Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Swishy Walnut Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Set in October Y35

Ava was not ready for this, not at all. She had practiced every day, but even with help decorating from Vader's sisters, she was not prepared. She had taken days just to put together the playlist. Ava was so scared this wasn't going to work. She would give him his gift last, after everyone else had left, just them. She would sit and play and wait, keep herself occupied until she needed to face him. She took her seat at the piano, fidgeting nervously with her hair as everyone arrived. She would start to play as soon as they all yelled surprise, but that didn't mean she knew what to do with herself until then. She had sent him a note early that morning, asking him to meet her here in about... oh, ten minutes now, and even the stupid note had been hard. First she'd written Vader at the top, then scribbled it out, then written Timmy, but she didn't know if she was allowed to call him that anymore so she had scribbled that out too and just not put a name on top at all. The message was simple enough- meet me the arts room at 2, but she hadn't been able to figure out how to sign it either. Out of habit she had started to write Helene but had only gotten the first three letters before she had crossed it out, and there was an A she had scribbled out, too. She sighed, nervous.

Padme had been quite pleased when during the holidays Ava had pulled her and Leia aside to arrange this surprise birthday for her brother. Padme had found the whole process quite enjoyable, she liked being able to help with the plans, even if there weren’t that many. She had turned up early to the room to be able to decorate with Leia and Ava. It was nice, it felt good to be able to help with it. Padme had invited Ilija to the celebration, but had told him given that it was a celebration for her brother that if he didn’t want to go he didn’t have to. THough, she thought perhaps he might, after all there would be people from his year at it. Padme had just mostly been gratified to do something that hopefully cheer her brother up. She, Leia and Vader had all had breakfast a few days since Leia’s sorting, but she could tell that though her brother smile at jokes and took part in the conversation that his smile was forced and his mind elsewhere, it also hadn’t escaped her notice how tired he seemed, how stressed he was, so perhaps this would help him, perhaps this would calm him or give him a little reprieve. Padme smiled at the room, ”It looks nice, I think he’ll love it,” Padme said looking around the room and at the two other girls. She had spotted that Ava looked a little nervous, but Padme had full faith that all would be okay. That all would work out soon enough. Now, the others had to arrive then they could surprise Vader.

Leia could admit that she hadn’t perhaps been the best sister as of late, but with her own sorting and own desire for friends, Leia had been too busy to really think about her brother. But she’d obviously accepted to help out with his birthday. She’d been looking forward to it too, despite all of her business, if only because it would be the first time in a while that Leia would actually get to spend the time with her brother, especially on his birthday. So it had been something to look forward to. She also did know because of what Padme had been saying that there seemed to be some reason to be concerned for her brother, but other than being tired Leia didn’t really see it. She knew things weren’t perfect, but she knew that Vader ran accio so of course he was always tired and stressed. Leia finished doing what she’d been tasked with in the room, hoping that Majora would appear and keep her company, though she was sure she would find company in the room, there wouldn’t just be older fifth years. The blonde had taken extra care to wear and outfit that was birthday fun. She looked at the other girls waiting for another task, but there wasn’t really anything else to do. Instead she just tidied up the drinks table, and made sure all of the snacks were sitting in a good manner. Hopefully people would arrive and hopefully before Vader.

Alice was excited for the surprise party Ava had planned for Vader. She arrived early on in case she could help with a few last minute things. She knew something had happened between Ava and Vader during the holidays, and could tell Ava still didn't feel entirely at ease. She hoped they could patch things up soon. She had brought a prsent for Vader, a photo album with plenty of room for all the photos he could take. She hoped he would like it. She greeted Vader's two sisters. Padme she sort of knew from Hufflepuff, but the youngest girl had only just been sorted. Alice headed over to Ava. "Are you okay?" She whispered. She figured they could talk a little bit until Vader would come.

