Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
undefined
Wand
Bloodwood 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
There had been a change in weather the previous night and a sudden cold snap had let the sun over the school blanketed in a white layer of snow. Selene knew she had watched it though the window of the ravenclaw tower. It had been a bad night for her. She had thought that her nighmares were getting better but last night had thown her though waves of ice cold seas, stuck in a crowd of people and then as if knowing she would be ready to give up back in the burning mansion a nightmare that had always hanunted her. one would think after almost fifteen years it would have lost its horror but still every time it left her waking up frantic. she had had a doze through the morning and it was now early afternoon and she had escaped the ravenclaw tower and any chance of running into her friend by finding a spot in the north tower. from there she sat looking out of the window. it seemed like there was a huge snowball fight going on on the lawn. she watched from her invisible vantage point as people throwe huge snowballs at each other. too far away to see who was who just the outlines of people though they did all seem to be boys.
as she watched the snow falling her mind want to Thackery and their walk around Salem. winter reminded her of him. It seemed almost ironic that when she had tried to escape her feelings for nell by hiding away in the north tower like the lady of Shalott she was bombarded by memories of Thackery. she took a drink of the hot chocolate that she had brought with her and picked up her tarot cards and started to shuffle them like she had been instructed to do as divination homework. maybe even try a simple reading.

Beau was glad that he was allowed to go to the north towers. It was close to Divination, which was where his father taught. He decided to wait nearby when the class was over, so that he could tell him how his day went. Actually, how his week went. He walked into what he thought was an empty room. Beau had his eyes in a book so he couldn’t see anyone. So, he plopped down on the floor near the wall, as he read. The book was something that Bryce had given him to look into Divination, if he wanted to continue in that subject.

Last edited:
Rhiannon looked up as someone entered the room. it was a boy younger than her, possibly a first-year maybe a second. She watched as he sat down against a wall and started to read. it seemed she was not the only person to like the towers for reading. as she shuffled her mind shifted from Thackery to nell. then back to the people playing in the snow outside. maybe a tarot reading would help her understand what was going on. she shifted positions so that she had space to put the cards then put three cards down turning them over one by one. first up came the ten of wands, the page of swords and finally the fool. she looked at them and tried to commit them to memory so she could look it up later.
It was then that the sound of a page-turning reminded her that she wasn't alone. the boy who had arrived was sitting reading and, if she was not mistaken she realised he was reading the divination textbook. she bit her lip then walked towards him. "Hello, sorry to interrupt. is that unfogging the future? would i be able to borrow it for a moment so i can look up a couple of tarot cards?" she asked hoping that it was right and the boy wouldn't mind her borrowing the book.

Beau continued to read, and he felt someone walking. He looked up to see an older Ravenclaw. She had different colored eyes, which when he realized she was talking, he read if she could borrow it to look up something cards. Beau, at first, did not get what she was speaking about, until he looked down and it all made sense. Tarot cards! So, she wanted to borrow his book! He closed the book and held it out to the other Ravenclaw. He smiled, "Here!" Once the book was out of his hands, he started to sign with his words, "I am deaf so I can only know what you are saying when I am looking at your face. I am Beau Chamberlin, by the way!" Beau introduced himself, while spelling out his name using the alphabet in sign language.

The boy must have been very engrossed in his book because he didn't seem to move until she was standing right next to him. "Sorry I didn't mean to interrupt. I know it is such an interesting book thank you I won't be long" she said. taking the book he offered her. she was about to flip to the correct chapter on tarot when the boy started to talk while waving his hands around. she recognised it as sign language but she didn't understand it but she did catch what he was saying. "It is nice to meet you beau, do you mean Chamberlin like the other divination professor? she asked making sure she was looking at him and not down at the book sitting open in her hands. she hadnt meant to imply anyhing by using the word other only that in her min her mum was the dinination professor she had been the only one to teach her and she was the one she saw most. she had seen professor chamberlin before but never had much to do with him. "I'm Selene Le Fey" she said introducing herself before flicking to the right section of the book.

Beau nodded softly as she said that she wouldn't be long. Then she asked if he meant like the other Divination professor. Beau nodded, and spoke, "Yes! He is my dad!" Beau's expression seemed to be really excited that she heard of him. She then mentioned her name, but the last part, he did not recognize. Names were awfully hard for him without them being written down. So, he sat back a little bit. He asked, "What makes you interested in Divination? Are you taking the class?" Beau has not been able to take it yet because he was just a first year. He would when he got old enough. Since he felt that she was reading the book, she might have a keen interest in it.

