Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
too young to care
Wand
Curly 11" Flexible Cypress Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Leonardo Orr was very used to being just ditched in Brightstone by his grandfather, it made it no less annoying when it happened. It han't happened a whole lot in the last couple of years but his grandfather did just get into these moods occasionally and there was little he could do about it. Of course now he was left on his own in brightstone, told to remain sitting on one of the benches, and so Leo wouldn't change that. it wouldn't matter if he got hungry or thirsty, he wasn't to move from this bench. He would remain there until his grandfather picked him up. It did help at the very least that it was summer and he didn't have to worry about freezing or being soaked, it was warm and dry and at least too he'd managed to grab a book before he'd been dragged out, so he was able to read as he waited, but it certainly didn't mean that he wasn't still bored. He had had a good semester and he was always painfully returned to home, he was lonely and alone at home, at school there was always someone about even if he wasn't interested in talking. But all Leo could now do was open the book he had brought and try to focus on reading.

Jordie loved the breaks. Even if he'd slept through the first few days. But now he was up and moving again, taking a run around Brightstone. It was during his jog when his admiring the village was interrupted by the sight of a familiar face. Jordie lit up and jogged over. "Leo! Hey!" Jordie beamed, coming to a stop by the younger boy. "It's great to see you!"

Leonardo was trying his best to focus on the book, but he was a little bored from it. Any noise was distracting him from it, so his name being called certainly had his head snapping up from his book as a familiar face approached. He gave a polite wave and a slight nod of his head. "Hi Jorda...ie," he said with the usual politeness, he'd been half way to saying Jordan before he corrected himself to Jordie. he appreciate the older boy, he was kind to him, had helped him to bed, helped him with his quidditch. He had some friends, but he appreciated Jordie more than others for the sheer fact of how much he was helping him. More than anyone else had. "Good to see you too," he added, figuring that with that Jordie was going to move off and continue with his run. "Having a good run?"

Jordie smiled and sat next to the younger boy, wiping his brow with his sleeve. "Oh yeah, always," He tried to peek at Leo's book. "What are you reading?" Jordie asked. He reached into his pocket, pulling out a few granola bars. He offered one to Leo before biting into his own. "Are you waiting for someone?" Jordie questioned, looking back to the younger boy.

Leonardo gave a little nod, he knew that Jordie ran a lot at school, he'd been invited to join him. Leo had said no, running wasn't something he was that interested in doing, he had done it a lot in the past but didn't want to anymore. He glanced back at the book, "Eh," he hesitated lightly, glancing towards the title, he hadn't really been paying that much attention to it. "It's a book on ancient runes," he said with an unsure tone. He nodded, "My grandfather is in obsidian, I'm waiting for him to be done. He doesn't trust me at home by myself,"

Jordie's brow furrowed. "He just left you here?" Jordie ran his hands through his hair. "Well, do you wanna go to lunch with me?" Jordie pointed to a restaurant nearby. "We can get something to eat, hang out, and you can still see the bench through the window over there?" Jordie smiled, thinking he'd met any protest the other hufflepuff might have.

Leonardo nodded, "He does this pretty often," Leonardo replied with a little shrug, he was very very used to it by this point. It was still boring and it could be very long, but he was used to it. Leonardo glanced towards the restaurant and shook his head a little. "He told me to stay here," Leonardo said, patting the bench he was on. The idea of grabbing lunch did seem nice, he wasn't sure what he'd managed to grab before leaving the house. "It's okay, you can go ahead,"

Jordie pouted. "I'm not going without you." He stated firmly, leaning back. He laid his arms over the back of the bench, crossing his legs. "I could probably ask my uncle to bring us something, would that be okay?" He asked, looking to Leo. Jordie was determined to find a compromise Leo would agree to.

Leonardo frowned at Jordie, wondering why the boy insisted so much, clearly he had better things to be doing than sitting with him trying to encourage him to lunch. Leonardo glanced back at the restaurant then at Jordie. He turned to his bag and began to look through it a little disappointingly all he'd managed to grab was some fruit, and when he further checked he didn't have any money. Leonardo shut the bag over and glanced back at Jordie. "Your uncle can bring something...I can't pay anything....but I can give you some money when we're back at school?" He wasn't going to win this argument with Jordie, so he might as well not try and push it and just go with it.

Jordie shook his head. "Leo you aren't paying me," He insisted immediately. "Lunch is on me." He smiled at his friend. "I'm not going to invite you to eat then make you pay for yourself," He replied, running his hand through his hair. "What do you want to eat?"

Leonardo began shaking his head at him, though he couldn't give any money now, he would, pay him back for it. Make sure that he gave him some money for it all. Especially given he was making his uncle come out and give it to them. "I'm not allergic to anything...so anything's fine," Leonardo told him. He wasn't about to accept lunch and then be fussy about what he got given or could be given. He gave a little smile that faded just as quickly, "Thanks...Jordie,"

Jordie tried to slip his arm over Leo's shoulders. "Hey, come on, what are brothers for? Now, pick your absolute favorite thing for lunch or I'm gunna have my uncle bring us the most expensive thing he can. And my family has a lot of money Leo, so when I say expensive I mean like so insanely expensive you could buy a house with what that meal would cost," he winked playfully.

Leonardo wasn't sure what caused Jordie to call him his brother, but he shook his head. He couldn't even think of what his favourite thing to eat was, he ate what was there, no complaints. His grandfather had no time, on the days he did make something, for his whining, so Leo had never given too much though about preferences. He looked at his hands as Jordie continued, then to his bag. His family was by no means poor, but Leonardo wore his clothes until they fell apart. His bag was old and ratty, his jumper frayed at the ends, discoloured and old. "I don't know....," he replied uncertainly, "Anything will be fine Jordie. A sandwich...a ham sandwich will be fine..," he said something, gave a food so that he might not ask again. "I don't want to be difficult," Leonardo added.

