OOC First Name
Soho
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 13 1/2 Inch Sturdy Walnut Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
The sun shined brightly against the pathways of the courtyard. Saira was taking a walk, trying to clear her mind of all of the new things that was thrown upon her. Though she didn’t react to most of the magical things that had happened so far, it was a bit much compared to her mundane life at home. Her earphones were plugged in her ears, nothing really playing, but she didn’t want to take them off. So far despite her trying, she was not really able to make a friend that she could see herself hanging out with. The girl she had met in the cafeteria was cool, but maybe a bit too chaotic for her everyday life.

Saira continued to walk, looking for a place to possibly sit and rest. She found a tree that provided enough shade for her, so she sat down. Saira turned on some music and closed her eyes. She hummed the tune softly.

Kard was leaning against a tree, reading an interesting book on different kinds of magical creatures. It was nice to have a change of view; His common room and the library was starting to feel a bit stuffy, so he decided to read outside. As he was taking in the information, he felt a feeling of stress and a bit of sadness. He looked up to see a girl sat down on the opposite tree, having earphones in and probably listening to music. He tilted his head, trying to analyze her mood and the best way to approach. He could just leave it be, but he didn't like the negative energy he felt.

So, Kard stood up from his position on the ground and started approaching the girl. He stood in front of, holding the book right beside him with a finger in between the pages he was reading. "Excuse me, could I sit next to you? I promise I'll be quiet," He said, smiling softly at her.

Saira heard something, that was not the music she was listening to. She was startled to see a guy, holding a book. She looked to each side, seeing if he was talking to anyone else. There was no one, except a group of older students playing some ball game similar to volleyball. Seeing that he was talking to her, Saira took out one of her buds, gave a small smile and spoke. “Uh, yeah sure.” She moved slightly to the side. Wondering why he decided to sit beside her. Maybe he wanted a friend too. “How’s your book?”

Kard sat down next to her, smiling at the surprised emotion he felt. He was happily reading, contented to at least be a comforting presence for her, when she talked to him. He looked at her and raised up his book, "It's pretty interesting! It's about magical creatures," He said, "I'm Kard, by the way, first-year Ravenclaw." He waved his hand in greeting, thinking it would be too much to reach out and shake her hand.

"What are you listening to?" He asked, trying to make conversation with her.

Saira felt relaxed, the boy was good company and she felt happy that he started conversation. “My name is Saira, Saira Lykims. I’m a slytherin, also a first year.” She introduced herself and waved back. It went back into some sort of silence, but unlike most conversations she had so far. It was somewhat comfortable compared to awkward. Soon, the boy asked her a question, which she appreciated, it was much easier to answer questions rather than to ask them. “Uh, six feet apart. You heard of it? It’s by Alec Benjamin.” She said. Soon realising that he probably didn’t know it-considering a lot of the school population being not muggleborn, she added,”It’s muggle music.”

Last edited:
Kard was happy that he felt her relax, which made him relax as well. "I know muggle music, don't worry," He reassured her, "My mother is a muggle, so I grew up in a muggle society." He explained a soft smile on his face. He waved a finger playfully, "However, I have never heard of that song. I listen to rock music and pop." He placed his book on his lap, using his a strip of paper he kept to himself at all times to act like a bookmark.

"If you don't mind, could I listen to it?"
Kard asked Saira politely.

Saira watched as he inserted a paper in his book and put it down. She smiled brighter when he asked to listen. She held the earbud she was holding and extended her arm towards him. “Sure.” She dropped it in his hand and they listened to the music together. The sound of the guitar brought her a familiar memory, as she pressed down on the grass with her fingers. The song came to an end. ”How is it?“ The song was not her favourite but she did quite like it. Her friend, when they were still in touch, had recommended it a long time ago, and so she listened to it quite often.

