Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
(Arc)
Wand
Ebony, Dragon heart-string, 9 1/2 inches
Kira had certainly had an.... Interesting break, that was for sure. She had needed a break from being inside, feeling trapped. She missed Onyx- life seemed dull without him always close, looking for attention and making her smile. She walked through the gardens, pausing to close her eyes and breathe in the fresh air. Birds were chirping, the breeze was gentle in her hair. She sighed, letting the sweet smell of the flowers wash over her, the smell of lilacs and sunflowers distinct above the others.

Lavinia was happy to be back at Hogwarts, it meant she could spend every day with Eamon, but the downside was that Athena was no longer at the school, and it saddened the Hufflepuff. She had always been close to the former Slytherin, and now she couldn't do things with her at Hogwarts. She was going to have to owl her every week, or something. That definitely took more effort. The girl had always been sporty, and loved the outdoors, and it came to no surprise that she was on her daily jog, and she paused when she reached the garden, checking her watch to see the time. Nice, not bad, 5k. She reached down to her toes for a stretch, and when she came back up, Lavinia spotted a familiar face. A friend of hers. She approached Kira with a small smile. "Hey," she greeted, "Enjoying the weather?"

Kira glanced up when she heard she heard a familiar voice. "Lavinia, hi," Kira gave a weak smile. "Yeah, I am, I needed out of the castle," She said honestly, moving to sit on a nearby bench and patting the seat next to her, an invitation to sit and talk. "I haven't seen you in a while- how have you been?" She asked, tucking her chocolate hair behind her ear.

Lavinia returned the smile, and listened as Kira told her that she needed to get out of the castle. She wanted to her ask why, but decided she would, eventually, maybe ask her if there was something that was bothering her. "It has," she agreed. At her question, the seventh year's expression became a little guarded and she glanced at her friend. "Oh, you know...busy," she said. "I've had a rough year, but I'm glad that it's over." That was really as much as she could say. "What about you? Anything interesting happen while we were out of touch?"

Kira chuckled softly at Lavinias question. "Well... Loads, really. Two of my best friends were attacked. One of them lost all his memories because of it and won't be coming back to school." She sighed. "I got out of a bad relationship, but I ended up reconnecting with an old friend. We're dating now, and it's... Really wonderful." She sighed, smiling warmly. "What about you? Is there anything good in your life?"

Hearing Kira say that two of her closest friends were attacked wasn’t something she had been expecting to hear, although she didn’t know what she had expected her to say. It shocked Lavinia, she could only image what Kira was going through. "Lost his memories? That’s...that’s terrible," she said sadly, it sounded absolutely awful. "I’m sorry you have to go through that. What about your other friend, are they okay?" At least Kira had an upside to it, that she reconnected with an old friend, and now they were dating. Lavinia smiled. It was kind of similar to Lavinia and Eamon’s story. "That’s cute, and yes there is actually," she smiled. "I’m dating my former best friend, well, he’s still my best friend, but also my boyfriend. It’s great. We reconnected when he came back to school, he had to drop out due to some family issues but he’s back and I couldn’t be happier." She paused, giving another glance at Kira. "Sorry, I’m rambling," she laughed. "It’s nice to catch up again after so long."

Kira shrugged. "Physically, she's fine. She's pretty angry about what happened with her brother." She chuckled, smiling at how familiar Lavinia's story was. "It's definitely better to date your best friend," She agreed, thinking warmly about how everything had turned out with Arc. She laughed with Lavinia. "No, don't apologize. I don't mind, it's good to talk again." She placed a hand over Lavinia's. "Feel free to ramble all you want. I feel like we don't even know each other," She gave her friend a smile. "Tell me about yourself, Nia." She tried the nickname, unsure if Lavinia would like it the way Kira did.

-_-

Lavinia nodded, it was understandable. She knew what it was like to lose a sibling, but not like that. In some ways, it might have been worse, but she preferred not to think that. "I bet," she said. She smiled again. "It definitely is better," she agreed. "It’s easier, and much more comfortable I’d say," she added. "I’m glad, then," she chuckled. When Kira said she felt as though they didn’t know each other, the seventh year thought about it for a moment. "That’s actually true. And quite sad," she replied. "Well, what do you want to know?" she asked the Ravenclaw. "Ask me anything and I’ll do my best to answer it." The puff had never been big on talking about herself so she needed some sort of indication on what exactly about herself she should talk about.

Kira smiled, tucking her legs beneath her and settling in next to Lavinia. "Well," She thought. "It's our last year. Do you have any plans after graduation? I'm hoping to take a year off to travel and then I'm going to settle in and study to be a doctor. It'll take six years, but I can do it," She nodded decisively. "My brother-in-law is a doctor and can help me get started." She smiled at her friend.