Ilija had been invited to Vader's birthday party, and had been looking forward to it for a few weeks, as a chance to spend some time with his friends. As the day had finally approached however, he'd spent most of the morning convincing himself to go, stuck up in his dormitory with thoughts racing through his mind. He desperately wanted to get out and not let Padme down, but it had taken time to force his way out and towards the Conglomerate Arts room. The Hufflepuff's anxieties were certainly worse than they'd been in a long time, if ever, and he told himself that if he was even just able to get there for a few minutes, he would have shown his face. He was fiddling with the cuffs on his sleeve when he entered the room, eyes darting around quickly to see whether he'd arrived too late to surprise the birthday boy, but it appeared that he was actually one of the first to turn up. He wanted to go and congratulate Alice and Avaria on their new badges, but given that it was taking a lot of effort just to make it into the room, he headed towards the middle Hume instead. "Hey," he said quietly, smile on his face. He knew she was a little worried about Vader at the moment, but with any luck, the siblings would have been able to enjoy their time together that afternoon. Tucked under his arm he'd managed to remember to pick up a small package on the way out of his room, but he was quite content to let others do the talking for now, and stood quietly towards the edge of the group.

Majora had very mixed feelings over this party thing that Leia had asked him to accompany her to. On one hand he knew it would be a good way for him to meet other students, however at this point they were just first years, which meant that the students were going to be towards the higher end of the educational scale, especially given that it was Leia's older brother that was the star of the show. He trusted older students just as much as he trusted adults. He wasn't sure at what age exactly someone turned into those that had influenced their upbringing, but one day, just when you thought you knew them, they lost the part of them that was so relatable. Majora wondered whether Leia really was as social as she seemed to be that day in the library. She'd been saving a table for her girlfriends, none of which the Slytherin had come to meet, and he was curious to see how she'd interact with the students here. By the time he joined, as expected there were a number of older kids chatting amongst themselves, and the blonde headed over to the only face he knew. "I thought you'd be over there," he nodded towards a group of a few girls who seemed to be enjoying themselves. "Or have you been on snack duty?" he asked. He didn't know Leia all that well, although she was the closest thing he had to a friend at the school so far. The first year was quite happy to sit back and observe the rest of them going about their business, but perhaps Leia was more like him than he'd originally taken her for. He glanced across the room, only now noticing that others had presents. It was a birthday party after all, but it wasn't like he even knew the guy, "I wasn't meant to bring anything, right?" he added, trying to see if he wasn't the only one.

Ava jumped a little as Alice sat next to her. "No," She whispered back automatically, setting her hands lightly on the keys but not playing anything. "I've been so focused on this, I don't- I can't-" She took a deep breath, trying not to cry again. "What if he doesn't forgive me, Allie?" She bit her lip, hard, "What if I was so horrid he never wants to be my friend again?" She swiped at her eyes, nerves already frayed and the party hadn't even begun. It was the waiting that was the worst. "What if he doesn't even come?" She started to hyperventilate a little as the panic started to set in. "I sent him a note asking him to come, but what if he's so mad at me he doesn't show?" She reached out to grab Alice's hand, trying to calm down.

Abian had been invited for a surprise party for Vader, and he was happy enough to join it. He grinned as he entered the arts room, a gift under his arm that is very obviously a wrapped up skateboard. Abian spotted Ava and a few other familiar people, but headed over to Ilija with a small smile. "Hey, man."He greeted him. "How have you been?" He nodded at Vader's sister, who he knew was in Aisa's year. "What's up?" He asked casually, looking around. "I wonder when Vader will come." He added, thinking out loud.

Elio had been buzzing for the party for his dormmate, and it had taken a lot of effort for the fifth year not to spill the beans when he’d seen him earlier on. The Gryffindor felt like he hadn’t been to a party in forever, especially with this many people, and once Vader’s back was turned he’d finally had a chance to wrap up his present and lay it on his bed, hoping it would be easier to enjoy it there rather than in front of everyone when he was bound to already have his hands full. It was a pretty lavender plant, that he thought would help to relax him, and as it grew, Elio would suggest he could dry the leaves to put in his scrapbook. He hadn’t used Lavender himself especially but other plants did feature on occasion in his books.
Once it was time, he dressed smart casually and headed to the meeting point that Ava had told them to meet at. He’d enjoyed hanging out with the Ravenclaw and Vader at the engagement party and it was fun to see them away from a school environment. “Hey hey hey!” He announced himself loudly with his arms held out wide, approaching Ava from behind and wrapping her in a big bear hug as she would sometimes. After a moment he let her go, “Alice, you’re looking as beautiful as ever,” he smiled, giving her a friendly squeeze around her shoulders before turning his head back to the blonde. “Ava this place looks great, I bet he’ll love it!” He grinned, impressed with the amount of work that had gone into organising it.

