Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi
Wand
Curly 11 Inch Swishy Ash Wand with Kelpie Hair Core
Fourth year was quite a lot harder than third year, so Tristan made sure to spend a lot of his time studying. He wasn't the type of person to take all electives, so he wasn't as busy as some, but he still cared a lot about his grades. Juggling grades and his relationships with others was a lot of work, and he was taking a break from both Kauri and Vivian right now by studying in a neutral place neither boy visited that often. He had picked a bench in the shade in the courtyard and was reading his Arithmancy book. It was a subject that had disappointed him so far, but he still wanted to do well. He had a feeling a good grade in Arithmancy would look well for future employers. He wanted to work at the ministry, and had to work hard for that. He still wasn't entirely clear what he wanted to do, but a job with influence was something he needed. If he were to make it far in this world, he could show everyone that had ever looked down on him how wrong they were. His mind wandered as he imagined a glorious future, though his gaze stayed on the pages of the book.

Kauri didn't know what to do with negative emotions. He was still furious at April, for ruining how excited he had been about the date with Tristan. He couldn't understand why she would be so upset about something that made him happy. It felt wrong, like the anger had settled in and made a layer of bitterness right underneath his skin that just wouldn't go away. It was riding with him everywhere he went. So Kauri wandered. He couldn't sit still and let that bitterness fester, but maybe walking around would help, or maybe he would run into a friend to help chase away the anger. It was a huge relief when he saw Tristan sitting in the courtyard, and felt that same excited flutter in his stomach that he had missed since April's criticism. "Tristan!" He said happily, feeling like the anger was sloughing away as he approached the other boy. "What's up?" He asked, dropping into a seat next to him.

Tristan was just picturing himself graduating as Head Boy and being offered a ministry job immediately when he was snapped out of daydreaming by a cheerful voice. He looked up and schooled his expression into a bright smile as he saw who it was. Kauri took a seat next to him, and Tristan put an arm around his shoulders. "Hey you." He said with a grin. "Not much. My day got a lot better now that you're here." He closed the book with his other hand, placing it next to him. "I was just preparing for my next Arithmancy lesson. You don't take that subject right?" He knew the two had talked about this before, but the details hadn't stuck in his mind. He had more important things to remember, after all. He glanced at the book again, wondering if he could use it in some way to impress the younger boy. "Are you excited for the yule ball? I know I am."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back