The long lost brother

Jason Gates

Private Physician 💊 Loving Father

OOC First Name
Tamara
Jason hadn't seen his brother in a while, he still had been angry about how he handled the sickness of their mother. He knew it wasn't his fault and he had spoken to Coop. Coop was right and it was time to clear the sky and start over fresh. Jason had brought the biggest bear he could find and walked towards the room that Danielle was going to deliver the baby in. He had planned to wait for his brother to come out and then he would show him the bear he had brought for the little one. Entering the actual room wasn't a very good idea. The delivery should be private and it was special moment for parents. He had heard that Danielle was in labor and he hoped that Angel was born already. So he could reconcile with his brother, he had really missed him. Soon he spotted his brother and he walked over to him, the giant bear over his shoulder. ''Congratulations on being a daddy, Damien'' Jayce said happily. ''I am so sorry for my behavior the last two years.'' He was still angry over some bits and he was probably always going to be. But he didn't want to ruin his relationship with his brother anymore.

Damien was... stunned. Twins. They had given birth to twins. When the girls had been taken and Danielle was asleep, he stepped out of the room for some air, scrubbing a hand over his face. He stopped in his tracks when he heard a familiar voice. His eyes widened as he spun to see his elder brother standing there. Damien was frozen for a moment, not realizing he had started to cry. "Jason?" He breathed, before darting forward and smacking into his older brother, holding him tightly.

Jason had no clue how this situation was going to go. He hoped that Damien would be somewhat glad that he was here. He hadn't expected him to cry and hug him tightly. Jason rubbed his brother back, he had missed Damien. More than he had actually realized. The bear he had brought was now stuck between him and his brother. ''Dam'' He just said, he didn't need any words at this moment. Just holding his brother was enough. He felt his feelings of anger and resentment seeping away. It was stupid that he hadn't talked to him in so long.

Damien was so relieved, he didn't even mind the bear between them. He sighed, sniffling. He had missed Jason so much, they had been so close growing up. His mother's passing had been so hard on him, but losing both their mother and Jason had been a devastating blow. He clung to his older brother now. Damien had felt so lost, and scared, and he couldn't help but cry softly as he held tightly to Jason. "I'm sorry," he whimpered, "I'm so sorry," he bit his lip.

Jason couldn't describe the feeling he was experiencing in words. If he had to try it felt like a missing puzzle piece had finally been found again and it fit perfectly with the rest of the puzzle. ''Don't be sorry, It is my fault.'' Jason said he was the one who had acted like a complete ****. ''How is Danielle doing?'' He didn't want to keep Damien from Danielle. She was probably tired and that meant that Dam had to care for Angel.

Damien chuckled, leaning back a little bit. He put an arm on Jason's, not wanting to be too far from his brother. "Great, she's great," He laughed breathlessly, wiping his sleeves over his eyes. "She's sleeping. So strong," He smiled, putting his hand over Jason's. "Twins. We had twin girls, Jayce," He smiled, teary-eyed, up at his big brother.

When Damien said he had twins Jason was shocked. He was so sure it was going to be one baby and now they also had multiples. It was weird that they never found the second one, pregnancies with multiples were always tricky and required more visits to the hospital. He didn't know how the magical hospitals worked and thus he didn't push the matter. ''Good luck with two Dam, I only brought on gift though so they have to share.'' Jason grinned while holding the giant bear. ''Are the girls both okay?'' Jason didn't know if everything was okay now, he hoped that the sky was clear and they could start over now.

Damien grinned, nodding enthusiastically. "They're great. The girls are beautiful. Angel is the oldest, of course, but Airen followed close behind her." He chuckled. He hesitated a moment, before turning to his older brother with hopeful eyes. "You know, um, Jayce? I could... I could use some help changing the nursery?" He offered shyly, rubbing the back of his neck and looking to his feet. "It's just, uh, just setting up a second crib and moving another chair upstairs, but um, I can buy you lunch for it," He bit his lip, glancing up at his brother nervously.

The names that Dam picked with his wife were beautiful and Jayce felt proud. His two brothers were really grown ups now. One was going to study at some fancy school and Damien was now going to be a daddy to his two daughters. ''I would love to help you with the nursery Dam.'' Jason said to his brother ''You don't have to buy me anything, we are family" He wanted to help his brother even if it was only getting a second crib upstairs, he was secretly going to enjoy spending time with brother. ''I am happy to help with anything you need me for.'' Jayce said ''Cooking is a no go, you got to ask Coop for that.'' Jayce grinned.

Damien felt his heart stutter in his chest. Jason was really back. Damien couldn't resist, he took the bear from his brother and set it on the ground before turning and hugging his brother again. "I missed you," He spoke softly, holding onto his brother tight. "I... I kept tabs, you know, talked to Coop, made sure you were okay," Damien bit his lip. "I thought you hated me," He managed softly.

Jason was secretly glad that Damien removed the bear, what he didn't expect was that Damien return straight back for another hug. He knew he had hurt his family, but Damien had also hurt him. Although everything seemed forgotten after this exact moment. Jason knew he kept tabs, Coop told him that a while ago. ''I didn't hate you, but I was angry for everything what happened with mom'' Damien just got caught in the crossfire. The person he was the most angry on was his mother for not telling him. Although he couldn't have changed anything, he would have tried his darnedest even with Tyra being pregnant with the triplets. ''I just needed a lot of time to think everything through'' On top of that Jason was extremely stubborn and didn't want to let go of his mother. He knew it was stupid, but since his mother wasn't here anymore the second best person to feel the anger towards had been Damien.

Damien bit his lip, resting against Jason and trying to cuddle closer. Maybe he was making up for the years of lost affection, he wasn't sure. "I tried to argue with her, you know," He managed quietly. "But I went with her to a doctor's appointment to get him to tell her I was right, that we should tell you, but... he said it would endanger the triplets, to stress Tyra out, to stress you out, and I just... I couldn't..." He bit his lip, snuggling tighter against Jason a moment before pulling back again. "Do you want to meet the girls?" He asked wryly, a gleam in his eye.

Jason let Damien talk, he knew how hard it had been for him. He had been selfish and didn't look further than his own point of view. It had been hard on him, but not only had he lost his mother he had also lost his brother for a while. '"Sshh, It is okay Damien, I have been stupid and lets just get that whole debacle past us and enjoy what is happening now'' Jason said, he was curious to meet the girls. The two little bundles of joy that were new to the world. ''Of course I want to see them, they do have to share the bear though,'' Jason laughed heartily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back