Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
bi
Wand
Curly 14 Inch Sturdy Maple Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Senna loved Halloween. Loved everything that meant there would be a huge party hosted at Hogwarts. Especially since these weren't just normal parties. They were laced with magic. Everywhere she looked there was always something that stood out. Like jack-o-lanterns literally floating through the air above her head or the fact that the ceiling portraying the night sky fitted the whole evening so well. She would've never seen anything like that at her old school. Granted, she wouldn't even have known those things were possible either. Senna hadn't given her costume this year too much thought but she did like it a lot. Even if it was perhaps a little hot. She had found the old coat in their attic during the last break and had asked her mom if she could take it to turn into her costume. If only she had put in some more effort to find a hat that would go with it. Instead, she had now just braided her hair in to fit the aesthetic. Walking into the great hall Senna didn't need to look around to figure out where she was headed first. She knew there'd be fun games. Creepy decorations. But she also knew there would be tables filled with snacks, which was exactly where she found herself within a few minutes after entering the great hall. If she was going to take part in the games later she might as well make sure she gained some extra energy first.

Ethan was very proud of his costume and he had put a lot of work into it, but he was quickly realizing he had miscalculated just how practical it was. Most of it was perfectly fine. It was basically regular clothes except all back but it was the red googles that were just fine in day light but the dimly lit great hall was proving to be much harder to see. And the rest of his mask was making his face really warm. He could vaguely make out someone next to him and shuffled over, taking great care not to run into anything. "How far away am I from the snacks?" he asked and gestured to his right where he had thought he had seen something that liked like tables.

Senna had been stuffing her face with a few different snacks, making sure to see what else there was so she knew what she still wanted to taste before she'd start to feel like she had enough. It probably wouldn't hurt to have a drink inbetween either. She turned around when someone closed to her asked a question, snorting when she noticed the kid's costume. "Oh, I'm sorry!" She laughed as she used her hand to cover her mouth and muffle her laughter. "You look ridiculous. I love it!" Senna grinned as she took in his costume once more before waving her hand in front of one of the red balls that were surely serving as eyes. "Can you see this?" She questioned, wondering how much the kid could actually see. "You're close. Do you want me to move your hand to the table? Or I could just hand you whatever you want?" She offered before cocking her head a little. "How would you even eat something though? Y'know.. with that thing covering your face?"

Ethan wasn't sure what was happening or why the girl was laughing, and he glanced around to see if there was something he was missing. But when she said he looked ridiculous his spirit fell slightly. Even though she followed it up by saying she loved it he wasn't sure how to react except for waving his arms a little which made his 'wings' flutter. "Yes I can see that." he said a little defensively and tried to move away from her hand. Ethan chewed on his lip as he considered her offer. He was tempted to take off his mask but it had been annoying to get on just right. Eventually he sighed and reached for the bottom of his mask and pulled it up over his mouth so he could talk a bit more easily. "Like this." he said sarcastically. "It's not like it's glued to my face." he sighed. "But if you could grab me some cookies and maybe a cupcake that'd be good." he said slowly and hoped she'd still help.

Senna nodded when the other kid said he could see. It had been a bit of a silly question since she was sure he wouldn't even have found his way to the great hall otherwise but silly questions were part of her everyday life. Halloween was no exception. "Very cool. Did you buy it? Or make it yourself? Or like.. both?" She questioned curiously, wondering not only where he had gotten the costume but mostly how he had come to the idea of it. If he had bought it than she could understand seeing it in a shop and wanting it but if he had thought of it himself that would be quite impressive. "Right." Senna laughed, mostly at herself, when the other student lifted the bottom of his mask to show that eating something wouldn't take a lot of effort. "Could've been a whole bodysuit or something though." She added with a small shrug at his remark about it not being glued to his face, perhaps being a little defensive. She had seen some other students walking around in costumes that were one-pieces rather than having a seperate mask so there was no way she could've known really. "For sure!" She still replied when he asked for some cookies, moving over to the table to grab a bunch and pretty much holding them against the kid's hands for him to take before doing the same with a cupcake. "That enough? Or do you want more? Maybe later? Do you want me to wait in case you want something to drink?" She asked before blurting out the question that had been on her mind when it came to most students wandering around the hall inrecognizeable. "Also: who are you?"

Ethan hadn't expect to get so many questions about his costume and shifted his weighted from foot to foot. "Uh, I made it mostly. Well with things I bought or found." he tried to explain. He had added the feather details to a scarf he got from Zelda and he had gotten the feathers from some of the bird's at Eeylop's. But he didn't think she wanted to know all of that. He considered her comment about a body suit and shrugged. "That'd be a bit hard to move in." he pointed out. His head piece was hard enough to deal with. Ethan was pleasantly surprised that she seemed willing to get him some snacks. He nodded and could feel the feathers on his head bounce around. "This should be fine thanks." he said and fumbled for the snacks. He was busy trying to balance everything in his hands and was a little distracted when she asked who he was. "Um, I'm.....mothman." he said plainly. He figured she laughed so much because she didn't recognize his costume. Which was understandable he guessed. He had spent a summer living in West Virginia and had to figure that not everyone knew that much about cryptids.

Senna nodded when the boy mentioned he made most of the costume himself, which she thought was pretty cool. He had definitely put in way more thought and effort than she had and she pulled her coat around her a bit tighter at the idea. "Fair. I'm sure I saw a kid in a green suit somewhere pull it off though." She replied, wondering if she should already start thinking about her costume for next year so she could come up with something better than what she had going on right now. Senna opened her mouth to respond when he answered her question by saying he was mothman, closing it again to actually think about what she said for a second. "I actually meant, like, underneath the costume but that's cool." She mentioned in a light tone. "Mothman sounds intriguing though. Never heard of him before. What's the story? Is he like a creature type of thing? Like the Loch Ness monster?"

Ethan wasn't sure what to say next and instead did his best to take a bite of some of the snacks she had so kindly given him. He felt his face flush with embarrassment when she made it clear he had misunderstood her question. "Oh right, I'm Ethan." he answered and realized he wasn't sure what her name was either. "And you....are?" he asked in return. He wasn't sure if he was being clear with what he was asking and if she would get confused too, but he'd take either answer. He took in her costume a bit closer now and couldn't figure it out. To him she just seemed dressed for the wrong season. Was that enough to be a costume? But he was momentarily distracted when she asked about mothman, and he was glad to have a conversation topic he knew plenty about. "Yes, like the Loch Ness monster." he nodded excitedly. "They're both cryptids which are creatures that are theorized to exist but have yet to be proven." he explained. "And mothman is a creature that was spotted in West Virginia in the 1960's."

As Senna was talking with the boy she grabbed a cauldron cake of the snack table, happily biting into it when he confirmed who he was. Ethan still didn't tell her much because she had no clue if there were multiple kids at school with that name but she did now one of her classmates was called that as well. And seeing as he was about her length it seemed fair to assume that was the Ethan who was in front of her. It wasn't like they were discussing important things either, so if he wasn't that Ethan it wouldn't be a problem anyways. "Senna dressed as a very poorly executed Durmstrang student." She grinned when he returned the question to her, including both answers just in case. "I might have forgotten about a costume so I just pulled this coat from the attic a few days before heading back to school." She explained with a shrug. She didn't think she needed to elaborate, but she knew her costume definitely wasn't as well thought of as his and she wanted to acknowledge that she knew that. "Oooo, that's intriguing." Senna exclaimed as she listened to what Ethan had to say. "Do you know a lot about crop- cryt- whatever that word was you just said? There's bound to be a bunch more right?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back