OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Nell)
Jasper wished he hadn't listened to his dad and worn the suit. It looked bad, he knew that, and it didn't feel very nice either. But his dad had told him that for a ball he had to dress fancy, and that he would probably grow into it. To Jasper, it seemed like his dad had severely overestimated how much Jasper was going to grow, with disappointing results. But he was mostly here for the snacks anyway, and they didn't care what his suit looked like. He wandered into the hall, dodging past a few girls in heels that looked like they might fall over. He had walked here with Blake and Tyler, but he'd lost them on the way here. It was fine, he would find them again or maybe even better people to hang out with. Blake was fine, but Tyler was annoying and Jasper knew a few people he would rather see. He stopped at the snack table and grinned, wondering why not more people were eating the sugary treats in stalled out on the table. As far as he was concerned, eating sweets unsupervised was the best part of any Hogwarts celebration. He grabbed a bunch of Christmas cookies and bit into one as he looked at the dancing couples, wrinkling his nose at them before looking away. He wanted to find someone fun to hang out with, not look at teenagers being mushy and gross.

Vi had long avoided socializing with her peers. She paid more attention to class rather than paying attention to what her housemates were up to, what was the latest gossip. None of that stuff interested her, none of it helped her to become the ambitious witch she wanted to be. It worked out great in the beginning, she was doing all her assignments and practicing her spells when there was nothing left to do. Then she became bored with her own company and decided before returning home for the break she would attend the Yule Ball to make up the months of solitary. It was a good thing she decided to go, her mother had already sent a dress for the ball. Pink is not exactly her color, but seeing as she had very little option, Vi dressed up and made up her hair. Vi appeared by the entrance in no time at the ball. So many students gather for the event, the Great Hall was made up in all Christmas theme. Vi never seen so many decorations pinned everywhere. Vi made her way slowly inside to take it all in. It was overwhelming, a bit too much for her taste. Vi stepped around, not paying mind to where she was stepping and accidentally bumped into someone in the same year as her. "Excuse me."

Cyzarine loved getting dressed up, she thought it would be a fun occasion, it would be the sort of thing that she could really get used to during school. The young gryffindor had worn a loose and fun red podka dot dress. It was light and airy and the colour was close to that of gryffindor. She was so excited by all of it, glancing from area to area in this hall. She couldn’t help but think it all looked amazing, and all the people looked so fancy. She found herself dancing around the room, twirling easily as she did so, until she spotted someone she knew, talking to a girl she didn’t, but that wasn’t what enticed her over to them, it was more the fact that he was wearing a suit. The girl giggled a little and rushed over to them, ”Jasper!” she exclaimed with a grin, ”Look at you, so fancy in a suit!” she looked him overly, walking around him to really get a good look at him, ”Wow, so fancy!” she added with a smile before she glanced at the girl who was stood with him, ”I’m Cyzarine, you look fancy too!” she said encouragingly to the girl, ”Are you guys here together or just bumping into each other?” she’d feel a little bad if she was interrupting a date but not too bad, not enough to change her current behaviour.

Jasper was loudly chewing his cookie, when a girl bumped into him.Startled, he gasped for some air which made him inhale some crumbs. He coughed, spewing cookie crumbs around, then glared at the girl. "Hey, watch it!" He said, then coughed again. "Ew. Why is your dress so... pink?" He added, as he took her in, his distaste clear. He recognized the girl vaguely from his classes, but had no real idea who she was. Then he heard another girl talk to him, and as he looked at her he saw it was Cyzarine. He did know her, and he liked her. His expression turned friendly immediately. "Fancy? I think I look silly." He told her. "I like your dress. I guess. As far as dresses go." His expression soured when she complimented the other girl, and his eyes widened when she asked if they were here together. "What?" He squeaked, his voice a lot higher than he would have liked. "No! I'm not here with a girl. I don't even know her!"

Vi made an instant face of disgust. "Cover your mouth, gross," Vi moved away from the cookie crumbs getting everywhere. Vi pulled on the hem of the dress and thank the girl for her compliment. "No! What he said," Vi rolled her eyes, sighing uncomfortable with the girl's assumption. "I'm Violet and we're in the same house, but I do not know him," Vi spoke unable to hide the annoyance in her tone. "I was told the ball would be fun, I think I've been lied to," Vi fumed silently, feeling silly for listening and not thinking otherwise.

Cyzarine looked at the boy and shook her head, ”Fancy, not silly,” she gave a little laugh as she said it, touching a little at the material of the sleeve. It was nice, it looked a little big on him but it was still nice. The girl blushed and smiled when he complimented her dress. She liked it a lot and she was glad that someone else did. ”I like it too, it’s floaty and fun,” she looked back to the girl who was standing with Jasper, and glanced between them. She couldn’t help the little laugh at the way they both exclaimed against being at this thing together. She didn’t think it would be bad to be at this event together with someone. That wasn’t too bad, surely. It could be quite fun. She smiled at the girl, Violet as she introduced herself to well, both of him. ”Oh that’s nice, I’m in Gryffindor, which is a different house,” the girl replied, she frowned when the girl said she wasn’t having fun, in not as many words but that was certainly the implication of it. ”Oh no! This place is fun! We could all go dance for a bit if that’ll mean you’ll have more fun? We can leave grumpy Jasper behind,” she looked around at him and stuck out her tongue at him in a friendly manner. She hoped the girl wouldn’t stay unhappy, that wouldn’t be good and hopefully Jasper could get on board with having a bit of fun too. Even if she implied that they would ditch him if necessary.

The girl's face made Jasper pull a face back at her, and he shrugged. "Wouldn't have had to if you hadn't bumped into me." He told her with a frown. He then turned to Cyzarine, who insisted he looked fancy. She touched his sleeve, and he pulled his arm back before anyone could think they were on a date or anything. Cyzarine herself had already made that mistake with the girl he had only bumped into. "Of course Gryffindor is a different house, we were all there during the sorting ceremony." He pointed out, unable to help himself. He huffed when she called him grumpy Jasper, and crossed his arms. "Dancing is dumb. At least how everyone does it." He told her, unwillingly confirming he was grumpy Jasper both with his stance and his words. "But go ahead, I'll be eating snacks which is a lot more fun." To prove his point, he grabbed a cupcake and took a huge bite, not really noticing that icing got everywhere around his mouth.

Vi scoff, "And I said excuse me and you made fun of my dress for being pink. I didn't know you were the fashion police," Vi went off."I would say what you look like stuff in that suit, turtle boy. But, I'm not that kind of person," Violet jest. Vi glanced over at the girl, besides making false assumptions, she was at least more tolerable than someone from her own house. That would be the second boy in Slytherin Vi wasn't very fond of their first impression upon meeting them. "How do you know? You're a first year like us," Vi although questioning the Gryffindor girl, Vi move to actually take up on the girl's idea of fun. Vi was more than willing knowing full well her mother would like to hear about Vi participating in clubs and events like the this. Vi needed something to report back home. Vi grimace, the icing smeared all over his face. Vi picked up a napkin and shoved into his free hand. "Use it, or wear a bib."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back