Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Straight as a Bendy Straw
Wand
Curly Eight Inch slightly springy Rosewood with a unicorn hair core
Damien hummed, setting the folders down onto his kitchen table. A steaming, hot pot of gumbo sat on the counter, ready to be served, and he had a mocha in hand. He had shot Dani a text to see if she was willing to come over. They were engaged now, after all, and there were plans to be planned. He didn't remember if she was free that day, but he thought she might be. He had a spare mocha steaming and ready for her in the seat across from him in case she was. He opened one of the magazines and began to flip through it, sipping his mocha as he waited for his fiancee to arrive.

Danielle just came out from the pastry shop with a box of macarons before heading over to Damien's when she got a text. Speak of the handsome specimen, she chuckled as she read the text. She went ahead and quickly made to her fiance's house. Letting herself in, she smelled mocha in the air and followed it into the kitchen. "Hey, darling.", she placed the box on the table after dropping a sweet kiss on his lips. She settled on the chair across him and picked up the cup. "Is this mine?", she teased. Taking a sip, she moved to open the box to reveal the sweets inside.

Damien smiled as Dani appeared, enjoying the kiss she placed on his lips. He sipped his mocha, flipping another page. "Hello, darling." He greeted cheerily. "0f course, " he told her. "Oh, sweets." He reached out and snatched one, popping it into his mouth with a satisfied smile. "So, " he started after a moment. "We have a wedding to plan." He winked playfully at her.

Danielle smiled into her mocha before a macaron herself. "I know you love your sweets, Damien.", she teased. She softly moaned because of the sweetness of the treat. Judging from the magazines sprawled on the table, she already knew what the agenda was for that day. She still could not believe that she was engaged to this man across her. She had to look at her ring to be reminded of it. She was getting excited about the wedding now that they had decided on a snowy one next year. It seemed that Damien was excited just like her. She also found it endearing that he would be really involved in the planning. "That we do.", she laughed. "A winter wedding. I love it.", she pulled a magazine toward her. It featured bridal gowns and accessories. She did not need accessories. The necklace and her engagement ring given by Damien were more than enough for her.

Damien smiled. "Must be why I love you," He teased lightly as he took another macaroon. He flipped the page. "The dresses for you and your bridesmaids are up to you. I'll take care of me and Coop's suits. We should have a color scheme though. Maybe... forest green and deep blue?" He asked playfully. He sipped his mocha. "Oh, I was thinking I could invite the Michaels family to be the band. Ember sang for you when I asked you out, remember? Turns out, her little brother plays bass and her twin cousins are drums and guitar. Thought it might be nice. A touch sentimental." He winked playfully.

Danielle chuckled at Damien's reply. "Of course, you do. I love you too." She nodded as she listened to Damien while she listed who her bridesmaids were. She did not have any sisters that she could ask out and the only girl she could ask was Amy Applewhite who she did not actually know where could be. This somehow put a sad smile on her face which she quickly wiped off so that her fiance would not notice. "Color scheme, huh? I personally love the forest green. How about you, darling?", asking the man's opinion. Taking a sip of her own mocha, she hummed in agreement. "Ember's amazing, love." An idea came to her mind. "My cousin, Morwen, also sings. Maybe they can perform a duet if she's up for it.", she suggested. This could also mean she could get her cousin date and be less sheltered from her aunt. "Should we also start drawing up a list of guests?", she asked her fiance, knowing that with both of their statuses since they started dating, it would be a big wedding.

Damien noticed the small look of sadness Dani tried to hide. He stood, bringing his chair next to hers before dropping back into it and laying his arm around her shoulders. "I like the deep blue better, " he murmured, leaning in to nibble her neck. He nodded at her idea. "I can ask. I don't think she'll say no." He nuzzled into her neck, sufficiently distracted from his previous plans. "mhmm," He agreed vaguely as she mentioned something about a guest list, kissing her lower jaw.

