Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Ivy
Wand
Knotted 13 1/2 Inch Flexible Fir Wand With Augurey Tail Feather Core
It annoyed him to no end, but Flynn had no idea why he was struggling so much with something as simple as the bloody levitation spell. It was not like it was supposed to be hard and he was managing just fine with the other spells they had learned in Charms so far. But no, this spell was making him feel like tugging his hair out. He was currently sat in the library, a place he never thought he would willingly go, wand in hand, and a light textbook on the table in front of him. "Wingardium Leviosa," he tried, almost jabbing the book with his wand out of anger. But nothing happened. So he tried again, but with the same result - the book not even moving as it just sat there on the table like it was silently laughing at him. "Uuuuuugh," the noise left his mouth as he slumped forward, smacking his head against the textbook just accepting it as he slumped there. Who cared if this was a library and he was supposed to be quiet? He was annoyed.

Hilda walked into the huge library, she had come there to revise the spell for the next Charms class. She hoped to find more information than she usually found. She went to the reference section,and manages to find a few books about the spell ,when she walked over to one of the tables, the young girl took the opportunity to look if she saw someone she knew .But what had to happen happened, as she didn't look where she was going she got caught in something and managed not to fall but the books were on the ground before she could even catch them ."Great" she said sarcastically before leaning over to pick up the books. She got up and went to sit at a free table near a window ,then started to revise. A few minutes after her reviews were disturbed by a noise coming from the table behind her, she turned to it to find a boy she had already seen in the common room of Gryffindor and during certain courses, he seemed to in bad mood so Hilda began to speak to him: "Hey, is everything all right?" she said, whispering so as not to attract the attention of the library staff.

That annoying feeling was only getting worse when he heard a voice asking if everything was alright. With a small scowl, Flynn lifted his head up off the table, just to glance at who happened to be bothering him. A girl he somewhat recognized from classes, but not one he knew by name. And he had no reason to know who she was, it was not like they had ever interacted or said anything to each other before. "Yeah, I'm just dandy," he grumbled as he pushed himself back up into the sitting position, tossing his wand carelessly onto the table in front of him as he folded his arms across his chest. It was clear that he was not in the least bit dandy like he said he was, but it was not like he was going to tell some girl he didn't know his problems.

"Yes, of course it shows on your face" she said sarcastically, it showed that he clearly did not want to speak. Hilda therefore turned around and began to jot down a small sketch turning a few times towards the boy, after a few minutes she placed the drawing next to him. It was a drawing of the young man with writing "Don't give up" in the background, Hilda was not the best designer but she hoped it would cheer him up. As he did not want to discuss she had to use another means of communicate .

The sarcasm was strong with this one and Flynn couldn't help the urge to just roll his eyes at her. But he wasn't in the mood to be dealing with this, so he instead just opted to ignore it. Instead, he turned around in his seat again, scowling at the book and his wand in front of him for not cooperating and making him look like a total moron. But then the girl was interrupted again, this time with a small sketch pushed in front of him. Flynn was quiet as he picked it up, staring at the depiction for just a moment. promptly wrinkling his nose somewhat before he turned back to face the girl. "What the sod is this for?"

Ivy spent most of her free time in the library. It was a great space to learn new things, and it was also less obvious she didn't have that many people to really hang out with. Besides, there was so much she wanted to read, she knew that if she wanted to learn everything she was interested in before seventh year, that she had to spend as much time going over books as she could. Ivy was focused on a book about defensive spells, when she suddenly heard someone cast the levitation charm. Curiously, Ivy looked up to see one of her classmates try to levitate a book, though he failed. Ivy watched him for a moment, but then another girl came by who started to talk to him. Ivy couldn't really hear what they were saying, and she tried to focus on her own work, but she couldn't help but notice the boy still hadn't levitated his book. This girl clearly wasn't helping him, so eventually, Ivy felt like she had to. She got up and headed over to their table. "Excuse me." She said, looking between them and glancing at the paper in front of the boy before looking at him. "If you want to do the spell you tried properly, you have to do the wand movement correctly, you know." She said, grabbing her own wand. "I could show you." Really, they had gone over this in class. He should know this.

