OOC First Name
Steph
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
November was happy these days, things with Flavio were erasing all the bad memories she had held onto for so long. She hardly felt the pain of her brother brought her anymore, things felt lighter and happier now. She was more capable of forgiveness, at least she believed she was. Really forgiveness was easy, it was letting go the hurt and pain of moments passed that was the hard part. And right now her biggest threat to her own happiness was Amber Wilson. Someone most people would have assumed to not really be a threat but Amber had made it very clear that she was there to stay in Flavio's life. November had made no such move to say she would also be in Ainsley's life, she wasn't as bold as Amber was in their petty fighting. Walking down to the lake she could see Amber there, November knew she would be and that was why she had gone herself to the lakefront. Walking up behind the dark haired girl November wondered where she should begin. A year ago Amber had been rather pleasant to her on Valentine's Day, now it seemed like the perfect moment to repay the gesture.

November was tired of the ill wishing and annoyance that their arguments brought. It seemed silly now to be fighting over nothing than what possibly had just been some sort of misunderstanding from the beginning. She had empty hands not knowing anything material that could make this moment go by with ease. It was all about her words and the ones Amber decided to use in return. "Hi, Amber," November said out loud having said it a million different ways in her head as she walked down from the castle. Her tone was light and she even put a small smile on her face, although it was a timid one unsure how Amber would react to her being there. "Warm day, it's nice," she said commenting on the weather after a moment of silence of waiting for Amber to respond. She felt nervous, after all their last conversation hadn't gone very well at all, so November was excepting this to not go well either, but at least at the end of the day she'd be able to report that she tried to make peace.

The summer sun was still strong, which made it appealing to be outside even if she had to study. Amber was often around people, but sometimes she liked being on her own. She was preparing for the next Charms lesson now, doing the reading at the edge of the lake. Ainsley had some things to do for Wild Patch, so she just hoped her girlfriend would join her here soon. It would be nice to sit here at the lake, maybe hold hands. The two had had a great time at the Valentine's dance, though apparently she had missed some drama. She knew she should seek out Evelyn, but she wasn't sure if she could help her friend with this.

A familiar voice startled her out of her thoughts, and she looked up to see November. For some reason, the girl hadn't been on her mind much lately. The dislike between them had come to a head somewhat recently, and she felt a little bad about how she had acted that day. But the girl just managed to push her buttons, and she really had been frustrated about Flavio. But as she looked at November now, she could see that the girl wasn't here to fight. That was made even more clear from the moment she commented on the weather. "Yes." She said, unsure of what to make of this. "Do... you want to sit here?" She felt a little awkward with November standing over her like that, though perhaps the girl only wanted to talk for a moment before heading her own way again.

November couldn't help but feel uncomfortable around Amber. Ainsley on the other hand had been nice enough to send a rose to her this year, she thought it was really nice. She knew Ainsley was busy with, well being with Amber, but she was glad her fellow muggleborn still thought of her as a friend. Her fears of Amber brainwashing Ainsley to hate her hadn't come true, much like the ones Amber had about Flavio. On the contrary, November just never brought up Amber around Flavio. Either they had been too busy talking about themselves or completely school work Amber never seemed to come up between them. It helped now knowing that Amber was gay and wouldn't be any sort of competition, it had helped November relax into her relationship with Flavio. They were just friends and November was happy to have it that way.

"I was thinking of dipping my feet in, this is the easiest place to do that," November said quickly when Amber offered her a seat. She wasn't sure how she felt sitting next to Amber and what she said was the truth. She reached down and untied her shoes and took off her socks, glad her feet didn't smell. Her jeans were already rolled up and so she simply walked over to the water and when in above her ankles. She offered Amber a small smile, unsure of how to carry on conversation with the girl. The last time they spoke Amber was practically fuming that Flavio would still be her friend and nothing November did would change that. She hoped Amber had come to realize she wasn't trying to steal Flavio from her as a friend. But it was Flavio's choice to be closer to his girlfriend than his friends at the moment. "Flavio said to say hello, he figured I'd see you and Ainsley in the dorms tonight," November said looking pretty much everywhere else but Amber.

