Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Swishy Walnut Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Ava was in desperate need of this. She had a huge, thick poster paper hanging over the wall opposite of her, and tarps all over the floor. It was amazing the things her dad would get for her when she asked. She had dozens of paint cans everywhere, and old clothes that she didn't mind getting dirty. She had a large blanket fort on the opposite wall, full of blankets and pillows and Lily's muffins and some sodas. She still hoped Lars would come along and join her, but for now she expected to be alone. Stretching, she shut her eyes and let the peacefulness of the room soothe her before she got into it. She had brought along an enchanted radio for some music, and had muffled the room so no one would hear if she started yelling.

It had taken Lars a lot of going back and forth before finally deciding to take Avaria up on her offer. He had assumed she had only invited him to be polite, but her idea of throwing paint to let off some steam was a good one, and it had stuck in his mind ever since. He headed up to the north tower, glancing around nervously before heading into the room at the top. He didn't think they were doing anything wrong, but he still felt strangely nervous about it all. As he looked at Avaria, he realized she had her eyes closed and seemed to be listening to the music. Hesitantly, Lars closed the door behind him. "Uh, hi." He said nervously.

Ava glanced up when she heard someone speak, eyes brightening when she saw Lars. "Hi!" She chirped brightly. She skipped over, hugging him quickly. "I'm so glad you could make it! Come on!" She skipped back to the paint. "This always helps clear my head," She winked, reaching into a can and just grabbing a handful of green paint. Without any further ado, she whirled up and flung the glob at the poster. She giggled as it hit the paper with a satisfying thwack. She smiled at Lars. "Come on, your turn."

Lars winced as Avaria hugged him and he took a step back. He knew she was very touchy-feely, but he wasn't so much. He brushed himself off a bit, nervous. He observed what Avaria did, noticing how she grabbed the green paint with her hand before throwing it at the poster. He glanced over at her as she said it was his turn. He headed over, grabbing a handful of blue paint and throwing it at the poster too with as much force as he could. It landed next to the green paint, overlapping a bit. He looked over at her again for what to do next.

Ava noticed Lars stepping back, making a mental note to watch his personal space. She smiled, giggling as he threw the paint. "Just go with it," She told him, winking playfully and moving to the blue paint, throwing it without looking where. The release felt good, and she started bouncing along with the music, grabbing various colors as the mood hit and throwing them full force at the poster paper.

Lars watched Ava for a moment, trying to see what exactly she was doing. It took him a second, but then he joined her. He grabbed red paint and started throwing it at the paper with increasing anger. Then he added orange, and yellow. He missed the poster a few times, creating more of a mess, but he didn't stop. He finally grabbed two handfuls of paint and just threw them blindly in that direction, imagining it was Elliot. He lowered his hands then, red paint still dripping as he realized he had started to cry. He wiped his face with his sleeve, shoulders slumping. He really did feel a bit better, though it had also drawn some emotions to the surface.

Ava stepped back after a few good throws, feeling better already. She cleaned her hands as she watched Lars. He seemed to have needed this more than she did. With a soft smile she stepped closer. She didnt hug him this time, but offered him a rag to clean her hands. "I think I'm ready for something to drink. Do you want some?" She asked.

Lars quietly cleaned his hands, a little embarrassed he had started to cry in front of Avaria like that. But thankfully she ignored it. "Thank you." He said, nodding. "And... sorry." he said awkwardly, gesturing to his face with hands still stained with paint.

Ava shook her head. "Lars," She smiled, wiping a tear away with her thumb. "You never need to apologize to me for how you feel. Your feelings are yours, and worth validation. Come on," she tried to pull him gently to the blanket fort with her. She sat down and picked up a few drinks, holding one out. "I'm here if you ever want to talk. Or just throw paint and scream. Whatever you need," she smiled softly.

Lars sighed softly and looked down at Ava, nodding slowly at her words. He then took a deep breath. "Thank you." He said softly, "this helped." He murmured as he headed to the blanket fort with her. He sat down, folding his long legs so he could fit in it. "I don't really know if I want to talk. I just... have to accept I liked Elliot more than he liked me." He said quietly. "I thought we would be together forever, I was kind of silly." He said sadly, looking down. "But... I just need time to get over it. I think." He added quietly.

