Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
??
Wand
Knotted 9 Inch Flexible Cherry Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Leia had gotten bored inside, the sun was high in the sky and though it was still winter, with the new term beginning she didn't have anything else to do. She really needed more friends. It wasn't like she wanted to reach out to Luxen to hang out, that would probably seem desperate and her only other possible friend would be Augustus and she had to assume he wasn't going to speak to her. Instead she just made her way to the gardens, and after some wandering found some left over flowers from the wild patch patch that would make a good enough flower crown. She sat on a patch of dry ground with the flowers out in front of her beginning to put them together into a flower crown.

Marc felt a bit uncomfortable being alone inside his common room, even though he loved it in there. So he took his little journal and pencil that he brought with him and walked out. He didn't know much of the rooms inside the castle, so he opted to go out into the gardens, where he could hopefully have a change of scenery and write a bit. He saw a girl sat down on the ground, braiding the stems of the flowers into a crown, and decided that he would sit close, but not next to her. Oh no, he would rather die than sit purposefully next to a girl, he thought to himself before getting ready to write in his journal. He took inspiration from the girl and decided to write about a fairy making a flower-crown to be used for the coronation of the Forest Queen.

Leia looked up from what she was doing for a moment and spotted a boy, a little younger than her sitting close to her. She wondered why he was sitting there rather than come speak to her, though. she wouldn't have necessarily approached anyone older than her when she was a first year, "What are you doing?" she called out to him, they were the only two in the area it seemed, there would be no mistaking that she was talking to him.

Marc looked up sharply, seeing the girl he was writing about face him. He nervously gulped and automatically shut his journal up. He sat up straighter and interlaced his hands on his lap. "W-well.. I was just... writing something for.. for school!" He tried to cover up with his shaky voice. He didn't want to come off as a creep because he was writing something that included her. But maybe if he explained, then it would be ok, he thought.

Leia narrowed her eyes at him, "Really?" she questioned loudly, the boy's voice wasn't as steady. and. he seemed nervous, had stopped writing the moment she'd said anything. But perhaps this was the way to get into Professor Styx's good graces, help other students. "I'm in second year, I could help you?" she offered. She didn't really want to, but she was older and she could talk about it loudly and it wouldn't be a lie. It would help her in the long run...surely.

"Uh..." Marc looked away. Should I tell her? no, she'll get angry, he thought to himself, but what if she'll like it?? Maybe.. "W-well, actually.. It's okay if you're mad, I can throw it away, but..." He played with the grass beneath him. Oh God, I hope she won't get angry at me... "I really liked how you were braiding the flowers, so I decided to write a short story about it!" He said in one breath.

Leia couldn't help but be a little pleased she was right about it. he hadn't been studying. Though his answer did surprise her a little. "Well, can I read it?" she asked, she wasn't sure if it was a good thing or a bad thing yet, perhaps that would depend on what he'd actually written, whether that was good or bad. If it had her in negative light she knew she would definitely want him to bin it...but if it was positive then...she wouldn't mind it.

"Uhm, sure," Marc said, slowly scooting closer to her and opening his journal to show her what he had written.

'-And the beautiful fairy offered up her flower crown to the new Queen of the Forest, proud of what she has made for her. The crown of roses, lilies, daisies, and wildflowers was taken by the Queen, and after a short period of inspection, the Queen placed it on her head. The fairy proclaimed in happiness as the Queen's radiant beauty shone throughout the whole forest.'

"I'm sorry if it's awful."
Marc coughed awkwardly, rubbing the back of his head with his hand. "You were the inspiration for the fairy, so I hope you don't mind..."

Leia took the story from him and quickly skimmed it, she could tell the fairy was her without him saying it but it was nice that he did. Confirming what she had definitely already realised. "Okay you can keep doing it," She said handing it back. "I'm Leia, I'm in slytherin," she told him, her tone was boasting, thinking slytherin the best of the house despite the fact her two siblings weren't in the same house. "What's your name?"

"Marc, hufflepuff," He introduced himself shyly. He couldn't tell if the older girl liked his story or not, but at least she didn't get mad at him. He fidgeted with his pencil, finding a good spot on his journal by the new story he wrote, and mindlessly doodled a tiny fairy with flowers. "I'm not very good at... conversations.... so I apologize if I'm quiet.." He whispered.

Leia nodded as he said his name and then house. She wasn't too surprised about the latter, he certainly wasn't like the Slytherin boys she knew. Leia shrugged at his statement, "I don't mind silence," she did mind it, but she didn't want this boy to not like her because she forced conversation on him. That wouldn't help her. She didn't need to be his friend, but he wrote her in such an interesting way, that she thought it might be cool to have around. She could show off how she was someone's muse..."I can show you how to make a flower crown?"

Marc perked up at that, looking at her with shining eyes. Oh how nice it would be to learn how to make one. Maybe if it's good enough.. he won't finish that thought. He eagerly nodded, turning to face Leia completely and waiting for her instructions.