Jordie studied Leo. Why was the boy so... subdued? Like the way Leo acted... Jordie was almost convinced for a moment that Leo didn't know how to live. The boy just seemed to be existing. Jordie didn't push anymore, pulling out his phone. He called his uncle, set up a lunch delivery, then turned back to Leo with a smile. "My uncle is going to swing by with a lunch basket, kind of a mix and match of a lot of stuff." Jordie studied the boy a bit. "Leo, can I ask you something? And get an honest answer?"

For once Leonardo was quite hopeful that his grandfather wouldn't be there for a while, lunch with Jordie was going to be good and it would be just typical that the moment it was happening his grandfather turned up and he had to go. He nodded a little and then froze at the question, "I don't lie," he told Jordie with a serious tone, and he didn't really, smudge the truth a bit, distract and talk about something else, sure, but lie...he didn't really. "You can ask me anything," he added though he was worried about what might be asked, as nothing good tended to insist that he needed to be honest.

Jordie considered his question, chewing his lip for a moment. "Leo..." Jordie started slowly. "Are... you happy?" He asked softly. "I've noticed... sometimes... it's like... you aren't allowed to be... to be." Jordie wanted to reach over, but he didn't. "You aren't a burden, Leo." He spoke gently. "You're a great guy. You're allowed to want things, to do what you'd like. You're allowed to live your own life," Jordie was careful with his words. He had been close to Leo for a long time, and he had seen the effect that Leo's grandfather held.

Leonardo had expected any number of questions but the one asked hadn't been been on his radar. He frowned deeply, it had been a while since he'd really asked himself the question, because he was to a degree happy, he had friends, he was at school, he was on the team. He couldn't look at Jordie, just staring at the ground, he wanted to argue with it, since if he wasn't a burden, then why did his father never stay, why had his grandfather always pawned him off whenever he couldn't be bothered, he was draining to people, awkward and serious. "I'm happy Jordie," he looked back at the boy and smiled for a fraction of a second before it faded. "My grandfather is just strict and old fashioned," Leo said, "My father isn't around much, so my grandfather is all I have, he has to look after me," Leo added, thinking that might help him understand.

Jordie shook his head. "You're wrong," he corrected Leo gently. "He isn't all you have. You have me." Jordie gave Leo a warm smile. "You're my little brother, okay? Always." Jordie reached into his bag, pulling out a new cell phone still in the box. "I was going to wait to give this to you. But here," he held the box out to Leo. "This isn't as fancy as a lot of muggle phones, but it'll call or text mine. If you need me, for anything, just to say hi or you want to meet up or you just need some company, I am always going to be right here, okay?" He asked softly, studying his friend. "Merry Christmas, kid."

Leonardo frowned lightly and had to stop himself from shaking his head. Jordie was a friend, not someone like a parent or anything else. He couldn't rely on him, relying on friends wasn't going to end in anything but them hating him or something, and he really didn't want that to happen. Leonardo watched as Jordie took a muggle device out of his bag and handed it to him..."My home doesn't have..electricity," he'd paused to find the right word. he didn't reach for the present, his cheeks reddening, knowing that the only present he would get for the yuletide was this and he couldn't even take it. He didn't think it would work, his grandfather's home was filled with magic. "I'm sorry Jordie, it's a kind gesture, I appreciate it,"

Jordie smiled. "Leo, trust me," He chuckled. "Just take it. Please? You might be surprised," he teased. He held the box out again expectantly, smiling softly. "Just let me be the overbearing big brother, would you?" He laughed lightly.

Leonardo looked at the box sceptically and then back up at Jordie and gave a tentative nod. He wasn't going to get anything else for the yuletide, so this was nice, to actually have something. He put it into his bag, and was careful to make sure it was partially hidden. "I started taking muggle studies, maybe that'll help me with using the phone?" he said, muggle studies was a class that he enjoyed but his grandfather very much looked down on.

James wasn't surprised when Jordie called him. They were a close knit bunch, and his youngest never hesitated to ask him for help. Of course James was never hesitant to give it either. He made quick work of grabbing the mixed lunch box Jordie had asked for, before heading out to the bench the boys were sitting at. "Jordie!" He waved to the boy, smiling softly as he approached the boys. "Someone ordered lunch?" He stopped near them, smiling.

Jordie smiled at Leo. "It might. Do you want to come over during the break? I could help you set it up," He offered, but it was at that moment that his uncle appeared. He smiled at the man, his eyes lighting up. "Uncle James!" He greeted, standing immediately. "Uncle James, this is Leo, he's one of my best friends," He introduced them, turning to Leo to smile. "Leo, this is my uncle James,"

Leonardo shook his head lightly, it wasn't really that he didn't want to come over but more that he was sure he wouldn't be allowed to come over. His grandfather had never let him go to other people's house and certainly wouldn't start now. Leonardo had been about to say as much when an older man appeared and Leo figured this was Jordie's uncle. Certainly as the boy greeted him it did confirm it, leonardo got to his feet. Leonardo blushed deeply and glanced at the ground at being called a best friend, it seemed wild and impossible to him to be someone's best friend, and he was sure Jordie was just being nice. "Leonardo Orr, sir," he gave his full name to the man with a formal tone, holding his hand out to him. "Thank you for bringing lunch sir," he added since the man had probably gone out of his way to bring them this.

James smiled as Jordie stood, looking to Leo. "Oh, I've heard all about you, Leo. Jordie thinks very highly of you," His Irish accent was strong as he spoke, moving over to set the basket of food on the bench. "He tells me you're very smart, very skilled at Quidditch." He looked to Jordie and held open his arm, knowing what was coming next without having to ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back