Danielle smiled as Damien came round to sit beside her. When his arm came around her, she reached to thread her fingers to his. Suddenly, she felt ticklish resulting from his sweet assault on her neck. "Darling, it tickles.", she giggled. "I can send a text to Morwen as soon as he receives the invitation to the wedding.", she replied, her breath hitched when Damien made his way to her lower jaw. "Damien...", she whispered, her hand tightening against his hand. She turned to give her a sweet kiss on the lips before resting her forehead against his, her hand on his chest. "Slow down, mister.", she joked. "Guestlist, darling?", she added with a teasing smile.

Damien was hardly listening as Dani continued with wedding plans. "Mhmm," He murmured vaguely, enjoying himself far too much to really care. He leaned into her kiss, smirking a bit to himself, but his hand hadn't even made it all the way to her hair before she'd stopped him. "Fine," He pouted, stealing another swift kiss before sitting up. "I'll put down everyone on my side while you do yours." He told her, setting to work scribbling out names. He wasn't surprised when there weren't many on his side, and added a plus one to each of his guests to build up the number. He looked up to Dani when he was done. "I was thinking maybe we should get married at the Inn. It was where we had our first date and Tyra already informed me that she won't charge us. I won't tell you how soon after our date was that she told me that, though," He teased her with a wink.

Danielle giggled at Damien’s pout. She gasped when her fiance stole another kiss before sitting up. She threaded her arm through his before leaning on his shoulder. “Oh, darling.”, she cooed before she worked on her list. All her brothers and their dates, if they had one. She knew Dominic would bring Rowan. Her aunts and uncles would be there too along with her cousins. Kace being the youngest will be the only one of student age. She wondered if she should also send an invite to her Aunt Eleanor who was currently based in the UK. With the family list done, she worked on adding the team with their coach to the list. “Damien, I was thinking of who else to add. Friends, colleagues. I already added the team.”, she said when a crazy idea came to her. “If that’s okay, I’ll send an owl to Hogwarts for the professors. And another invite to a couple of friends back in school.” She held her breath before adding, “And I was thinking of inviting Teagan.” Her heart was worried Damien would be pissed at what she was suggesting.
When Damien mentioned the inn, it was the same moment when Danielle flipped to a page on wedding venues. One place caught her eye and she fell in love with it. She glanced at Damien with an innocent smile before looking at the page again, taking in the details. Shaking her head, she flipped to another page before replying to Damien. "Sure, we can do that. Tyra’s got you all figured out then huh?”, she teased him.

Damien smiled as Dani cooed. She was adorable. He turned back to her as she spoke again. "That would be a good idea." He nodded, thinking it would add to the guest list in a good way. "Speaking of school, I heard something interesting. Apparently, Ember's little sister has a crush on a boy named Kace. Isn't he related to you somehow?" He asked, only sorta sure he was. "I'm sure she'll ask him as her date." He grinned. Ah, young love.

He paused as Dani suggested inviting Teagan. "Well, I suppose you could," He spoke slowly. "I don't see why, but I don't really care one way or the other." He told her. He hadn't even thought of Teagan in so long. He was unsurprised that he didn't really feel anything at the thought of her. Ah, well. He took a sip of his mocha, glancing at the page Dani kept looking at. "We could go there instead of the Inn," He offered, noticing how she tried not to look too much at it. "We can always hang out at the Inn whenever." He gave her a grin.

He laughed as she teased him back about his sister-in-law. "Tyra is usually pretty intuitive." He agreed. "Though that might have dimmed a bit with the triplets driving her insane." He wondered briefly about Dani being a mother. "Do you want a baby?" He blurted without thinking, then shot up straight in his seat. "I, ah, maybe, that is, heh," He rubbed the back of his neck.