"Nothing, just I thought it would make you more dandy" she said with a small smile to the young boy, before seeing another girl arrive to offer help by giving him conssaises on the movement of his wand, can be that the boy would listen to her. Hilda watched the newcomer, she didn't know if she was arrogant and who wanted to show what she could do at any occasion or just someone who liked helping others, for the moment Hilda was leaning more towards the second option but you can never be careful enough. After her little observation the young Gryffindor made a small wave to the girl accompanied by a little "Hello!"

Last edited:
"It's not," he did have to add as he stared at the sketch the girl had just presented him with, and that is when a new one appeared. This is why he shouldn't have bothered to try and practice in the library. The whole place was just filled with annoying people who thought they were better than you. And his thoughts on the matter didn't exactly improve when another girl came over and instantly pissed Flynn off by telling him he was doing his wand movement wrong. He was not, he was doing it perfectly well, the spell was just not working. "Eff off, I don't need your help. Or want it," he snapped back, narrowing his eyes at the girl who had just shown up. And if he was going to get help, he wasn't going to get it from someone like her - clearly, this was the sort of person who thought they were the best in the universe. "Didn't ask you to butt in, did I?" He continued with a small huff, "Why don't you go stick your nose in a book and leave me the sod alone." Not that he knew that is what she liked doing, but she was in a library, so it was a pretty good bet.

The boy didn't like the drawing Hilda had made for him and she wasn't upset with it. But she became so when he started to speak badly to the other girl "Hey, don't talk to her like that she just wanted to help you, if you don't want help said at least without being aggressive" she said while frowning eyebrows."So talk better before I cast Langlock on you " she said determinedly, she wasn't really going to do it, well normally. She was not used to threatening people but when someone took it out on someone for nothing, she couldn't stay idle.

Last edited:
Ivy hadn't been paying attention to the sketch the boy and girl had been discussing, but now saw it was pretty cute. She hoped she hadn't interrupted anything. But the way the boy snapped at her took her entirely off guard, and she frowned at him. Rather than retreat, this only made Ivy more determined to show the boy how things were done, if only to let him know how much better at this she was than him. He deserved it for talking to her like that, after all. "There's no need to be rude." She told him, glad the girl seemed to be on her side. "It's not my fault you're doing it all wrong." She lifted her chin in the air before performing the movement perfectly. "Wingardium Leviosa." She said firmly, and all her practice paid off as his book levitated up right away. She made it fly up as high as she could, then smiled at him as she kept it in the air. "That's how it is done." She said, then glanced at the girl. "I would like to learn that langlock spell you're talking about, too." She told her, keeping the boy's book out of his reach.

"No, I am pretty sure she just wanted to show off," and there was not a doubt in his mind about that one as he eyed down the girl who had appeared second. It was how she had offered her help which annoyed him, But when the sketch girl threatened to cast a spell they hadn't even learned in class yet, Flynn did have to snort. "We haven't even learned that one yet, stupid," so he very much doubted she would actually be able to do it, "Ain't that like a 6th year spell or summin?" But when the second girl easily cast the spell he had been trying, almost as if she was rubbing it in, Flynn felt his blood boil. Even more so when she went and patronized him, holding his book just out of reach. "You wanna know what spell we have learned, though?" He continued, narrowing his eyes and tightening his grip on his wand, "This. Expelliarmus." It was a quick flick of his wrist towards the second girl levitating his book, a rather triumphant smile on his face as the spell actually worked and shot from the end of his wand. No doubt about it, he was definitely getting the hang of Defence more than he was Charms.

