Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 15 1/2 Inch Rigid Cedar Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Little did Lycus realized that he enjoyed being with Kaia. She was different than other people that he knew, she was a calm, clever, quiet person and he liked her qualities. The forbidden forest and the cliff were two of Lycus' favorite places to be at, it was just him and the summer wind. It was getting warmer everyday, the sun has to mercy to New Zealand causing Lycus to get burnt from staying away from the shades. With this in mind, Lycus sat under a big tree and pondered on his life. Lycus knew what kind of person he was and what his future is going to be but he hadn't quite figured out what his parents are arranging for his future. Not having any interest in getting married or any romantic relationship, Lycus knew that his parents would arrange something for him unless he had the same fate as them. Getting married with his partner in crime who shared a similar life style and mindset which he had none. This made him wonder if perhaps... It would be alright for him to end up with a person who is nothing like him.

Kaia was glad she had at least made a new friend this semester. Admittedly she was getting bored and kind of lonely constantly either being in the common room, library studying or reading or writing somewhere outside - every time she had been alone. Until she had gone to the forest the other day and met Lycus. He was pretty cool, if you looked past the arrogance and bossiness, which most people he met probably did not do and took him as cruel. Kaia went to the cliffs for a change. She never came here and today felt different so when she arrived, she stopped and scanned the area looking for a good spot to stay at. Kaia always loved sitting under trees and she found one. She plopped down against it and smiled, closing her eyes. When she opened them again after a few minutes someone grabbed her attention. He was on the tree opposite. Smiling, Kaia went over to her friend and sat down next to him. "Hey."
<i></i>

Lycus was about to jinx whoever sat next to him until he figured out who she was. He wasnt expecting Kaia to be in the cliff, could it be a sign that they were meant to be friend? "What makes you think you can sit here?" he said coldly ((sorry for the GM)) and the girl was ready to stand up but Lycus held her hand forcing her to sit. "Yeesh I was only asking, that doesn't mean that I want to cast you away" he let go off her hand and rested his head against the tree. Lycus had never spent his days like this with anyone. But Kaia was special, he knew she was special from the first time they had a conversation. "I do not wish to know anyhing about anyone unless they're related to me but it appears like we are going to keep on bumping on each other making us more than just two strangers. Hence I need to know about you. Tell me Kaia, who are you?" her family, her future, her dreams he wanted to know everything.

She shrugged. "I'll sit here if I want to." She was reminded of the first time they had met and it was getting tedious but who was she to complain when Lycus was literally the only person she could call her friend, besides two other first years but she only met them once. Besides she wanted to be with company, and not be a loner anymore. That was how sad her life was getting - she was actually volunteering spending her days with somebody other than herself. Shortly after her response he grabbed her hand because she was about to leave as she was not going to deal with it today and instead sat her back down next to him. Kaia ignored the electric shock she felt when he had touched her hand and instead said, "Yeah I guess," when Lycus told her they were probably meant to spend their days with each other and develop a friendship. "There isn't much to say, I was born in London, I have a younger brother who is ten, I have two older twin cousins in fourth year. My favourite classes are Defence Against the Dark Arts, Charms and History of Magic and I have no idea what I want to be when I'm older. Oh and I'm in second year. Anything else?" The ravenclaw had started off with the simple stuff and hadn't gone too deep in the family matters yet. It was a start. Plus he already knew she was adopted and that had been a big step for her.
<i></i>

The eyes of Lycus began to sparkle in satisfaction when he heard the girl saying that she would sit there if she wanted to. She had learned a lot, she knew how to talk to Lycus properly and this made him... Happy wouldn't be the exact word since he had never felt happy before... Satisfied... That's it, satisfied. Though his eyes reflects his emotion, his face was cold as cold as an ice berg. "You're one wierd fellow, not knowing about your future" Lycus said without looking at her. Kaia had was a veela- like to Lycus, she had this charm which made him fond of her. He had never talked to anyone this way before, no conversation can last more than 5 minutes. But with Kaia, he felt like he could trust her. Though she will have to deal with all his anger issues and his violent behavior, poor girl... Trapped in the devil's web, Lycus' web. "When you get to find out who your parents really are, I do wish you have no mixture of filth in your blood. Not even a veela" mix breed are disgusting to Lycus and his family although they hated muggle the most. "I don't want ANYONE to know that we often spend time together, do you understand?" Or in other words... Friends...

