Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Curved 14" Flexible Spruce Wand with Vampire Blood Core
Vader had heard rumours of a giant eel in the lake, and given that the sun was shining and there was a perfect view over the lake, the sixth year had come to said lake, placed his camera on the tripod, conjured himself a stool and was just sitting watching the water ready to take the picture of the creature. He'd get it, he'd take its picture before he graduated.

Lysander frequently made trips to the lake because a, it was the best place in the school and b, he wanted to see the creature that lived in the lake again. He hadn't seen it since the first time, but now he'd heard enough from other people who claimed they saw something to know it had to be real. He made his way down with a handful of stones to throw into the water, and wandered curiously over to Vader when he saw him with a tripod. "There's a monster in there, you know." He told him.​

Vader glanced at the younger boy, Lysander, a young quidditch player and from what Ajax had said an alround good person. He smiled at the boy, "That's what I'm going to take a picture of, have you seen it?" Vader hadn't yet seen it once, but today would be the day.

Lysander had never thought of trying to take a picture for evidence, but he didn't have the patience to sit on his own in one place and wait. "I have! I've seen it. It's big, and yellow." Lysander confirmed proudly, even if it had only been the tiniest glimpse. "Have you seen it? Do you have any pictures yet?" He asked. If he had, Sander could tell Chloë, and they could piece together what it was themselves.​

Vader frowned. "I haven't seen it yet, I'm hoping to, and I'll get its picture while I'm at it," He looked through the lens and pointlessly adjusted things. "Do you know how to get its attention?"

Lysander couldn't hide his disappointment, and gave a lopsided frown toward the lake. Nothing new then. He raised his handful of rocks. "That's why I'm here. Sometimes if you throw rocks in, it throws them back out." By sometimes he meant once, allegedly, but it was enough for him to try again.​

Vader hadn't thought of disturbing the water...perhaps that was why he had limited luck. "Okay, if you want to throw the rocks, I'll be ready with the camera and we'll get it,"

Lysander nodded the affirmative and trudged toward the water, kicking off his shoes to dip his toes in the shore so he could be as close as he could to throw. He started tossing in pebbles as far as he could get them to reach. He paused to see if the water stirred. "Do you see anything yet?" He asked, holding his hand above his eyes to get a better look.​

Though other pursuits had definitely distracted him, Ryan had been eager to stake out the lake again this year, especially with more and more rumors of something being spotted living in there this year. He spotted two other students, one even set up with a camera and eagerly made his way over when he saw Lysander throwing rocks into the water. "Is it working?" He asked, peering at the lake. "Maybe we could try throwing food instead? It might be hungry."

Vader was watching the water carefully, looking most with the camera. He shook his head in response. He looked to the new boy who joined them, a young boy he didn't know, "What food does it eat? Food that we could have?" he asked, perhaps the younger boy or Lysander would know.

Lysander turned as Ryan spoke up. It was a good idea to try food instead of rocks, though as Vader questioned it he had to really think about what the monster might eat. "I bet it eats people." He said to the two, dipping a daring toe further into the water. "And even some of the merfolk...or maybe just like, huge fish. Do you think they'd give us fish from the kitchen if we asked? Maybe you could magically make them bigger to attract it?" He suggested, looking at Vader in particular since he still didn't know how to enlarge things.​

Ryan turned eagerly to inspect the water when Lysander mentioned the monster eating people. That'd certainly be interesting, though he hadn't heard anything about missing students at the lake. "Maybe we could ask the merfolk about it? They probably know. Can you speak Mermish?" He asked the two curiously before drawing his wand, egged on by Lysander's idea. "Accio fish!" He said excitedly, disappointed when it only resulted in a small sprat from the lake splatting anti-climatically into his chest.

"The kitchens will give you anything," Vader said looking up from his camera. "Maybe someone needs to get in the water and disturb it a little," he wasn't quite summoning a fish or speaking with merfolk, but it was something else that could attract it.

Ryan's idea was actually pretty good, the merfolk probably knew all about the lake monster. But Lysander didn't speak mermish, and it didn't seem like Vader knew how to either. He had to suppress a chuckle when Ryan summoned a tiny fish. At Vader's suggestion, he gave Ryan a challenging look, before grinning and splashing further into the water, kicking small waves all the while to try and entice it out.​

Ryan nodded in agreement about the kitchens, not doubting it. He was still disappointed in his fish summoning though, not quite willing to leave to go all the way inside to get fish. At the mention of getting into the water though, Ryan was conflicted. It would be excited to be up close, but what if he missed something while splashing around? Moving into the water, Ryan barely noticed his shoes and pants getting wet up to his knees as he waded out far enough to get a good view. "Call out if something starts eating you!"

Vader watched Lysander run into the water, wondering morally if letting a young student go into the water to attract a creature was right. But he didn't really trust either of them with the camera so better this than the alternative. "And get out the water, if you feel anything," he added, he wanted to give the boy an out if he felt something and immediately wanted out the water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back