Amber instantly felt presumptuous for assuming November had walked up here to talk to her. Apparently the lake had been her destination, not Amber, and she had just been in the way. She nodded as if she understood, though she wasn't very eager to get her own feet wet. Who knew what kind of things were in that lake? She watched November for a moment, trying to see her the way Flavio or Ainsley would, as someone nice. She wondered how much of her negative feelings towards November were warranted. The girl had seemed smug about having a boyfriend, had that been really the case or had Amber seen things that weren't there? She did recall a particularly biting comment from the other girl about how she was a bitter person and the implications that November knew more about how things worked because she had a boyfriend. But she couldn't be sure if November had meant it that way. She frowned slightly at her message from Flavio. "Well, I'll thank him when I see him." She said with a little shrug. "I could also pass it on to Ainsley." Though she wasn't sure why Flavio was telling her hello through November. If he wanted to talk to her, she was never very far off. All he had to do was pause at her table after class. For a moment, she wondered if this was another attempt by November to highlight the fact that she and Flavio were dating, to boast about it. But it probably wasn't. "I could leave, if you want." She said eventually, wondering if November wanted a moment by herself but felt forced to talk to her because of her presence.

November looked down in the water, tiny fish were swimming about in schools. Various magical plants grew in these waters and it was said that mermaids lived at the bottom of the lake. For all the times November had been out at the lake she hadn't ever seen one so she wasn't too sure how true that was. November herself wished Flavio hadn't been so busy these days, she wouldn't mind him spending time with Amber and Ainsley but he also had hardly the time to spend with her without also needing to do homework and extra credit work or studying at the same time. She hoped to visit him over the winter break so they could have time together when they were completely relaxed. Her head popped back up to look at Amber at her last words. She wouldn't mind if Amber did leave but she hadn't thought about how she interrupted the girl's time. She might be waiting for Ainsley or something, it wouldn't be fair of November to force Amber out of the space.

"Or I could go," November said shrugging her shoulders. "There seems to be plenty of room out here, I don't either of us really need to leave, unless you don't want to be around me or vice versa I suppose," November said looking away from Amber out towards the other side of the lake. She wasn't trying confront Amber and it seemed like the other girl also wasn't confronting her. They chewed each other out the last time the spoke, when Amber went off about still being friends with Flavio. "I don't mind you being here or being around you, is what I'm trying to say," November attempted to clean up her words. She felt awkward talking to Amber, always did, her words always seemed to get stuck in her mouth and come out in odd phrases.

Amber felt increasingly awkward sitting here with November so nearby. Not for the first time, she wondered what it was about the other girl that gave her this reaction. Usually she had no trouble getting along with people, or at least having a good reason not to. Lizzie and Rory were both people she disliked and she could clearly point to reasons as to why. But with November things were muddy and unclear, it frustrated her. Shehuffed out a breath when November said she didn't mind being around her. If that was true, why was there a problem? Perhaps it was time to clear the air, even if directly confronting things would probably just make this interaction more awkward. "You've minded being around me before, and I around you." She pointed out, frowning slightly. "I don't even know what happened between us to make things so..." She paused as she searched for a word, "strained." With a small sigh, she looked up at the blond girl. "Was it that time I accidentally made you cry in the dormitory? Is that why you started disliking me?" It seemed like so long ago, and Amber still felt bad about it. She hadn't intended to do that at all, and as far as she could tell it was the start of their weird mutual feud.

November was about to snap back hearing Amber's words, that was until she heard the 'and I around you'. The young teen felt less attacked when Amber also acknowledged that she too hadn't liked being around her just the same as November felt around the girl previously. She glanced over at Amber while the girl continued to speak, not bothering to interject yet. Amber brought up the time she had brought up sisters and it made November miss September, now she felt a little more awkward. "I thought it was the morning after, you gave me a weird look at breakfast when I talked to Flavio, I don't even remember what I had been asking him. I thought you didn't like me then. I don't think... I.... never really intentionally meant to dislike you, I thought from that moment and your actions after you just disliked me and I guess it just rubbed me the wrong way, I don't know," November said towards the other girl enjoying being down at the lake. It felt awkward to tell Amber her exact thoughts on the matter between them but she also knew Flavio would be proud of her for attempting to make amends even if the conversation ends up turning sour.

Amber was surprised when November cited the breakfast after that encounter, thinking back. She had felt annoyed that November had ignored her and only seemed to talk to Flavio. She supposed in hindsight the girl had just had a crush on him, but it had made Amber feel annoyed. She had felt purposely ignored by the girl, never thinking she may be shy or nervous. It seemed to Amber that their rivalry was mostly based on miscommunication, though there was real malice in the later interactions. "I see. I... wasn't mad. I just didn't like how you only wanted to talk to him. I guess." She sighed, running her fingers through her hair as she looked away. "It feels silly to think back to it now. But I didn't really start... being really frustrated until the things you said at the Yule Ball last year. It kind of hurt my feelings." It was hard to admit that November had gotten to her, but while they were being open she had to say it. "I know I played my part too, I'm not saying it was just you. But that fight stands out most in my memory."

