OOC First Name
Madz
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Wand
11½' Holly Wood Core of Augurey Tail Feather
Joshua wasn't sure what's got into him lately, it's like he was doing everything he wouldn't normally ever do. Like yelling at Alexis his best friend and kissing Yvette, a girl he barely knew. He was acting on impulse, his emotions and hormones were heavily influencing him. He didn't know if that was good or bad like he didn't mind kissing Yvette. She was hot, very good looking and Joshua couldn't get her out of his mind. On the other hand, he was starting to feel terrible for yelling at Alexis. She didn't deserve that, and he thought of apologizing to her. No excuse was sufficient enough to excuse his actions, honestly, he wasn't ready to face the truth. Instead, Joshua stayed away from Alexis. Today was no different, Joshua pushed it a little further with avoiding Alexis. He took his meal and sat right next to Yvette, a small smile found his lips. "Hey Yvette," Joshua greeted her smoothly. At the very least he wasn't stuttering as much as before. Writing and working on his speech has helped improve his speech impairment. "How are you?"

For the past two days since her disqualification from the dueling tournament happened, Yvette hadn't gotten any sleep. She was waiting for any letters from her parents about it. And she was still waiting for it. The young Slytherin girl was always dreading to eat breakfast at the Great Hall where the Owl post were always delivered. Nora had to drag her out of bed to get something to eat and this time the older Maxwell decided she will levitate her to the Great Hall. Scared straight that she might get dropped on the stairs, she obliged to eat breakfast that day.

Seated at their usual table, the Slytherin table, nothing was unusual. The Owl post had arrived and none came from her parents. Yvette enjoyed stuffing her mouth with pancakes whilst listening to her cousins talk about the people they like. She was on her second bite when a familiar voice greeted her. The brunette Slytherin looked up, pancakes blocking her mouth to speak. She met Joshua at the Yuleball dance, it was a nice meeting but then it turned awkward the next day.
"Huuuyyy, me dong geat." The gibberish she just spoke was embarrassing enough that the people near her looked at her.

Yvette hurriedly chewed her food before acknowledging Joshua again with a smile this time.
"Sorry, been pretty hungry lately." She wasn't. She was perfectly fine of not eating breakfast but she has to mingle with other people. Her heart beat started raising, Yvette didn't want Joshua to know what happened to her at the duel. "So, this is unusual of you to visit our table, isn't it?" She questioned. Yvette had thought Joshua was a restricted Ravenclaw that only seats at their respective house tables.

Alexis was still shaken after the duels. She barely won against Charlie Maddison. The Ravenclaw did not care about it at all, her mind was all over the place. Sure, she spent time with Xavier but she had missed spending time with another person within the confines of their common room. She had never thought their misunderstanding would escalate to the point of avoiding each other. Their fellow Ravenclaws already started to notice as the once inseparable fifth years even at meal times were in cold terms. They still saw each other at the table but it was like each of them were on opposite sides at opposite ends.

With this in mind, Alexis was still thankful that she could see Joshua at their table. That meant the boy was still eating his fill. She did not that last thing would change that day as soon as she entered the Great Hall. She was on her way to the Ravenclaw Table when she saw her best friend, or might even become an ex-best friend, brought his meal over to the Slytherin Table and sat approached Yvette Maxwell, of all people. Alexis was not particularly fond of Noelle's twin sister and she could never understand why Joshua would spend time with her. She was stopped short at what she had witnessed. She did not know whether to go to the table, or the Hufflepuff's and sat with Xav or Noelle, or just went back her way back to her dormitories.

OOCOut of Character:
This is late, but I'm replying to it anyways.

Jenna hasn't really been filled in on what was happening between the two best friends. Most of the time, she was clued in and made speculations from a distant. However, this time around she couldn't guess and come up with her own theories. Jenna would either have to question her brother or Alexis, she went with the latter. Joshua would only tell her, deja de ser entrometido (stop being nosey). The brunette casually made her way inside the Great Hall, she paused her steps to see Alexis standing by the entrance eyeing her brother from across the hall. "Hola, what the heck is going on over there?" Jenna observed him a good minute or two before she asked Alexis. It seems like he was chatting up with one of the Maxwells from what Jenna could tell. The Maxwell girl who apparently went overboard in her dueling match, Jenna heard that from SDA club members. The headmistress hadn't been really impressed with the girl's techniques. "Are you two, like, still friends or something?"

Joshua found himself laughing from the gibberish expelling out of Yvette's mouth. It was strange, he not typically a laughing type of person. He noted that too, but it could be simply that he found the girl to be funny. "It's okay, eat as much as your heart content," replied the boy smoothly. A blush ride up his neck, he could feel himself go a little red over the pretty brunette. Joshua nodded, unusually comfortable sitting besides Yvette. "It is, I thought you wouldn't mind me sitting over here with you. After, y'know, what happened...," Joshua hinted at, keeping his voice low as he didn't want the rest of the Slytherin house to hear him speak on something private. Joshua glance over from across the hall to see Alexis and Jenna standing by the open double doors. Jenna was mouthing something to Alexis, they had to be gossiping about him. Jenna had to stick her nose into everything, and, Alexis, Joshua didn't peg her for a gossip. Joshua averted his gaze, returning his attention back to Yvette.

The brunette Slytherin smiled at his comment, she mostly gets scolded for eating like a pig as her father was strict when it comes to manners. "Will do." She said as she took a strawberry from one of the fruit bowls. Yvette felt very comfortable with Joshua around. She could be or do whatever she wanted. But that bit of feeling of embarrassment was still there from the previous happening. The kiss was perfect but it felt forced for her. "It was one time, don't be conscious about it. One time ..." Yvette trailed off, thinking if that would be just that. A one time deal from him. The young girl finished her strawberry until the leaves were the only thing left.

