Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Flavio) (Pansexual
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Swishy Ivy Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
((Yellow, open after Elliot Briar))

Kauri wasn't sure where to look for the next person on his delivery list, but some younger students had pointed him out to the courtyard, so he made his way outside, rose basket hanging cheerfully from his arm. Looking around, he spotted a younger boy who looked vaguely familiar from last year's tour, and made his way over with a smile. "Excuse me, are you Elliot Briar?" He asked kindly.

While Elliot didn't want to say he regretted signing up for rose deliveries, it was definitely a little stressful. It was still early, but he'd taken the chance to catch his breath in the courtyard, relieved by the quiet of the familiar surroundings for a bit. Setting his basket on a bench next to him, he looked up when someone called his name, spotting that friendly Gryffindor prefect he saw around sometimes. "Oh uh, yeah, that's me. Hi." He said, eyeing the other boy's rose basket.

Kauri was pleased to have found the right person, smiling brightly. "Great! I've got a delivery for you!" He said happily, reaching into his basket and making sure to select the correct rose, before handing it over. "Here you are!"

I really like yellow roses, they remind me of the sun. So do you, sometimes.

Lars

Elliot took the rose from the boy, nodding at him gratefully and reading the note. He wasn't expecting the sudden little twist his stomach gave as he read the note, but it wasn't unwelcome. He should have known Lars would send something creative and... sweet like that. Tucking the note into his pocket, Elliot stood up with a little stretch, figuring he should probably get back to his own deliveries. "Thanks," He smiled at the older boy, casting around for somewhere to put his own rose. He couldn't put it in his pocket without crushing it, and he didn't want to mix it up with his other deliveries. "Do you think I should.. Hm.." Elliot cautiously tried to fix Lars' rose to his flower crown, scrunching up his face to see if he could manage it without dropping anything.

Seeing the happiness on people's faces was the reason Kauri always looked forward to rose deliveries, and he smiled warmly as he watched Elliot read the message that had come with his rose. He was going to thank the boy for delivering, but was distracted as he watched him struggling a bit with the rose. "Oh!" Kauri said quickly once he realised what Elliot was trying to do. "Here, let me help." He smiled and set his basket down, reaching over to arrange the rose in Elliot's flower crown, the stem resting on his ear to help support it. "There you go, that looks perfect." Kauri smiled, stepping back once he was sure the rose was going to stay in place.

Elliot tried to stay still while Kauri helped him with the rose, smiling at trying to peer at the crown's new addition through his hair when it was done. "Thanks, for uh, both," He said, waving a hand to indicate the rose, the crown, and the note in his hand. "Uh, any rose tips?" Elliot asked, nodding at Kauri's own rose basket, wary of jostling his slightly unbalanced rose crown. Kauri seemed to just exuded a friendly confidence, and Elliot wasn't sure if he just came that way or if it was years of practice with things like this.

"No worries!" Kauri smiled, picking up his basket again once he was sure Elliot's crown was stable. He paused when the boy asked him for tips, trying to think if he actually had any to offer. "Hmm... it sounds cheesy, but just remember it's all about love, I guess. We're helping people share messages for the people they love, so you know... just try to think about how happy you're making people, and have fun while you're at it." Kauri smiled, though he didn't really feel like he had managed to say much of anything of substance.

Elliot had been hoping for something a bit more practical, but he appreciated the sentiment. Kauri had probably been doing stuff like this for years and didn't really think about scary it was talking to strangers. Or maybe he was one of those people who was never nervous around new people, a lot of Gryffindors seemed to be that way. Still, Elliot decided to try to take it heart, it was kinda fun giving out roses anyway. "Thanks, and uh, good luck with your deliveries," He said, collecting his own things as Kauri gathered his. "Should probably get back to it." He said, offering Kauri a quick wave before heading off to find his next delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back