Target Practice

Allayah Rayne

OOC First Name
The Stephanie. :)
Wand
8.5" Mahogany, Dragon Heartstring
Allayah was in Sydney, Australia. Back in the forest from her dreams. She had been here before when she was about thirteen, and she felt like she had to come back. This was where her aunt started to teach her offencive magic, Ofcourse she couldnt actually preform magic, no, they would be in trouble if she did that, but her aunt showed her and taught her the theory and everything she could, so when she turned 17, she could preform them with allmost perfection.

So now she sat here on a rock, looking at all the trees, seeing slight scortch marks, they have healed over the years. She had been on her own for two years now, and she wasnt good with being alone.. She was really just looking for someone to help her along. Turning her head to the left, she heard a meow. Her cat, Lily, she brought her everywhere, and now she was having the greatest time, chasing the forest rats and birds. She held her catch in her mouth, holding a rat in her mouth, looking up at Allayah. She laughed and picked up her cat Oooh my Lily-Pily, what would i do without you? She thought. Scratching her cat on her head, she sat there and thought about the past, hoping that she would have a future.

Riley was taking a little time out from everything and thought that he had not actually been to Australia so he may as well go. It was just next door to New Zealand so he wouldnt be too far away from HNZ. He just wanted to relax a little bit since he had done a lot for his birthday and he had lessons to do but he was getting used to hat. The main thing was his family. He loved spending his time there but the crying of Lowan made him a little frustrated so he liked to get away every once in a while.

As he walked around he spotted a girl. He was actually getting better with the loyalty thing but still even he slipped up, more times than not and now he was in the mood for it. Even if this girl wasnt his type but still she was pretty. He walked over to her and sat next her. "Are all the girls here beautiful or is that just you?" He asked looking forward then looking at her over his shoulder. "Nice cat. I have one of those too." He said to her looking at her cat

Allayah was scratching Lily's head when she heard the approach. Hmm.. So much for alone time She thought to herself, and laughed. She was amazed at herself, usually she was the center of attention, the thrived in it, making people look at her, but when she didnt want anyone to find her... No, its just me. She spoke as she turned her head, watching him sit down. Wow. that ones cute.. She thought to herself. Not many guys caught her attention like that, but he had a certian spark about him. She looked down at Lily as he spoke about owning his own Oh really? She asked What type? As she spoke she ran her fingertips through Lily's fur. The cat was abit on edge, she didnt like new people, but she was too relaxed to really give a damn. Her eyes gazed back to the trees, watching the sun shine down through the branches. She kicked the dead rat away, hoping the smell would go along with it, but if it didnt she really didnt care that much. She was happy to be back in her forest. Her home.

Riley looked at her as she spoke. He liked the sound of her voice but it was her looks that had made him sit down. He grinned at her and chuckled as she said that she as the only good looking girl here. "Well im glad i have found you then because i like nothing more then to spend tie around the most pretty girl around." He flirted but he kept it light as he would bring on the heavy if he thought it needed. "Well im not sure what breed. Maybe a moggy cat. Im not sure i know it al black" He said followed by a laugh. Cyndi had been the one that got the cat for their apartment. H liked her choice in things, they had the same taste. "My name is Riley. Is your name is pretty as that veela face?" He said charmingly as he bit his bottom lip

Allayah laughed. She wasnt usually this nice to strangers, but she was tired of forever putting up barriers to keep people out. One person couldnt hurt, right? She turned to him and held out her hand The name is Allayah, its a pleasure to meet you She held Lily's paw out for him in her other hand And this is the royal, magestic, Miss Lily-Pily. Shes not really royal but from the way she acts, you would be surpirsed that she wasnt She said with a laugh and a smile. Hmm, laying it abit thick with the compliments, but i love it she thought, and laughed softly again as she shook her head So what brings you here? She asked, laying back, rubbing Lily's belly, as she had just rolled over onto her back on Allayah's lap, but because she was so big, her head fell on Riley's leg.