Danielle nodded enthusiastically as she added Professor Alicastell, inviting the professors to the wedding guest list. She laughed as she listened to her fiance talking about Ember’s sister and her cousin, Kace. “Kace is my cousin who lives in New York. I guess Uncle Raphael has not told him yet. Kace can do a dance number since he is what he calls “Popping Prince”. He can ask his date to be his partner.” She took note of Kace and put a plus one beside his name. “What’s her name?”, she asked so that she could write it down too.
The woman observed Damien’s expression at the mention of Teagan. She admired how well he was holding up and did not even care about it. “Darling, I don’t want to upset you. I found out that she was actually my cousin’s best friend and she might be his date.”, she explained calmly. She would not push the issue if this would put a strain on the process. Wide green eyes met the blue eyes in excitement. “For real?! I don’t want to hurt Tyra’s feelings if we would not have the ceremony at the Inn.”, she reasoned out, although it was already evident in her face that she was more excited at the idea of having the wedding there. She already snuggled in his arms after she threw her arms around his neck.
Danielle laughed along in agreement with Damien’s comment about Tyra. She had met the woman on their first date although the woman already knew her because of the dress Damien asked her to make. Just as she took a sip of her mocha, her fiance blurted out, asking her about a baby. “Oh, darling.”, she laughed, leaning up to kiss his lips briefly. “Of course, I do. A little girl with your eyes or a boy with mine will complete our family.” There is no need to tease the man. It was already enough that he shocked himself with the question.

Damien chuckled as Dani started to eagerly add names to the guest list. "New Yorker, eh? He must be fun." He crossed Amaya off of his list so Dani could add her to hers. "Her name is Amethyst, but she hates being called that. She goes by Amaya." He shook his head, a coy smile. "Ember teases her about it a lot."

He took a sip of his mocha again as Dani said she didn't want to upset him. "Darling," He set his mocha down, turning and taking her hands in his. "I am about to marry the smartest, sweetest, kindest, most beautiful woman I have ever known. I can't remember the last time I thought of Teagan Maxwell- and thinking of her now, it's nothing. If someone brings her as a date to my wedding, I doubt I'll even notice. I don't know about you," He leaned closer, brushing her hair from her eyes. "But I'm pretty sure I'll be a bit distracted by some beautiful brunette in a white dress. I won't have eyes for anything- or anyone- else." He murmured, leaning in and pressing a chaste kiss to her cheek.

He chuckled as she seemed to light up over the idea. "Darling, Tyra will be grateful she doesn't have to manage a wedding at the Inn with all of her workers being guests." He winked at her as he sat back. "Besides, it is a beautiful avenue." He couldn't help but smile as she threw her arms around his neck, snaking his around her waist and returning her hug.

He couldn't meet Dani's gaze, his cheeks burning with embarrassment. Then Dani kissed him and he felt himself relax. "Mmm," he had to admit that the picture she painted was the most appealing thing in the world right now. "Maybe we can get started on that family, then," He teased, feathering a few kisses along her neck. He knew she would make him get back to work, but he couldn't pass up the opportunity to smother his bride-to-be in kisses.

Danielle nodded as she wrote Amaya beside Kace’s name. If anything she remembered with Ember, she was certain Amaya was a lovely girl. “I love her name. Amethyst. It sounds like a precious gem. Same goes for Ember and Sapphire.”, she commented. Talking about relatives made the woman realized once more that it was really happening. That in a matter of weeks, their families would be joined together through their marriage. “You’ll get to meet my cousins as well which would be a surprise, considering I may have never mentioned them to you.”, she laughed. Her family was too big and too scattered for them to be in one place at the same time. Plus Kamilia Corelli was the type of woman who knew how to make a person very uncomfortable and inadequate. “I’m wondering why I’ve never heard anything from Mother.”, she thought out loud. Ever since the last letter that she showed Damien, her mother did not write again. Dominic did not even mention anything as well.
Danielle just shrugged at Damien’s reply, clearly satisfied. The Hufflepuff may have a genuine hear but she could not help but feel protective over Damien against the woman. Royalty or not, Teagan did not have any right to just play with a man’s feelings. She may need to have a word with Seth about this best friend of his although she was confident that her forensic pathology cousin could handle himself. She let herself enjoy herself with talks about wedding plans with Damien, delighting at the idea of having the wedding at Markovina. "I can still ask Tyra to plan the wedding venue if she was up for it. I am sure Cassi would love to pitch in on the planning as well.”, she suggested to her fiance.
Danielle squealed when she was smothered with kisses. “Damien, stop!!”, she laughed out loud, tickled by his lips along her neck. She knew he was just kidding and she was willing to play along. However, “How about we get started on the wedding itself before the family part, Mr. Gates?”, she gently chastised with a teasing smile. She gave him a quick kiss on the lips, her green eyes dancing with amusement.

