Abigael Maxwell

Mother | Lawyer | Law Professor
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
After two lecture classes that Friday, Abigael got everything ready for her son's sixteen birthday ready for Saturday the next day. Inviting all family members and relatives to journey down in New Zealand for a winter ski trip and birthday celebration. The Law Professor planned everything from top to bottom and even the venue they will be staying at, an Inn by the mountains. The said Inn was also owned by her son's girlfriend who she haven't have the chance to meet but loath the gut of the child. She search high and low about the girlfriend. The same house as her son, Ravenclaw. Abigael sure thought they didn't meet at school because their relationship was too fast. Orphan and lives with her sister, and her sister's husband.

Learning about their relationship, Abigael confronted Caelan and was very vocal against their relationship and that was seconded by her husband. But her son was a fighter and asked her to give his girlfriend a chance to prove herself. Who could resist their children? Nobody. So, she gave that chance but it will never be as easy. And that day had come, the weekend the party was suppose to happened. The whole Maxwell household on Lincoln Square Apartment was busy packing for their weekend stay, each helper has their own designated luggage to carry as they aparate one by one off to the other side of the world. Abigael rented a small house in the city near the Inn to aparate in safely where a bunch of rented cars awaits for the guest outside.

As the last helper was dispatch, Abigael apparated herself off to New Zealand with all her travel documents in her shoulder bag. Apparation was the easiest means of transportation without the cost of a plane ticket but it was also better to have passports and ID's with you at all times. The house was already empty while a few vehicles parked outside waiting for her. The woman got in and one by one, the vehicles drove off. The trip wasn't that far out from the city, they arrived within 10 minutes. She wanted to arrived early to see what the girl did to her difficult amount of request. Abigael got out of the vehicle as she looked around the snowed landscape, she smirked, it was a perfect venue. The Inn was old and yet it was solid, the woman came inside and was disappointed at the decorations inside.
"Hello! Anyone here!" She called out, afraid to ring the desk bell to call someone. She doesn't know if they clean.

Kira had been putting the final touches on the ballroom when she heard a woman's voice call out. Smiling, she picked up her clipboard. She sauntered out to the front room. This party had been a challenge. The woman had needed 40 rooms. There had only been 35 rooms available but with a little bit of negotiating with other resorts nearby, she had managed to land a few deals and free up the other five rooms. That had taken a good chunk of time, but she didn't intend to tell the customer that. "Hello! You must be Katherine." She greeted the woman in the front with a broad smile. Customer service Kira was a different person. She didn't have to be herself. It was almost a relief. "It's a pleasure to have you here at the Wolves Inn. I'm Kira Wolf. I apologize, but my sister Tyra won't be able to join us for the festivities today. She's pregnant and on bed rest, but let me assure you, I have personally seen to every detail. Today will be perfect."

Kira gestured for the woman to follow her. "The party will be held in the ballroom. The Inn's decorator suddenly quit yesterday, so I put everything together myself. Here at Wolves Inn, we pride ourselves on making your getaway a relaxing, peaceful trip. We do our best to put your needs first." Kira came to a stop and pushed open the doors to the ballroom. "You asked for a green decor. We've gone with a refined, natural selection that is open and inviting. If you'll direct your attention over here," She walked into the room, working to be professional past the pounding of her heart. This was the first event she'd arranged without her sisters' help. "I've set up an open bar stocked with only the finest alcohols. There will be a full staff wondering throughout the ballroom with three select drinks of your choice. Once we've finished the tour, we can go over the details for your party. I've also booked a live band for you. They're versatile, so I'll need your input on the style of music you wish to be played."

Kira checked her clipboard. "The other request here was for catering. If you'll follow me to the kitchen, I have a full sample of the nights' course ready for your testing." She turned and began to make her way to the kitchen, motioning for Katherine to follow. "The last item on your list was a request for forty rooms. I told you at the time of your call that there were only 35 available, but I'd like to inform you that the forty rooms have indeed become available." They had come to the kitchen and Kira turned, standing next to the food tray with a smile. "Please let me know if there is anything you'd wish to be changed before the rest of your party arrives."

She and her helpers waited for someone to come and greet them until a young child came in like she knows her business. Abigael raised an eyebrow at the child, looking at her from top to bottom. She was looking fine but not finer for her son. The woman didn't answer the little girl as she apologized that her sister wouldn't be joining them. Good, one wrong move and no one will save you she thought to herself. Abigael didn't say much as she followed the girl around from the Ballroom where the venue would be held to the kitchens where the full course would be cook. After that was done they stopped beside a working station with the food sampler was, her helpers behind her ready for whatever she tells them to do.