Riley took hold of her hand and lifted it to his lips and kissed it. He would just make lip contact with the small things before anything else. To see how she reacted to the small things first. He stroked the at before talking. "Well i think she is great. Im a real cat person at heart, but shhh dont tell anybody." He said with a chuckle. "Wow Allayah. That really is a pretty name. Im here for no real reason, just wanted a bit of a break before i go to work again." He said to her. "I take it you live around he?" He asked keeping the conversation going the more they talked the less they could think about other things.

Allayah blushed and smiled slightly as he kissed her hand, and she rested her hand against his cheek softly for a moment before going back to rubbing Lily on her head. Wow... Charming... she thought to herself, alittle out of sorts. She wasnt used to guys like this, and she thought that she needed to be around more of them. "Yher, i used to live here, before my aunt died, and since then ive been wandering around, but its allways home to me." She looked up to him with her eyes alight with questions. "So you said you worked? Where might i ask?" As she spoke, her hair fell down to her side, showing a scar on her neck. Not noticing that the scar was showing, she continued to look at him. It wasnt that hard a task really.

Riley smiled to himself as he saw her blush. He liked having that effect on girls. The fact tat she placed her hand on his cheek was a god sign. As she began to speak Riley nodded to show her that he as listening to her. "Yeah i know what you mean. I have travelled around a bit in my life but New Zealand always feels like home to me." He said biting the bottom left corner of his lip as she asked him anther question. "Im a Professor and Hogwarts New Zealand. DADA." He said to her and he shifted his position and moved a little closer to her, not much but enough. He noticed the scar on her neck but he didnt ask about it, everyone had their scars but not everyone had the sense to not pick at them. "So what do you do?" He asked her looked over his shoulder

She raised her eyebrow as she heard him speak about being a professor. That was unexpected.. She shrugged it off and lent against him lightly, closing her eyes. She handnt slept in a long time.
"Alittle of this and alittle of that. I do what people need me too." She sighed as she relised her hair had messed up, and she fixed it back so it was covering her scar. As she moved, Lily caught sight of something small moving. She jumped off Allayah's lap and pounced. Allayah laughed and shook her head, "Shes too fat to be pouncing around like that, but i doubt there isnt a thing in the world she couldnt surprised and capture." Allayah spoke quietly. She wasnt sure of the last time she was this close to someone, but she forgot how much she liked it

Riley looked down as she leant again him. He didn't mind and he wasn't about to kick her off but he wasn't expecting it. Still it showed the whole physical contact wasn't a big problem. He leant back on his hands and nodded as she said hat she did. "Oh ok then. Sounds good." He said passively to drop the subject. When the cat pounce he laughed along with Allayah. "Oh trust me cats will do just bout anything if they want it enough." He sad light heartedly. He was good with taking and after spending so long always being around people it came easy to him. "So would i be right in guessing that your an animal person?" He asked smiling at her showing off his perfect white teeth

She smiled as he spoke and nodded, closeing her eyes resting her head against his shoulder as she watched her cat attacking anything she could find "Yher, i am, i find they are much nicer than humans half the time, and theres allways the added bonus that they cant talk." She laughed softly as Lily tried to pounce, and forgot there was a tree there. Her cat headbutted the tree, and stunned for a second, she went back to Allayah, nuzzling into her belly. Allayah rubbed her head and looked up to Riley "And do you prefer the company of animals instead of people, or is that just me here?" She asked softly, closing her eyes and resting her head back against his head. She hoped he didnt mind, but she was pretty sure if he did, he would have said something by now.