Slight godmod approved by Arle

Damien chuckled. "Indeed it does. Her little brother Jasper calls them the gemstones. It's a family theme, based on their grandmother Ruby." He smiled. It was a nice thought. "Do you remember James? He's Ember's uncle." Damien snapped his fingers. "I almost forgot to add James to the list. How silly of me." He shook his head and jotted the name down.

Damien took another sip of his mocha. "You know, Dani, outside of your brothers, you haven't said much about your family. And even then you've only really spoken of Dominic." He scooted closer, placing his chin in his hands. "What's your family like?" He had never heard back from her mother, but if she hadn't either, then he would consider it a success in getting Mrs. Correlli to stop bothering her daughter about such things.

He chuckled as she offered to let Tyra plan the wedding. "No, darling, she has her hands full with the triplets. If you really wanted, we could ask Tyra's younger sister Kira to help Cassi. Kira is an absolute sweetheart." He smiled warmly. "We get along famously. She's the sister I didn't ask for," He chuckled. "You'll love her, I promise." He made a face. "Even if she is dating Caelan Maxwell."

His thoughts brought back by the thought of Teagan's cousin or... whoever he was, Damien sighed heavily and ran a hand through his hair. "Dani, there's something you should know." He turned towards her but didn't raise his eyes to her. "I always knew something was wrong with Teagan and I's relationship because... because we slept together." He winced. "And she... I had suspected before that there was someone else on her mind. But after that, I knew. I may have been the one there with her, but..." He sighed. "It's... my main regret from dating her. That I gave so much of myself to someone who didn't... couldn't do the same." He rubbed his neck awkwardly.

He was happily distracted when she turned and kissed him, pouting as she suggested on the wedding first. "Mmmm... nope." He teased, reaching out and snatching her from her chair. He pulled Dani into his lap, wrapping an arm around her waist and tangling his other hand in her hair as he brought her in for a slow, languid kiss. It felt right to hold her in his arms. Knowing that a girl like her could love him, it made his heart ache in the best way.

Danielle chuckled at Damien's forgetfulness. For someone as thoughtful as him, he forgot one tiny detail such as James Michaels whom she met when the man picked her up for their date. She pondered for a moment about what Damien said about her family. True enough, he met Dominic and knew about her mother's letters. However, he knew nothing about her family. She scooted closer, matching his position. "Well, you knew my mother through the letters already. You've met Dominic. He's my third older brother.", she slowly added the last part to gauge his reaction. "I have four brothers, all older than me. Dalton, Damari, Dominic, Damon. Then me, Danielle. Their only little sister.", she chuckled after she said it. "You're lucky, it was only Dominic who met you. I was way closer to him although I love all of them.", she teased the man. Danielle could not risk letting all four alone with Damien.
Danielle nodded, "Of course. Tyra would have her hands full. How silly of me to forget that." She went silent when Damien mentioned Teagan again, admitting that they slept together. Having known how the woman hurt him, it came as no surprise for her that they slept together in the past. She was glad that it happened before they met. She could not imagine what she would do if it happened to her when she started dating him. Cupping his cheek, she smiled, "As long as it was over, I don't care. It does not matter anymore. We matter.", she said. The woman squealed when she was pulled onto his lap before claiming her lips. She responded enthusiastically, wrapping her arms around his neck, tangling her hands through his hair. She loved him, as much as he did. That alone mattered to her. She pulled back gently, leaning against his forehead as she caught her breath. "I'd be happy to give you children the moment we get to honeymoon.", she whispered.
Danielle remembered something that she wanted to talk about. "Darling, there was someone I wanted to invite. Well, three actually. I already penned the letter to Silus although I am unsure if he'll come. I haven't sent it yet as I want you to know and be a part of the decision." Damien knew how the man was a part of her life. Still a part of her and she hoped he would be fine with it. "The other two, we parted on unfriendly terms although I ran into Aion a few weeks back before our engagement. His wife, Cyan, she and I were not okay when I left school. I hope it's okay by you for me - us - to invite them.", she added softly. She wondered if Damien could tell that once in the past, Danielle had feelings for the former classmate. If that would be the case, she was hoping that her fiance could see that she was over it already and this was just a friendly invite to an old friend. After all, the wedding would be grand with all the attendees and the people who knew them.