Kaia felt like she was finally in control of her own life for once with Lycus around. See, making new and different types of friends was good for her. Mostly. It obviously depended on who she met and whether she'd be able to keep that friendship. She hoped she and Lycus would be friends for life though, as cheesy as that sounded. "I don't know, my parents want me to do something but I don't exactly think it's right for me, you know?" the Ravenclaw sighed. "Just out of curiosity. What do you think of veelas?" Kaia had never said anything about them, but she preferred not to deal with them. To her they were like muggle models - fake. Of course, it was all for business but you never knew with a veela and therefore in her opinion it was always best not to get involved in the first place. She had asking him what he thought in case they shared the same feeling about those creatures. She felt uncomfortable around them and that was never a good sign for the brunette. What Lycus said next confused her. "Why not? What's wrong with being friends in public, did I do something wrong?" She asked tentatively. That had not been very nice but then again, Kaia had been around people like him and she had gotten used to the way they treated and talked to her. Still, it wasn't a reason for him to do that to her, too.
<i></i>

Lycus chose to ignore her statement about Kaia explaining what her parents wanted her to do that wasn't inline with her will. As for Lycus, whatever his parents decided for him to be would be a period not a coma. He knew that they would want something good for Lycus and whatever they wanted him to be would be the best way of life. When Kaia asked Lycus about veelas, he actually turned his head to face her. He wasn't sure what to answer as he had never gotten such question from anyone before. "I can make peace with pure veelas but not those filthy cross breed creatures. Why?" The pure veelas are alright, every pure races would be fine for Lycus. Everything had to be in line according to the tradition of each creatures. "Just trust me this time, d@mn it!" he said a little louder, he had never been this loud before. He feared for Kaia's life and he didn't know why he was so eager to protect the girl. Lycus decided to explain the reason why he wouldn't want anyone to know about their relationship. "None of my family members got married to a muggle/ half blood/ veela/ giant/ any other creatures. We like to keep it pure and traditional. But in order to do that each of us have to get married to those who share the same thought and marriage always start from somewhere, acquaintance, friends. My family wants to keep my friendship far from being defiled. They wont be happy if I befriended a blood traitor or make myself as one" He took a deep breath before continuing with his famous cold and flat tone. "There are currently 4 Howard in this school including myself, and perhaps 4 more are joining the club next year. I do NOT want any harm for you that may be caused by any of my family." He then looked at the girl with his cold looks "NO ONE must know about this, do you understand?" his eyes displayed fear, eyes never lied. All the children were just like her mother where the eyes could never hide their true emotion.

"Just wondering." Her mind was still processing the fact that Lycus seemed to hate other creatures but veelas and for a split second she wondered if his family all thought the same, the parents, and so the children wouldn't dare question what their parents opinions were. It was sort of the same with Kaia's adoptive family but who knew when her 'parents' actually made peace with Kaia's own thoughts. She had always tried to impress them by doing whatever they wished and she had to admit it was tedious, boring and unlike Kaia to do so. She couldn't just ignore them, however, her parents were very unpredictable and could be nice the one moment, shrieking from the bottom of their lungs the next (with a beating or two). The girl smiled at Lycus words, and her suspicions were answered when he finally told her why he didn't want them to be seen around together - especially by his siblings. She'd probably do the same when her brother enrolled next year, about keeping her friendship with Ly secret. She knew Matt and if he didn't do it she was convincing enough to make him keep his mouth shut. She softened when she saw the fear in his eyes. Oh. "Don't worry. My lips are sealed," she spoke quietly, but loudly enough for her friend to hear.
<i></i>