Then she noticed Joshua glanced to the door of the Great Hall. Yvette followed his gaze and saw a glimpse of a distant relative. The Slytherin rolled her eyes and said,
"What does she want again?" She and Alexis hasn't been in good terms, she doesn't treat her like part of the family exactly. She was, after all, a relative through marriage. "Miss Daisy needs something from you or?" Yvette asked Joshua.

Alexis was about to step back from the Great Hall when Jenna appeared beside her. The Slytherin seemed to be looking at the same direction she was setting her eyes on. Hoping that Jenna did not notice her, she was about to slip away when the young girl directed her attention at the Ravenclaw. Asked about her and Joshua, she only sighed sadly. She was about to answer when Joshua saw them as well as Yvette. The latter looked irritated at her to which she paid no mind. They were relatives by marriage through his brother Achim and Louise Maxwell. Her blue eyes were only on Joshua. She controlled her tears as she disregarded Jenna's question. "I - I should go, Jenna.", she said, although her feet were still planted to her spot.

Jenna had no idea what was going on but clearly, it was upsetting Alexis. "Hey chicka, don't let them get into your head," Jenna advice the other brunette. Brown locks swayed as Jenna stepped in further inside the hall to confront her brother. "No, come on Alexis," Jenna grabbed the other girl's hand, dragging Alexis over to the Slytherin's table. Jenna attempting to get to the bottom of this one way or another. As soon as they reached her house's table, Jenna stood in front of the pair with Alexis inches away from her. "Mind telling me why you're being a jerk to Alexis? You guys are best friends and now you're not? Let me guess, bet it has something to do will little Miss Maxwell over here," Jenna glared at Yvette. It's not like Joshua to drop someone like that, it was so out of character and Jenna couldn't stand it. What's come over the Ravenclaw, she wonders, glancing over to her brother with a lot of questions in mind.

One time...Joshua was kinda hoping for more if it wasn't obvious that he was infatuated with Yvette. He wanted more and possibly go on a date with her if he was given the chance. "Right, one time," Joshua ducks his head, not trying to come across like he was just rejected but instead trying to dodge two pair of eyes staring back at him from across the hall. "I don't know...one of them is my sister," Joshua rubbed his forehead anxiously. Then there was no chance of avoiding them, as they were coming directly at him. Joshua jumps to flee, though, it was too late. Jenna and Alexis arrived before he was given a chance to run away. "Stop it, no Jenna. It's not her fault," Joshua hissed in a whisper, turning bright red. "It's mine, okay, stay out of it...p-please," Joshua begged his sister to let it go. He couldn't handle this, not like this in front of the entire school. Joshua stares at Alexis wanted to apologize there and then to drop it, but it won't be enough. He needed a bit more time to really dwell on the fact that he treated her wrong. He felt so bad, and yet, it wouldn't come out.

The mention of a sister bit surprised her, although, Yvette had just met Joshua and yet, he kissed her without knowing more information about him. She only knows that he's sweet, nice and has a bit trouble on his speech side which he was getting good at it. "I have a twin brother, too. He's here somewhere." She mentioned before scanning the Great Hall for Noelle. The boy must have been still in his common room. Busy waking up.

While she thought it was going to be a quiet morning, she was wrong when suddenly two brunette girls came rushing in front of them. Making Joshua jumps from his seat. Confused and curious, Yvette turned to look at Joshua and then to the girls.
"So, whatever is going on here is already my fault?" She snorted with a smirk. "And Alexis, if you think I'm stealing your Bff. Change that thinking. I'm making friends here." Everyone knows it wasn't easy to be her friend.

She's hotheaded and manipulative. Yvette can't change who she is, she's not some computer that can be program.
"And if I found out that Josh was your best friend, I wouldn't have talk to him during Yuleball." That was a hurtful thing to say but she was glad she met him.

Alexis tugged on Jenna's hand in desperation. She did not want Joshua to think she told people about their strife. "Jenna, please..." She glanced at Joshua, not really meeting his eye. It pained her to hear him saying that it was like his fault. She was about to drag his sister when Yvette spoke to her. She just ignored the Slytherin when her next words stung her. Really stung her. Whirling around, she narrowed her blue eyes. "What did you just say?!" She and Josh may not be speaking but she cannot allow other people to crush him like that. "Just because Josh is my best friend, that makes him less of a person. He is wonderful and kind and... probably something you are not." Taking a step back, she shook her head. "I may suck as his best friend this time but what you just said? Yvette, he does not deserve that.", she turned around and walked away, leaving Jenna with them.

Jenna commenced to rolling her eyes annoyingly at her brother, Alexis and the Maxwell girl. She was nowhere close to solving the issue(s) between them, from what she gathered it sounded ridiculous as the chisme (gossip) tia spread around with her vieja friends (old ladies). Jenna backs up at the moment as Alexis snapped at Yvette and then storms away. Jenna glares at Yevette and Joshua, "Well, this was a waste of time, and that's a stupid, dumb reason not to be his friend," Jenna pointed out before she followed Alexis' lead.

Joshua felt his face flushed, the blush spread to even his ears were beet red. He didn't know whether to feel disappointed by Yevette, ashamed he snapped at Alexis for no reason, or embarrassed that his sister was in the mixed of all this petty drama. Fortunately for him, Alexis and Jenna made their exit, leaving him with only Yvette. Joshua sighs heavily, getting up from the Slytherin's table. "I, ah s-should go. Sophie expecting me soon," Joshua made his exit as well. "See you around Yvette...," Joshua added before walking away. Again, he fails to apologize to someone else. Someone else who hadn't deserve the confrontation, the drama, what a mess he was ended his school year. Joshua never thought this would happen to him, yet, it did and he can't seem to figure out how to make things right again with everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back