"I'd love to learn from you." Marc said sincerely. He wondered if he should adress her as his Ate (ah-teh), so he asked, "Can I call you Ate? It's a Filipino name to call an older girl, something similar like Aunt. It's ok if you don't like it."

Leia split the piles of flowers that she had, giving a few to Marc but. keeping the nicest ones for herself. Of course she did. The slytherin listened as the boy wanted to call her something, something akin to aunt, she didn't know if that was a normal thing, "Is it common to do that?" Leia had never been to the Philippines, she didn't know the culture, but if it was, and he was being respectful she wouldn't mind that. "Is it a sign of respect?" when she'd figured that out she could decide whether she wanted it or not, then she could impart some flower crown wisdom.

Marc nodded his head once more, gathering the flowers that she gave him. Though they're not the best, it was still pretty, he thought as he twisted a stem in his fingers.

"It's common and a sign of respect among us Filipinos," Marc said, smiling softly at Leia. "It's considered disrespectful and rude if we don't." He was happy that he could share a bit of his identity to a new friend, proud of where he grew up. He felt homesick from time to time, missing going to the street and eat some of the food sold there. But he supposed he should get used to living in Hogwarts, since he has to attend for the next seven years.

Leia listened as he answered her questions - she thought it was rather odd, but then. again she didn't know that many other cultures and even the culture of New Zealand she could say she sometimes lacked the knowledge of. So after a moment she nodded, "Okay Marc, you can call me 'ate' if you'd like," She wasn't sure if there was perhaps something she was supposed to say in return and she didn't bother to ask. "Making flower crowns is pretty easy, watch," Leia very slowly went over the motions of how to do it. She didn't talk over it, instead just did it with her hands. When she. thought she'd shown him enough she looked back and then said, "Now you try,"

Marc smiled happily when Ate Leia allowed him to call her ate, pleased that he can at least have this part of the Philippines with him while he's here in New Zealand. When she started teaching him how to make a flower crown, he payed close attention to how she was twisting and turning the stems to bend and connect. He opened his mouth in awe as she was making a really pretty one. It was his turn, and he nervously fumbled with the stems before trying to copy her movements. It wasn't a great start, but at least it was something. He showed her his clumsily half-made flower crown proudly; He made that!

"This is fun, Ate Leia," He said, continuing to add more flowers until it started forming a shape of a crown. "How do you connect the ends?"

Leia watched closely as he began to do as she had shown him, it was something that he had gotten it pretty quickly, it was a little sloppy but it wasn't a bad first attempt. She nodded at it. "That's not bad, you need to work on these bits," Leia couldn't have him think that he was good in the first attempt. The girl nodded at the question and then looked back at her own crown, and then very slowly demonstrated how to attach the two ends. The she motioned for him to do the same. "Now your turn," she told him.

Marc nodded his head and tried to do what Ate Leia just demonstrated, but he had trouble doing it. His brows furrowed as he concentrated on doing it again. To no avail, his flower crown remained just a chain of flowers. He looked at the older girl with a slight pout on his lips, sad that he couldn't finish it.

"I'm sorry," Marc apologized, "I can't do it..."

Leia watched as he didn't manage to do it. Had she just not explained it well? He was certainly going over the motions but it just seemed it wasn't clicking. "You've almost got it," she told him with a little shrug. She reached to where she had more flowers, of course keeping the nicest ones for herself, "Why don't you give it another go? From the beginning, and don't think too hard about it, just do it," Leia didn't know why he was having touble and she knew she didn't exactly have much patience to really go over and over it. perhaps he'd get it if she just got him to start over.

"Alright," Marc said, putting aside his unfinished one to try and do it again on a fresh batch of flowers Ate Leia gave him. The start was easy, his fingers bending and shaping the stems little by little. However, once he got to the end, he paused for a second. He breathed in and out before starting to connect the ends. He followed the advice the older girl told him and just went through the motion. At last, he succeeded in tying it all together and making a flower crown.

"Yes!" Marc smiled happily and showed Ate Leia his flower crown. It wasn't as pretty as hers, but he had made it! "I did it, Ate!"

Leia was very surprised when her plan had to have him redo it and then manage it, when it worked. The slytherin hadn't expected it to happen, she had hoped it would but hadn't thought it would. "Of course it did!" She gave a smile, trying to be friendly with it. "Well done Marc," she then took the first one that he had made but hadn't managed to close and finish and gave it to him. "Now you can finish it," She. said. The girl had her own, and was slowly adding more little bits and pieces to it.

Marc nodded and held his unfinished flower crown in his hands. He started weaving the ends together, trying to copy what he did earlier. A big smile spread across his face as he managed to finish it and looked at Ate Leia in happiness. "I did it!" He said.
(im so sorry i thought i replied to this already hAHHAHdhj)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back