Trippin', Stumblin', Flippin', Fumblin'

Merlin Schopenhauer

There were so many of Merlin's classmates complaining about the extra workload during second year, but the Gryffindor student could only imagine that it would get worse as the years went by. Consequently he enjoyed the challenges with good spirits and did his best to keep up, but sometimes when he fell behind, it was rather more literal than intended. The twelve-year old was hurrying up the stairs to the first floor to get to History of Magic, late for class for the first time this semester, when he took a tumble that sent his books cascading down the stairs, and him with them. Bruise and embarrassed, Merlin counted himself lucky that no one else was around, at least to his eyes, and lamented being even later for class. "Accio schoolbooks," he sighed, which turned into a grunt as he received a face full of textbooks. Today was a complete write-off, he could tell already.

Whenever Sophia walked anywhere, she always seemed to try and do it at the fastest pace possible. She had places to be, and things to do, and she didn't have time to waste dawdling around on the way there. There was a boy up ahead of her, and though he was hurrying about as fast as she was, Sophia didn't think he was doing it on purpose. She would have paid him no mind, actually, if it hadn't been for the fact that the boy suddenly took a rather hurtful looking fall down the stairs. Sophia gasped quietly and stopped in her tracks, torn between the natural desire of wanting to help the boy and the second-hand embarrassment that urged her to let him live out this moment unaware that anyone had been there to witness it. It was him hitting himself in the face with the textbooks that did it, and Sophia couldn't help but rush forward to offer... awkward assistance. "Um, hello." She began cautiously. "I saw you... er, I mean. Do you need help? Can I help?" The situation suddenly became more awkward. Not just because of the way she had announced herself, but because she also recognised this boy - he was her target in the Assassin game. Sophia stared at him in dismay. To go after him now would just be cruel. She couldn't do it... could she? Her hand wavered nervously near the pocket holding her wand.

OOC: You said OSW and I'm a chronic over-writer but I trieddd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back