OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Knotted 13" Sturdy Rosewood Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Marcos had had not the worst time at the one event that since his rejection from Gabrielle he had been not been looking forward to the most, the rose giving and valentines day would be fine, but it had been the yuleball celebration that he hadn't been looking forward to and his mind had been pretty focused on the fact that he would see her at it, and he was trying to not see her at all, there had been little doubt in his mind that not only would he see her, but that he would be tempted to go talk to her, when he definitely shouldn't. He needed to not talk to her right now. He still liked her, but he had to respect her decision and her space. But, in all of that, he had ended up spending a little bit of time with a girl a little younger than him, and from asking a few people he had found out a few things about her, she was a ravenclaw and she was in third year. He had decided that though she hadn't really realised it, spending the time with her at the celebration had helped him a lot, it had been exactly what he needed. It had been the distraction he needed and she'd been kind enough, though unrealised to be able to give it to him. So he had decided to give her a little thanks and maybe get to know her a little bit, which was why after a breakfast at the gryffindor table, he saught her out, eventually finding her at the ravenclaw table. He cleared his throat, "Hey, Kira, right?" he said carefully, "Do you mind if I sit?"

Kira was reading the latest letter from Tyra- one in which her sister was baring her soul, telling Kira she had to hurry home so they could talk face to face. She was worried. She could tell it was something to do with Jason, but she couldn't understand what. Was something wrong with him? She hadn't noticed her eyes had misted over. She couldn't handle anything being wrong with someone in her family. Worry ate at her as she scanned through Tyra's letter again, looking for any clue as to what on earth was happening.

So when someone cleared their throat, Kira nearly jumped a foot. She looked up, blue eyes wide, to find the older boy from the Yule Ball asking if he could sit down. "Oh, M-Marcos, right? Of course." She set the letter down, giving him her full attention. She would find out what was going on at home soon enough. If it was really bad, Tyra wouldn't wait. Her sister was a bit theatrical.

Marcos looked down at the girl and was pleased when she both seemed to remember him and encouraged him to take the seat he had asked for. Of course it had been a nice gesture but there was no reason that he should've followed up with Kira, but she had seemed as sad as he had and had really appreciated the girl and the fact she had danced with him, despite not knowing him in the slightest, he'd had a goodish night because of her. His mind had still be very much on Gabrielle but this had been a little bit easier for him. it had allowed him to think of something else and have his mind a little less occupied by the dumb stuff that had filled it. He smiled at the girl, "Yeah, Marcos Morales," he held out his hand to her in a more formal introduction before fishing into his pocket and pulling out a chocolate egg and holding it out to her, "I just wanted to give you this, by way of thanks, I had a good time at the yuleball because of you," he hoped it was not that forward a move, he was just grateful and wanted to show her as much, "Honestly, you could've turned me down, and said no to dancing, which I would've respected, but you didn't, you took a bit of a chance on me, and I wanted to thank you for it,"

Kira shook his hand with a small smile. Her eyes widened a little as he offered her chocolate. She took it hesitantly. "O-oh, thank you." She listened as he explained himself. He had seemed to enjoy their time at the Yule Ball. She blushed a bit as he thanked her for it. "Oh, it was no trouble. E-everyone needs a friend every now and then, yeah?" She gave him a sweet smile, placing the treat in her bag. "Honestly, I wasn't even sure why I went in the first place. But it was nice. You're good company." She tucked a strand of chocolate hair behind her ear. "Y-you know, ah, if you wanted, i-it's alright if you say no, but maybe we could be friends? I mean, if you want to, of course." She stuttered a bit but held her ground. She needed to branch out more and she knew it. She couldn't stick with the twins forever.