Ava nearly jumped out of her skin as Elio wrapped his arms around her. She gasped, a hand flying up to cover his arm. Without thinking she leaned into his embrace, using his warmth to pull herself together. "Hey Zephyr," She grinned, trying not to shake so much. She smiled as he greeted Alice, twirling a strand of her hair around her finger nervously. "I-I hope so," She admitted softly. "His sisters made and I made everything," She bit her lip, giving her friends her best smile. Hopefully, it wasn't so obvious anymore that she was falling apart.

Ilija looked up to face the group when he heard someone approaching, and smiled when his dorm mate was coming over. Abian was probably one of the only other people he actually opened up to, and even then he felt like he had to wear a mask. It wasn’t Abians fault, he was a great kid but Ilija still wasn’t sure how he’d react if he’d told him about everything going on with him. It was easier to keep things simple with someone in such close proximity. “I um, I’m trying to get on the team again,” it was the only thing of note to the fifth year who had been trying out for years for a place, and he had his fingers tightly crossed. “Hey congratulations on the Brotherhood,” he added, recalling he was now the president of the club.

Padme was actually quite relieved to see Ilija walk through the door. She had half thought he wouldn’t come, and while it wouldn’t have minded her too much if he hadn’t, she was pleased to see him. Padme gave him a small smile as he approached and returned the little ”Hey,” she noticed he had a present for Vader under his arm and she gave a little smile, ”You didn’t have to get him anything,” as a guest perhaps more of hers than of Vader she didn’t think he would have to bring a present, but it was nice that he had. Padme could admit that though she had helped organise this and was curious to see her brothers friends it was a bit nerve wracking, she didn’t know that many of the people, she knew Ava because of Vader, she was a rather normal fixture in their house, though not recently. Padme smiled at him, ”Thanks for coming Ilija, I appreciate this,” Padme told him honestly, since she was very thankful for it and wanted to be very clear with him that she appreciated him doing this. She was sure it would be fun, that everyone would have a good time, but she still wanted to say that to him. She glanced towards the older boy who approached her and Ilija, she listened as they spoke, "He should be here soon enough," she replied

Leia gave a little smile as Majora walked into the room. As the youngest there, and with the least amount of time at the school, the only person she knew here or would know here other than her sisters was Ava. He didn’t even know her that well, since unlike Padme she didn’t share a room with Vader. She looked at him as he greeted her with a little comment, ”I was waiting for you of course,” she lied, she hadn’t wanted to approach the little cluster of older girls because she didn’t know them well enough and they were older. It was just easier to say that she was waiting for him, ”But, it would be good, they’re both prefects,” Leia added, as if it really meant anything that they were, she didn’t quite want to approach, they seemed to be deep in conversation and interrupting would hardly be good etiquette. Leia shook her head at him, ”You’ve never met my brother, why would you need to bring anything,” she retorted, ”But,” she walked away from him and to her bag, before pulling out an envelope and bringing it back to him, ”You did write a card,” she hadn’t thought Majora would bring a present or a card, so she’d prepped at least a card for him, so he’d have given something. Leia held out the card to him, ”Don’t worry, all it says is ‘happy birthday from Majora’” she assured him.

Majora nodded, it made sense after all, it was a big group after all and as the only first years in the room as far as he could tell, sticking together was probably a good idea. “Great, maybe we should go and talk to them,” he said excitedly when he mentioned they were prefects. That meant they probably knew things about the school that most people didn’t, and it would be a good new perception to get. He was relieved when Leia said that he hadn’t had to bring anything, but he still shrugged. Parties at the foster home he had to bring something for everyone even if they hated each other. His face flushed though when she produced a card, and at the mention of his name he reached out to snatch the envelope from her hand, keeping it low between them, “Why did you put my name in it?” He said quietly. He knew it had been a mistake not to fill her in. Even with prefects, older students especially those he didn’t know, couldn’t be trusted, and so telling them his name was one of the worst things to do. He knew Leia was just trying to be polite, and it was good to give something, but his stomach was churning at the thought of people knowing who he was. Majora hadn’t even told Leia the truth about his siblings yet, but if they were going to be a team then maybe he needed to make sure she was on his side sooner rather than later. “Can we change it?” He asked, suddenly a little embarrassed that he’d taken it off her so abruptly.