As Kard listened to the song, he found himself swaying to the rhythm. It was nice and soft; He could see himself sleeping to it. When the song was over, he smiled brightly at her, "I love that! I'll have to write it down so I can listen to it at home." He gave back the earbud, moving a bit to face her more.

Kard was glad that she was feeling a bit better. "What else do you like doing besides listening to music?" He asked her, wanting to keep talking to her for a little longer.

Saira thought for a bit, she may have too many hobbies. “Um...I like to read, but it’s been a while since I picked up a book. I also like to draw sometimes, and every once in a while I like to game” It was not, in fact every once in a while, she played for at least a few hours worth of video games each day, but the boy she had just met did not have to know that. As for her drawings, it was actually true, she didn’t spend that much time behind her sketchbook, but she did have a couple. “How about you? Anything other than reading?” She asked the boy.

Kard smiled, "I could recommend you some good muggle books if you'd like!" He loved meeting people who liked to read; It meant that they are most probably sympathetic, which was familiar as an Empath himself. "I like gaming too, but that's mostly because my siblings force me to play." He chuckled remembering the frustrated emotions he felt from his little brother. "I like to play soccer though, my mother taught me how." He said proudly, "She told me I'm quite good at it."

“That would be great!.” Saira had been itching to read, but every time she tried the book would end up being boring and so she wouldn’t finish reading it. So it was great that he would give some recommendations. “Oh, I have a brother too! But he’s older and he’s studying in America to get a PhD in something.” Saira forgot what her brother was studying, in fact she didn’t even know if he was alive-though he probably was- he updated her parents every month, but he hadn’t visited in a while. “I’ve never played soccer before. I don’t do much sports in general but I was in the girls’ swim team.”

"Great! I'll give you a list of my favourites once i finish writing it down," Kard said, buzzing happily. He was already making a mental list in his head just so he was prepared. "Oh really? I'm a big brother myself!" He smiled, "My two little siblings will come to study here in Hogwarts in a few years." He was excited for them to come, wanting to share all the amazing experience Hogwarts was already giving him.

"Soccer is pretty fun! Though it is hard to dribble the ball at first." Kard pursed his lips. "It frustrated me so much, but it was satisfying once I got it." He grinned at Saira, "That's so cool! I only swim with my family sometimes."

Saira wished that she had siblings who would come with her to Hogwarts, unfortunately, even if she had younger siblings, they probably wouldn’t be able to come to hogwarts, not being gifted with magic. “How old are your siblings?” Saira asked, curious of when they would be able to join them in hogwarts.

"Kori is seven and Krit is five," Kard said, happily thinking of his siblings. He missed them so much. "I'll be fourth year once Kori attends Hogwarts; sixth once Krit joins." He remembered how he would always take care of them whenever he felt something bad from them. "They're rascals, surely become the biggest trouble makers when they come." He laughed.

Saira gave a light-hearted laugh, she could literally feel his joy radiating from him as he talked about his siblings. “Can’t wait to meet them, Kard.” Saira said, genuinely excited to meet them.

The afternoon sun sat low in the distance, it was almost dinner time for the students and Saira was getting hungry. The students who were playing ball had already gone in the building. “Well, it’s almost time for dinner, I suppose we should head back in.” Saira said, wiping her hands on her skirt. She stood up and offered a hand to Kard, gesturing him to take it.

Kard took Saira's hand, smiling as she pulled him up. He was kind of sad that they had to go to dinner, but he's sure that there would be more opportunities for them to meet and talk. As they walked together towards the Great Hall, he asked, "Would you like to have breakfast together tomorrow? I still don't have much friends and I enjoyed talking to you." His eyes crinkled at the side as he smiled.

Saira was delighted at his request. Tomorrow, being the first day of classes, she was excited for both the breakfast and the start of the semester. “Yes, I would love to! And I enjoyed talking to you too!” She exclaimed as the building approached closer. Saira grinned from ear to ear as they entered the hall.

“See you tomorrow, Kard!” She said as they parted ways to their own tables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back