Closed The other twins

Link Potter

OOC First Name
Kait
Wand
Knotted 14 Inch Sturdy Cypress Wand with Chimera Scale Fragment Core
Link Potter walked into the pub on the corner of the street that he lived on. It was one of his most favorite locations in London, and a place that he visited several times a week. The former Gryffindor enjoyed living in the United Kingdom where his grandfather was still quite famous, and he didn't mind the benefits he got from such notoriety.He'd find a girl or two to invite back to his place. Or, that was the case when he wasn't traveling for Quidditch. The Cannons had been doing better the past few years thanks to him, but they still had a long way to go. Link wanted the Cannons to be as good as they had been when his father played for the team.

It had been a rough practice today, so Link Potter had decided to go out afterwards for a drink to relax before he went home for the evening. Hopefully, he wouldn't be going home alone. Link pushed open the door, brushing the rain off of his coat, as he headed for his usual spot at the bar. However, he noticed a familiar face at the bar already. Falon Urie. Link didn't know the girl well, but he knew his sister did, and he knew her twin well since Felix had hardly left Lyra's side during their seven years at Hogwarts. Link slid onto the stool beside her. "Falon Urie. You are looking well." he said, appreciatively. "What brings you to London? I know the Thunderers aren't playing here right now." he said, having kept up with his twin's team after all even if she wasn't currently playing on it due to her delicate state.

Falon was feeling happier as of late. Being out of New Zealand had done wonders for her; though the news of her brother's daughter had shocked her, she was glad it at least wasn't Lyra's. But then again, if it were Lyra's, then the two of them could finally settle down and be happy instead of breaking each other's hearts. However, Falon tried to not think of the pair much, as it mostly just made her grumpy - grumpier than usual.
She was getting used to being in England, and enjoying the many varieties of places to go after practice. Often, her teammates would join Falon and show her around, but tonight she was left alone so she made her way to her new favorite bar (in other words - the only place she knew the way to). Already a firewhiskey in, Falon ordered another one before she felt a presence next to her, and the voice made themselves known. She turned to look at Lyra's twin brother as he spoke, rolling her eyes when he told her she looked well. "One of us has to, right?" The brunette said with a wink, a smirk playing at her lips. "Well, I guess that would be because I'm not on the Thunderer's team anymore." Falon stated, taking a drink of the firewhiskey placed in front of her. "How are the Chudleys going?" She asked, wondering if their opposing teams would ever play against each other.

"Girl, come on. You know I always look good." Link said, conceitedly as he flagged down the barkeep. The man didn't ask Link what he wanted, but instead poured his usual whiskey. They kept his favorite kind in stock. Stronger than the firewhiskey they usually served. His eyebrows raised as Felix's twin said she was no longer on the Thunderers. "Oh really? Ly didn't mention that. I know she probably hates to have lost you too. She complained for weeks after James left. Who are you playing for now?" he asked. Usually, Lyra kept him informed of such things even though he really didn't care. Link took a gulp of his drink before grinning at her question. "The Cannons aren't looking too shabby, at least not now that they've got me as seeker." he said with a reckless smile.

Falon let out a snort of laughter when Link replied; he had such an ego. She supposed the people girls he usually hung out with continued to make sure it grew. She watched as the barkeeper poured Link a drink without even asking, and she wondered if she had maybe made a mistake in choosing this place as her new favorite bar. "A regular, then?" Falon asked, nodding towards his drink. Falon let out another snort of laughter, rolling her eyes when Link said 'Ly' probably hated that she had left the team. The fact that Link didn't even know proved that she hadn't been complaining about it, and was probably actually relieved. This way she could do whatever she wanted and wouldn't have Falon to answer to. "Falmouth Falcons." She responded to Link, taking another drink of her firewhiskey. Link's cocky attitude was so similar to his twin's attitude, and Falon couldn't help but roll her eyes, again, at his comment about the Cannons. "Of course. I'm sure they're thrilled to have the almighty Link Potter on their team."

"I live down the street actually. This pub happens to be within walking distance, though I'd come here even if it wasn't. It's by far my favorite pub, and I think I've tried most of them." Link admitted, unashamed. He had tried them all out when he first moved to the country, but it was most convenient that his house was right down the block. Made for an easy trip when he wanted to bring a girl home. It was certainly surprising news that she would move to the Falcons, considering how far away it was from her native Australia, but he didn't question it. Whatever her reasons were, they were hers. He didn't pry into other people's business like Lyra. Link laughed as Falon rolled her eyes and made a snarky comment. "Have you been talking to my coach?" he asked, faking a serious tone.

