Bubbly l Bright l Chess l Auror in Training ⚡️
OOC First Name
Tamara
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Dear Percival Reed,

My name is Emily Underwood and I am a fifth year Ravenclaw (a house at Hogwarts). I am currently in my OWL year and I just had my try out for the Quidditch team so that is exciting. How are you doing? I don't really know what to write more, I hope to get to know you better in the years to come. Maybe even meet up during a break, who knows.

Emily Underwood.

Hello Emily,

Please call me Percy, Percival makes me feel old and I am not that old, yet. It's nice meeting you, I didn't think I'd be selected for this so it's a nice surprise. I'm in my fifth year also, though I'm sorted in Wampus (a house at Ilvermorny). I hope you make the team, then! Which position did you try out for? I know that they're having Quidditch tryouts for our school team, but I will be too busy practising my duelling skills to also be on the Quidditch team. What subjects do they have over there? We have a subject called Xylomancy over here, it's similar to Divination but with twigs instead.

Percy

Hey Percy,

I didn't expect to be selected either, but I am glad I was. The ilvermorny houses do sound cool. I tried out for beater, but I wouldn't mind getting chaser either. I get you about being busy, I am already dreading the owls I picked. Divination with twigs sounds really weird. We have things like Aritmancy, History of Magic and Care of the magical creatures. I guess somewhat he same as there? Is Ilvermorny also in a big castle like Hogwarts?

Emily

Hey Emily,

Do they sound cool? I've always thought that they sounded pretty lame. Don't tell my Dad that I said that though, I think he'll ground me if he knows I said that. Definitely let me know if you managed to get on the team or not! I might have to cheer for you, then, if Ilvermorny makes it to Hogwarts this year, of course. Owls? Is that something special? We don't have those here. Are they really that awful if you're already dreading them? We've got those subjects here, too, though Care of Magical Creatures is just called Creature Care here. It's funny to see the similarities between the two schools, I didn't think there would be any, to be honest. And don't get me started on the maze that's Ilvermorny, it's awful navigating through it sometimes, and I've already been here for five years! Is Hogwarts the same?

Percy

Hey Percy,

They do sound very cool. Although I must admit have no clue what a Wampus is. Luckily I don't know your dad so your safe ;). I made the team as the alternate beater so that is something. We have two important exams at Hogwarts. One is at your fifth year and the other is in your seventh. The first one is called the Ordinary Wizarding Level and the other one is the Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Test. Both are horrible and you get questions about all the other years at Hogwarts. I am soo dreading them, already looking for ways to cheat actually.

Funny the subjects have different names and yeaah Hogwarts is a giant moshpit. Our stairs tend to move and I think there are more corridors here than there are pebbles on the beach. When you find a new corridor and then the next day it might be gone really weird.

Emz

Hi Emily,

A Wampus is a cat native to the United States. I think they modelled it after Hogwarts? Like we've got four houses here that are represented by magical creatures similar to your school. Don't quote me on that, though. I never really paid that much attention in History class so I might be absolutely wrong about that. Congratulations on making the team nonetheless! Go kick people's butts, unless those people are Ilvermorny people, of course. Those exams sound rough as heck, do they really quiz you about everything from your previous years? How in the world do you remember all of that? If you do manage to find a way to cheat, let me know, it might be useful for my exams, too.

Moving stairs and disappearing corridors? Hogwarts sounds like a real hoot, and a lot more complicated than my school. I think Ilvermorny is a bunch of buildings stacked upon each other, which might actually be the reason why some are scared that it'll cave in at some point. If you don't hear from me again, the castle has collapsed (joking, of course).

Percy

Emily had taken her time to write back to Percy. Her owl was tired from flying to America and back. Emily grabbed her quill and started to write a response to his last letter. The houses sounded better than she had expected. When Emily was done she braided a leather strip around the letter and attached it to her owl's leg.

Hey Percy,

That sounds way coooler than our animals, we just got non magical creatures. We got a snake, lion, badger and an eagle as representatives for the houses. History of Magic isn’t my favourite subject either.

Thanks, I will go and wack all the bludgers I can find. Luckily, you aren’t on the team so I can wack some bludgers at Ilvermorny with a clean conscience. The think you actually made notes and kept them to study for your OWLS. I don’t think there is actually a way to cheat, they use speical quills here.

Hopefully your school won’t collapse and I don’t get lost in one of the corridors or fall of the stairs. Do you have any idea what you want to become after this whole adventure?

Emily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back