November moved her right foot through the water watching the tiny waves move outward and feeling the pressure against her foot of the water she was moving. Listening to Amber, it was easy for November if she wanted to get mad at what Amber was saying. But, she didn't feel like being mad anymore, it was tiring and she knew it was hard for Flavio. She never really talked much about Amber to him and the relationship she had but she knew Flavio was uncomfortable with the tension between them. "I.....I don't..I mean, I just..don't like talking..to new people. And we had gone in to sit and eat breakfast together, it was weird and awkward for me to have you and Ainsley join us when neither of you had ever tried talking to me before. Plus, I only talked to him quietly once, that was to ask how he managed on a test the previous year, he'd been really worried and I helped him study for it, that's how we became friends, studying in third year," November said her eyes still following her feet moving around in the water and not really looking back up to Amber. Thinking back to the conversation she knew she had answered a few of Amber's questions during the meal. But she had felt rather judged by Amber's stare, she had felt uncomfortable around the girl having cried the night before that was true, but she hadn't ever thought to be intentionally rude that morning.

November knew she had been harsh to Amber before the Yule Ball during fourth year. "I think, I was just upset for things you'd said earlier in the semester that came off as harsh, like commenting when we were at the Ravenclaw match and made fun of my nickname for Flavio, I know I had been a bit not to nice before that, but I hadn't known you'd broken up with your boyfriend, so I hadn't meant to be rude about asking why you weren't cheering for him," November said hitting herself in the head for bringing another moment up. November could feel her hand balling up and tightly gripping her pants, letting go November glanced up towards Amber. "It just...always felt like I wasn't allowed to be happy if you were around. Like....you didn't want me to be happy or something, I know that's probably a silly thought to have....Just..Noemie and Flavio were my only friends here..I didn't come from magic...I mean my Aunt, she's a witch, but muggleborn too, and so I just never knew until I got my letter for school and...I don't want you to feel pity for me, that's not why I'm saying this stuff. It just I guess, goes into the reason I felt the way I felt around you and maybe why sometimes I may have come off in a way that upset you," November spoke quietly, but the air was also quiet so she was sure Amber could hear her.

"I'm the only one in my family like this, my Aunt is the only one in her generation of the family. I didn't understand magic when I came here, I was pretty sure they would kick me out of the school if I continued to get Poor in every class. That's when Noemie and I started studying together, suddenly things started to make more sense and she really helped and I stepped out of my comfort zone and asked Flavio to the Yule Ball. Every girl in the dorms was talking about having a date and it being cool and I just did it and he said yes and we studied together after and that became our routine to study for classes. Then suddenly fourth year comes and you show up and then he invites you to study with us. And my crush grew for Flavio and it just seemed like so random that when I started to like him, you forced your way into our relationship, and things at home aren't very good all the time, being a witch and all I'm different and my brother likes to pick on me for it and my sister is my best friend and I never get to see her now. You always seem to catch me when I feel the most down and sometimes that just makes me feel so upset that I say things without thinking, I apologize for that....I never wanted to become a bully, I just felt attacked by your words and I bit back," November said awkwardly standing in the lake while her greatest enemy(?) was on the shore. November wondered if there was more to be said in that moment. She unloaded a great deal of information to Amber, she hadn't ever thought she'd have that much to say to her housemate.

Amber felt strange opening up to November like this, and half expected the girl to lash out at her in return. She watched as the girl moved her foot through the water, still staying clear of the surface herself. She sighed softly when the girl mentioned she hadn't liked talking to new people. Ainsley was the same. Why had Amber understood it when it was Ainsley but not even considering it could bet he same for November? The other girl seemed to remember the interaction very clearly, which seemed to mean it had affected her quite a bit. Amber couldn't remember the exact things said anymore, it was a long time ago after all.