Riley continued to nod as he listened to her speak. He cold relate to what she was saying, some people were just annoying and animals never cared about what you have or about being rich or poor. "Yeah i can see where you are coming from. And it really depends on ho im with really. Sometimes i prefer people and sometime animals." He said as she leant against him again. This time he put hi arms around her. "Just out of the blue, i dont know what s making me think this but are you tired by any chance?" He said chuckling afterwards

Allayah laughed as she nodded, letting out a huge yawn as she snugged into his arms "Im dead tired really. I havnt slept since yesterday." She looked up to him, her hair covering half of her face "How could you tell?" She said with a laugh and closed her eyes leaning into him. Lily curled up in Rileys lap instead of Allayah's, and she laughed. "Gosh, someones taken a shine to you" As the cat curled up in his lap, Allayah rubbed her belly, making her strech out and curl back up. "So would i be right to assume that there is no Mrs. Riley?" Allayah asked, with a slight smirk on her face. Allayah really doubted it, but she just had to be sure.

Riley laughed and shrugged. "Ah i dont know. Must be a mid reader." He joked and smiled as the cat curled up on him. "Its not usually the animals that take the shine to me." He said turning to Allayah with a in as she asked him if there was a mrs in his life. Of course as usual Riley would deny it. Adele didnt care about what the did with other girl so long as he as there for her when she needed him. "Nope im a single man. If that means anything to you." He said winking at her. "Do you have a mr man in your life then" He asked wondering if she was single too. Riley ran his hand down the cats back as he waited for an answer

Allayah smiled inside as he spoke, holding Lily's paw, watching her curl up and purr as Riley patted her. "No, i dont. Ive been alone my whole life really" She spoke softly, and shrugged. Her single status didnt really matter to her, What mattered to her was her job and her cats. Nothing else mattered. If she found someone to spend a night with sure, why not, but other than that..
"So a mind reader huh? Shall i put that to the test?" She spoke with a soft laugh, and closed her eyes, trying to make it look like she was conesntrating "Tell me, what am i thinking now? And she giggled as she gave up with her look. She was amazed at herself for giggling like that, it wasnt like her. Aunty was right, men do change you.. She thought to herself, and closed her eyes, just listening to the wind and awaitng his awnser.

Riley frowned slightly as she said hat she had been alone her whole life. He would have hated to be like that as he as so used to have people around him all the time. "Well your not alone now which i good right." He said with a smile a which turned into a laughed as she put him to the test. As she closed her eyes Riley sighed mentally then thought for a second before leaning forward and pressing his lips against hers. He made last a few seconds before pulling away again. "Was I close? Or am totally off?" He asked her quietly.

Allayah smiiled as he spoke,nodding, agreeing that her not being alone was a good thing. As his lips pressed againsted hers, she smiled slightly. "Right on the mark boy" She said softly as she lent up to kiss him gently. It really had been a long time since she had been with anyone. As Allayah moved to kiss him, she knocked Lily, making her jump of Riley's lap, and sit on the ground with a grumpy meow. Allayah smiled as she turned to look at Lily. She shook her head and turned back to Riley, kissing him softly again.

Riley grinned as she said that he was right on the mark. When she leant up and kissed her again he kissed her back and moved his hand up her leg and resting it on her waist as he pulled her closer to him. He felt the cat jump of his an he laughed a little. As h made out with her he felt strange about it as he kept seeing Adele i his mind. He shook it off though and stuck it at the back of his mind. He would be loyal tomorrow. For now he was here with Allayah, besides he had a feeling that she was cheating on him anyway so he wasnt going anything wrong really. After a few minutes he pulled away from her and smiled. So are you living anywhere near here" He asked her looking around.

Allayah smiled as she lent up against him and closed her eyes, enjoying the moment. She looked up to him as he spoke, and shrugged "At the moment im staying at my aunts old house, its still there, and it isnt on any muggle register, so people have left it alone" As she spoke she pointed down past the trees with healed scortched marks, and there was a hint of a path there. It would be very easy to miss, but Allayah grew up here, she knew every tree and rock like the back of her hand, "Its abit of a dump seeming no one really takes care of it but.. Its still home." She looked up to him with a smirk, alittle of her haughty self showing "Lookin for a place to stay then tonight boy?" she asked with a laugh, and elbowed him playfully as she spoke.