Selene listened as the boy said that the divination professor was his dad. he seemed happy that she had recognised the name or that she had made the connection. "I am looking forward to taking your dads class on dreams next year" she said she had hoped that she would learn how to control her nightmares if nothing else. when asked why she was interested in divination she realised that he hadn't made the same connection. not that she blamed him. he looked like a first-year and there were a lot of names and people to learn and one professor who didn't even teach until third-year probably wasn't high on the priority list. "I was doing my homework and practising a three-card tarot reading. I have to do well in class because my mum is the professor. " she said. mentally adding and I have to convince her that I am able to be trained as a seer like her even if she thinks otherwise. to be honest her mum had been a lot better since she had realised that there was no way hse was not taking the cause. but she still felt like she had to impress her mum.

Beau read that she looked forever to taking his dad's class next year, which meant that she was a fourth year now. He still had several years before he would be able to take it. Right, his dad did start on dreams, then astrology, then finally palm reading. Those methods were super interesting to him. Then, he read that she was the daughter of the other Divination professor. He did not know her name, at least, how to pronounce it. "Does your mom pressure you to do really well in her class?" asked Beau with his head slightly cocked to the side. "My dad wants me to take Divination, but only if I really want to." Beau knew that his father was highly supportive of whatever he wanted to do. Beau thought that it was really cool that he met a child of a Divination professor that wasn't his dad.

Selene let out a snort of a chuckle as beau asked if her mum pressured her into being good at divination. "No. just the opposite. she doesn't want me to take the course. so I have to do well to prove I should be taking it." she said. while her mum had never said she couldn't take divination she had picked up on the attitude every time she had mentioned it. though she felt like the lady was getting used to the idea now and not seeming quite so against it now as she had. but she still wanted to prove her mum wrong prove that she would do divination and that maybe she would even be able to train as a seer. the third fourth one currently in the family after her grandma, mum, and aunt Eden. not that she ever saw her aunt. the only contact she had with her was a gift that appeared every year for her birthday. always something really nice. as it was clear her aunt had a lot more money than her mum did. "do you want to take divination?" she asked him as he said his dad wanted him to take it only if he wanted to.

Beau cocked his head to the side as Selene told him that her mom doesn't want her to take the course. That wasn't cool at all! Beau frowned, "Your mom shouldn't do that to you though. My dad would be very excited to have me in his class." His dad was extremely enthusiastic about those sorts of things though. He did not know Professor Le Fey at all, so he could not really make a judgement. His mom spoke of her highly though. That much he remembered. What if Selene wanted to be a seer? Beau didn't know if he had the gift or not, but it would be awesome if he did. Beau smiled, "I think so! I really like Divination, but I sort of like a lot of subjects that don't require a lot of spells. Cause, well." Beau motioned toward his ears, and stopped signing with his hands.

Selene nodded as beau said that her mum should not desuade her from divination. "I think she was excited but she was also worried about it. I am sure she has her reasons." she said sticking up with her mother. she had for the most part gotten over the fact. though she still didn't tell her mum that she and Helia were trying to track down their dad. she had a suspicion she knew who it was but needed more evidence before she was to ask either of them.
As beau said that he prefered subjects that didn't use a lot of spells she couldn't help but smile. "you are not the only one. being able to hear doesn't mean that you are automatically good at spells. my favorite subjects other than divination are herbology, potions and history of magic. the only reason i can transfigure anything is because i practised each spell every night for a month" she said. Helia was more skilled at transfiguration than she was which was one of the hints as to who her dad was.

Beau wondered why her mom wasn't too happy about it. Rather, why she was worried. Beau frowned at the thought of it though. His dad loved Beau's interest in Divination, probably because he took after his dad in a lot of ways. Beau nodded, "Most parents have their reasons I guess." The Ravenclaw thought that parents had their ways about things since they lived a lot longer and had more experiences to teach their kids, though it didn't come without questions. Beau shrugged his shoulders when she explained about how not everyone is good at spells. "My problem is pronouncing the spells. I am pretty bad at it, but I have friends that are helping me out." Beau did not really have a favorite class, right now though. "But I've not taken a lot of classes with spells. Transfiguration is a little hard. Herbology had that one spell that took me ages to say. I dread Charms and Defence Against the Dark Arts."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back