"You think I really waited for Hogwarts to learn spells and I will teaching this young girl this spell with pleasure" she said with a small smirk and arms crossed. She looked at the newcomer raising the book with a certain elegance before seeing the young boy take out his wand and cast Experliarmus on the other Gryffindor, Hilda tried to intervene to cast Protego but was too slow. She picked up the girl's wand and handed it to her before turning to the boy "Oh I just understand why you can't cast this spell because for this one you need patience as well as control and seen the situation in which we have, you have neither of them "she says with a sly smile on the face while advancing a little towards him before adding" And that's why you arrive better with the offensive spell since you seem to be warm-blooded "after finishing her sentence she wondered if she hadn't been too mean to him ,before redirecting to the other girl to see if everything was fine.

Last edited:
Ivy huffed as the boy accused her of showing off, and she tossed her curls back as she looked at him evenly. "Are you saying you've never tried a spell before you learned it?" She asked him scornfully. "No wonder you can't do the levitation spell." She told him, narrowing her eyes at him. She gasped in surprise as the boy cast the disarming spell on her, scowling as her wand flew from her hand. She other girl seemed to agree with her about spells, though she doubted she really knew a sixth year spell yet. "Thanks." She muttered as she took the wand from her. "I think he lacks more than patience and control." She said, glaring at him. "Like, a brain."

"Yeah, I'm sure you can successfully cast a spell you don't learn until sixth year," he scoffed with a roll of his eyes, "Why don't you prove it, huh?" And he wasn't scared of her actually succeeding, there was no chance a first year would be able to pull off a spell that advanced. "Not the boring ones," he shot back at the other girl like it was the most obvious thing in the world. As if he really cared about how to make things float when there were far more interesting spells littering the pages of his textbooks. Not that he had bothered to read through any of them in the first place. As for their other insults, he just rolled his eyes, "Think I would rather be able to offensive spells than making a book float, honestly. Thank for the concern, though." And as for the comment about not having a brain, it just made him laugh. "Nah, I have a brain. I just put it towards more interesting stuff than this."

The atmosphere in the room was starting to get heavy, so Hilda decided to try to be the mediator: "Okay, sorry I got a little carried away I made hasty conclusions about you when I don't know you, but you don't have the right to cast spells like that on people, we were just trying to help you and sorry if you got it wrong "she explained to the boy, trying to be understanding.
"And yes the spell was bluff but hey you noticed, I just read something about that in a book"she added with a little laugh

Ivy laughed as the boy said he hadn't tried the boring spells. "Well, that's stupid of you. You need the basic spells before you can do anything real." She told him with an air of superiority. "Everyone knows that." She added, increasingly eager to get on the boy's nerves. He was annoying her, so she felt like annoying him back. Ivy scoffed at his talk about offensive spells. "You can't learn that until you know basic spellwork." She repeated. "Besides, if you can't think of anything interesting to do with a levitation spell, you're just not creative." She added with a shrug. She sighed as the other girl tried to make peace. She had given up on the boy already, as a potential friend. Clearly, he was just a troublemaker. "Too bad." She said as the girl admitted she didn't know the spell. "I have been thinking of trying some spells from later years, since I'm mastering the first year ones so easily." She added, unable to resist another boast.

"You're telling me off for disarming her, but you're not going to tell her off for levitating my book and basically holding it hostage? How's that fair?" He had only reacted to what he had been given in the first place. If the second annoying girl hadn't decided to brag and hold his book hostage in the first place, then he wouldn't have had to disarm her to get it back. And speaking of the boasting girl... "Just did a basic spell just fine, didn't I?" He snapped, rounding on her with a slightly raised brow. It was one they learned in their first year, so it was probably classed as basic. "So I'm not worried about it." It was just the Charms spells he was having some issues with, the spells he had learned in Defense lessons came to him a lot easier and he could pick them up by the end of the lesson. "And I'm perfectly creative, levitating stuff just isn't interesting and I don't need it." At least, that is what he was going to be telling himself. "But fine, if you wanna go and have something blow up in your face because you're busy showing off, then be my guest. Bye now," and all he offered was a sweet smile and wave of his hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back