Damien's brows raised a bit as Dani told him how many brothers she had. "Darling," He stated, "They're going to kill me," He joked lightly, running a thumb over her cheek. "You've met Cooper. Have you met Jason? He's Tyra's husband. He's magic, but he works at a muggle hospital." He chuckled. "So he knew Tyra was pregnant before she did." He winked playfully. "At least you can surprise me. Other than my brothers, though, it was just my mom and my aunt. She never had any children." He shrugged. "She's pretty reclusive, too. We can send her an invite, but I doubt she'll come."

Damien couldn't help the relief that washed through him as Dani told him it didn't matter. He was sure the love he felt for the woman in his arms came through in his kiss. He could stay like this forever. He moved a hand up to tangle in her hair, but just as he was really getting into it she pulled back. He groaned. "Then let's go get married now," he pouted, moving to nibble on her neck.

He knew she was right though, so with a sigh he pulled away. She brought up something then, invitations for more people. "Darling, invite anyone you want," He shrugged. "I'm sure I won't have eyes for anyone but you." He grinned, running the back of his hand lightly down her cheek.

All Dani did that day was laugh at every single thing they were talking about. No matter what it was about, the couple managed to make everything lighter and less serious. "They'll adore you. Like Dominic." Her man of a brother may be tough but she knew he was a big softie.
The kiss said it all. As much as Dani wanted it to deepen and all they would be doing all day, Damien originally planned this day for wedding planning. At his groan, she laughed even more. "Damien! It tickles." she squealed at the nibble on her neck. "As much as we want to get married, we can't or everybody would be on our backs for years. Especially my brothers." Not meeting her fiance was fine for them since Dom was there but to be not at the wedding would be an entirely different story.
She sighed as she leaned her cheek in his hand. "You spoil me too much. I don't know what I ever did to deserve you." she smiled. "I'll have my eyes only for you too." she added with a wink.

Damien laughed and set her down in her own chair. "Alright, you," He chuckled. "I'll behave. I don't want to make you a widow a few hours into our marriage." He teased gently, running his hand lightly against her cheek. He chuckled at her sweetness and snaked a hand down to intertwine their fingers. "You know, wedding plans are very grand. We have the venue, the guest list, the band. We still need to decide on the invitations, the rings, the decor, the cake." He brushed her hair behind her ear. "And I have a few ideas I can show you. There is one question though. Where do you want to live? Cooper will still be living with me until he graduates, so if you'd like, we can stay here, in mom's house, then, maybe," He gave her a grin. "When he graduates, we can find a place of our own. I know he likes the place more than I do."

Dani's heart was filled with happiness at Damien's loving treatment. The man had been great with her and despite the slight fight they had, they both couldn't stay mad at each other. Damien was listing the things they had to prepare for the wedding to which she already knew and still had to get ideas of when her wonderful fiance once again made things smooth for her. "Really? Show me, darling. I'm sure they are all wonderful.", she said excitedly. On the subject of the house, Dani noted his concern about it which she found amusing. "Darling, anywhere is fine. As long as we are happy, together. I'll be more than contented already." She could easily apparate or by floo network for Quidditch practices and games.

Damien smiled and pulled out his notebook. He had a cake Cooper had suggested, a winter wonderland theme, and the invitations. He even reached into his pocket and pulled out the wedding rings. "For you, my sweet." He kissed her forehead. "This will go lovely with your engagement ring." He winked playfully. "Do you have a flower girl or ring-bearer? I can scrounge up a perfectly adorable ring bearer if you don't have one, but all I have for a flower girl is Kira." He chuckled. "She's almost sixteen, though, I don't know if a seventeen-year-old is the best idea. What do you think?" He asked, scooting closer and placing a hand on Dani's knee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back