Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi (Flynn)
Wand
Curly 14 1/2 Inch Unyielding Cypress Wand with Veela Hair Core
Yellow rose, open after Ruben

Ivy was determined to do well with her deliveries. She wanted to be done quickly, to prove she could be as good at finding students as anyone else. She wasn't shy, and knew she could approach older students without a problem. Both Brooke and Delilah were also delivering roses, so Ivy definitely wanted to be faster than them. The first person she had on her list was one she knew, but it took a little while to find him. "Ruben!" She finally called, spotting her Slytherin classmate in one of the corridors. "I have a rose for you!"

Ruben turned to whoever calling his name "Hi Ivy" he said when he saw the girl "Another one?!" he said not even bothering to hide the surprise. He had no idea who could be sending him so many roses, when he woke up this morning he was sure he wouldn't be getting any but this was his second one. "Please tell me it's not another pink one" he asked Ivy hopefull that it wasn't.

Ivy smiled as the boy acted surprised to get another one, but then frowned a bit. "Wait, how many have you gotten?" She asked, wondering how it compared to her own amount. She had been so focused on being fast in delivering them, that she hadn't even thought about thinking of who in her year group got most roses. She doubted it would be her, anyway. She didn't have that many friends. "You had a pink one?" She asked, clearly surprised. She had assumed first years would be too young for pink or red roses, she definitely felt too young. "This one is yellow." She told him. "Don't worry." She then handed it to him, the note attached to it.

Ruben,

Thank you for being my friend.

And " hunting " Thestrals...

Lily

Ruben answered the girl's question "Well, only one. But in my defense, it was pink. A pink rose is worth a thousand roses" he said laughing. "Yes a pink one that made me think a lot about the future but I've had some advice from someone on how to face things" he said remembering Mazikeen's advice to just communicate and be honest about how he felt. He read the note and couldn't help but smile, it was a sweet note that he had to thank Lily for, he put it in his back pocket and focused on the other girl "What about you? Many rose?" he asked.

Ivy was amazed to hear Ruben had gotten a pink rose, and she couldn't help being curious. "Who sent it?" She asked, though she wasn't sure if he would tell her. They weren't friends, they barely knew each other. But Ivy was curious, much like she was in class when they were learning new things. The boy's question made her shrug. "None yet, but the day isn't over." She said, though she did worry a bit about not getting any. Ivy hadn't made as many friends as she had thought she would, even feeling a bit excluded from the other girls in her dormitory. But it was fine, she was doing fine and at least could focus on her schoolwork that way.

Ruben wasn't sure if he should tell Ivy who sent the rose but honestly she probably didn't even knew the girl so he decided to tell her, worst case scenario was that Ivy was her best friend and would tell her about his thoughts on the rose before he had the chance to "Pippa Woodbury, she is a Slytherin" he said. Ruben felt bad that Ivy didn't have any roses to he put his hand on her shoulder looked at her and said "If you don't get any just send me an owl. Next year you'll be receiving letters all day from me" he said with a laugh to hopefully cheer up Ivy, but she was right the day wasn't over yet. "How are you enjoying delivering roses? I had so much fun" he questioned her.

It surprised her that the boy actually told her who had sent the pink one. "Alright, I won't tell anyone." She promised him. There was a temptation to tell Brooke, as she must know the girl from being in Slytherin too. But then the boy offered to send her letters next year if she didn't get any roses, and Ivy took a step back and shook her head. "I'll get one, or two." She told him. She didn't need any pity. "I bet I've just been hard to find because I have been delivering them." She said with a shrug. "It's alright. Are you done already?" Ivy had thought she had been fast, but it seemed like she had soundly been beaten by this boy.

Ruben felt like he had crossed a line, clearly the girl didn't take it very well when he said he'd send her rose, maybe she was trying to distract herself from that and Ruben had just spread salt on the wound.
"Yeah I'm done" he said with excitement "It was honestly fun to find everyone. But my legs are dead" he added with a laugh.

Ivy was glad the boy dropped the idea of sending her a rose just because she hadn't gotten one yet. She would have plenty this year and next year. It frustrated her a bit to hear him confirm he was already done. "I'm not tired at all." She countered when he complained about his legs being dead. "I should go on, I have more roses to deliver." She then said quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back