Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Asexual
Wand
Straight 9 1/2 Inch Rigid Walnut Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
Monty was nowhere near drunk enough to be enjoying himself that evening - which was why he had volunteered to fetch the next round of drinks almost immediately after Jon and Misha had finished their first. Stood at the bar, Monty glanced back over his shoulder, spotting his two colleagues at the table near the corner of the room. The wizarding pub thrummed with conversation, an endless, indecipherable cacophony not dissimilar to the buzz of heavy traffic, punctuated with laughter and the sociable clinking of glasses. Witches and wizards dressed in fashionable robes leaned on the bar beside him, competing for the bartender's attention while Monty paid for his drinks. He thanked the man, and then carried the tray carefully back to his table, negotiating an obstacle course of drawn-out chairs and stuck-out feet that seemed contrived to trip him.

When at last he arrived (after a short delay where he'd got stuck behind an impenetrable wall of wizards and hadn't had the courage to interrupt their conversation to ask them to move), he carefully down the tray of drinks, relieved not to have spilled any. "Sorry," he said, as he took his chair next to Jon, "I think there might be some sort of party going on this evening." Certainly Monty had never seen the place quite so busy, though he'd only been two or three times before. "What have I missed?"

Misha enjoyed the breaks between years, he enjoyed the ability to relax and have a couple of beers with some friends. As it turned out they were doing just that. With dozens of other wizards and witch who had also had the exact same idea. The professor was happily buzzed, enjoying the throng of people, drinks and atmosphere. Goodness he loved going to the pub. He was sitting with two of his fellow professors in the room, and looked between Jon who was sat with him and Monty who was lost in the mesh of people. He felt a little bad for the man, Misha didn’t mind getting it and would’ve but they were sticking with their rounds. He moved to help monty with the drinks as he placed them down upon the table, but mostly just helped himself to the drink that was indeed his. ”End of semester celebrations all round I guess,” the professor replied with a smile, ”So, I was about to tell you guys about Kalif walking into my office,” the professor said, he knew he was supposed to keep it a secret, but he couldn’t really help himself.
”Kalif and I are friends of course, even if he won’t acknowledge it, but, I was sat in my office, minding my own business when he just walks in out of the blue,” Misha took a long drink of his beer, ”We have some back and forth banter about wand sizes and then he asked me for advice, dating advice,” Misha broke into laughter, he couldn’t help it, he wouldn’t give much more away about the situation but he had pretty much told them all they would ever need to know. Misha knew that Kalif would probably have an sixth, seventh and eighth sense, knowing that he had admitted such a thing to others, but he couldn’t help it. ”Gotta wonder who the lucky person is,”

One thing Jon loved during the school holidays, was being able to drink with friends without worrying about work he needed to do the next day, and on that night in particular, after a few drinks and an evening full of banter he loved this fact more than ever. He simply felt relaxed, and not just due to having a bit of alcohol in his system, but also being relieved that he could spend at least the next day in bed if he wanted to, and content that he was chatting with people he considered friends without so much as a care in the world. Smiling at Monty as the man returned to the table with their next round, Jon downed the last mouthful of the drink in his hand before picking up the new one. "Thanks for this." He said to Monty, nodding before quickly turning his attention to Misha, who mentioned Kalif Styx of all people, visiting his office to ask about dating advice. Jon wouldn't have believed the ridiculous story if it weren't for the comment about comparing wand sizes, which was what made the story so ridiculous it must have been true. "That's so crazy, wow." Jon commented as he sipped from his drink. Being one to avoid Kalif most of the time as he didn't know what to say, Jon didn't know too much about the guy. He was sure if he did say something though, and regarded the guy in the same casual way he talked to his other co workers, he would probably be hexed, too. But given how serious Kalif appeared on the surface it seemed fitting for such a crazy situation to happen, at least in his opinion. "What if it's someone we know? Did he give you a hint?" Jon asked, half joking and not really expecting an answer. If he were being completely honest he really didn't want to think about Kalif Styx's love life outside of joking about it.

"Oh, yes, of course," Monty said. He'd not considered when he'd arranged the date how busy the pub would be - only that he wanted to meet his friends as quickly as possible after the end of term. Still, after a few more drinks, he was sure he would forget about the noise and the crowding, or at least relax in spite of it. He took a sip of his drink as Misha began his story - and then nearly choked. There was absolutely no chance Kalif Styx had joked with Misha about wand sizes - or asked him for dating advice. And yet it was so ridiculous that Misha couldn't possibly have been making it up. Monty covered his mouth as he tried and failed to suppress his laughter. Kalif would have hexed all three of them on the spot if they'd known they were talking about this - or worse. "Mm - I had a friend at school who was approached once by a girl for dating advice," Monty mused aloud seriously. "Two weeks later she admitted that it had all been a ruse, and that she was, in fact, actually besotted with him." He raised his drink to cover his grin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back