Lycus began to think if his friendship with Kaia was a good thing in the first place. "You... You don't know what they're capable of" Being in a poitoneer family, all the kids could name the basic poison and potion ingredients in their sleep. And h3ck did any of his cousins were afraid of Azkaban not to mention his siblings. "Here take this" Lycus took out a little box of dried herbs and a little pendant which was actually a container, covered with pink diamonds. He then placed in the herbs that he had selected into the star and insert it to a white gold chain that he had always worn. "A small amount of dried devil's breath, and Valerian will make the consumer sleep. I want you to drink this if we by any chance get caught. I'll tell them that I'm experimenting on a potion, making you as my guinea pig. I swear to Merlin to keep you safe, if you just... If you just promise me to drink it when I tell you to" he said looking her straight in her eyes with fears reflecting all over his eyes. He handed her the necklace with the little star shaped container. "Until you find out which family you belong in, and whether or not that family is pure and shares the same mindset as mine, you will have to keep this with you." no one would notice that the pendant was actually a container. So Kaia should be safe from any suspicion that may appear. "This is the last pendant that I have for this year. And the gods know how expensive this costs me. If you lose it then I'll have to kill you before the any of my cousins or siblings can" he said flatly. He meant to joke but he didn't know how to show it to the girl. "Don't worry I'll be gentle, you'll die with no pain. It is I who you must fear who will be locked up" Lycus was very comfortable with Kaia. He liked the girl, she made him feel important and needed.

"You're right. I don't," she repeated, her tone flat. She was less impressed by his attitude as the minutes passed by. Kaia was ready to get up and leave if he continued to act like she was his puppet and she wasn't going to sit around for much longer if Lycus kept treating her this way. She felt something that made her stay and be his friend however, but she had absolutely no idea what it was. The Ravenclaw did know what it felt like being part of a family who criticised every person they knew you hung out with and it was horrible. She understood his side of it but to her that was no excuse for him talking to her like that. It was getting tedious but she didn't say anything, she had tried before with talking the person out of treating her that way and it never worked. She could handle it, at least. Kaia rolled her eyes but took the damn thing from him anyway. She saw the fear in his eyes and her gaze softened, if only briefly. His words made the brunette's stomach flutter. She ignored it. Instead, she very quietly said, "okay," without complaining. She could see how much it meant to him. Her fingers brushed against the necklace after she put it on. "Haha," she said. "I wonder who'll rescue you," she joked winking.
<i></i>

Lycus was glad that Kaia took the little gift, the lace and pendant meant a lot to him. He had kept it with him for a while now, he didn't know who to give it to seeing how he didn't have any friends. But he was glad to meet Kaia, she must be special to him that he would share something important with her. Worse, he feared for her safety which he had never experienced before. "Did I mention that I have a twin brother? We're not identical but his name is Augustus, a Gryffindor" This was the first time Lycus shared anything about him or his family to other people and he quite enjoyed it. "Kaia" he paused not knowing how to tell this to the girl. Normal people would just smile and hug the person that they liked as a friend but Lycus had never felt this way before and he wasn't sure how to express it. "You may find me quite different than other people" he paused again trying to think what he should say next. "My papa always said to mama that she is his favorite person. They've been friends since they were very young and have always been each others favorite. After being well acquainted with you for quite a while... And after you leaving me all alone for several weeks, I had time to contemplate about our... Friendship" Lycus was uncomfortable in using that word, it just slipped off his mouth. "And even though you can be stupid, naive, foolish, and pathetic" Lycus shook his head, he was trying to be nice but he couldn't help to point out flaws that may or may not exist in other people. "But you are my favorite person" he took a deep breath before looking to the girl in the eyes nervously. This was the friendliest attempt Lycus had ever made to anyone that wasn't one of the family friends or his family. "You may choose to leave me now if you do not feel that way, it's probably better if you're not around me anyway. That way you can stay away from all the damaging psychological and physical... Abuse that may be shown or caused by any of my family" he didn't want her to leave but he was going to let her choose. If she was going to stay with him as friends then Lycus would feel like he owned her, all to himself.

