Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual (Edmund)
Wand
Curly 9 1/2 Inch Sturdy Elm Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
It was only the first week back, and Analei already felt behind on work. How was that even possible? She was a First Year still, and it made her anxious to think of all the work coming up for the next seven years. Admittedly, she enjoyed studying and doing the homework, but she had to make sure that she kept on top of what she learnt during the last semester and what was to come in this semester. So the Hufflepuff girl carried the books with her, along with her quill and parchment, knowing if she wrote notes now, she would remember it easier, and it would make more sense when it came to exams. Analei knew some people would say she was over-preparing, but she really wanted to be good in all of her classes, at every aspect of magic.
The Hufflepuff found sitting outside relaxing, and though she did tend to get distracted by day dreaming a lot easier, it was still better than sitting inside; especially in the hot January weather. Analei found a spot on the grass, among the flowers where she spread out her books, but paused for a moment, just to enjoy where she was, lying flat on her back (though her legs still crossed), breathing in the fresh summer air mixed with the sweet scents of the flowers that still hung around during the heat.

Grayson had never really fancied himself as the outdoors type but lately, he found himself spending a lot of time in the garden. Perhaps it was the relaxing change of pace he needed after spending most of his time with Jasmine and their twin friends and enduring whatever crazy antics his sister could come up with. Grayson once again found himself walking across the grounds to the garden only when he arrived this time he wouldn't be alone. The girl sitting cross-legged in the grass was vaguely familiar to him but he couldn't quite place her. They both clearly liked hanging out in the garden so it wasn't a crazy idea that Grayson should introduce himself. After a moment of getting lost in his own thoughts, he decided to make his way over to the girl. "Hey, do you mind if I join you?"

A voice from above made Analei open her eyes, and she sat up to see a somewhat familiar face. There were a lot of students at Hogwarts, and if you weren't in the same house or didn't specifically know each other, it was easy to just get lost as another face in the crowd. She supposed that as the years went on, they'd start to be more familiar with each other, but for now she was happy to put another name to a face. Analei nodded her head at his question, moving some of her books out of the way. "Yes, of course! I'm not studying very hard, as you can tell." She giggled. "I'm Analei."

Grayson saw the garden as his escape from everything inside the castle. With that in mind, he couldn't imagine studying in the one place that he found peace. "I wouldn't be able to study here, there's just too much I'd rather look at," He smiled taking in the view. "I'm Grayson, I think I've seen you around so it's nice to finally meet," Grayson smiled at the girl.

Analei smiled at the boy's response. "Fair enough. It is a nice place. I just like to study where there's less noise and less people." She figured she'd be happy to work one on one with someone, either studying together or either or helping the other one, but Analei also just really enjoyed being by herself sometimes. People were exhausting, especially in larger groups. At the boy's introduction, Analei held out her hand. "I'm Analei, nice to meet you! There are so many faces sometimes, so it'll be good to recognize someone in the crowd. You're in...Gryffindor, right?"

Grayson laughed at the girls words. "People suck and are very distracting I prefer to find dark empty corners of the library to do my studying," Not that Grayson ever got to much studying alone, he did most of his studying with Jasmine and she was a nightmare when he actually wanted to seriously hit the books. "Nice to meet you Analei, I am a Gryffindor yeah, you're a Hufflepuff right? I'm sure I've seen you around in classes before,"

Analei joined in with the boy's laughter as he said people suck. She was finding that to be true the more time she spent at Hogwarts, she always thought she'd get along with people fine and it was just usually adults that weren't that great, but so far at the school, she liked more of the Professors than she did the students. There were exceptions, obviously, and Grayson seemed to be one. "Yes, I'm Hufflepuff. Yeah, we probably have crossed each other's paths more than once." She giggled again, thought withdrawing her hand when Grayson didn't shake it. It was kind of embarrassing, but that was the way she was taught to introduce herself. She hadn't had a lot of practice meeting people, so she figured it probably just an adult thing again. Though Analei realized once she got to know someone, she spoke a lot, it was the first few moments of getting to know someone that she always found herself tongue tied. What did people say at times like this? "So, are you enjoying Gryffindor?" Lame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back