"Right." Falon replied when Link said he lived down the street from this pub. She was surprised she hadn't run into him yet, but it was only her third time there, and she was grateful to not have run into him while she was with her new team. "So no other recommendations for me to find a new favorite pub then?" Falon asked with a smirk, finishing her drink. Falon wasn't sure how she felt about chatting to Link. He obviously didn't know about the drama between her and Lyra, and the two of them hadn't been close friends back in school. There was no denying that he was attractive, but he was just so much like Lyra, who Falon knew also used her looks to pull in all her relationships and boys. "No, but I'm glad it's not just me that see's through the Potter's egotistical attitudes. Well. It's been great chatting to you Link, but feel free to go find another table now."

Link finished his drink and sat the glass down hard, nodding to the barkeep to refill his drink and Falon’s which he noticed was empty. It was only moments before the guy returned with the two drinks. Link slipped the guy a tip to keep them coming. “And why would you need a new pub,Falon? Am I that irresistible?” he joked in good fun. Link laughed as she called the Potters egotistical. What she said wasn’t untrue. He knew his sister wasn’t shy about her looks and rumor had it that his dad had been quite the ladies man before Kiera. Link pretended to ask as though she had shot an arrow straight at his heart. “Ouch Falon. Here I was thinking a pretty girl might like some company, and she just wants me to disapperate.” Link said mockingly.

Falon scowled when Link got the barkeep to refill her drink, like she couldn't do it herself. Still, she took a sip from it, only to nearly choke on it when he called himself irresistible. Coughing, Falon shook her head in disbelief. By the time she could even answer, he was talking again. Merlin, he was thick. Shaking her head again, Falon pushed the drink away from her. "These tricks might work with other girls Link, but you're going to have to work harder than that if you want me to find you "irresistible"." Falon said with a scowl, feeling angry again.

"These tricks as you call them would have worked five minutes ago on any other girl." Link said with a chuckled. He was enjoying talking to Falon, and he actually liked that she wasn't falling at his feet as so many girls before her had. "Who said I wanted you to find me irresistible? Maybe I just want to make that girl over there jealous." he said, motioning to the blonde at the opposite end of the bar that was clearly watching them.

"I'm not like other girls." Falon said sarcastically back. She wasn't too fond of the saying, it felt like she was saying that she was better than everyone else, but she felt his comment called for it. There was no way she was the type to fall for his tricks. Falon laughed at his next comment, but tried to discreetly look at the blonde that Link had pointed out, who was indeed, watching them. "Oooh, well in that case..." Falon moved her seat a bit closer to Link, moving her hand to gently touch his cheek, before cracking up with laughter. She hoped it would give the other girl more motive to come and take Link away from her.

Link grinned as Falon played along with him, scooting her chair closer, touching his face. He liked Falon Urie and her jokes. He could appreciate a girl with a wicked sense of humor. Link was willing to see how far Falon would be willing to take this. "Yes. Exactly like that....or this," he said, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear slowly, deliberately. He leaned in closer to her face, almost daring her to close the distance and kiss him.

Falon watched Link, almost mesmerized as he tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear, leaning in closer. She felt as if a magnet were pulling her closer, and for a moment she did want to close the distance, and she carefully brushed her lips against his before her brain actually kicked in and reminded her it was Link Potter, and this was probably part of his trick. With a smirk, Falon moved her lips around to his ear, where she whispered, "Thanks for the drink." With that, she pulled back, and sculled the rest of her firewhiskey.

Link Potter has never met a girl that could hold his attention for more than a couple of dates at best. He’d never had a commitment relationship or a girlfriend. He had a series of one night stands and meaningless dates. There wasn’t a single one that he could say he had feelings for beyond lust. Falon on the other hand was something else entirely. She was witty and beautiful and not fooled by his usual tricks. Plus she could drink and swear like a sailor. A trait he always admired in a woman. Link liked talking to her. She brushed her lips against his so lightly before whispering in his ear that it drove him mad. “Why don’t you let me buy you another one tomorrow night?” Link suggested. “Maybe even with a meal?”

Falon snuck a look at the blonde, who seemed to be quite disgruntled by their intimate acts, and she smiled to herself, knowing it was better for everyone if Falon left now. Besides, it was Link, and she wasn't in the mood to play his games, never mind the fact that she didn't like his twin anymore. If someone had something against Felix, she didn't think she'd ever be friends with them, never mind want to take them to bed. Falon looked at Link as he offered her a drink and a meal the following night, and she had to admit, she was proud of herself for being able to get his attention. "No thanks." Falon said, hopping off of her stool. "See you around, Potter." She said, before leaving without giving him a backwards glance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back