The Quidditch comment had been too far, but the nickname had seemed silly to her. Back then she could't imagine calling Wyatt anything like that, and it was the same now with Ainsley. But it had been unkind of her to laugh. "I always felt like you were judging me, thinking me stupid and shallow and superficial." She said softly. "That's the feeling I got, especially since the Yule Ball. I didn't know you were new to this world or only had Noemie and Flavio. They are both my friends too, I just didn't want you to push them away from me." She said quietly. It was strange that the girl was confessing about her past and insecurities to Amber, but she appreciated it.

She listened as November explained it from her point of view, but could't help defending herself. "I have been friends with Flavio since our first year." She said with a small shrug. "I know you probably felt like it came out of nowhere, but we have also studied together in the past. I didn't know you liked him, and definitely never felt that way about him myself." She sighed deeply. "It annoyed me that it felt like you thought yourself more important to him. But I suppose you ended up being right." As much as Amber and Flavio were good friends, a girlfriend would always take priority. It was an unpleasant feeling, but not one that was November's fault. "I apologize too. I think we have both behaved in ways that were unlike us." She picked a few blades off grass and twisted them in her fingers. "I just..." November had confessed a lot of things at once, maybe it was Amber's turn as well. "I care a lot about what other people think of me. Too much, maybe. So when I started getting the feeling you didn't like me I just felt nervous and uncomfortable because I didn't know why. I take pride in my clothes and appearance, and when you implied that was somehow a bad thing it made me lash out because I wasn't used to being treated that way. I also work hard for my grades, so I got scared you'd think me stupid or silly because I read less books than you. Or like I got my prefect position unfairly." She said, nervous to admit just how much November's opinion had meant to her. "I've tried to let this go a bit more. It is tiring to constantly worry about other's opinions. There came a point where I was taking too many classes for my own mental peace just so I wouldn't disappoint any of the professors by dropping them." She blushed, shaking her head. "That's not important, but I just want to tell you so you maybe understand where some of my anger came from."

November looked up at Amber while the girl was speaking. For some reason it felt like they were coming to an agreement. Both had been pretty bad about the past two years with communication. If they had listened to what was really being said and thinking about where the other might come from things might have been so much different for them. She couldn't remember more than half the fights she and Amber had and what had been said. "I don't think I'm more important..I mean yes we really like each other but he also places a lot of value on his friends," November said shyly. She hadn't thought that Amber would put so much thought into other's thoughts. She hadn't ever cared much about what other people say when it came to people she didn't really know. It was different when words of hate were coming from her brother, those were hard to deal with when she was home. She hadn't ever thought Amber would care what she thought of her. For November, not being friends with someone hadn't ever been something she worried about. "I don't think that," November inserted quickly after the girl mentioned the thought of getting the Prefect position might have been earned unfairly. November hardly cared about getting such a position, she knew she would be terrible at the job. She could hardly speak to one person at a time let alone lead first years every Spring when September came. Looking down at the water with the sand slowly closing in over her feet as she stood still in the light waves of the lake November wondered was there the possibility of letting go of all the anger and confusion with their past relationship and becoming friends? By the book, their characteristics would pair them up as people who should be friends, but it hadn't been that way. November didn't feel like she should push the boundaries and offer friendship right away, but maybe a truce would suffice for the time. It seemed as though they had a lot to turn about each other before she'd really think Amber as a friend. But, November had to admit that knowing what really had been going on in Amber's head made her feel more at ease already. "I think I understand a bit of where you're coming from...maybe we should call it a truce? Like in the future if we feel like someone sounds harsh and we don't understand we step back and try to do this, where we say what's going on, like maybe there is just something behind the reason the person might have said something that came off badly and we just break it down instead of getting more upset with each other?" November offered moving back towards the shore a bit, closer to Amber.

It felt strange to be so vulnerable, and Amber wasn't sure she would believe this really happened later on. Already, it felt like a strange dream. Admitting how much other's opinions bothered her to someone she didn't consider a friend took a lot from Amber, as it felt like giving November a new way to hurt her if she wished. But November wasn't that type of girl. She had never gone out of her way to gossip or bully, but she had given Amber looks and comments that had made her feel judged and uncomfortable. She appreciated what she said about Flavio, giving her a small smile in response. November's suggestion of a truce wasn't bad. "I think we've been... very bad at actually talking." She said a little sheepishly. "I'm more the type not to say anything, but let annoyances build up until it explodes. I'm sorry for not speaking about my feelings sooner, it just isn't always easy for me." Sophie was the same in that way, but she covered her feelings up with frowns instead of smiles. They really were kind of similar. She looked up at November. "Truce it is." She said with a shy smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back