Nola Bennett

Adopted | BE MY FRIEND
OOC First Name
Donna
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
"Oh nooo," Nola whispered, spotting a wee green thing on the wall. What was a grasshopper doing inside? Surely it should be outside, enjoying the sun? She wondered where on earth it even came from, before remembering in the first year tour, that sometimes toads and grasshoppers escaped from the Transfiguration room. That at least, gave her an idea of what floor she was on. Sixth - no - Fifth floor! Nola watched the grasshopper for a moment, entranced by the way it moved, before slowly moving towards it, wondering if she should return it to the Transfiguration classroom, or let it outside so it could live freely. In all fairness, she'd probably have lost it or killed it before she found her way outside, though.

Kard was walking through the corridor to go see where the Transfiguration classroom was. He was holding a book about the class, learning about some of the lessons in advance so he could ace the class. As he was on his way, however, he saw a girl crouching on the ground. He walked towards her and saw that she was fixated on something.

"Hi, are you alright?" Kard asked the girl, a bit concerned.

(edited)

Last edited:
A voice behind her made her jump and Nola turned to see a boy standing by her. She was grateful it wasn't a Professor, though, it wasn't as if she was doing anything wrong. Nola nodded her head in answer to the boy. "Mhmm, it's just this little guy here." Nola said, moving out of the way so the boy could see what she had been looking at. "Not sure where he's come from, but like, pretty sure he doesn't belong here, right?" She said, looking back at the lil grasshopper.

Kard looked to see a grasshopper. Sighing in relief, he crouched next to her and watched the little insect with her. It reminded him of the times when his little siblings would bring him to see lady bugs and caterpillars. "You're right," He said, smiling, "Are you going to bring it outside then?" He asked as he looked at her, tilting his head a bit.

Nola smiled when the boy told her she was right. It wasn't something she heard very often, so it was very nice to hear it. But then he asked if she was going to take it outside and Nola frowned again. "Um, so I want to, but like, I don't actually know how to get outside right now, and I don't want to squish this little guy." Nola explained to the boy.

Kard nodded in understanding and faced the girl. "Well, I know the way out," He said, smiling brightly, "I can handle him. I have experience in grabbing insect, mostly just to make my younger siblings happy." He moved slowly towards the grasshopper and picked it up quickly before it could get away. He pressed his book against his chest, pinning it down with one of of his arms as the other is raised slightly so he could see the insect in between his fingers. He stood up swiftly and looked down at the girl with a soft expression, "I would help you up right now, but I have a thick book and a grasshopper." He chuckled.

Nola brightened up when the boy said he knew the way outside - he must be so smart if he already knew!! She giggled when he said he had experience handling insects. It was awesome that he had been the one to come around the corner, some students wouldn't have wanted to touch it, so she was glad that it was someone that was going to help. Nola grinned at the boy as he said he couldn't help her up, and so she pushed herself up from the ground, and stood next to the boy. "Thank you for helping me! I'm Nola. I'll come with you to take him outside if you like?"

"Of course! Some company wouldn't hurt me or this guy," Kard said, raising the grasshopper a bit with a teasing smile. As he led Nola back to the staircase he asked her, "You're in first year, right? How has it been for you so far here in Hogwarts?" He didn't like awkwardness, so he kept the conversation going. He also did wanted to know the girl a bit more and to be her friend.

Nola grinned when the boy said he was happy for company, and she was glad she was going to be able to see the little grasshopper get it's well deserved freedom. She happily followed him, nodding her head when he asked if she was a first year. "Yep! I totally hope I will know my way around by second year." She giggled. "What did you say your name was?" Nola asked, feeling rude not knowing it. "Hogwarts is amazing. I just think they should give us all maps." She said with a laugh. "Do you like it?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back