((Sorry about the short posts, not really on my game lately lol))

Riley nodded as she said that she had a house. He guessed because she had said muggle that she was a wizard, he didn't care either way as he wasn't that sort of person any more. "Ok then cool. At least we wont be disturbed." He said with a chuckle as she began to say that was a dump."Oh don't worry about that, you should have seen the place that i grew up in." Riley said as he reflected on his childhood home. "Oh well now i am yeah. You want to show me around then Adele." He said not actually realising who he had just called her. He stood up with a grin and waited for her to join him

(oh don't worry about it I donit mind at all :p )

Allayam smiled as she heard that he didnt mind, and to her that was good. She was kind of embarresed bringing people to her home, but he showed up here, so techneclly, she didnt bring him. She was about to stand up and take his hand to lead him to her house when he spoke. "Uhh.. Excuse me? She said, her voice going dark. As she heard that, her interal defences kicked in, and she became the deatheater she was. She took off her jacket, slung it over the log so her mark was visable, and so was her wand, sticking out of her jeans. Adele? Who the hell is that? She allmost growled at him, her eyes going dark.

(Death eaters in training dont have a dark mark)

Riley instantly kicked himself when she mentioned Adele's name. This was the first time he had slipped up like this and it wasnt hard to get his way out of it. "Did i call you that? Ah im so stupid, im so sorry its just that i have been working with a girl called Adele in Hogwarts and your name begins with an A." He said kicking the dirt under his shoe. "Ugh im so stupid, im so sorry bout calling you that." He said, he made his tone one of a child that had done something wrong and was upset about it.

(xDShiziknewthat. Forgot(L))

Allayah growled and shook her head, picking up her jacket with a sigh. She looked at him, and the look in her eyes said one thing. She was tired. Tired of life and tired of being alone. She thought she could escape it for a few hours with him, but she had atleast some sence to not try to move on with a guy when he was still obvisouly thinking of someone else "Look Riley, just forget it okay? Your welcome to stay at my house if you have a need to, but dont expect.. anything She said with a sigh, as she reached down to pick up Lily. As they were talking she had curled up on some furns and fallen asleep. The cat was abit grumpy as she woke her up, but Allayah didnt really care at the moment. She started to walk down the path. She stopped as she lent against one of the trees, near the bearly visable path, and looked at him "Need a place to stay tonight then? Or are you going to head off?"

Riley sighed lightly as he watched Allayah pick up her jacket and her cat. He was actually relieved when she said he shouldn't expect anything, at least he didn't need to cheat again which was good. He didn't know how much longer he could handle it. "Fine if that's what you want but at least let me buy you a drink." He sad remembering how she had said that she had no one to be with and Riley didn't want to let her be alone again just yet. "You said before that you were alone all the time, i meant what i said before as well that your not alone now and just because of what just happened, im not about to go back on my word." He said folding his arms across his chest. "Forget the place to stay, i didn't talk to you so that i would have a roof over my head. I spoke to you because i wanted to." Riley said trying to get her to come back. He didn't care about the sex now, he just wanted to make sure he could be with her or a bit

Allayah smiled alittle as she thought of his valour. It was something rare in men these days. She held out her hand to him, but this required alittle shuffling of said cat and jacket. Lily complained as she got shifted from one arm to the other but Allayah didnt really care, Lily complained about everything "Just come to mine, i have drinks there... i tend to get kicked out of bars. Start to many fights. What can i say im a hell raiser" she said as she smiled alittle and waited for him, wondering if he was going to take the oppertunity to run. She really hoped he didnt. Allayah was allready over the wrong name calling. After all, how often was it that she got to spend time with someone without threatening to eat their eyes or something.

Ima go to bed, ill post in the morning, night (L) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back