Abigael looked from the sampler course to the kid in front of her
"I'd like to change something." Although the kid did a good job, it wasn't still the plan birthday party for her son. She had exactly leaned a 50,000 pounds (96,000 NZD) budget for this party and she's not getting any of it. "Pardon me but I thought my assistant was talking to an adult on the phone. He didn't mentioned me it was a teenager that was planning this event." Abigael looked behind her to make a special act that she indeed didn't know. But the truth was, she does know everything. "All my guess comes from United Kingdom but some from here, I do know the time difference between continents and thus I will make a light change."

The woman looked at the sampler course on the stainless steel work table and back to the girl. "If you can find me a chef that cooks authentic Maori dishes and if you can change the layout of the ballroom to a luau style. You're off the hook." This will be the first time she was semi impress to somebody she didn't like. Let alone a teenager doing one of her parties. "If you need more help, my team can do it. I can disperse them immediately on your command. My son, daughters and husband would be here in an hour." Abigael can't find anything wrong with this girl except the sense of her clothing. She's not that up town girl kind that she likes.

Kira nodded as the woman said she'd like to change something. She listened as the woman expressed her concerns about her age. "I understand your concern ma'am. Let me assure you that I will do everything that I can to ensure your party goes off without a hitch. I've worked alongside my sister for many events." Kira didn't falter as the woman told her what she wanted. She nodded and made quick notes. "Let me handle your food and we'll handle the change in decoration." Kira stepped away for a moment, made a quick phone call, and then returned. "Your menu has been handled and we'll have another sampler for you in 45 minutes. As for your decorations," Kira flipped a page in her notebook and quickly sketched out an idea. She took the page and offered it to the woman. "Would this be more to your liking? I believe with your team I can get this set up in 45 minutes as well." She offered the woman her most professional smile. This was certainly challenging, but she found she was really enjoying herself. She suppressed the urge to excuse herself so she could call Caelan- no, that would have to wait until tonight, when she could tell him if she'd managed to make the day a successful one.

Abigael rolled her eyes at the girl. It was pathetic to agree with her son to do this. She could have done this party at the Maxwell Castle in Rawclife or in London where there's a lot of five star hotels. Although she listened to her. She grab the paper too harshly and looked at the sketch she did. Abigael nodded agreeing to the change, she didn't have a choice. Her relatives and grand children will be here in an hour, although, it was up to them whether they arrived early or not. "Okay, let's do it. My team will help you. I'm a busy woman and so, I needed this to be grand. My family is not to be embarrassed." She told the young girl, her face poker as she spoke. "Oh, and one more thing." Abigael looked around the kitchen and see that none who works there are magical. "Let the people who work here take a day off. Replace them only with magical workers. I don't care if you hire House elves. I'll pay your employees hourly for the day." The woman had to whisper to her ear as she leaned down. "Make my son Caelan proud. We have a bet that if you failed, he'll leave you alone and if you succeed. Well, he's yours." She smirked. This girl can't do it, she will fail.

Saoirse finished her last performance last night for the season and was ready to take a break by taking a trip to New Zealand for her uncle's birthday party. She gathered all the clothes she needed for the trip and stash them in a one big luggage. Saoirse aparated from her apartment to the rented house her grandma told them to aparate. She was greeted by a driver outside and she was drove away from the place and to an inn near a ski lodge hotel. The woman was curious about the choice of place her grandma picked, she usually doesn't pick inns are their living arrangement but nonetheless, she was alright with it. Saoirse came out of the SUV when the driver opened it for her. Her smile was always genuine and she gave it to the driver.

She went inside the inn and saw the front was empty,
"Hello!?" She shouted a little while ringing the desk bell. It was then she noticed none of her family members have arrived.

Cooper had been asleep when his sister-in-law called him with an odd request- feed traditional Maori dishes to a party of at least two hundred in less than an hour with the help of the kitchen staff. He agreed, eager for the challenge. It would be a great reference for his culinary career if he succeeded. Which, of course, he would. He quickly found his brother and apparated to the Inn. Walking inside, he noticed a pretty girl waiting at the counter. "Hello," He greeted cheerily. "Sorry about the wait. The owner is on bed rest and her younger sister is arranging the festivities for the day. If you'd like to follow me, miss, I know where she is." He gave her his most charming smile as he and his brother continued to the kitchens.

Kira blinked as the woman took the paper roughly. She supposed it was to be expected, she was only a teenager. She would just have to prove her worth- again- and make this a party to remember. She nodded as the woman warned her not to embarrass her family. "Understood, Ma'am." She opened her mouth to reassure Katherine, but the older woman interrupted her. Kira nodded as the woman requested she replace the staff with magical workers. With Cooper in charge, Kira had no worries. He'd based a lot of his study on Maori dishes and branched out from there. She'd eaten his cooking and knew they had everything they needed at the Inn. Her sister liked to help Cooper out on occasion and hosted many events during the holidays where he would lead the kitchen and prepare food for the guests. Kira was startled as the woman leaned down and whispered in her ear.

