Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Flavio) (Pansexual
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Swishy Ivy Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
((3 Red roses, open after April Ward))

Kauri was over the moon about his first delivery. His own love life this year had been a huge disappointment, and he was determined not to think about it today. Nope. Not at all. Today was all about spreading love to other people, and his first delivery was a love he was more than happy to be spreading. Matter of fact, Kauri couldn't think of two people he would be happier to help share their love. So it was with a huge smile that he approached the Hufflepuff table, making a beeline for his best friend. "April!" Kauri said cheerfully. "I have a delivery for you!" Kauri beamed as he withdrew the bouquet of three bright red flowers from his basket, holding them out for April.

Last edited:
April hadn't signed up for the rose deliveries, but now she was wondering if she should have. She hadn't really enjoyed it the one time she had done it, but it was now hitting her that this was her last chance to do it again. It was making her sad, knowing that this was her last Valentine's day at Hogwarts. She was tearing at a piece of bread, not really eating it, when a familiar voice called her name. She looked up, unable to stop a smile at the sight of her best friend. "Hi Kauri, you do?!" She asked, dropping the bread and turning to him excitedly.

"I do!" Kauri said brightly, bowing slightly as he handed over the brilliant red bouquet of roses. "There's no note, but I'm pretty sure we can guess who these are from." He smiled warmly, standing up straight again. It was hard not to be a little sad, watching people around him so in love as Kauri's own romantic life had fallen apart around him. He tried to push his sorrow aside though, and focus on being happy for his best friend. "Happy Valentines day!"

April beamed at the sight of the roses, her heart soaring at the sight. She took them from Kauri and sniffed them. She laughed softly at his words. "I think I have an inkling... yes." She said fondly. Of course Norton had to go send her three roses instead of just one. He was always more romantic than she expected. "How are you, Kauri? How's it going with all the roses?"

Kauri smiled warmly at the sight of April's face, overjoyed to have brought his best friend so much happiness, even if there weren't any such roses waiting for him this year. He shrugged and smiled at her question, hoping not to let on any of his more negative feelings. "Good! It's always my favourite time of year, you know." Kauri said cheerfully. "I'm a bit sad it's my last year of roses though. I'll have to owl you one next year so I don't get too bummed out." He joked, hoping April wouldn't pick up on any other feelings he might have about the day.

April was glad Kauri was smiling and seemed happy, but she also knew him very well. She knew he was probably sad about Rose, and just trying to hide it. So she smiled at his comment about the rose, but then got a more serious expression on her face. "And... are you okay? I know you probably miss Rose, especially as you used to organize this together." She said, wiggling one of the red roses vaguely. She had liked Rose a bit when they were dating, but she had started to dislike her when she had broken up with Kauri. That was something she couldn't forgive, as Kauri was clearly the best.

Kauri could feel his eternal smile slipping as April somehow managed to get right to the root of the problem bothering him. Of course she would see through his cheerfulness. "It's... sad." He admitted slowly, looking down at the roses in his basket. "I do really miss her sometimes. Like... before everything happened I was so in love with her, I can't just... switch that off. Especially at times like this." Kauri shook his head and rubbed his face, trying to get her out of his mind. "Sorry. I do maybe need to talk about this, but not right now." He said, managing his usual cheerful grin again. "These roses aren't gonna deliver themselves!"

April was glad Kauri opened up to her a bit, as it was clear that he had wanted to hide his negative emotions as usual. "I know." She said with a nod when he told her he couldn't just switch his feelings off. "Take care of yourself." She said, though she understood it now wasn't the right time to talk about it. "Good luck with your deliveries!" She added a little more cheerfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back