Start of Year Feast

Ava King

OOC First Name
Donna
Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2 Essence of Griffin Feather
Professor Ava King joined in as the Great Hall filled with cheers and claps, welcoming the new students to each of their houses. Sorting was such an exciting time but Ava bet that many of the first years were relieved that it was over and they now knew where they would be for the next seven years. She remembered fondly back to her sorting day, though Hogwarts New Zealand didn't exist at that time; which was a scary thought and not one that she'd share willingly with everyone.
After the Hall quietened down slightly, Ava removed the sorting stool and hat, not wanting to deny the young witches and wizards of their feast any longer than needed. Approaching the podium, a silence fell over the Hall. "Before we begin the amazing feast that has been prepared for you all, I have a couple more things to say. I am Professor Ava King, and I am the Headmistress - as some of you may know. Our Deputies are Professor Elvera Le Fey and Professor Justin Cliffeton, and if you don't know your head of house, you will get to meet them soon." Ava said, smiling.
Ava looked at the students, feeling her own stomach grumbling. Sorting had, of course, taken awhile and it was time to wrap things up knowing that the young student's stomachs were probably way more empty than her own. "I hope you have all emptied your brains and are ready for a year of learning - keep out of trouble, but have fun! This year we also have a new guest - his name is Vex. Poltergeist's like to have fun, so be on the watch for him. And now, we eat!" Ava grinned at the Hall as the plates filled with food. Ava swiftly made her way back to her seat before filling her plate with some food and turning to the Professors next to her and began chatting.

OOCOut of Character:
Students and Professors are welcome and encouraged to post here ^_^
Please remember that this topic takes place after the sorting.

Desi didn't care about anything the Headmistress said except about this new poltergeist. The Gryffindor knew a thing or two about ghosts, his dad was one, after all. But a poltergeist was a different thing entirely. Desi was excited. "Finally, Headmistress King tells us something fun for once. I can't wait to meet Vex" he stated eagerly to Marius, his twin brother. Desi had plans for this year, and this news had thrown a whole new wrench into them. He couldn't wait.

Sorting had finally come to an end, and there was an excitable chatter about the great hall that almost took Monty back to his own first year at Hogwarts. He watched fondly as the new students acquainted themselves with their house members, only diverting his attention when Ava began her start of year speech. The Potions Professor couldn't help but feel a little sorry for the Slytherins, who, unless some incredible miracle befell them, would spend the next seven years under the supervision and guidance of Professor Styx. It wasn't far fetched to suppose that many of them would grow to appreciate their Head of House for his icy disposition and intolerance for misconduct; but for every pupil that did, there were bound to be one or two who were suddenly wishing they'd asked the hat to put them in Hufflepuff.

Ava's speech was fairly short, and ended with further murmurs of excitement. Monty was among the few who looked a little concerned to hear of the castle's new resident poltergeist. He was all up for a little bit of fun, but he realised with grim certainty that a poltergeist's idea of fun greatly differed to his own. Still, the room was buzzing with elation and frivolity, so Monty didn't dwell on this for too long before filling his plate with a little of everything from the feast and joining in with the professors' discussions.

The Dark Rider looked around at all the new students who belonged to a house. The term itself greatly offended him, as if any of these could truly know what the meaning of it all was. His steed grew anxious which each new name, they both wondered which of these students would truly be worthy of the company they keep. He did not see much potential in any of them, but it was not for him to judge, that responsibility lay solely with the hat. A magical object with which each student was placed in one house or another. The Dark Rider knew not the inner workings of such magics, but knew only that each student was bound to the rest by something on the inside, some pureness deep within. He often wondered if it would reside inside him, but immediately grew bored of the thought and focused again on the insignificance of his own life so long ago.

The sortings came to a swift end and the Dark Rider made his presence known at the Slytherin table, his steed galloping across the table, or at least in a fashion that made it appear as if that was what he was doing. He looked down at the faces of the youth, unblemished and unscarred. Lucky for them. His steed came to a stop just before the second years started and he turned around on his horse, looking back at the first years. Some of them had likely not seen a ghost before. That was not his problem. "I, am the Dark Rider, the ghost of Slytherin house. None of you are worthy." He told them, petting his steed to rest. "One day, one of you may prove me wrong, but that day has yet to come. I do not expect much from any of you." Maybe one day there would come one student who would be worthy in his eyes, to know his name. He'd yet to meet one, nor did her particularly want to, but there would likely come a day when a student would know his name.​
OOCOut of Character:
Please remember no student knows his name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back