Upon hearing her words, Kira's mouth dropped open. This was Caelan's mother?! She pushed the thought quickly from her head. If she focused on that, or their silly bet, she wouldn't be able to pull this off. She kept a straight face as she looked up at the older woman. "I understand your concern, Mrs. Maxwell," Kira replied calmly. "I'll accept your terms, though that is hardly my concern at the moment. I have a qualified, magical chef who will arrive shortly. He's served many of our larger events and he'll have everything prepared for you. If you'd care to supervise my work, we can get started on the decorations. I'll inform the chef of your preferences and leave the details to him. Shall we?" She gave the woman a confident smile, though her heart tremored a bit. She and Caelan weren't even dating! Not really, anyway. She knew they cared for each other, but the boy had never taken their relationship to a different level. She supposed it would be a question that could be answered after today. If he was willing to face this woman, he must be serious.

They started the day arguing. The remaining Van Stroodeem sisters were yelling that the other stole someone's clothes. Siobhan stormed out of Amelia's room after trashing her sister's room looking for a pair of sweaters. She was frustrated that she can't find it and that she can't wear it in New Zealand. The brunette finished packing for their trip, they were attending their uncle's birthday party who was a year older than her. It was weird but it happens.

Finally packed and ready, she made her way down the foyer where everyone was and waiting for her. Her mom, dad and Amelia all looking at her like she did something horrible. Siobhan rolled her eyes. When everyone was ready, Siobhan's mom took Amelia to apparate while Siobhan went to her dad. She wouldn't be thinking about asking anyone to apparate her anywhere once she pass her apparation test next year. Arriving, they quickly went in and drove away in an SUV that took them into a cheap inn.

Her sister Amelia was quick getting out of the vehicle and they both raced inside the inn. The cold getting their legs numb. Siobhan was surprise to see her older sister, Saoirse, there talking to a familiar guy.
"Sissy! We didn't know you're coming." She was indeed surprise. After graduating from Beauxbatons, she continued her ballet which was supported by their parents except their grandma. "How's the career going?" Siobhan asked.

Abigael chuckled slightly at the girl's expression but that chuckle soon left the room. She was all serious now. The guest will be arriving soon and she wanted to make the party alive. "Let's not be formal, shall we? Call me Abigael, you'll probably not going to last calling me that." The woman flicked her thumb and pointer finger together. Her helpers scathered to do their task at hand while leaving her and the girl alone. "Show me what you got and let me decide if you're worth it." Abigael walked out of the kitchen and back to the ballroom, not waiting for the girl.

She pursed her lips waiting for someone to take her reservation, of course, it was through her grandmother. Saoirse was dreading to come today because of her. The two had a bit of a spat when she graduated Beauxbatons. Her grandmother wanted her to study law in Cambridge while she wanted to continue her ballet. Saoirse picked what she loves doing and became a Principal Ballerina in England, her dream come true.

Finally a person greeted him with his apologies. The dark haired girl nodded in understanding, she didn't mind waiting, she was on vacation.
"Well, if that's not a bother to you. I could look for them by myself." She confirmed. Saoirse was capable of using her feet to look for them because she didn't want to bother the guy. Saoirse smiled at him when a very familiar voice called out for her. She looked by the entrance where a same looking girls stood there with their happy faces.

"Uncle Caelan invited me. I wasn't going if he didn't asked but it's so nice to see you guys." She told them the story. If she wasn't owled, she would be in Thailand, basking the sunshine. "Well, I just finished my first season. Always on the front page of magazines." She could say everything she dreamed off, she has it.

Kira nodded. "Alright Abigail." She sighed softly as Abigail left the room. She was going to kill Caelan if she made it through this. She spotted Cooper coming down the hall. She filled him in quickly on what needed to be done before hurrying after Abigail. This would be challenging, of course, but doable. She took a deep breath before entering the ballroom. Time to get to work.

:santa::santa::santa:
That evening, Abigael was on fake mode. The Marquess of Donigael, her nephew-in-law and his daughter, the Countess of Brickwood was there. Greeting them with her smile that was plastered on her lips. Her daughter and her husband. Her grandchildren was there as well and so many Maxwell relatives. She'd come far enough to be one of the family, a very well known family in United Kingdom.

But she thought, if she could get rid of this girl her son was swooning over. Her own family would be the same as the Maxwell's. Abigael grab a champagne flute from one of the server's tray and dumped the gold coloured liquid down her throat. She needed something to make through from this party.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back