Alice gently patted Ava's back. "He'll forgive you." She said softly. "He has to." She had honestly expected Ava and Vader to make up already by now, so she really hoped that this was going to be the thing to bring them back together. "He's going to come, and then everything will be okay." She squeezed Ava's hand. "Trust me. And if he doesn't, I'll go get him." She added firmly. "This has gone on long enough." Elio approached them, giving Ava a hug. Then he complimented Alice, who blushed. "Thanks Elio. You're looking nice too." She said. "Congratulations on the badge." She added with a smile. It was nice to see so many of her friends had become prefects, though she had been disappointed that Emily hadn't gotten it. She glanced at the door, hoping for Ava's sake that Vader would come soon.

Elio was still admiring everything in the room when Ava said she and Vader’s sisters made everything. The Gryffindor hadn’t even noticed he had sisters, or if he had mentioned it he’d never put a face to a name. A simple matter of elimination meant it was easy to see who his sisters were, the only other two girls in the room. “What’s their names again?” He asked both of them quietly, hoping either Ava or Alice would know. “Thanks,” he grinned at the Hufflepuff, “You too. I was shocked I got a badge, but you two definitely deserve it,” the girls had been some of his best friends since he’d started at Hogwarts, and so he knew they were perfect for the task. “When’s Vader coming?” He asked. He didn’t know who else has been invited and who else they were waiting for, but if this was everyone he had half a mind to go and find his roommate. He had also hoped that Marco would be here, but there was no sign of him yet either.

Ava tried to be reassured by Alice's words. Vader would come, they'd make up after the party, and never never never fight again. They had to make up, she would die if they didn't. She sighed softly, giving Alice and Elio her brightest smile. "Padme and Leia. Padme is Hufflepuff, Leai the youngest is Slytherin," She told Elio quietly.

"It's cool that all four of us are prefects now," She tried to sound chirpy, faltering a little as Elio asked when Vader would be there. "Soon," She sounded unsure so she tried again. "Maybe ten minutes, tops, I asked him to meet me here. He always listens to me," She tried, applauding herself for sounding more normal that time.

Lily was in a hurry, working to get the cake to the arts room in time for the party. She had spent longer on it than she meant to, but she was sure now that it was perfect. She had been slowly working her way up from the kitchens, Ren and Rose sticking close to her to make sure no one got in the way. Finally, the three of them managed to stumble into the arts room. Lily hardly looked as Rose ushered people out of the way, thankful Ren stayed close to her as she took the cake over to the table. It looked like Ava and her friends had already set up all the snacks, that was good. She turned, standing a little closer to her brother as she realized she didn't know anyone there.

Receiving the note from Ava had been a surprise, they hadn’t really said much of a word to each other since the fight, but perhaps this was her wanting to speak to him about it, or perhaps she really needed him, and he just needed to go help her. The note was written oddly, he could tell where she’d written something and taken it back out again. Vader had sat looking at the note for a good few minutes before he had decided perhaps he should go. He had first however finished off the piece of work he’d been doing, and then redirected himself to the bathroom. He had stared at himself in the mirror for a few moments, before ignoring all of it, and just giving his face a quick wash and moving the curls from his eyes. He knew he looked tired, with the time of year, and all of the worries he had, it wasn’t like he’d been sleeping much at all. It was fairly evident on his features, he felt like his bones were far heavier that day too. He certainly felt older. His hands shook lightly as his nerves built up, would and could do this. He headed the rest of the way and stood in front of the door for a moment, his hand hovered over the the door handle, he didn’t want to do it, what if she hated him still, what if she wanted to get her music box back. He steeled his nerves and just walked into the room.

Ava took a breath, staring too hard at the door. He had to come, he just had to. Her breath caught as she saw the handle turn and her heart jumped into her throat. She jumped up onto the seat quickly, yelling a split second before everyone else. "Surprise!" She squeaked as she toppled over a bit, catching herself on the chair before spinning and beginning to play the piano. She had spent so much time practicing she knew she could make it through each piece flawlessly. She wouldnt be moving from her seat the entire time. Not for cake, or presents. She had already talked to his sisters about helping make sure the party wrapped up by the time they made it through the piano set. But she did glance constantly to her best friend. Ex best friend? She would know where they stood by the time the day was over. One way or another, she would know.