Ava smiled, listening to him talk and sipping her drink. "Well, if you don't want to talk you don't have to." She held her drink in her hands. "I won't be in school next year. But you can write me if you want to. We can talk about pretty much anything," She gave him a warm smile, shifting to face him. "So! You're an artist too?" She tucked her legs under her. "What do you like to do? What's your medium? I'll sketch sometimes but mostly I love to paint."

Lars had just said he didn't know if he wanted to talk about it, but was still a little disappointed when Ava dropped the subject immediately. He guessed he did want to talk about it a little, but he couldn't expect her to read his mind. Especially when he barely understood his own mind. He frowned as she said she wouldn't be there next year. "Why not? Are you transferring?" He asked, surprised to feel a bit disappointed at the thought. He had started to like her. "I prefer to paint too... though sketching is relaxing." He said quietly.

Ava offered Lars a drink. "I'm taking the year off to spend with my dad. He left when I was very little. He didn't come back until just before I started school. When I graduate I'm getting an apartment with my best friend. If I don't take this next year off I don't think I'll ever know him." She explained with a shrug. She smiled softly. "Do you still paint things that remind you of him?" She asked quietly. "Or am I the only one that still creates for someone that didn't love me as much as I loved them?"

Lars frowned a little in confusion. "Taking the year... off? You can do that?" He asked, not sure if he'd ever heard of anyone doing that at Hogwarts. "I... hope you have a good time, then." He said quietly, looking down. Her sudden question about Elliot and painting startled him, and he didn't immediately answer. "Sometimes." He admitted, wincing. "I used to... draw him a lot." He muttered. "And now sometimes when I sketch people they suddenly look like him." He blushed, wondering why he had admitted that. It was kind of embarrassing. At least he hadn't let slip that the color yellow still reminded him of Elliot.

Ava nodded. "You can." She bit her lip. "Can I be honest with you?" She asked. "I'm... nervous about being away. I'm worried my best friend will forget me." She sighed. "But I hope it will be okay." She gave him a bright smile, trying to shake off her gloom.

She nodded at his answer, relaxing against the pillows. "Yeah... I understand." She pulled out a jar that was nearly full of paper flowers. "I have nearly a dozen of these by now. I tend to fold them when I start thinking about the boy I used to love. We're trying to be friends, but... I still get so angry at him sometimes. He was supposed to be my best friend, but he was mean and controlling." She smiled sadly. "It might sound bad, but I still think of him sometimes. And, heh," she laughed nervously. "The color red reminds me of him. It's love, and hate, passion and warmth. It's silly of me, I suppose. I just... can't help it." She glanced nervously to Lars. "I might not understand exactly what you've gone through... but I might understand a little better than most the aftermath of knowing you loved someone who didn't care for you the way you cared for them." She unthinkingly brushed his hair behind his ear.

Lars nodded as Avaria explained she was nervous about leaving. "But you think it's the right thing?" He asked her quietly. "Then it will be okay. If a friend forgets you, they're not a real friend." He told her. He watched as Avaria pulled out a jar of flowers and listened as she explained a bit. He wondered if she carried it around with her everywhere. "Oh." He said with a shrug. "Elliot was never mean or controlling, I have never been angry with him... until he said it was all fake." He said, shaking his head. "It just made me feel stupid. I don't want to even think about him anymore." He said quietly. He flinched a little as she touched his hair, and ducked his head. "Thanks." He muttered.

Ava nodded at his question. "I do," She murmured. She was quiet at his comment, tempted to say that meant he wasn't a real friend to Lily if he was able to leave her behind, but Avaria held her tongue. She knew how hurt could make you do dumb things. She smiled softly. "Well, not wanting to think of him, unfortunately, doesn't make you stop thinking about him." She sighed, looking towards their poster. "Do you feel a little better after the paint throwing? I might be leaving, but not yet. We can still do this a few more times this year if you wanted." She offered, giving him a bright smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back