Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Asexual
Wand
Knotted 9 Inch Rigid Laurel Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Mervyn was having a little trouble with Aodhan's rose. He had no idea what the older boy looked like - knew nothing about him at all, really, apart from the fact he was in Gryffindor. But Mervyn had already been to the Gryffindor table and the Gryffindor common room, and he couldn't find anybody called Aodhan anywhere. By the time he found himself wandering aimlessly down the third floor corridor, he was dragging his feet. No. He was so nearly finished - he couldn't give up now. "OI!" he yelled down the corridor. "IS ANY OF YOU LOT, OR DOES OR ANY OF YOU LOT KNOW, SOMEONE CALLED A-OD-HAN? I GOT A ROSE FOR 'IM 'N' I AIN'T GOT ALL DAY TO DELIVER IT!"

Aodhan had been sitting on a windowsill when he heard the yelling. Frowning, the Gryffindor turned his head around to look down the corridor for the person who was yelling. He snorted at the pronunciation of his name once he realised that the boy was looking for him. Was it really that difficult to say? Aodhan jumped up and headed over to the younger boy. ''I am him,'' he told him.

"About flippin' time," Mevryn said, as someone called Aodhan finally stepped forward. "Choo been doin', wearin' an invisibility cloak? 'Ere, rose delivery." He thrust the yellow rose and its attached note into Aodhan's chest and folded his arms. "I ain't paid enough for this, you know. I ain't paid nuffink, actually. Not a sickle. It's child labour, this is. Go on, open the note - read it."
Aodhan,

You're an awesome friend, you're great, rose for a boy, blah blah blah. Remind me to save you some of the chocolate I'm giving out this year before the girls in my dorm eat it all. Cause they will, you know that.

Rory

''If I would be wearing an invisibility cloak I wouldn't be wearing it during the day,'' Aodhan replied, shaking his head a little. ''Didn't you know that you wouldn't get paid when you signed up for this, though?'' He asked the boy before unfolding the note attached to the rose and reading it. It was from Rory and as always it made him laugh. He definitely wouldn't say no to chocolate so made a mental note to remind Rory to save him some. ''Thanks, dude,'' Aodhan said once he had finished reading the note and looked back up at the boy in front of him.

"Well... yeah," Mervyn admitted, not happy that Aodhan was countering his grumbles with logic. Couldn't he just complain in peace? He waited for the older boy to finish reading, and then said, "You're welcome. I'm 'appy to be the one wot brought you a smile - in a way, that's a better reward than money, innit? 'Course, I wouldn't say no if you wanted to give me a tip, but I'll leave that for you 'n' your conscience to decide."

Aodhan chuckled at the boy when he said that he wouldn't say no to a tip and started rummaging in his pockets to see if he had anything with him. ''Must admit, kid, you're definitely a Gryffindor.'' He said, looking at the galleon in his hand. ''For all the trouble you went through to find me.'' Aodhan grinned and then flipped the coin his way.

Mervyn caught the galleon single-handedly, closing it in his fist before Aodhan could change his mind. "Cheers, mate!" he said, surprised his audacity had actually got him somewhere for a change. This generous act elevated Aodhan immediately in Mervyn's opinion; suddenly the older boy was no longer a pain in the neck, but a cool dude. "Is that 'ow you pronounce your name, by the way? A-od-han? It don't sound right. I fink it's a cool name - I just ain't 'eard it before."

He grinned, somewhat relieved that the boy seemed happy with the galleon. He hadn't ever paid someone for a delivery before but Mervyn was bold and also the only one who ever asked him for a tip. ''It's definitely not how I pronounce my name.'' the Gryffindor replied, chuckling at his own response. ''It's pronounced as Aidan.'' He then told the boy.

"Ooohhh, Aodhan," Mervyn said, pronouncing the name correctly this time. "I fink I like your way of sayin' it better. Awrigh', Aodhan, these flowers ain't deliverin' emselves. See you 'round - fanks for the tip. It was a good choice; you'll sleep well tonight." Giving Aodhan a thumbs up, Mervyn turned on his heel and began the laborious task of finding his next recipient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back