Kaia wasn't one to gape, but she raised her eyebrows for a moment or two when Lycus told her he had a twin brother. A twin? That was amazing! "Oh wonderful! My cousins are twins!" She said, her annoyance only slightly gone. It was there all right but she was ignoring it because she wanted to enjoy the time she had with her friend in peace without having to worry about anyone finding them together. This was what their friendship came to, but Kaia couldn't do anything about it. She added, "Amy's in Hufflepuff. Dan's in Slytherin, it must be so cool to have a twin," she told him smiling. Maybe Lycus heard of them before, but then again maybe not, considering he was a first year and they were in fourth. The Ravenclaw stopped when he said her name. There was something in his voice that made her want to listen to him. Or it might have been the way that he said her name.

This time, the girl didn't comment on his hesitation about their friendship because she finally got why and how hard it must have been for him just to tell her after only knowing her for a month and a bit. Kaia truly didn't get how bad or strict the situation was and therefore remained silent as he spoke. When he was done and it was her turn, she said, "
you know, you're actually not as cold as some people say you are. You do have a heart," her voice was soft. "Somewhere inside there's the comfortable, socially awkward you - like right now." Hopefully her careful choice of words were not going to make Lycus turn back into the person he was used to showing. Kaia personally preferred this Lycus, not the cold harsh one. Now she knew he had a heart.

She was unsure as to how to take the compliment, barely anyone ever called her their favourite person, besides her brother and even then it had been so long since that came out of Matt's mouth. "
Thank you," her voice was even smaller if that was possible. "No one ever says anything like that to me. It feels...nice. Only Matt has called me beautiful once before, it could've been a joke though, you never know with him." Kaia had no idea why she just mentioned that to Lycus about her family. She probably needed to come out with it to someone and that person happened to be him. She snapped out of it fast at his next words. "Like hell I'm leaving! If I want to be your friend, then I will, I really don't care who's in the way." She folded her arms in defiance. She refused to back down from a probable-lifelong-friendship. She needed him as a friend as much as he needed her. She was not going to obey to his family's wishes. Especially if her blood status wasn't her foster family's.

Amy and Dan, Lycus couldn't recall who they were as Lycus never really cared whose who. But Augustus should know, he gave all the information that Lycus needed when it comes to individuals in the school or even outside the school. His twin brother had all the information while Lycus had the strategy to attack those who they disliked. "Augustus, has a different way of approaching other people" he started to think of his family how he couldn't trust any of them and how any of them would kill whoever betray the family. "Though you can never trust Augustus, or Sybil, or really any of them. Is... Is any of your family like mine?" he was trying to describe what his family was like but he couldn't find the right illustration. "In a nutshell, we're like a pact of wolf, we do everything together and we have our own game in hunting. And NO ONE is to disobey that rule or..." he couldn't continue. He quite like being in the pact eventhough it wasn't everyone's cup of tea. But he was afraid of scaring the girl away.

Lycus was surprised seeing how Kaia observed him, calling him a boy with a heart eventhough he had been a pain to other people. Lycus looked away and digested what she had to say. His face was cold and straight while his eyes sparkles with satisfaction. "You're he first human being who treated me this way" or in other words, thank you. If they wanted to keep their friendship last, Lycus would have to know what Kaia's blood status was. He wanted to keep her to himself, alive. "Good" he said when the girl said that she wont leave him. Lycus grabbed the girl gently by the wrist as he locked his eyes to hers "Because you're mine, and I don't share what's mine" at this point he didn't care if he scared he away. He let go of the girl's wrist before standing up and cleaning his robes from the dirt "The heaven is about to pour heavily hence I'm leaving and so will you" he commanded at once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back