Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
asexual
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Sturdy Cypress Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Zennon had fully intended on skipping the Valentine's Day dance. Honestly, it had completely no appeal to him. Valentine's was the worst holiday in the world, according to Zennon. All the snakes in the grass became visible and he always thought it was such a selfish holiday. Still, the common room was empty and with absolutely nothing to do but sit and wallow in self pity about the fact, Zennon finally decided to make the inevitable trek to the little party they had going on. To his ultimate surprise, it actually didn't look horrible and though Zennon was dressed in his pajamas (because he didn't care about appropriate attire) he found he was actually just a little ashamed of himself for hating on it so much. Everyone looked so wonderful and yet he knew none of these girls would be wearing those dresses ever again, so maybe he really was correct in his hatred of the holiday.

Jacob was only there for the chocolate, and boy was there plenty of it. While jelly slugs were his candy of choice, he was eleven and not terribly picky in this regard. Having amassed a variety of goodies in a cup meant for punch or pumpkin juice or the like, Jacob had kept to the periphery of the event as he wandered around. He'd spotted Lyra snogging someone and made a face at that, though she was probably far too entwined with the guy to have noticed. And he'd spotted Evelyn but been too afraid to say hello. She'd always been nice to him and they were in the same house, so he knew he was going to have to get over this all one day. This evening, he chose to be loyal to his brother, not having spoken to him about what he should do.

Jacob even thought he saw his mom pop in, though when he tiptoed again, he didn't see her so it was possible he was mistaken. Making another pass by the snacks meant that he was on his second cup of snacks when he spotted a very familiar looking pajama clad fellow. He sidled up to him and held his cup out. "I mean you could have at least put some Valentine's themed pajamas on, Boxers. Hearts. Flowers. Something. It's like you didn't even try" he said with a grin. Jacob was wearing some plain black slacks and a red shirt. Certainly, he was more festive than his friend.

Analei didn't really have anyone to go to the Valentines Dance with, but the last time she went to a dance by herself, she had met her best friend, so she figured it couldn't be all that bad. All the Hufflepuff had was a simple, but busy dress dress that she was sure her mom bought her a few years ago. Analei was surprised it still fit, her mom must have gotten it three sizes too big when she bought it. The blonde walked into the Great Hall, smiling at all the disgusting cuteness that was around. Analei walked straight to the food table, enjoying some chocolate and having a few small conversations with the people around her, before she finally spotted her friend.
She couldn't help but laugh.
Analei walked up to him, overhearing Jacob's comment, which she couldn't help but agree with. Though... "I mean while I agree with you..." Analei spoke to the boy, before gesturing at his outfit. They were definitely both, the most under dressed at the dance.

Zennon turned to see Jacob and he laughed. He took the offered cup and immediately pulled out some of the contents. "Well, I mean, I wasn't even going to come, but at least I'm actually wearing clothes! I almost came in boxers only, that would have been a laugh!" He said, grinning. He looked Jacob up and down before sticking his hand out to feel the material of his shirt. "Red isn't your colour by the way, I don't care that you're a Gryffindor, you should be in Slytherin like me, then we'd be room mates!" Though Zennon was joking, he was a little sour on the fact that he didn't have any friends in his own house. It didn't take long before they were joined by another of Zennon's friends and he smiled at her. He weaved an arm around her shoulder and pulled her in slightly for a hug before releasing her. "Analei! You look great, I love the dress." He pointedly ignored her comment but offered her the cup that Jacob had offered him. "Do you two know each other?" Now he was only missing Gwen, but he felt like things had been strange between them since that day in the courtyard.

Jacob chuckled, wondering how far into the Great Hall Zennon would have made it before a professor stopped him. Not very far he suspected. His eyes followed Zennon's hand as he felt the material of his shirt. He didn't know where He was going with this, but they'd started their friendship with him being tackled so there was a lot of leeway as far as Zennon was concerned. Jacob. listened to his friend and then frowned when Analei joined them and also expressed her displeasure of what he was wearing. "What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" he asked them both. In his opinion, everyone else was too dressed up. Surely none of the guys were comfortable with those stupid ties around their necks.

Watching as Zennon wrapped an arm around Analei, Jacob found he didn't feel at all similarly to how he'd felt when he'd seen Tristan and Kauri being affectionate. There, he'd been more curious about how openly they'd displayed their affection for each other. Here, they were doing the same thing but Jacob felt like a third wheel. He didn't know why he felt so left out, especially when they were both talking to him. Reaching for his cup before Analei could grab it, Jacob nodded as he pulled out a long, thin wafer and took a bite. "Yea, we met last semester. I didn't know you two knew each other. Analei didn't even know her own housemate when we met" he teased.

Analei returned the hug and grinned when Zennon said he loved the dress, looking down at it quickly before going to reply. It was cut short, however, when Jacob took the cup that Zennon was trying to offer her. Analei looked at him, taken aback, feeling a blush creep onto her cheeks when he teased her for not knowing her own housemate. It was hard for her, she wasn't as outspoken and friendly as the two boys, and while she got along with Emilia and Sophia, she wasn't as close to anyone as she was to Zennon. "It was only a couple of weeks in..." Analei mumbled, though feeling herself getting angry at Jacob. She wasn't sure if he was being mean on purpose, but if he was the type to be rude, then she didn't know if she'd even want to be friends with him. She would have shared the lolly cup with him.

Zennon was beginning to think he should have stayed alone in the common room, read a book, catch up on homework, anything to avoid the horror he was predicting in front of his eyes. He liked both Analei and Jacob for different reasons. Jacob was the first friend he'd made whilst here and Analei was sweet. Meeting her at the dance had helped to change his opinion of them. Though he loved halloween very much, his opinions of dances weren't high. He was hurt to see that Analei and Jacob did not seem to get along, despite his thoughts that they would actually be good friends. This was why he didn't tell people things. This exact reason. He should've stayed in the common room. He eyed the cup in the other boys hand. It wasn't like Analei was about to eat them all. He wasn't sure what was going on between them, but it appeared something was. "We can get Analei another cup, okay?" This was why he hated dances. Honestly he didn't think any of them were dressed really well for the environment, looking around, but he didn't think it great to say so. "Oh, i know! Why don't we go dancing?" He asked, latching onto both Analei and Jacob.

That's not even the point, Jacob thought to himself, missing whatever hint Zennon was trying to give him about sharing as his own point remained stubbornly in mind. The eleven year old boy had to share all the time at home. He didn't want to be forced to share here, not his friend, not his nickname, and definitely not his candy. He didn't even know Analei really, which wasn't fair at all because Jacob knew that if someone like Lavinia or Kengi had been in front of him, he'd have shared with them easily and he knew them about the same. As Zennon grabbed onto him (and Analei), Jacob allowed himself to be pulled towards the dance floor though he wasn't totally sold on his friend's idea. He knew how to dance just fine, but he'd been wandering around long enough to know that this fast song would be followed by a dozen slow, sappy songs meant for couples. Still, he knew it would be grumpy to decline. "Fiiiine" he mumbled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back