Abian grinned when Ilija said he was trying to be on the team again. "Oh, that's so cool! I hope you make it, man. What position do you play again?" He blushed a little as the other boy congratulated him on the presidency of the Brotherhood. "Uh. Thanks. I don't know yet how it will go." He said a little self-consciously. Abian glanced at Vader's sister. "Why not? It's his birthday right?" He shrugged. "To be honest, it's an old skateboard of mine... but I think one he'll like." He said. He looked around, spotting more people from his year that he recognized, as well as a few other students he didn't recognize. A few people came in to bring the cake, and it wasn't long after that that Vader entered the room. Abian heard Avaria yell, and then yelled surprise as well. "SURPRISE!" He called, jumping up and waving at Vader cheerfully.

Jigoku was not sure if he wanted to go to this party or not, since he would be surrounded by people that he did not know. However, the present in his hand told a different story. What he had was a new camera, expensive but nothing made of gold sort of expensive. It was a magical camera so that it would work in the school. Goku found the room, and walked in to see Vader, and the rest shouting Surprise. Apparently, he was a little late. Goku sighed a bit and went to where the presents were, and set his down with them. The little card on it wrote down Vader’s name in Japanese, as well as a small phrase. Everyone seemed so happy, bubbly, which made the Slytherin feel even more out of place, but he was there for support, anyway.

Alice was glad Ava knew the names of Vader's sisters so well, as she hadn't really remembered the youngest girl. She knew Padme, but Leia was someone she hadn't really talked to yet. The serious part of their conversation was done now that Elio was here, but Alice still squeezed Ava's hand reassuringly. "You deserve it too." She assured Elio. "I'm glad we're all prefects too." She said, agreeing with Ava. "He'll be here any minute." She said, assuring them both. She really hoped Vader would come, as she knew Ava would be crushed if he didn't. But almost like he could hear her thoughts, the boy opened the door to the arts room at that moment. Alice cheered loudly. "SURPRISE!" She yelled.

Leia looked at him when he seemed annoyed or even perhaps upset by the fact that Leia had put his name in the card, that was a perfectly normal thing to do. She let her gaze linger on him, watching it. She wasn’t sure if telling him that everyone knew his name, that it would be printed in the yearbook would help. But, perhaps he was like her brother, she knew Vader, didn’t like his name, had people refer to him as different things, so perhaps it was the same. Leia rolled his eyes at him, and then went back to her bag and grabbed a pen, the same pen she’d used to write the card. She took the card back off Majora and then was quick to begin scrubbing out his name, ”I’ll leave it as Maj okay?” she asked him, but she was already doing it, hoping that it wasn’t as bad to have just that of his name in the card, though it wouldn’t really matter to her brother, regardless of what part was there, it wasn’t like he knew who Majora was. She finished it off and handed the card and the envelope back to the boy, ”There you go, happy?” her tone was a little short with him, but she wasn’t actually all that bothered, she just figured it was a good idea to pretend to be annoyed about it. It was as she finished off that, that the door had movement again and Leia glanced round spotting that it was actually her brother, ”Surprise!” she exclaimed loudly with all the rest of the people there. She however, didn’t stop at that and instead rushed over and wrapped her arms around the older boy in a tight hug, not giving him the opportunity to turn it down.

Elio grinned when Ava said it was good that they were prefects. It really was. Between himself, Ava, Alice, Marco and Vader, they certainly seemed to have pick a large chunk of their group from the year. "Clearly the professors have good taste," he smiled to the girls, agreeing with Alice. He turned as he heard them shouting in surprise towards the door, Suddenly everyone sprung into action, and Ava began to play the piano and one of Vader's sisters did a running leap of a hug. A twinge hit him in the chest as he pictured himself with Rowan in their places, but all of that was just a memory now. Wondering whether or not Vader would have found it overwhelming in his (assumingly) sleepy state, the fifth year wandered over to the Hume's, before patting his dorm mate on the shoulder when he got the opportunity. He'd always liked to help people feel welcome, even during the first meeting they'd had as a group and Ava had jumped off the couch onto him, causing him to crash to the ground, it was still all about just enjoying the time you had. "Happy Birthday Vader." the fifth year added cheerfully, beginning to guide him into the room a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back