OOC First Name
Annabelle
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Knotted 10 1/2 Inch Flexible Pear Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Daniel sat in one of the lower branches of the tree he had scaled, reading a book. It was a school book, but he was mostly reading it for interest. Some types of magic still amazed him, mostly the stuff he hadn't heard of or seen. It was crazy seeing older students who seemed to know everything and knowing he would one day be like that. Making quick notes in the notebook in his lap, he thought about the idea of doing something in the magical world. What kinds of jobs did they have? There seemed to be endless different roles. Much more exciting than sitting in an office, like his Dad hoped he would do. He was happily in his own world when someone spoke to him, causing him to drop his notebook out of the tree.

Alexei appears roaming the great lawn in search for his twin sister, Ana. He looked everywhere for any sight of her, unless she was up in Ravenclaw's tower, where else could she possibly be? Alexei sighs, picking up his search. It hasn't reach the level where he should be concern and might have to report his sister missing to the head of house. She'll show up to lessons during the week, that's why he didn't jump to report her right away. While he had been searching, someone up a tree came into his view. "Hi," Alexei pokes his head from around the tree, waving a greeting the boy. "Oops, let me get that for you," Alexei jumps to retrieve the notebook that fell.

Daniel hoped down out of the tree and smiled. He picked up the notebook and said,"It's no trouble, I was just surprised. Did you need help with anything?" He wasn't used to being spoken too, unless he knew the person well or it was someone asking for something. The boy looked familiar, so Daniel guessed that he was in the same year as him. He wasn't in Ravenclaw, since the boy wore yellow instead of blue.

Alexei stood back quickly as the boy went to fetch the notebook himself. Alexei shook his head, "Nope...actually...," he stops to face the castle. There were other kids from other houses running around but none of them seems to be Ana. "No, I don't need any help. Maybe later on," Alexei divert his attention away from the castle. Ana will show up at dinner, there was nothing to worry about he tells himself. "I saw you were up the tree and wanted to join you, is there any space up there?"

Daniel laughed."There's heaps of room! Come on up." He made his way up the tree, hoping he didn't drop any of his stuff on the boy's head. Once they had made it up there, Daniel turned to the boy and held out his hand."Daniel. I'm in Ravenclaw. You're in Hufflepuff, I'm guessing?" Since the boy was wearing yellow, Daniel assumed that was the case. He didn't think the other houses had yellow as their colour.

"Oh, okay," Alexei exclaimed with a smile and reach for the boy's hand to climb on. Steady as he went, he used his other free hand to climb and in time found his way up sitting next to the boy. "Yeah, I'm Alexei! Thanks for helping me," the young Hufflepuff dust his clean of small twigs or whatever dirt that got on his hands. "I like climbing trees, it's fun sometimes, especially the really big ones. You can have picnics on them!"

"Picnics? In trees?!" Daniel had never thought about that before. His sisters had been too small to follow him when he began climbing trees. And since his Dad had very rarely let him have friends over, the few that he had, it had never occurred to him that people could have a picnic in a tree."The only picnics I've had have been with my younger sisters. Mostly with dolls," he laughed.

Alexei nods and gave a laugh. "Yeah you can! If it's big enough, and sturdy enough. I don't think you can have picnics in small ones," mused the boy. "I have a sister, a twin actually," Alexei sits up straighter on the branch he was balanced on. "How old is your sister? Does she goes to this school? Mine does, she in your house. Maybe you've met her already?"

Daniel laughed."Now I can imagine myself falling out of a tree!" He wondered if he had met Alexei's sister before."My sister's in her first year here, she's a Gryffindor. What's your sister's name? I'm sure I've probably seen her in our common room." He guessed that would be the most likely place to see someone from his house, since he spent most of his time there.

Alexei scrunched his brows, almost grinning at the boy. "What, why would you fall!? Don't have a picnic on a smaller tree if you're going to have one. That's the only way you'll fall," the boy mused. He wouldn't want to wish that on the boy, he seems really nice and he liked climbing trees. "First year? How does like she like it so far," Alexei would ask, and was trying to remember if his sister liked being called by her full name or not. "Anastasiya or Ana for short! She has almost like blonde hair and well, she looks like me."

Last edited:
Daniel laughed."I haven't seen many big trees at home that are easy to climb. I mean, not if I had to carry things for a picnic too." He shrugged."I haven't seen her around much, to be honest. I think she's enjoying though, since she hasn't complained to me about it." He thought about if he had met Alexei's sister."Hmm, I can't remember. I'm sure I've seen her in class though. There's so many people to remember!"

"That's good, it wouldn't be nice if she wasn't enjoying Hogwarts. It would make it harder for you, right?" Alexei questions the boy and nods. "There are a lot of people to remember. My mom and dad went to this school, they said it was like that when they came here. So many come and go," Alexei shares with the boy, his parents hardly ever meet up with old friends and if they did it was purely coincidental. It's kinda sad how life took over and friendships seem to have vanished with his parents. He hopes that doesn't happen to him, he likes the friends he made so far at Hogwarts. "Hey, want to race? Come on, it'll be fun!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back