Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
too young to care
Wand
Curly 11" Flexible Cypress Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Halloween remained Leonardo's favourite holiday. His costume, not unlike the year before, was exceedingly simple. He was wearing, mostly, his uniform with a fake cut on his forehead, that was still half bleeding down his face. He was sure he'd done almost the same costume the year before, but he had just decided to stick with it. Having like that, it was at least a costume. He wasn't really one for that element of Halloween, half before he didn't have enough clothes to make a costume with, and he just had never and could never get away with asking for something so frivolous. But he was never skip the Halloween feast because he swore down they had the best snacks. So he was in the hall and had a whole plate of his favourites, glad to see that the headmaster had kept all of them and then had immediately found an empty table to sit at and enjoy them. As he did so, he tried to smile, to feel the contentment over having snacks he liked and being at a celebration that he enjoyed, but didn't manage to. Leo was quick to stop trying just focus on the snacks, so he wouldn't have to think it about it more.

Niamh had had trouble deciding what she wanted to dress as for Halloween. there were so many options. in the end she had decided with a simple costume. not necessarily 'traditional Norwegian dress' something she was considering wearing for the ball one year. but the kind of thing people wore when reenacting viking days. in fact it was a dress of her mum's that had been worn for just that a few years ago that she was finally able to fit into. she loved it, it reminded her of home which was something that she always missed. and while she was starting to feel more and more at home here she wondered if she would be able to go back to her proper home over Christmas.
She entered the great hall and headed over to the snack table. getting a plate and adding some pumpkin bites, and others snacks before looking for some friends to join, she eventually saw Leo sitting at a table on his own and made her way over to him. was it really the Halloween feast if she didn't hang out with leo? "Hej Leonardo, Happy Halloween. would you mind if i joined you?" she said. Leo was one of her closer friends but she realised that she actually hadn't made much time to hang out with him recently.

Leonardo glanced up from his snacks and his expression softened a little at Harmony, he almost tried to to smile, but in the end just gave a little curt nod of his head. She knew what he was like. The boy shook his head lightly to the question. "I don't mind," he told her. He hadn't spent too much with her recently, and felt a little bad for it. He knew he should make more time for his friend. "How are you?" he asked, "The snack spread is pretty good," he motioned over to the snack table where he'd gotten most of his snacks. "What are you...dressed as?"

Sky sat down at Leonardo's nod. and offered him her plate in case he wanted anything. "I am well sorry for not spending much time with you this semester. how are you?" she said. Taking a mouthful of a pizza with cheese 'cobwebs' on it "Yes the food is pretty good, what do you recommend?". Though she was usually limited for vegetarian options but that was something she was used to. "I am dressed as a viking." she said. She looked across the hall and the different outfits. she could see renata in a black dress she quickly looked away from her feelingslightly guilty about the three legged race, Gwen in angel wings, a princess, some ghosts. "there are some good costumes around this year" she said. finishing her pizza and picking up an eye pie.

Leonardo was a little surprised by her apology, and just shook his head at her. ”It's okay, Harmony,” he assured her, since he really didn't mind. She was a friend, and he trusted that even when they didn't spend too much time together, that didn't change anything between them. ”The cupcakes were good,” he was pretty sure he said that every time, since it was something he enjoyed a lot. He looked at her costume and nodded, now that she said it felt like a pretty good costume. ”You okay?” he asked with a little frown before glancing about the room at the costumes. ”Yeah, they're pretty good. Who do you think might win?”

It always caught Niamh a little of guard when someone called her harmony. usually it was only her grandparents who did. but when leo used that name she kind of liked it. she was not overly surprised when leonardo said he would recommend the cupcakes. "I will have to get some when i next go back to the table." she said and while she was quite happy to frown at usual eating order and start with sweet (and maybe middle and end with cake too) she had best at least finish what she had already picked up.
she took another mouthful of food and chewed it absentmindedly as she accidnelty got lost in her thoughts. it wasn't until she heard Leo's voice that she returned back to the here and now. she shook her head slightly in a way that she hoped was more saying sorry I was lost in thoughts than saying she wasn't okay. "Yes I'm fine just looking at the costumes. I should be the one asking you that as you are the one with a gash on his head which I hope is part of your costume and not the result of a quidditch accident." she said. in a way that was joking but still felt serious. "hmm that is a good question. i think my favorite is that one over there, i don't know who or what it is but it feels very halloweeny" she said pointing to someone with their head covered dressed up as some not quite ghost and flickering in and out"[/b] she said. pointing to one person. "sqen looks stunning as always, and the other angel is nice too. and wow are those fish flying" she said as another costume caught her eye as she had been deliberately not looking at renata at all in her black dress and . "which do you like" she asked.

Leonardo glanced towards the costumes that were dotted about. "It's fake," he assured her with a serious tone about his own costume. It was a fairly easy thing for him to do and counted as a costume. He looked back at the others, to the one she had singled out as her favourite. It was a pretty nice costume. He spotted Gwen as Harmony pointed her out, and then to the girl who had fish. When the question was posed back to him he gave a little shrug. He looked back at the crowd of people, he was looking very seriously at what everyone was wearing, saying nothing as he did so. "I like your costume," he said eventually, not even glancing back at her as he said it.

sky took another mouthful of food and nodded with a humm of understanding as Leo said that the cut was fake. she swallowed and looked at it a little closer the lighting in the hall making it a little harder to see the details "it is a good cut, looks very realistic"' she said.
She continued to look around the room, as more and more people were arriving there were more costumes on display. She opened her mouth to point out another costume when leo spoke. "thank you" she said as she glanced over at him felt a blush rising on her cheeks and then looked away glad that leo wasn't looking at her. 'It is one of my mums costumes from when she did re-enacting at the viking museum" she said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back