Marcos smiled at Kira as she accepted his gift. He nodded at her, ”Yeah, that’s very true, everyone does need a friend every so often,” it was true in that moment he could’ve used a friend, but given the nature of the event it wasn’t always easy to find a friend in amongst the rest of it. People were busy with their own evenings and dates and he certainly didn’t have enough friends that he’d be able to rely on any in such short notice at such an event, so he was very thankful for Kira, and for the act of kindness that she had shown him. ”Well, I’m glad you went!” he assured her, and smiled, he was glad that she went, was always sure that no matter what going was better than not going because at least you remained open to the chance of something new like they both had. Marcos looked at her and nodded, ”I’d like to be friends,” the boy replied wiht a happy not, he would always be happy to be friends with new people and Kira seemed nice, ”Tell me about yourself?” the boy asked, curious to learn about his new friend.

Kira let out a sigh of relief when Marcos agreed to be friends. He asked her about herself and she took a bite of her food as she thought over what she could tell him. "Well, I'm not all that interesting," she told him, "My sister and I own a muggle Inn, I guess. My adopted brother is apparently a Maxwell, if that means anything." She took a drink. "I dunno. What about you, Marcos?" She turned her ocean eyes to him, a soft smile on her face. She was more interested in finding out about him than she was in trying to figure out something about her that might amuse him.

Marcos looked at her and began nodding as she began telling him a little bit about her life. He thought it was rather interesting, though it seemed that this girl didn't think so, which Marcos thought was a little odd, it wasn't a boring thing, he couldn't imagine owning a muggle inn with any of his siblings and Marcos had a few. He didn't know what a Maxwell meant either, maybe it was just a respectable family, but it didn't mean anything to Marcos and he didn't know why that would mean anything to this girl either. "I don't know what a Maxwell means, but that sounds cool, do you like it?" the boy replied trying to get a little more out of her, or at least make it stay friendly. He smiled, "I have a four older siblings, two brothers, two sisters, I'm the youngest, my oldest brother Ignacio works at Hogwarts, and my other brother, Flavio is the head boy," he told her, "We pretty close knit as siblings, but I don't think I could own anything with any of them. It would definitely be way too much," he could probably own it with maybe one, but even that would depend, Marcos loved all of his siblings deeply, but there were limits with what he could put up with.

Kira shrugged as he asked if she liked Reagan being a Maxwell. "I don't know. Apparently they're some rich, high class wizard family or something. He's been distant since he found out." She took a sip of her drink. She took a bite of her food, listening as Marcos told her about his siblings. "Mm, I know Flavio." She thought back to how the boy had found her in the Ravenclaw dorm forever ago. She was slowly starting to relax around Marcos, being a little more accostumed to his presence. "How old are you Marcos?" She asked off-handedly. "I'm thirteen."

Marcos could figure that likely, one of the problems that she maybe had with it was what it had done to someone that she had known for a while, changed them in a way that she hadn't expected. It would be strange to find out that someone he'd always known was from a rich family. Maybe it was how the person changed, maybe where he'd always been down to earth the introduction of a new family and everything that could come with it had really changed him. Marcos could agree that it would leave him with a lot of conflicting emotions about it. He nodded, wondering how Kira knew Flavio, but figuring that it was something to do with the fact they shared a house. he didn't know everyone in his house but he knew a good number and could figure out some others. Maybe not by name, but certain by their face or who else they knew. Marcos nodded at her next question, "I'm sixteen, I turned it in November there," the boy said to her with a little smile, it put him a little bit older than Kira, but it wasn't that bad, "What electives are you taking?" he decided to keep the conversation in getting to know her a little better and learn more about what she liked and what she studied, she was an easy person to speak to.

Kira nodded as Marcos said he was sixteen. "Happy late birthday," she told him with a soft smile. "I turn 14 in May." She shrugged like it wasn't a big deal, which she didn't consider it to be. She didn't really bother with her birthday at school, though her sister made sure she didn't forget it. Marcos asked about her electives and her eyes lit up a bit. "Muggle studies and Care of Magical Creatures. What about you?" Even if her grades weren't the best, she still immensely enjoyed her schoolwork.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back