Lavinia thought about Kira’s question, unsure as to how to answer it. It was a tricky one for her, her grades had sort of gone downhill from fifth year for various reasons, so she had to take a minute or two. "That actually sounds fun, travelling," she said when her friend mentioned her own plans. "How come you decided to become a muggle doctor? Assuming you want to work with muggles," she added, though it could also be in the wizarding world. She didn’t know for sure but it had sounded like that, from what she knew from her older siblings. Six years to study to become a doctor was the normal muggle university system, wasn’t it? "Well, I’m not really sure yet of what I want to do. I wanted to travel, but I don’t really have the money, so I’d have to work first. I’ll probably apply for a few odd jobs, so that I can go out and see the world and hopefully finally find out what I enjoy doing." She paused, giving her friend a sideways glance. It was a bit foggy in her head at the moment, it wasn’t clear yet what she was meant to do after graduation.

Kira smiled. "I think it sounds like a good idea, I just have to ask my boyfriend to run away with me and hope he says yes," She chuckled, before moving on to the next question. "My brother-in-law is a private practice physician, so it runs in the family," She hedged, not quite wanting to let on the real reasons for her decision.

Kira smiled at Lavinia's plan. "Sometimes having no solid plan is a good thing," She told the girl. "It gives you time to explore and live life," She thought a moment. "If you need somewhere to start work my elder sister is always looking for help at the Inn," Kira smiled.

Lavinia laughed, it didn’t sound half bad to her to just run away with her boyfriend and leave the worries about their futures behind. But unfortunately, she couldn’t do that. "You could kidnap him," she suggested, waggling her eyebrows at Kira. Though she meant it as a joke of course. The Hufflepuff nodded, it sort of made sense, but she sensed that wasn’t the only reason as to why she wanted to be a doctor. Still, Lavinia wasn’t about to pry. She thought about what Kira was saying, and pursed her lips for a moment.

"I guess that’s true. The thought of travelling has crossed my mind, the only problem is I don’t think I can afford to do it and I hate asking my parents for stuff like that. Which would mean finding a job before I could travel, even if it’s not a full-time job," she explained. Lavinia had just finished speaking, just as she heard what the Ravenclaw said about her sister. Her eyes lit up a little, but she didn’t want to seem too eager. "Really?" she asked casually. It would be good if she could work a bit, gain some experience. "It would be good experience," she added with a smile.

Kira laughed at Lavinia's joke, winking playfully. She listened as the girl continued to speak, nodding. It made sense. Kira knew she was blessed to have such a fair savings account; the inn was partially hers and a good sum of its profits had been going into an account for her since she was eight years old. She smiled as Lavinia seemed a little interested in what she had suggested, nodding. "Sure! I know she could use another bartender, and I know she could use a new person on the cleaning crew, one of them had to be let go for being rude to our cousin when she was training at the front desk." Kira shrugged.

Lavinia hadn’t given a serious thought of working right after she graduate, so that eventually she could save up and go travel around the world, find what she really liked to do, maybe pick up a new hobby or two. Well, she hadn’t, until a few days ago. When Kira suggested she could actually work for her cousin at her inn, Lavinia felt really grateful. "That would be amazing," she admitted. "I would owe you one for asking your cousin about me being able to work there." She frowned. "Being rude to others really doesn’t get you far," she shook her head. "I don’t understand people sometimes."

Kira giggled, crossing her ankles. "No, my cousin is one of the receptionists. My sister and I own the inn, I would be asking her." She smiled at Lavinia. "Have you thought about where you want to travel?" She asked. "My sister and I could probably help you with that, we kind of specialize in bundle deals and knowing where the best places to stay are," She chattered happily. "Or you could talk to Sapphire, her uncle works for a travel magazine, he would know a lot, too." She mused.

"Oh! Sorry! I meant your sister," she said with a laugh, shaking her head. She could be really silly sometimes. She didn’t know how she had gotten Kira’s cousin and sister confused, they did different things at the inn. She smiled. "It’s really cool that you co-own an inn with your sister. Is she magical too?" she asked out of interest, mainly because Lavinia, as a child of six, now five, was the only one with magical abilities. Her late sister had been muggle too. "That would be amazing, thanks. Um, well..." she hesitated, giving a thought about where she wanted to visit. "I’ve lived in New Zealand my whole life, but I have family from Italy and Spain, and it would be real nice to see those countries one day," she told Kira. "But honestly I would love to travel all around the world, if I could," she said with a smile. Lavinia loved to be spontaneous, though as much as she wanted to be, she knew she had to have some sort of plan for her future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back