Alternate RP Swedish Magic

This is a roleplay outside of the site's canon.

Van Voclain

problem?

OOC First Name
Claire
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Set in August 2056​

Every time Van thought she'd seen the full measure of her dad's wealth, he revelead that he was, in fact, just a little bit richer. Or rather, quite a lot richer. Indeed, his holiday home in Sweden was worth at least twice as much as Van's house back in Yorkshire, though by the casual manner in which he'd asked Van if she wanted to spend a week there with him, she'd been led to believe it would be a little shack in the middle of the woods, surrounded by bears, or something. Well, some shack it turned out to be. It had a heated outdoor pool. And there wasn't a bear in sight. Van wanted to like the sliding glass doors and the polished wood floors and the fancy wicker furniture, but it all only served to remind her how poor she was, and how, in spite of having all the power to help, he had sat back and let Van live in poverty for her entire life. The way he strutted around the place, showing Van all the expensive appliances, made her feel sick.

He wanted her to think he was some sort of superhero. Well, he wasn't. He could stuff his stupid house and useless gadgets. Van hadn't agreed to come for any of that. What she really wanted was to see Sweden. Of course, her dad was too 'busy' to take her anywhere she wanted to go, but he couldn't stop her sneaking out to the wizarding town nearby. Borrowing a handful of galleons from his wallet (he wouldn't notice they were gone), she slipped out of the back door and broke straight into a run down the narrow leafy road. Freedom. The town was nearly a mile away, but Van reached it in no time at all, and she was not disappointed. Sweden was a beautiful country. Magical Sweden was breathtaking. The shops, with their pretty red-and-blue facades and cheerful awnings, were warm and inviting and full of interesting knick-knacks Van had never seen before. In half an hour, she'd spent every last knut on her person, and stolen a bar of shapeshifting chocolate that had been too appetising to let not having any money become an obstacle between her and eating it.

She popped a chunk in her mouth now as she wandered down one of the many backstreets, getting more and more lost. This town was deceptively large. Never mind - there had to be a signpost somewhere, or a familiar landmark she could use to get her bearings. But the shops were all beginning to look the same, and the signposts seemed to pick and choose who they wanted to help, or else Van was going completely mental. She looked around as the remainder of her chocolate shapeshifted into half a duck. "Does anyone here speak English?"

With both parents out of town for the weekend, Lexi was bored stiff lazing around at home. There was only so many times he could ignore the various chores he’d be tasked with because he started to get frustrated at the idea that he’d even been left to do any of them at all. Lexi spent most of the year at Durmstrang and when he did come home for the holidays he spent much of his days either out of the house or buried inside his bedroom. This wasn’t his mess to clean up which meant he would be leaving it to the very last moment before getting round to it. His mum and dad wouldn’t be back for at least another full day, which gave Lexi plenty of time to do whatever he pleased.

The third year was particularly looking forward to his next year at school; it was time for electives. He’d finally be able to learn more about magic that was off limits to the younger kids, deemed inappropriate for the newbies. That meant things were about to actually get interesting. Just with everything else in his life, Lexi had yet to actually make a move and purchase the things he needed for school, and so slinging a backpack over his shoulders he’d crossed into town, even taking the dodgy old bus through the village before making it to the magical shops. Lexi did not like shopping in the slightest, but to make it better, he did enjoy food. Before he’d even started on making a dent on the school supplies, the blonde had managed to purchase a large burrito, which he was now munching on as he continued to venture down past the stores of magical merchandise.

Spotting a girl around his own age, but one he didn’t recognise, lingering about in front of one of the stalls, he paused to do similar. She was pretty, and seemed to be enjoying herself. Lexi wasn’t even sure what they were supposed to be looking at because he was much too busy trying to catch the eye of this girl instead. Suddenly he heard a voice, and he turned to see another girl on the opposite side, holding half a..no that wasn’t chocolate anymore.. holding something. “No, it’s Swedish,” he said, completely misunderstanding what this girl had been asking for during his distraction. Realising he actually had no idea what she was referring to, he tried to follow her gaze, but it still made little sense. “We’re Swedish I mean. You’re in Sweden.” He needed to stop digging himself a hole.

"You what?" Van said. Her chocolate duck had morphed again, but there wasn't enough of it left to tell what it was supposed to be. "I know I'm in Sweden, I didn't fall here from Mars, you div. Help us out, would you? I'm lost. How do I get back to the Quidditch shop?" Van had remembered seeing a pile of brooms stacked up on her way into town. If she could make it back there, she was sure she'd find her way back to her dad's, no problem.

“Alright alright, keep your wig on,” Lexi sniggered as the girl in front of him went off on one. He was only trying to help. “You’re a fiesty little one aren’t you,” To be fair, that was rich considering they were the same height, but he had to defend himself somehow. “You go back the way you came,” he shot her an overly elaborate grin, knowing that it would probably just infuriate her more. It was funny though.

Van should have known that cocky little twerps weren’t restricted to her home country. “Yeah, funny,” she said. “If you’re not actually gonna help me, you can go back the way you came. Go on. Off you trot.” She made a shooing motion with her hand, already scanning the street for someone more helpful. It wouldn’t take long. At this rate, a loaf of bread would have been more helpful.

Lexi was pretty pleased with himself, but apparently this kid didn’t agree. “Oh believe me, I will. But I’m not done here yet soooo… “ He’d only just begun and there was so much more than he wanted to do before he headed home. “What do you need the Quidditch shop for anyway? You know you can probably get a new broom from a kitchen supply store too right? It’s way closer, and I heard the other house elves highly recommend them for cleaning, it really gets the job done,“ Lexi kept a face of innocence, stuffing more of his burrito into his mouth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back