used to, but not since joining Hogwarts. Running is usually more my thing," she said truthfully, a sport she'd managed to keep up since she'd started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back